Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Is it risky to quit your job and do business, when youre married and got personal loan

views

TSEncik Aduka
post Mar 25 2015, 08:49 AM

Getting Started
109 posts

QUOTE(kamikraze @ Mar 25 2015, 08:37 AM)
Then, decide either, you can start small and learn from it. Or go big and live with it. Nothing best than self-experience, the thing nobody can teach. Well seminar is where you know people, successful people tend to join seminar frequently, series by series. Coz you will never always meet the same person everytime.
Can u recommend me good seminar? I saw many business seminar out there but don't know which one is worth my time and money. Kota Kinabalu area

I will be more than thankful if you share good books to read about business or motivational.

This post has been edited by Encik Aduka: Mar 25 2015, 08:49 AM
Bonescythe
post Mar 25 2015, 08:56 AM

One Quarter In...
28,187 posts

QUOTE(Encik Aduka @ Mar 25 2015, 07:40 AM)
LOL i'm afraid he couldn't  tongue.gif

I am now reading about investing, want to follow u richman  biggrin.gif
dun follow me la..
sell cake is better really..
at least u wont get heart attack from selling cakes
TSEncik Aduka
post Mar 25 2015, 09:32 AM

Getting Started
109 posts

QUOTE(Bonescythe @ Mar 25 2015, 08:56 AM)
dun follow me la..
sell cake is better really..
at least u wont get heart attack from selling cakes
ohmy.gif

But u seems have a lot of successful trade.
ah_suknat
post Mar 25 2015, 10:05 AM

whoooooooooooooop
5,170 posts

QUOTE(Encik Aduka @ Mar 24 2015, 11:47 PM)
I don't think i can reapply my job if i quit (but never tried before  tongue.gif ), but i think i can apply any job in the same field.
Thanks bro, i used to sell my cakes in Kundasang too. 40 pcs in less than 1 hour. True story
oh so you are also from Sabah...my dad is now selling stuff and gadgets in tamu along kundasang , Ranau, tambunan, and telupid, you might saw him before if you are selling at tamu ground smile.gif
kamikraze
post Mar 25 2015, 10:26 AM

Iphone 12 Pro Max + Magicwatch 2
6,391 posts

QUOTE(Encik Aduka @ Mar 25 2015, 08:49 AM)
Can u recommend me good seminar? I saw many business seminar out there but don't know which one is worth my time and money. Kota Kinabalu area

I will be more than thankful if you share good books to read about business or motivational.
What kind of seminar you seek? At least, your expectation of it.
TSEncik Aduka
post Mar 25 2015, 11:34 AM

Getting Started
109 posts

QUOTE(ah_suknat @ Mar 25 2015, 10:05 AM)
oh so you are also from Sabah...my dad is now selling stuff and gadgets in tamu along kundasang ,  Ranau, tambunan, and telupid, you might saw him before if you are selling at tamu ground smile.gif
Ya, i'm from sabah as well. There are my first time selling there (kundasang), which my wife planned to go there for vacation. Wah, next time when i go there, i should visit your dad rclxms.gif rclxms.gif thumbup.gif
TSEncik Aduka
post Mar 25 2015, 11:36 AM

Getting Started
109 posts

QUOTE(kamikraze @ Mar 25 2015, 10:26 AM)
What kind of seminar you seek? At least, your expectation of it.
Marketing strategy, or motivational, something like that. Got any?
My expectation is during the seminar, he's going to tell the participant where and how to get cheap materials, how to market, who to pursue to gain huge market. Like tips and tricks biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Encik Aduka: Mar 25 2015, 11:39 AM
ah_suknat
post Mar 25 2015, 12:07 PM

whoooooooooooooop
5,170 posts

QUOTE(Encik Aduka @ Mar 25 2015, 03:36 AM)
My expectation is during the seminar, he's going to tell the participant where and how to get cheap materials, how to market, who to pursue to gain huge market. Like tips and tricks  biggrin.gif
well think about it. they are supposed to teach you how to do marketing, but at the same time they are not even able to market themselve to you who is their potential customers, hence you might want to re-think whether their marketing strategy course is effective or not tongue.gif

but you can usually find those seminars advertised on roadside banners or FB
TSEncik Aduka
post Mar 25 2015, 12:28 PM

Getting Started
109 posts

QUOTE(ah_suknat @ Mar 25 2015, 12:07 PM)
well think about it. they are supposed to teach you how to do marketing, but at the same time they are not even able to market themselve to you who is their potential customers, hence you might want to re-think whether their marketing strategy course is effective or not  tongue.gif

but you can usually find those seminars advertised on roadside banners or FB
Hahahaha make sense.

