Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> If mahathir died, will it have the same impact as, LEE KUAN YEW?

views

SUSjaymansion
post Mar 29 2015, 08:40 PM

27 posts

what if katak and ridhuan tee mati?what treatment will they receive?
pulautikus
post Mar 29 2015, 08:41 PM

Getting Started
288 posts

QUOTE(andriel @ Mar 29 2015, 08:31 PM)
Oooo someone got Dr M's son contact
Kerani gaji 1310 mmg kena byk ctc dato2
Lucifer96
post Mar 29 2015, 08:41 PM

Getting Started
257 posts

QUOTE(pulautikus @ Mar 29 2015, 08:13 PM)
I respect him.
He brings so many progress to malaysia.
What progress?
billylks
post Mar 29 2015, 08:44 PM

Getting Started
176 posts

The impact won't be as big as LKY since the UMNO party is too polarised now, so many groups.

Bijan will be happy though.
and85rew
post Mar 29 2015, 08:45 PM

Red Devil
865 posts

Bijan GG, i open table
treblecase
post Mar 29 2015, 08:55 PM

IHI
767 posts

It will only be a side note in other countries' newspaper.
rcracer
post Mar 29 2015, 08:55 PM

?????
3,743 posts

Fap , watch movie, wash car, clean house ,
river.sand
post Mar 29 2015, 08:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

OIC and African countries will send delegates. China probably will, but don't expect Western countries to do so. Mahathir is anti West.
zaman_chem
post Mar 29 2015, 09:02 PM

Casual
487 posts

QUOTE(imsushi92 @ Mar 29 2015, 07:49 PM)
your opinion?
yes..he has many admirer in third world country in middle east
SUSacer7254
post Mar 29 2015, 09:08 PM

4 posts

I will open bunch of thread in kopi

Mahathir vs <insert any competitor>
pulautikus
post Mar 29 2015, 09:35 PM

Getting Started
288 posts

QUOTE(Lucifer96 @ Mar 29 2015, 08:41 PM)
What progress?
The following are among the major contributions of Dr Mahathir during his long 22 years of service as Prime Minister of Malaysia:

Dr Mahathir has campaigned resolutely to maintain and strengthen racial harmony withinMalaysia and to improve the position of the Malays in business and other matters in order to preserve a balance of opportunity for all. (Robin Adshead, Mahathir ofMalaysia Statemen and Leader)Inn the field of national development,  Dr M has successfully created a paradigm shift in the structure of the economic system inMalaysia.  Dr M has transformedMalaysia from a country that depended so much on self-subsistence agriculture, cultivation of rubber and tin mining, into a vibrant economic based on trading and industrialization. Malaysia now have heavy and high technology industries that have become developed and competitive and at par with other developed countries in the world.Dr Mahathir has  conceptualized VISION 2020, where by the year 2020Malaysia is expected to be fully developed country.  He has called upon the entire citizens of Malaysiato work harder and to prepare themselves to really achieve THAT VISION. In the late 1990s, Dr Mahathir has taken steps to enable Malaysia to face the future by establishing the Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC), which emphasizes ‘Information Technology’ (IT) as very important asset for the country in the new millennium.In 1982 Dr Mahathir first announced the National Car Project, which is one of the many important developments as Malaysians forges ahead in achieving Vision 2020. It first started as joined venture between Perusahaan Outomotivle National Berhad, Proton, Hicom Berhad, Mitsubishi Motor Corporation.Dr Mahathir has also initiated several changes in the administrative system of the country by introducing the following policies, good qualities of the East Asian countries:‘Clean, Efficient and Trustworthy’ policy‘Leadership By Example’ PolicyInstilling ‘Islamic Values in Administration’ Policy

These policies would make the government machinery more efficient, of higher quality and more competitive.  The implementation of such policies has resulted in the Malaysian Civil Service being one of the best in the world.

