Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

full cream milk or almond milk suitable for baby?

views

TSkaif14
post Mar 22 2015, 10:15 PM, updated 10y ago

Getting Started
87 posts

Hi

I have 10 month old daughter. and i have try to change from breastmilk to formula milk for her. (Personal reason, dont judge) but she just refuse FM.. i have tried so many brand and she rather be hungry than drink FM.

I was thinking to introduce full cream milk (for eg Dutch lady ) or maybe almond milk for her.

Is it advisable?

Or anyone could give any tips for me on methods of releasing my baby from breastmilk.

Thank you
serdangonline
post Mar 22 2015, 10:24 PM

Getting Started
135 posts

10 months fully breast milk? U should start early to give formula milk. Maybe alternate. She will reject because already too long stick to breast milk.
az89
post Mar 22 2015, 10:25 PM

4 posts

You have to stay away from her. She recognize your smell, sure she want breast milk.

When my baby stay with my wife, she refuse formula milk, don't want to suck bottle, try to spoon feed her, sure spit it out.

When with me or babysitter she somehow will drink the formula milk. Later sent her to mother in law for a month plus, she drink formula milk. See my wife again, refuse breast milk.

Had to stop breast milk coz my wife working, at least she succeed given her 6 month breast milk.
TSkaif14
post Mar 22 2015, 10:25 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(serdangonline @ Mar 22 2015, 10:24 PM)
10 months fully breast milk? U should start early to give formula milk. Maybe alternate. She will reject because already too long stick to breast milk.
Yupp .. 10 month fully bf.. im trying to give her FM.. aiyooo she just reject... how to alternate..
TSkaif14
post Mar 22 2015, 10:27 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(az89 @ Mar 22 2015, 10:25 PM)
You have to stay away from her. She recognize your smell, sure she want breast milk.

When my baby stay with my wife, she refuse formula milk, don't want to suck bottle, try to spoon feed her, sure spit it out.

When with me or babysitter she somehow will drink the formula milk. Later sent her to mother in law for a month plus, she drink formula milk. See my wife again, refuse breast milk.

Had to stop breast milk coz my wife working, at least she succeed given her 6 month breast milk.
currently im doing business from home.. so im kinda stay at home mom and definitely there is no strong reason to send her to my mom or nursery.. its a bit tricky
SUSsupersound
post Mar 23 2015, 06:56 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

Since you are working from home, just continue to BF.
If now you start giving her FM, it will have some problems, like getting cough easily. All FM in the market are very sweet.
And don't simply give almond products.

This post has been edited by supersound: Mar 23 2015, 06:57 PM
TSkaif14
post Mar 24 2015, 04:19 AM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Mar 23 2015, 06:56 PM)
Since you are working from home, just continue to BF.
If now you start giving her FM, it will have some problems, like getting cough easily. All FM in the market are very sweet.
And don't simply give almond products.
hi

i have some personal reason on why i decided to stop BF, i understand with almond milk, the risk of allergy is high.

if possible any tips u can share on how can i train my daughter to let go of BF?

Thank you
SUSsupersound
post Mar 24 2015, 04:37 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(kaif14 @ Mar 24 2015, 04:19 AM)
hi

i have some personal reason on why i decided to stop BF, i understand with almond milk, the risk of allergy is high.

if possible any tips u can share on how can i train my daughter to let go of BF?

Thank you
Let other people to feed her like others said.
Another way is, use breast pump to pump, so you can skip the bf direct.
esaykay
post Sep 14 2015, 10:12 AM

19 posts

Been told that better sometimes to just feed the milk with a sippy cup / proper cup rather than the baby milk bottle that has a teat. That way the kid doesnt see it as you trying to replace. By introducing this way, may be easier? Also, avoid almond milk at this stage - may be gassy and cause your kid to feel bloated. And lots of almonds are from US these days so high risk of GM food with all those chemicals and pesticides being introduced. Have you looked into fresh organic goat's milk? It's low allergenic and better than cow's milk. I have a friend who takes it an it improved her complexion, hair and nail health dramatically. Also know someone who adopted a baby and started her on goat's milk from small. Just had to dilute in the beginning as would have been to strong/heavy to give neat. That was based on the advise of the naturopath (fully qualified doctor).

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0141sec    0.49    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:54 PM