Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Lowyat.Net Watercooling Club V9, Your WCed rigs, discussions, ideas & etc

views

nrw
post Apr 4 2020, 11:43 AM

Casual
394 posts

QUOTE(pristine @ Apr 2 2020, 09:38 PM)
those eloop fans are so damn mahal I don't have the heart to sell them. I'm still keeping them in storage. lol. I had a huge thing for the NB and aquacomputer when I was building my rig.
Blacknoise and Aquacomputer, you like to support Germany's economy for sure tongue.gif How about Watercool?

But yeah... Aquacomputer parts are really good, got quite a few myself. especially the waterblocks are superb.
nrw
post Apr 4 2020, 10:22 PM

Casual
394 posts

QUOTE(pristine @ Apr 4 2020, 09:31 PM)
Lol. Funny thing is all purchase from US laugh.gif

I did have a few from Watercool. But not a lot la. More aquacomputer because I have the aquaero.
They ship internationally if I'm not mistaken.

Yup I have got that one, too. In a drawer waiting to be used some day again 😂
But got to pay for a version upgrade then, quite old already. Thats about the only downside with them.

On the other hand, they sell spare parts for reasonable prices and beyond regular shelf times.
This year I only ordered spare parts for my aquainlet & eheim pump which I bought used late last year.

So yeah they really are a gem.

But on the other hand for simple items Bykski n Barrow are very fine.
All my fittings (excl. sensors) are of those two brands.

This post has been edited by nrw: Apr 4 2020, 10:27 PM
nrw
post Apr 4 2020, 11:48 PM

Casual
394 posts

QUOTE(pristine @ Apr 4 2020, 10:26 PM)
Lots of ways to get the parts you need. heh.

Mine is the aquero 5lt. super old. still works with sensors and stuff. just probably no additional features and updates.  sweat.gif

fuah. solid pumps you have there.  notworthy.gif
Ofc, its still for sale. I've got the same. Together with a splitty (and if you're into rbg farbwerk) that's all you need.
Next time I clean radiators I'll switch those components back in.

Btw, I suppose you have their flow meter then, too.
https://www.igorslab.de/aqua-computer-durch...fuer-40-euro/2/
This is a recent review showing how pretty darn accurate it actually is within a certain range.

This post has been edited by nrw: Apr 4 2020, 11:52 PM
nrw
post Apr 6 2020, 08:33 PM

Casual
394 posts

QUOTE(ntw @ Apr 6 2020, 07:10 PM)
dudeeeee... I almost thought this post was made by myself.  hmm.gif
good no hangover n started wondering why you couldn't edit the post then tongue.gif
nrw
post Apr 13 2020, 08:39 PM

Casual
394 posts

QUOTE(sHawTY @ Apr 13 2020, 04:54 PM)
The only thing they don't allow is for you to use liquid metal on the GPU chipset
Does anyone really allow liquid metal biggrin.gif?
Kinda doubt knowing how it looks after a few months/years... haha.

Which card/model are you eying CAL_V?
nrw
post Jul 7 2020, 02:53 PM

Casual
394 posts

Watercool (heatkiller) is not that expensive actually.
usually cheaper and better than EK.
nrw
post Jul 7 2020, 09:41 PM

Casual
394 posts

why quote in full then tongue.gif

Yeah.. that's right, those have a crazy price tag.
I always feel funny to see their marketing, throughout American.

Exactly the opposite from what you'd see from aquacomputer or watercool, lol.
nrw
post Jul 8 2020, 12:02 PM

Casual
394 posts

ye it seems good, but since they are very shy providing actual numbers I never bothered to order from them. however one thing for sure, its one of the best looking cpu blocks, gotta agree on that.

personally I use a heatkiller iv in one pc and an kryos next in another.
the kryos feels a tiny bit better for am4 (especially with the offset brackets) but I wouldn't dare to call a winner not having proper equipment to verify this.
nrw
post Jul 8 2020, 12:55 PM

Casual
394 posts

You mean the swirls right? I've got the nickel plated one, not that I remember seeing those. Next time I clean it I will check.
nrw
post Aug 14 2020, 12:23 PM

Casual
394 posts

fine choice of fans on the o11dxl thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by nrw: Aug 14 2020, 12:30 PM
nrw
post Aug 14 2020, 02:04 PM

Casual
394 posts

QUOTE(sHawTY @ Aug 14 2020, 12:34 PM)
They are going to release RGB version of the P12 soon
Hopefully it's also available with CO option as well. Love dual ball bearings wub.gif
Yiykes.
Yeah the CO version is quite nice. I'd prefer them to any fan but the A12X25 (much more pleasant motor noise).
Performance wise quite close, if they used a radiator gasket like Noctua probably be even closer.

