6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Got ppl butthurt over LKY funeral live telecast News

views

TSjonny4
post Mar 29 2015, 08:57 PM, updated 9y ago

Regular
1,974 posts

Some Malaysians roast Astro Awani for live telecast of ‘apek Communist Singapore’ LKY’s funeral

KUALA LUMPUR, March 29 — Astro Awani’s live telecast of the state funeral for Lee Kuan Yew today drew anger from some Malaysians who questioned the satellite broadcast channel’s purpose in giving such prominent airplay to Singapore’s founding father.

In airing their grievances on Astro Awani’s Facebook page — some of which were riddled with expletives — the upset subscribers accused the Malaysian channel of being “pro-Singapore” in according full coverage to a political leader whom they felt did not impact Malaysia’s history or development.

“I paid so much not for you people (Astro) to do a live coverage of this apek. If it is a Quranic recital or Ustad Azhar Idrus, I don’t mind but this? Might as well cancel my Astro subscription,” said one Facebook user who went by the moniker Paksu Yg Punyerr in Bahasa Malaysia.

In a profane-laden vitriolic rant against the Malay-language broadcast channel, Facebooker Shahrul Azyzy Suria Ahmad posted in the national language, “ASTRO P***MAK, WANT TO LIFT EVEN THIS SINGAPORE COMMUNIST STOOGE,,, WHAT IS HIS CONTRIBUTION TO ISLAM IN SINGAPORE AND MALAYSIA?”

Lee was known to be a fierce anti-communist.

Another commenter, Fairus Salleh questioned Lee’s “importance” to Malaysia and Astro Awani’s choice of news coverage.

“Come one, Awani, why do this coverage? Is he that important. What did he do for this country?

“Might as well provide news coverage of problems affecting the people,” Fairus said, also in Malay.

Facebook user Mohd Azril Abdul Aziz went a step further, and accused Astro Awani of pandering to Singaporean interests.

“Why is Astro Awani being pro-Singapore, don’t have to do a live telecast of a dead Chinese. If it was the passing of a Malay ruler it is fine... Astro Astro, we are Malaysians in Asean why the need to do this to pay respects... Chinese will be Chinese,” Mohd Azril said.

But some other Facebook users appeared uncomfortable with the tone of the general comments aimed at Astro Awani and urged for calm and respect for the late Lee.

“LKY (Lee Kuan Yew) was one of those who fought for independence of Malaya and the Straits Settlements. He was part of our pre-1965 history,” said Andrew Yeong Endroo G.

Astro Awani had posted a message on its Facebook page in Malay earlier this morning informing viewers to tune in to Channel 501 and its website to follow the live broadcast of Lee’s state funeral procession in Singapore from 12.30pm.

Lee, who transformed Singapore from a backwater to one of Asia’s richest nations in three decades died on March 23 after being admitted to hospital for severe pneumonia. He was 91.

Astro Awani has yet to respond to queries from Malay Mail Online over the matter.

- See more at: http://m.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/a...h.a8KbqlF7.dpuf

TSjonny4
post Mar 29 2015, 08:59 PM

Regular
1,974 posts

QUOTE(cempedakbasi @ Mar 29 2015, 08:58 PM)
Thread LKY yang ke 755232145545665767878898798853323244676880
u really reminds me of a certain banned ktard
Avex
post Mar 29 2015, 09:01 PM

On my way
559 posts

FB comment, "Singapore is communist". "Chinese will be Chinese". Racism is high in this country
SUSedmunz
post Mar 29 2015, 09:01 PM

dupe buster..since 2010
900 posts

dah.. dah start dah.. major species butthurt.. these stupiak r no respect for people other than themself.. malas nak argue these good for nothing stupiak.. taliban mentality
SUSAxeFire
post Mar 29 2015, 09:02 PM

Casual
368 posts

These Malay high horses are the reason Malaysia will forever be in shit

I think they want Malaysia to be Taliban

Might as well the good intellectual people leave and let the idiots remain
sedakabe
post Mar 29 2015, 09:03 PM

14 posts

live make ppl butthurt, die oso make ppl butthurt

Artic Monkeys
post Mar 29 2015, 09:04 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