Many times when I asked friends about my business, most of them said that my business situation has slim chances to grow, because i'm just acting as a middle man (salesman), not a baker (i don't even know how to bake cake). But what i am trying to do now is to save targeted amount of money, exit and shift to other business soon. Like saving for business capital. I was thinking about to start clothing business when the capital is ready. How do you think?

That is why i think that quitting my job now is abit risky
ftan
post Mar 25 2015, 12:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,473 posts

QUOTE(Encik Aduka @ Mar 25 2015, 08:39 AM)
Where place? Believe me, it is very very nice with affordable price rclxms.gif
Ya, i think i am going to wait till GST and analyze my selling trend. Just in case the trend is declining, i need to find myself a new strategy
Subang. smile.gif

Is your business based in East Malaysia?

TSEncik Aduka
post Mar 25 2015, 12:36 PM

Getting Started
109 posts

QUOTE(ftan @ Mar 25 2015, 12:31 PM)
Subang. smile.gif

Is your business based in East Malaysia?
Wow so far tongue.gif
Ya, based in Kota Kinabalu. If you're near, i will surely come to your place give you try.
The taste is like this thumbup.gif
ah_suknat
post Mar 25 2015, 01:27 PM

whoooooooooooooop
5,170 posts

QUOTE(Encik Aduka @ Mar 25 2015, 04:28 AM)
Hahahaha make sense.

Many times when I asked friends about my business, most of them said that my business situation has slim chances to grow, because i'm just acting as a middle man (salesman), not a baker (i don't even know how to bake cake). But what i am trying to do now is to save targeted amount of money, exit and shift to other business soon. Like saving for business capital. I was thinking about to start clothing business when the capital is ready. How do you think?

That is why i think that quitting my job now is abit risky
are your friends been into business themselve?

I was once a producer, which in your context similar to being a baker, and I too have to rely on middleman to market and sell my products, because I need to spend a considerable amount of time to produce my products.

my point is, you cant be one size fits all, producer need middleman/distributor as much as distributor need producer.
unless you can micro manage stuff and have 2 separate division in your company that doing the production and distribution.

think of the relationship between the vegetables farmers in kundasang and the middleman who drive their lorry all the way to kundasang from all around Sabah then to distribute those veges to their respective area.

the way you can grow is to expand within your niche, who are you distributing your product to currently? what else do they need? can you find another producer that you can sell their products to your current customers?

I dont know about clothing business but if you try to search in mudah, there are alot of boutiques business for sell. its too easy to duplicate such type of business any tom and harry asal ada duit can do, at the end of the day all compete in price, cant cover expenses then have to close shop.

I saw in your past thread about buying a plot of land in membakut, hows that going?

This post has been edited by ah_suknat: Mar 25 2015, 01:36 PM
kamikraze
post Mar 25 2015, 03:32 PM

6,391 posts

QUOTE(Encik Aduka @ Mar 25 2015, 11:36 AM)
My expectation is during the seminar, he's going to tell the participant where and how to get cheap materials, how to market, who to pursue to gain huge market. Like tips and tricks  biggrin.gif
There are plenty around here on Peninsular. Over there I'm not sure. The best is you go seek successful company and begin to join-venture or get some MOU with them. To share their recipe to success. You don't necessary copy whole thing, but get the concept and apply on your own.

What kind of seminar you attended before?
TSEncik Aduka
post Mar 26 2015, 02:45 PM

Getting Started
109 posts

QUOTE(ah_suknat @ Mar 25 2015, 01:27 PM)
are your friends been into business themselve?

