4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Perfumes for Guys v4, Discussion anything about fragrance

views

whitey87
post Oct 24 2016, 09:57 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

Hi all fragheads...my first posting here after being a silent avid follower for soooo long. So jealous of all d sifus here esp t0n3, kahyeec and few others enjoying all those niche and hard to find perfumes :-)

A short intro....I would consider myself an amateur but have been using all sorts of fragrances since teen in the 80s. My first upmarket designer frag was Dior Eau Sauvage and my last one bought last week was Davidoff Leather Blend and Zegna Indonesian Oud.

Hoping to learn lots more from all here....tq guys for all the wonderful inputs and comments here.

btw I have one order otw from fragX...processed just before they impose the VAT of 20%. Most of my latest purchases are from them.

This post has been edited by whitey87: Oct 24 2016, 10:00 PM
whitey87
post Oct 26 2016, 12:53 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

Good afternoon all....a cool morning to start the day so wanted to wear something floral since we shouldn't be limited to gender specific perfumes IMO. My Armaf Club de Nuit Intense is the choice today.....a heady blast of patchouli and rose in the vein of TF Noir de Noir. And i must say its almost similar to it as well during its drydown. Smelled TF NdN a few times and as far as I can remember its a very close clone.

SOTD

Attached Image
whitey87
post Oct 26 2016, 10:27 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(kahyeec @ Oct 26 2016, 03:02 PM)
Haha bro. I let my malay colleague smell this Armaf Club De Nuit intense for women , they say smell like mintak Attar . Dont know if its compliment or not.

As for armaf Club De Nuit Intense for Men , smokers like it, and they say quite suitable for evening prayers. Sold one bottle to my colleague on his way to masjid in the evening. One thing in common is that everyone who try this have to get back to me the next day to say they liked it , because it is the dry down after an hour or half an hour that hooked them .

As for GIT clone that is Armaf Tres Nuit , it is just marvellous and really can replace GIT for me. I have a decant and the bottle of GIT from bro izam and all i can say is they are really close.
Minyak Attar can be very diverse in smell....from truly oudy to floral to fresh smelling. Mayb ur fren has been only exposed to a certain kind of minyak attar hehehe.

As for Armaf Club de Nuit Intense for Men, I not smelled the this male version but I am sure you know why they ( ur frens ) like it....its a cheap and quite accurate clone of Creed Aventus according to reviews:-). For me I keep my Aventus only for special occasion and use Afnan Supremacy instead for normal daily wear. And i fully agree with u on ur Tres Nuit being very similar to GIT...really close them two with Tres Nuit maybe slightly softer to my nose compared to GIT.

Today went to Isetan KLCC and sampled Xerjoff Nio and..........I WANT ONE !!!! Wowwww wowww wowww!! The longest lasting citrus i have ever sampled....have been smelling my hand (and still smelling my hand) every 10 minutes and it has been 7 hrs since sprayed. But alas the price is too high...someday maybe we will be united my Nio :-)

Also sampled Jovoy Private Label...another marvellous and "not so expensive" parfum, a woody vetiver and leather smell still going strong on my other hand.
whitey87
post Oct 27 2016, 11:41 AM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(kahyeec @ Oct 27 2016, 07:25 AM)
did you drop by Louis Vuitton to see if they stocked their new perfume yet? I know LV Singapore has it but not sure if Kuala Lumpur have it.
If they do I might make a short trip to KL to satisfy my Jogoya cravings and give them a smell . Christmas is coming so a lot of set deals and buy 1 get next at 50% off deal will be showing up , not for LV but maybe other brands.

Parkson from today till this sunday have RM80 coupon for every RM350 spend. Maybe i will get a bottle of Versace Dylan Blue just for fun.
The tester at Sephora The Spring was emptied in just a few days haha, and their 100ml bottles is almost sold out. Must be a money maker for Versace.
Nope....that was like 3 or 4 weeks ago i checked at LV KLCC. Hope someone can update you with the latest or if I go to KLCC today or tomorrow will drop by and look see :-)

Update on the Jovoy Private Label and Xerjoff Nio : Woke up this morning and there is still a faint smell of both

QUOTE(maxtorxxx @ Oct 27 2016, 10:46 AM)
How much does Xerjoff Nio costs now?
Its RM780 for 50ml....a very good price compared to online and overseas pricing. Isetan KLCC has no stock but their store ( Fragrance du Bois ) in Starhill still have. Buy and decant perhaps?
whitey87
post Oct 28 2016, 10:55 AM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(Shinka @ Oct 26 2016, 11:10 PM)
Hey all, has anyone tried Dior Homme Cologne?