In the field of literature, Dr Mahathir has contributed greatly since his schooling days.  Due to his great interest in writing Dr M was an editor of the Darulaman magazine, published by the SultanAbdul Hamid College.  While studying at the University, he was the editor of the magazine published by the Medical College of Singapore. Among his works are ‘The Monetary Crisis of Malaysia:  How and Why It Happened,’ ‘A New Deal for Asia’, ‘The Way Forward’, ‘The Voice of Asia: Tow Leaders Discuss the Coming Century’, ‘The Malaysian System of Government’, ‘Menerangi Kemiskinan: Peladang, Penternak dan Nelayan’, ‘Regionalism, Globalism and Spheres of Influence’, ‘The Challenge’, ‘Guide for Small Businessmen’, ‘Malay Dilemma’, ‘Warisan Kepimpinan’ and ‘Menghadapi Cabaran.’Dr Mahathir had successfully handled the financial crisis 1997 and stabilized Malaysian economy.Dr Mahathir sought to makeMalaysia an industrial nation and develop Malay businesses, and promoted non-individualistic "Asian values" while often denouncing the West. Although Malaysia made enormous and rapid economic progress under Mahathir, political stability was maintained by not tolerating dissent and restricting political freedoms, and his government was denounced for human-rights abuses.In the field of telecommunications industry, during Dr Mahathir government, Telekom Malaysia has 3.8 million fixed line customers and 1.8 million mobile phone users inMalaysia.  Banking system embarked on the extensive use of modern information technology.  All schools are being equipped with computers.  Information Technology specific training institutions and universities are being established and knowledge workers encouraged to participate fully in economy.(MSC, 1998)Dr Mahathir has made Malaysia less depending on neighbouring country port by constructed our own major ports like Tanjung Pelepas and West Port.  This helps Malaysia to reduce foreign currency outflow.Dr Mahathir embarked on various large scale national projects, such as:The North-South Highway, which has cut transport times in half on the west coast of Malaysia;The Multimedia Super Corridor, a flagship project based on Silicon Valley designed to enable malaysia’s foray into information technology (it includesMalaysia’s new administrative capital Putrajaya);Port of Tanjung Pelepas;The Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) in Sepang, and an adjacent Formula One Circuit.The Bakun Dam, meant to supply all of the electricity needs of the East Malaysia states of Sabah and Sarawak and which has enough capacity to enable exportation of power to Brunei.Olympic-class stadium in Bukit Jalil; andThe Petronas Twin Towers, the tallest twin towers in the world, the world’s tallest building from 1997-2003, that have become symbolic of modernMalaysia.

Sos http://belleroseengol.blogspot.com/2009/12...-prime.html?m=1

Oops
ryansxs
post Mar 29 2015, 09:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,281 posts

Mahathir will not die

joe_star
post Mar 29 2015, 09:51 PM

Serving the Servants
1,807 posts

Nope sorry not mourning.

And the development? IMO Malaysia would have achieved that regardless who was at the helm.
michaelooi
post Mar 29 2015, 09:58 PM

2 posts

No
SUSfreeman1
post Mar 29 2015, 10:17 PM

On my way
525 posts

People still respect LKY because his contributions are much more than the damages he has done to Singaporean. Compared to M, it's other way round.
Reckoning
post Mar 29 2015, 10:18 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

For mahathir yes. For najib no
coklatua
post Mar 29 2015, 10:22 PM

Enthusiast
886 posts

I will. I'm not macai btw.
Because of him my childhood is full of dreams.
He made me become a patriotic person.
Nowadays I can't see someone that can do that to our kids anymore.
SUSY.J.S
post Mar 29 2015, 10:30 PM

MLM
1,353 posts

He won't die easily .
His body running young bloods
coklatua
post Mar 29 2015, 10:36 PM

Enthusiast
886 posts

QUOTE(Awsomener @ Mar 29 2015, 07:57 PM)
Singapore does not have any highest building but they are now host to Asia's Got Talent.
KLCC? Meh.
Host to Asia's Got Talent. So?
coklatua
post Mar 29 2015, 10:43 PM

Enthusiast
886 posts

QUOTE(Awsomener @ Mar 29 2015, 10:39 PM)
it is an acknowledgement of world talent.
and besides that, a lot of Hollywood stars go to Marina Sand Bay instead of KLCC when they drop by SEA.
Lol..
Sorry, I don't get your point.
I don't see the relationship with Asia got Talent or Hollywood Star go to Marina Sand or KLCC with the topic mentions.

7 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0137sec    0.08    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:08 AM