Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

We should start multiple change.org campaigns., NEED DETAILED SUGGESTIONS

views

TSngbeslhang
post Mar 22 2015, 01:39 AM, updated 10y ago

Getting Started
77 posts

The title says all. Anyway, to mods, if you think this topic is in the inappropriate forum, please just move it and don't delete it, thanks.
I know this will be mainly about internet more than most others first, but we can improve it, right?

NOTE: Of course the quality of the content are not good for change.org (not formal enough, that is), this is just a suggestion/planning topic so suggest whatever you can think of that will actually improve Malaysia itself. (Don't talk about 1M Programs, that's all)

We all know that Malaysia is bad in some places, like Internet (obviously), politics, laws etc. But I still have hope in Malaysia. So I think of starting multiple campaigns and hope that it will get into news.

So here are my suggestions (will add based on suggestions).

INTERNET (Err, mkay) (Targeting MCMC (or whatever department that can add laws about Internet and Service), TM and various other ISPs in Malaysia)

We all know that Malaysia's ISPs (stands for "Internet Service Providers") provide one of the worst price-per-bandwidth ratio in the World. Actually, I even did a research yesterday, albeit not really complete:

Malaysia Average Price-per-Bandwidth Comparasion | HOME INTERNET
Singapore Average Price-per-Bandwidth Comparasion | HOME INTERNET
(you can comment to suggest, maybe if some of you can help me add more countries and adding mobile internet service comparasion via Google Sheets...)

As you can read in the links, Malaysia's bandwidth is approx. 10 times more expensive compared to other countries. This cause other services based on Internet/bandwidth to be more expensive compared to other countries. (Web hosting, VPN etc.)

These are my suggestions below (just my 2 sen):

1. Price
(A) Based on the intro above, I found that RM1 per 1Mbps MAX to be optimal for customers, and RM3/4/5 per 1Mbps MAX to be optimal for both customers and the ISPs. I am not really good at it so do suggest what should I do with it. (Must be below RM10, that is)

2. Bandwidth
(A) Based on 1, all ISPs should either provide more bandwidth to make their packages satisfy the requirements in 1, or make their price lower to satisfy 1.

3. Coverage
(A) We all know that TM have the best home internet coverage in Malaysia, yet they don't even bother to open it to other ISPs for free at all and they don't even bother to upgrade their lines. We should force all ISPs to open their lines to other ISPs for free/with low cost and they should not restrict it for their own use. (Yes I know TM have Maxis as well as some other mobile carriers access to their lines but I am talking about home internet)

(B) Yes, I know it's easy for Singapore to have almost 100% of the land to have fiber optics installed and hard for Malaysia due to how big is it compared to Singapore. But all owners of the lines must place fiber optics on their existing copper lines ASAP. (Actually my town somehow have Celcom's fiber optics installed but since they still don't have home Internet package yet, it renders the fiber useless until they decide to release their home Internet packages. That's when 3(A) comes in useful)

OTHERS (Suggestions please)
These below are actually good for us, but some of them are closed. Perhaps we should restart those campaigns?

https://www.change.org/p/stop-malaysia-s-ba...g-rid-of-strays
https://www.change.org/p/abolish-death-penalty-in-malaysia <- THIS, ESPECIALLY CONSIDER THAT MALAYSIA HAVE AN EXTREMELY RIDICULOUS RECREATIONAL DRUGS LAW.
https://www.change.org/p/the-government-of-...dom-in-malaysia <- We all know that racism is one of the main problems that affect the country's development. I mean see THIS. (EDIT: Maybe it's not really that racist... I apologise for not reading the topic first)

Hope that there will be good suggestions, thanks. smile.gif

EDIT: Please correct me if there is something wrong, thanks.

This post has been edited by ngbeslhang: Mar 22 2015, 01:43 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0142sec    0.08    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:34 AM