Gorrila MXE
1,998 posts

Owikh84 still active in PC scene. thumbup.gif
nohal
post Mar 24 2020, 12:14 PM

Gorrila MXE
1,998 posts

QUOTE(fatnerd @ Mar 23 2020, 02:29 PM)
Hi, new to water cooling here. I assume noticeable heat around my cpu is a good thing after installing water cooler? I did not have this when I use AIO cooler. Also, I notice some condensation inside reservoir, is this normal? Thanks in advance.
If it's inside your reservoir is normal. If outside reservoir or tubes, then that's a problem. Your coolant cooler than ambient. biggrin.gif
nohal
post Mar 25 2020, 04:57 PM

Gorrila MXE
1,998 posts

QUOTE(fatnerd @ Mar 25 2020, 09:57 AM)
Thanks. Glad to know at least this part is not a problem.
Show us your set up. biggrin.gif
nohal
post Mar 27 2020, 07:21 PM

Gorrila MXE
1,998 posts

QUOTE(fatnerd @ Mar 27 2020, 05:24 PM)
nothing to see here. I'm not proud of my miscalculatied, oversized reservoir.
I don't really care about aesthetics. I go for, "how many radiators I can squeeze in". You'll know when you see mine. Just be proud of your work man, upgrade it from time to time.
nohal
post Apr 2 2020, 09:34 AM

Gorrila MXE
1,998 posts

QUOTE(fatnerd @ Apr 2 2020, 09:20 AM)
user posted image
using Corsair carbide 600c inverted case. Had to remove 2 case fan to install the pump res. Now my GPU (1080 8G) generating too much heat when I run red dead redemption2. Planning to get waterblock for my GPU as well.
Nice set up and very nice light up block and res. During my build, LED at block, ram, etc require a retrofit. So no light up for mine. Be sure to get a full waterblock for GPU. smile.gif
nohal
post Apr 2 2020, 10:26 AM

Gorrila MXE
1,998 posts

QUOTE(fatnerd @ Apr 2 2020, 09:53 AM)
I am waiting somebody to sell. Anyone selling GTX1080 waterblock? That simple setup already cost me ~RM2400.
Once you go watercooling, you'll pocket will burn lol. My watercooling loop cost roughly as much as my PC system. biggrin.gif
nohal
post Apr 2 2020, 01:02 PM

Gorrila MXE
1,998 posts

QUOTE(fatnerd @ Apr 2 2020, 12:50 PM)
show me what you got!
user posted image

This will burn all aesthetic lovers' eyes out there. Like I've said, my goal was to squeeze as many radiators as possible. biggrin.gif Built in 2012 if i remember it correctly.
nohal
post Apr 2 2020, 03:32 PM

Gorrila MXE
1,998 posts

QUOTE(fatnerd @ Apr 2 2020, 01:16 PM)
I roughly understand you have entire system looped except RAM. Your reservoir, is it enough for a loop this big?

Why do you need the 2 fan array (doesnt look like they are water looped radiator)? I thought most of the heat should go to the radiator outside the case?
1. My understanding is reservoir does nothing except contain excess water for buffer. Heat involve too small to consider condensation and heat release in the reservoir etc. IDK. The challenge is placing the reservoir at the bottom of the loop, little bit tricky bleeding the loop, but it runs fine.

2. Sorry that I don't understand about the 2 fan array. If you could please reword/clarify the question. biggrin.gif

3. The outside rad is outside so no issue here. The side Rad as intake and top rad is exhaust.
nohal
post Apr 2 2020, 04:06 PM

Gorrila MXE
1,998 posts

QUOTE(pristine @ Apr 2 2020, 03:58 PM)
No joke about the aesthetics for sure. haha. man that's stuffed.

Are you getting close to ambient temperatures on your machine with so many rads?
I think he's talking about the two fans below, covered by the cooler master shroud. IINM, exhausting, right?
1. Yeap, the coolant loop usually ambient temperature. However, as a result, my room will always be hot. Good thing, if I turn on my AC, I can overclock higher with lower temp. biggrin.gif (not practical i know biggrin.gif)

2. The bottom fans is intake for HDD/SSD cooling. Not doing much, I just don't want to remove the bottom part.

Eh, btw, Pristine. Bought several items at Performance PC through your bulk purchase back in 2013. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by nohal: Apr 2 2020, 04:10 PM
nohal
post Apr 2 2020, 06:50 PM

Gorrila MXE
1,998 posts

QUOTE(pristine @ Apr 2 2020, 05:21 PM)
Normal la, PC cooler, room get hotter. The heat has to go somewhere laugh.gif

HAHA yeah man. That was when we had such limited access to parts.

Thanks to all the members that participated in the bulk purchase over the time I had it running I built my rig (which has now been long retired sadly : sweat.gif)

Still have some photos of it:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Yeah, back when the currency was okay. biggrin.gif I've planned to buy Case Labs casing and was waiting for the currency to be okay. Till now, the currency even get worst and Case Labs shut down its business. Haha.

That and I've changed my hobby to diving and just maintain the rig.

Sick thing you got there, that steampunk looking thing is a reservoir? and Aqua Computer parts, what a quality. biggrin.gif
nohal
post Apr 2 2020, 06:58 PM

Gorrila MXE
1,998 posts

QUOTE(ntw @ Apr 2 2020, 06:50 PM)
how do you do maintenance on the loop?  sweat.gif
Thank God that it only require coolant topup every half a year or so, I think more than 6 months, when the pump sucked some bubbles and make a sound. Haven't touch the loop since 2013.

And how about dust you might ask? biggrin.gif I've blasted the heck out of it using compressed air. Bought 2HP air compresor. Hahaha.
nohal
post Apr 6 2020, 07:16 PM

Gorrila MXE
1,998 posts

QUOTE(pristine @ Apr 2 2020, 09:38 PM)
I think at some point CaseLabs was the case to buy.

Yeah, the white thing was my reservoir. White delrin/acetal reservoir with a window. I swapped out the original screws that held the window in for marine A2 stainless he head ones, and added even more around it. LOL.

In fact, whatever screws I could change, I changed to hex head A2 stainless.
those eloop fans are so damn mahal I don't have the heart to sell them. I'm still keeping them in storage. lol. I had a huge thing for the NB and aquacomputer when I was building my rig.
Nice. I'm too scared of leaking, never done any mods on the components. Just crazy tubing. biggrin.gif

I have Koolance quick disconnect and really impressed with its build. Made in Korea. Can really appreciate high quality product.

QUOTE(ntw @ Apr 6 2020, 07:10 PM)
dudeeeee... I almost thought this post was made by myself.  hmm.gif
He registered earlier, so you are copying him/her. biggrin.gif JK.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0463sec    0.59    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 3rd June 2020 - 10:24 AM