> Lowyat.Net Watercooling Club V9, Your WCed rigs, discussions, ideas & etc

views

nohal
post Apr 2 2020, 06:58 PM

Gorrila MXE
1,997 posts

QUOTE(ntw @ Apr 2 2020, 06:50 PM)
how do you do maintenance on the loop?  sweat.gif
Thank God that it only require coolant topup every half a year or so, I think more than 6 months, when the pump sucked some bubbles and make a sound. Haven't touch the loop since 2013.

And how about dust you might ask? biggrin.gif I've blasted the heck out of it using compressed air. Bought 2HP air compresor. Hahaha.
ntw
post Apr 2 2020, 07:07 PM

One Each At A Time
1,238 posts

QUOTE(nohal @ Apr 2 2020, 06:58 PM)
Thank God that it only require coolant topup every half a year or so, I think more than 6 months, when the pump sucked some bubbles and make a sound. Haven't touch the loop since 2013.

And how about dust you might ask? biggrin.gif I've blasted the heck out of it using compressed air. Bought 2HP air compresor. Hahaha.
Impressive. I started watercooling 6 years back with the xspc cpu kit, when immediately lost interest and sold everything after discovering how difficult to expand the loop for gpu. sweat.gif

but still sub this thread to gawk at other sifu's setup from time to time
pristine
post Apr 2 2020, 09:38 PM

junkie
2,803 posts

QUOTE(nohal @ Apr 2 2020, 06:50 PM)
Yeah, back when the currency was okay. biggrin.gif I've planned to buy Case Labs casing and was waiting for the currency to be okay. Till now, the currency even get worst and Case Labs shut down its business. Haha.

That and I've changed my hobby to diving and just maintain the rig.

Sick thing you got there, that steampunk looking thing is a reservoir? and Aqua Computer parts, what a quality. biggrin.gif
I think at some point CaseLabs was the case to buy.

Yeah, the white thing was my reservoir. White delrin/acetal reservoir with a window. I swapped out the original screws that held the window in for marine A2 stainless he head ones, and added even more around it. LOL.

In fact, whatever screws I could change, I changed to hex head A2 stainless.

QUOTE(ntw @ Apr 2 2020, 06:53 PM)
damn those eloop fans and aquacomputer parts drool.gif
those eloop fans are so damn mahal I don't have the heart to sell them. I'm still keeping them in storage. lol. I had a huge thing for the NB and aquacomputer when I was building my rig.
nrw
post Apr 4 2020, 11:43 AM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(pristine @ Apr 2 2020, 09:38 PM)
those eloop fans are so damn mahal I don't have the heart to sell them. I'm still keeping them in storage. lol. I had a huge thing for the NB and aquacomputer when I was building my rig.
Blacknoise and Aquacomputer, you like to support Germany's economy for sure tongue.gif How about Watercool?

But yeah... Aquacomputer parts are really good, got quite a few myself. especially the waterblocks are superb.
pristine
post Apr 4 2020, 09:31 PM

junkie
2,803 posts

QUOTE(nrw @ Apr 4 2020, 11:43 AM)
Blacknoise and Aquacomputer, you like to support Germany's economy for sure  tongue.gif How about Watercool?

But yeah... Aquacomputer parts are really good, got quite a few myself. especially the waterblocks are superb.
Lol. Funny thing is all purchase from US laugh.gif

I did have a few from Watercool. But not a lot la. More aquacomputer because I have the aquaero.
nrw
post Apr 4 2020, 10:22 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(pristine @ Apr 4 2020, 09:31 PM)
Lol. Funny thing is all purchase from US laugh.gif

I did have a few from Watercool. But not a lot la. More aquacomputer because I have the aquaero.
They ship internationally if I'm not mistaken.

Yup I have got that one, too. In a drawer waiting to be used some day again 😂
But got to pay for a version upgrade then, quite old already. Thats about the only downside with them.

On the other hand, they sell spare parts for reasonable prices and beyond regular shelf times.
This year I only ordered spare parts for my aquainlet & eheim pump which I bought used late last year.

So yeah they really are a gem.

But on the other hand for simple items Bykski n Barrow are very fine.
All my fittings (excl. sensors) are of those two brands.

This post has been edited by nrw: Apr 4 2020, 10:27 PM
pristine
post Apr 4 2020, 10:26 PM

junkie
2,803 posts

QUOTE(nrw @ Apr 4 2020, 10:22 PM)
They ship internationally if I'm not mistaken.

Yup I have got that one, too. In a drawer waiting to be used some day again 😂
But got to pay for a version upgrade then, quite old already. Thats about the only downside with them.

On the other hand, they sell spare parts for reasonable prices and beyond regular shelf times.
This year I only ordered spare parts for my aquainlet & eheim pump which I bought used late last year.

So yeah they really are a gem.

But on the other hand for simple items Bykski n Barrow also have items that are very fine.
Lots of ways to get the parts you need. heh.

Mine is the aquero 5lt. super old. still works with sensors and stuff. just probably no additional features and updates. sweat.gif

fuah. solid pumps you have there. notworthy.gif
nrw
post Apr 4 2020, 11:48 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(pristine @ Apr 4 2020, 10:26 PM)
Lots of ways to get the parts you need. heh.

Mine is the aquero 5lt. super old. still works with sensors and stuff. just probably no additional features and updates.  sweat.gif

fuah. solid pumps you have there.  notworthy.gif
Ofc, its still for sale. I've got the same. Together with a splitty (and if you're into rbg farbwerk) that's all you need.
Next time I clean radiators I'll switch those components back in.

Btw, I suppose you have their flow meter then, too.
https://www.igorslab.de/aqua-computer-durch...fuer-40-euro/2/
This is a recent review showing how pretty darn accurate it actually is within a certain range.

This post has been edited by nrw: Apr 4 2020, 11:52 PM
pristine
post Yesterday, 07:34 PM

junkie
2,803 posts

QUOTE(nrw @ Apr 4 2020, 11:48 PM)
Ofc, its still for sale. I've got the same. Together with a splitty (and if you're into rbg farbwerk) that's all you need.
Next time I clean radiators I'll switch those components back in.

Btw, I suppose you have their flow meter then, too.
https://www.igorslab.de/aqua-computer-durch...fuer-40-euro/2/
This is a recent review showing how pretty darn accurate it actually is within a certain range.
Didn't get any flow meters from aquacomputer though. Relied on my pump read out. haha! I have quite a few temperature sensors though, the inline kind.
tesla_rage
post Today, 12:54 PM

Gundam 00
1,357 posts

Hey guys, quick question. Where are you getting your parts from? Order directly online from websites like EKWB? Kena tax or not?

EDIT: Please ignore my signature - have not updated in years.

This post has been edited by tesla_rage: Today, 12:54 PM

58 Pages « < 56 57 58Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0240sec    1.04    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 6th April 2020 - 01:54 PM