And that's why we're a third world country people
TSjonny4
post Mar 29 2015, 09:05 PM

Regular
1,974 posts

QUOTE(cempedakbasi @ Mar 29 2015, 09:00 PM)
did u have sex with him or her?
:3
of coz not la.
SUSAxeFire
post Mar 29 2015, 09:05 PM

Casual
368 posts

QUOTE(Avex @ Mar 29 2015, 09:01 PM)
FB comment, "Singapore is communist". "Chinese will be Chinese". Racism is high in this country
How I wish I become supreme leader of Malaysia and force race cleansing on everyone

There shall only be one race - Malaysian

No special treatment
Why Malay need to be pampered? Can't they fend themselves like the chinese
Why cannot? So lembut ah? Manja?
zaman_chem
post Mar 29 2015, 09:06 PM

Casual
487 posts

i did not watch as i dont like watch funeral on tv..but i do watch f1.
zeist
post Mar 29 2015, 09:07 PM

Mivec 1800cc
All Stars
15,182 posts

Shahrul Azyzy Suria Ahmad <--- lu jangan kurang ajar, nanti kasi pelempang
SUSneoFluidic
post Mar 29 2015, 09:07 PM

47 posts

Sudah start dh the spesies of butthurt in the majority of msia.
Artic Monkeys
post Mar 29 2015, 09:08 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

Kita tengok sek sek mana yang condemn melampau tu

Such a disgrace to my own race
chickenshit36
post Mar 29 2015, 09:09 PM

On my way
501 posts

QUOTE(Avex @ Mar 29 2015, 09:01 PM)
It's just because of the Internet. These idiots can post whatever. The empty tins produce the loudest sound
SUShippihippo

1 posts

“I paid so much not for you people (Astro) to do a live coverage of this apek. If it is a Quranic recital or Ustad Azhar Idrus, I don’t mind but this? Might as well cancel my Astro subscription,” said one Facebook user who went by the moniker Paksu Yg Punyerr in Bahasa Malaysia.

In a profane-laden vitriolic rant against the Malay-language broadcast channel, Facebooker Shahrul Azyzy Suria Ahmad posted in the national language, “ASTRO P***MAK, WANT TO LIFT EVEN THIS SINGAPORE COMMUNIST STOOGE,,, WHAT IS HIS CONTRIBUTION TO ISLAM IN SINGAPORE AND MALAYSIA?”

“Why is Astro Awani being pro-Singapore, don’t have to do a live telecast of a dead Chinese. If it was the passing of a Malay ruler it is fine... Astro Astro, we are Malaysians in Asean why the need to do this to pay respects... Chinese will be Chinese,” Mohd Azril said.

What a mentality...
SUSYellowKingValley

Casual
398 posts

Maybe telecast paid for by SG (like advert). Is it bonus content?

But very stupid to insult the telecast. Unless AA cancelled other programmes for the telecast.

So which is it. Anyone had any idea?
Mr. Kim
post Mar 29 2015, 09:10 PM

18 posts

QUOTE(AxeFire @ Mar 29 2015, 09:05 PM)
How I wish I become supreme leader of Malaysia and force race cleansing on everyone

There shall only be one race - Malaysian

No special treatment
Why Malay need to be pampered? Can't they fend themselves like the chinese
Why cannot? So lembut ah? Manja?
chinese supremacy all over your posts man
figuremeout
post Mar 29 2015, 09:10 PM

~In another life, I would make u stay~
889 posts

Taliban butthurt. Those talibans will owes dispise anything not related to them. Sand dwelllers
TSjonny4
post Mar 29 2015, 09:11 PM

Regular
1,974 posts

QUOTE(YellowKingValley @ Mar 29 2015, 09:09 PM)
Maybe telecast paid for by SG (like advert). Is it bonus content?

But very stupid to insult the telecast. Unless AA cancelled other programmes for the telecast.

So which is it. Anyone had any idea?
of coz something got cancelled la. u think every sunday afternoon got live telecast of a funeral ar ?
ironmaid89
post Mar 29 2015, 09:12 PM

3 posts

i agree with them this time, what is the purpose live telecast here.

6 Pages  1 2 3 > » 
Bump Topic Topic ClosedOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0167sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:46 PM