Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Sofa : CASA leather VS cow skin leather

views

weikee
post Mar 26 2015, 04:39 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(juicyliana @ Mar 26 2015, 04:36 PM)
wouldn't the leather looks dry?

i see some cars that are less than 5 years, the leather starts to have cracks as it is exposed under the sun and dries it up.
Nope, look good. Normally it will only start cracking after 5th year, but I see some well taken care and last more than 10 years

RaptoR
post Mar 26 2015, 07:13 PM

Casual
351 posts

QUOTE(hushymushy @ Mar 26 2015, 12:50 PM)
hey bro.....we didn't get the 2 seater coz of space....

so please take note the price we bought at, was for 3 + 1.
I see. Mine can be 3+2+1, just that my space for the 3 seater is quite short at 2.1m only. So that design that you got looks ideal, and i'm not a fan of the recliner style also. How much did you pay for 3 + 1? And half leather also rite?

Can use your price as comparison with 'loumou' here. brows.gif

Thanks.
MeToo
post Mar 26 2015, 07:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(faytleingod @ Mar 25 2015, 02:06 PM)
Hi all,

Planning to buy a new sofa..
U all know la.. All salesman say dao their sofa is the best..

He say cow skin is the most quality one (the salesman even grab my car key and scratch the sofa.. No scratch at all 😮)
He says that CASA leather is a lower grade.. The leather will come out in bout 9 months..
When i tried the CASA leather sofa, it feels very good.. Soft and like.. the sofa is hugging u 😄..

So my question is, is casa leather really not that durable? The leather will come out after a year or two?
Cow skin leather is durable but price is quite high.. Bout RM7.5k

The casa leather sofa is around RM5k...

And does anyone here heard bout this brand b4?
Firenze & Venzo...
Which one more famous in terms brand?😄

Thx all
Go for good leather.

I got a lazboy recliner retailign about ~6k... salesmen recomend a higher range with nice soft supple leather... no regrets man... after a few years still as good feeling as when I first bought it. Just wipe it down and apply some leather care once a year...
MeToo
post Mar 26 2015, 07:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(juicyliana @ Mar 26 2015, 09:51 AM)
go for full leather if u must.

please bear in mind that leather is pretty high maintenance. you will need to apply conditioner on it quite often.

i have a full leather sofa which I bought from Lorenzo. leather tends to wrinkle and to make the wrinkle less visible, i apply conditioner to it every 2 weeks once.
Every 2 weeks is kinda ridiculous... i maintain mine once a year.. and it looks great
hushymushy
post Mar 26 2015, 08:39 PM

Regular
1,702 posts

QUOTE(RaptoR @ Mar 26 2015, 07:13 PM)
I see. Mine can be 3+2+1, just that my space for the 3 seater is quite short at 2.1m only. So that design that you got looks ideal, and i'm not a fan of the recliner style also. How much did you pay for 3 + 1? And half leather also rite?

Can use your price as comparison with 'loumou' here.  brows.gif

Thanks.
bro price was stated in my earlier post....
with the gst price around the corner....i would say good luck in ur nego.....i shall not comment further as i am just a customer

you can judge by looking at the floor tiles.....its basically 2x2 tiles....

This post has been edited by hushymushy: Mar 26 2015, 08:46 PM
RaptoR
post Mar 26 2015, 09:16 PM

Casual
351 posts

QUOTE(hushymushy @ Mar 26 2015, 08:39 PM)
bro price was stated in my earlier post....
with the gst price around the corner....i would say good luck in ur nego.....i shall not comment further as i am just a customer

you can judge by looking at the floor tiles.....its basically 2x2 tiles....
Got it! Anyway, i've decided not to rush to buy pre-gst for Sofa. Realized that have to test and try and feel more comfortable before making the purchase. Was also advised by another helpful forummer to check out Omega sofa - they're based in penang but have on display during exhibition fair. I may just make a weekend trip to penang to eat and at the same time check out his company and omega's.

hushymushy
post Mar 26 2015, 09:23 PM

Regular
1,702 posts

QUOTE(RaptoR @ Mar 26 2015, 09:16 PM)
Got it! Anyway, i've decided not to rush to buy pre-gst for Sofa. Realized that have to test and try and feel more comfortable before making the purchase. Was also advised by another helpful forummer to check out Omega sofa - they're based in penang but have on display during exhibition fair. I may just make a weekend trip to penang to eat and at the same time check out his company and omega's.
good luck in hunting for your sofa.....
i'm very happy with the one i ordered......
tested many many times at my aunt's house....

TSfaytleingod
post Mar 28 2015, 03:50 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

Think finally will get this Moroso half cow leather 123 sofa for RM5600 after much negotiation... Very comfort...they say this moroso brand is design from Italy..😅

Will try to post a picture soon.. smile.gif

Thx everyone for the sharing of knowledge.
hushymushy
post Mar 28 2015, 06:22 PM

Regular
1,702 posts

QUOTE(faytleingod @ Mar 28 2015, 03:50 PM)
Think finally will get this Moroso half cow leather 123 sofa for RM5600 after much negotiation... Very comfort...they say this moroso brand is design from Italy..😅

Will try to post a picture soon.. smile.gif

Thx everyone for the sharing of knowledge.
great to hear you found your nice sofa....

please post some pix when you get it yea!!!!
alextanck84
post Apr 4 2015, 04:04 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

Still see many people do not know how to see good leather/real leather...don't trust salesman too much..casa leather is like bonded leather..by the way, real leather does not stick to your skin if you sweat..those are all embossed leather..
pikkidok
post Jun 28 2017, 04:23 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

Actually what the heck is casa leather?
Cow leather comes from cow. Casa leather from where??
ngaisteve1
post Aug 19 2017, 11:44 PM

Software Engineer
6,779 posts

Went to Viva Home today. The guys at Ground Floor sell at a full leather at RM3999. Too good to be true?

@alextanck84, how to check whether the cow leather is embossed leather or real leather?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0213sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:10 PM