Too bad have to import most of their good items. Nowadays parcels quite slow.

This post has been edited by nrw: Aug 14 2020, 02:05 PM
nrw
post Aug 19 2020, 11:02 PM

Casual
394 posts

for cpu, especially matisse desktop cpus you don't really need a custom loop. gains you'd see for your 3700x would be marginal.

the bottleneck for those usually is the heat transfer to the heatspreader. a good aircooler or aio will do to get you a rather cool silent system.

for gpu that's another story. but that doesn't seem to be what you're looking for.
nrw
post Sep 17 2020, 02:01 AM

Casual
394 posts

QUOTE(CAL V @ Sep 17 2020, 12:21 AM)
Does the CO model still whines at ~1000rpm? Sounds quite terrible from the Optimum Tech video for the non-co P12. And how about the ball bearing noise? I'm currently using 5 Scythe AP15 in my system and their ball bearings are definitely audible.

Considering the P14 PWM PST CO for my next build which will likely sit on the desk, so noise is something to note.
I have some P12 non co in a smaller rig here and they don't whine badly at 1000rpm. I think the biggest issue with the Arctics is quality control. I've had quite some bad units (7) that are still with me waiting to be rma'd. Having about 35 go through my hands, that's an alarming number I'd say. 5 of them have a slight irregular noise and two are absolutely unacceptable.

If nothing is wrong with the the P12's you wont hear a difference between P12 and P12 CO. At least I can't. The CO's should just last longer or let's better say stay as silent for longer.
nrw
post Dec 13 2020, 12:12 AM

Casual
394 posts

getting things via shopee also quite decent. it's faster if you don't wanna wait too long
nrw
post Dec 17 2020, 01:57 PM

Casual
394 posts

well 360 (3x120) won't have the mounting capabilities for that. you should have gotten a 420mm radiator then (or 280)
nrw
post Jun 6 2021, 11:54 PM

Casual
394 posts

I don't think it's the added heat. Even Esenel is having some not so good GPU temps with one of these. And the cooling he got surely is able to absorb a few more watts for heat transfer.

Actually I have one of these double sided active cooled Bykski blocks with me as well (v2) which is waiting for a card to be slapped on.
I can tell that Bykski's manufacturing accuracy on the GPU side is really poor this time.

Firstly I've got some really bad tooling marks on the GPU plate:
user posted image which certainly do not help with GPU temps.

Secondly the included thermal pad sizes might be just off.
From my late TuF single sided block I noticed that when I took the block off despite the included thermal pads being quite hard (I'd reckon they are probably towards shore 00 60) they deform quite a bit.
I saw massive improvements in temps just by changing the included 1.8mm pads to 1mm pads. I actually started by putting 2mm, then went down to 1.5mm just to end up at 1mm with some added spacers.

Feels like they rushed it too much this time.
nrw
post Dec 30 2021, 11:46 AM

Casual
394 posts

Neat stuff right here, great job up there!

Just a quick advise to those considering Barrow LGA1700 waterblocks...
stay away from them. I received one last week and here's my take on the mounting part.

user posted image

They are using this flimsy plastic bracket which only does the job by using quite a bit of the pcb's surface area to approach sufficient mounting pressure. This violates Intel's specifications.

Furthermore they do not use fastening brackets accounting for any mounting pitch! They simply use loose screws (not pre-fixed pressure ones) and springs. This can work if you do it perfectly, however even then you will be looking at inferior temperatures compared to proper mounting solutions.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0478sec    0.22    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:34 PM