I was once a producer, which in your context similar to being a baker, and I too have to rely on middleman to market and sell my products, because I need to spend a considerable amount of time to produce my products.

my point is, you cant be one size fits all, producer need middleman/distributor as much as distributor need producer.
unless you can micro manage stuff and have 2 separate division in your company that doing the production and distribution.

think of the relationship between the vegetables farmers in kundasang and the middleman who drive their lorry all the way to kundasang from all around Sabah then to distribute those veges to their respective area.

the way you can grow is to expand within your niche, who are you distributing your product to currently? what else do they need? can you find another producer that you can sell their products to your current customers?

I dont know about clothing business but if you try to search in mudah, there are alot of boutiques business for sell. its too easy to duplicate such type of business any tom and harry asal ada duit can do, at the end of the day all compete in price, cant cover expenses then have to close shop.

I saw in your past thread about buying a plot of land in membakut, hows that going?
Yes they're friends that i met while selling. They said,since my product is perishable, it needs special care to keep. Due to that, my market are going to be small unless i invest more on packaging and transportation which for me, make sense. I talked this to my producer, about the large potential of investing in that, but she seems afraid of costing and many other risk.

Good advice about to find another producer, i was thinking about that too but until now, i haven't found any offer that suits me. I tried few other things to sell to my existing customer but the feedback is below average.

Clothing business in KK quite slow, but what makes me excited is i just found a new method of selling online by providing drop-ship. My friend do that in KL, monthly turnover is RM15k. But since he's near to his supplier, he got the cost reduced to minimum. No warehouse needed, if there's any order, after collecting order, he just walk to his nearby supplier the next day and take the item and posted it. I thought he's one of /k but not really active nowadays.

I didn't buy it, the seller raise the price to the level that anyone would think twice laugh.gif

TSEncik Aduka
post Mar 26 2015, 03:16 PM

Getting Started
109 posts

QUOTE(kamikraze @ Mar 25 2015, 03:32 PM)
There are plenty around here on Peninsular. Over there I'm not sure. The best is you go seek successful company and begin to join-venture or get some MOU with them. To share their recipe to success. You don't necessary copy whole thing, but get the concept and apply on your own.

What kind of seminar you attended before?
I went to two different seminar.

1) Superbexcel - One on one coaching about how to write business plan and how to pitch in order to win gov grant. The coach is not a businessman, which i think doesn't help much. I asked him many question regarding my cake business. From the way he answered my question, i can assume that he never played the field himself.

2) Score A - They hanged nice colorful banner and wrote the title as 'borneo entrepreneur seminar' (something like that) and charge RM50 per person. I signed up with a happy heart because i can afford the fee. But there ain't no such thing as a free lunch, I ended up hearing to an education MLM business with lots of funny dance inside. Creative Dreams International something...it pissed me off and i get myself out of there after a few minutes.

JAIDK23
post Mar 26 2015, 05:43 PM

DISTRO EMPIRE
479 posts

QUOTE(Encik Aduka @ Mar 24 2015, 12:23 PM)
What do you think guys? Anyone got experience? Just for knowledge
start small..if possible do not quitting yr permanent job.. until u manage to get double of what u earn from your permanent job.

i’ve done that.. quit within 2 month after start the business.

2 years and counting.. icon_rolleyes.gif

good luck m8 thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by JAIDK23: Mar 26 2015, 05:44 PM
ah_suknat
post Mar 26 2015, 09:29 PM

whoooooooooooooop
5,170 posts

QUOTE(Encik Aduka @ Mar 26 2015, 06:45 AM)
Yes they're friends that i met while selling. They said,since my product is perishable, it needs special care to keep. Due to that, my market are going to be small unless i invest more on packaging and transportation which for me, make sense. I talked this to my producer, about the large potential of investing in that, but she seems afraid of costing and many other risk.

Good advice about to find another producer, i was thinking about that too but until now, i haven't found any offer that suits me. I tried few other things to sell to my existing customer but the feedback is below average.

Clothing business in KK quite slow, but what makes me excited is i just found a new method of selling online by providing drop-ship. My friend do that in KL, monthly turnover is RM15k. But since he's near to his supplier, he got the cost reduced to minimum. No warehouse needed, if there's any order, after collecting order, he just walk to his nearby supplier the next day and take the item and posted it. I thought he's one of /k but not really active nowadays.

I didn't buy it, the seller raise the price to the level that anyone would think twice laugh.gif
bro, you cant compare the sales here and the sales in peninsular. in peninsular, there are 11 states, here in east malaysia, there are only 2 states, and the spending power from the east is much smaller than the spending power in peninsular. unless you are doing all over Malaysia, but if your supplier is in Sabah, then you have to factor in the shipping fees to peninsular.

If you are insisting on doing it, I advice you not to throw money on keeping stock, my friends once open clothing business in Citymall, closed within 2 years and rugi.

I too thought about doing dropshipping, but not just clothing but everything that is available on the net and sell them to offline customers, as you know Sabahan Sarawakian many are still internet illeterate. If you dont mind we can discuss in PM.

kamikraze
post Mar 27 2015, 01:10 AM

6,391 posts

QUOTE(Encik Aduka @ Mar 26 2015, 03:16 PM)
I went to two different seminar.

1) Superbexcel - One on one coaching about how to write business plan and how to pitch in order to win gov grant. The coach is not a businessman, which i think doesn't help much. I asked him many question regarding my cake business. From the way he answered my question, i can assume that he never played the field himself.

2) Score A - They hanged nice colorful banner and wrote the title as 'borneo entrepreneur seminar' (something like that) and charge RM50 per person. I signed up with a happy heart because i can afford the fee. But there ain't no such thing as a free lunch, I ended up hearing to an education MLM business with lots of funny dance inside. Creative Dreams International something...it pissed me off and i get myself out of there after a few minutes.
you should hang on at flyingspaghettimonster forum.. over there mostly business minded people, if u seek cake type of business.. I know few people that improve from home base into cake cafe, somewhere in Kuantan.

They begin their dream motivation at Dr Azizan Osman Seminar.. there are plenty core coaching base on your idea.. I went to their Bursa investment.. cost rm2.5k..and it's worth it..
TSEncik Aduka
post Mar 27 2015, 10:47 AM

Getting Started
109 posts

QUOTE(JAIDK23 @ Mar 26 2015, 05:43 PM)
start small..if possible do not quitting yr permanent job.. until u manage to get double of what u earn from your permanent job.

i’ve done that.. quit within 2 month after start the business.

2 years and counting.. icon_rolleyes.gif

good luck m8 thumbup.gif
rclxms.gif

Are you also into the same type of business as mine, i mean foods?

Few months ago, i tried to put my cake into store by consignment for 1 month (first time trying the method of OPT, with hope to see some impact in sales. I didn't do quantitative research or tracking the trend. I might be wrong, but from what i experience, not only it gives me stock surpluses at the end of the day, but few overhead cost such as car fuel increased, selling time (important for me) in a mess because i need to distribute my goods to 5 different store which located along the way to my usual selling places (It took more than half an hour). Not to mention bad cash flow management as part of the bad outcome.

Such problem persist because i want my cakes to sold within a day or else, it'll affect the quality. As i got a lot of loyal customers, i don't wanna spoil the relationship.

Have you ever regret your decision to resign? I really wanted to know the pressure, or joy. Share me some, mate notworthy.gif

Advise me about marketing thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

TSEncik Aduka
post Mar 27 2015, 10:48 AM

Getting Started
109 posts

QUOTE(ah_suknat @ Mar 26 2015, 09:29 PM)
bro, you cant compare the sales here and the sales in peninsular. in peninsular, there are 11 states, here in east malaysia, there are only 2 states, and the spending power from the east is much smaller than the spending power in peninsular. unless you are doing all over Malaysia, but if your supplier is in Sabah, then you have to factor in the shipping fees to peninsular.

If you are insisting on doing it, I advice you not to throw money on keeping stock, my friends once open clothing business in Citymall, closed within 2 years and rugi.

I too thought about doing dropshipping, but not just clothing but everything that is available on the net and sell them to offline customers, as you know Sabahan Sarawakian many  are still internet illeterate. If you dont mind we can discuss in PM.
i'll PM u, can't wait for it rclxms.gif rclxms.gif

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0159sec    0.41    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:22 PM