The one in the frosted bottle.

Any verdict or whether it's good?
For similar vibe from the house of Dior maybe you would want to checkout Dior Homme instead for longer longevity.

This post has been edited by whitey87: Oct 28 2016, 10:56 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
whitey87
post Oct 28 2016, 10:53 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(poweredbydiscuz @ Oct 28 2016, 07:45 PM)
To my nose, DHC and DH has nothing in common...
oppsss my bad.....forgot that TS was referring to DHC in frosted bottle ( latest ). The older/original DHC to my nose does have the "iris" trademark :-)
whitey87
post Nov 4 2016, 12:57 AM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(t0n3 @ Nov 1 2016, 04:49 PM)
I happen to be wearing it today. Doesn't even smell remotely similar to the original Colonia. The Essenza is a neroli bomb. If the original is a casual day-time scent, the Essenza is for a smart casual evening out. Performance is quite good for an EdC by the way.
user posted image
Couldn't agree more with you. This is indeed a neroli bomb with citrus hiding in there somewhere. Bought a big bottle from the ADP boutique in Rome's Spanish Steps after the smart gentlemen serving me gave me a complimentary shave and facial within the store....yes they have a classy looking "barbershop" setting at the back of the store biggrin.gif

QUOTE(maxtorxxx @ Nov 1 2016, 05:33 PM)
What do u think about Colonia Oud
Had the original version bottle ( Colonia Intensa Oud ) before they rename it to just Colonia Oud since 2012. Bought while they were doing a promo in Parkson Pavillion....I was coming up the escalator and this wonderful smell can be detected from the floor below. This fresh citrusy oud is my first foray into western oud perfumes. A wonderful and intoxicating smell IMO quite different from the more common rose/oud combo like Zegna's Indonesian Oud and Dior's Oud Isphahan acquired after this ADP

This post has been edited by whitey87: Nov 4 2016, 12:58 AM
whitey87
post Nov 4 2016, 04:38 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

Today am wearing Ghroob, a perfume oil from Arabian Oud. The bottle itself is encased in this somewhat "gothic" or "arabesque" metal casing. A floral oriental smell with Oud which opens with orange blossom. Kafkaesque did a review of this 2 years ago...

http://www.kafkaesqueblog.com/tag/ghoroob/

Attached Image
whitey87
post Nov 4 2016, 07:50 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(kahyeec @ Nov 4 2016, 07:09 PM)
Hi again guys , noticed now Fragrence X is still charging VAT but have been reduced to around 5% of the purchase price , which is substantial as compared to nearly 20% a week ago. Now can sound the all clear and proceed to purchase as usual liao.  rclxms.gif
yeayyyy.....lucky I postpone a purchase. I prefer to order max 3 bottles now and shipped thru USPS since its "always' gets thru without much hassle c/w DHL
whitey87
post Nov 6 2016, 11:08 AM

Getting Started
64 posts

Bought Chanel Allure Edition Blanche during the long Deepavali weekend at a super duper nett price from Parkson... RM375 and I got a RM80 voucher. So nett price is ONLY RM295 :-)

A woody citrus masterpiece by Jaques Polgue....fresh opening hours with lovely tonka and sandalwood drydown. Lovely.

SOTD

Attached Image

This post has been edited by whitey87: Nov 6 2016, 11:09 AM
whitey87
post Nov 11 2016, 02:23 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(maxtorxxx @ Nov 11 2016, 10:59 AM)
Hi folks

How do we get our item if it's detained by some Bahahian Farmasi?
Happened to me last year once. It's a real hassle :

1. Had to bring the perfumes to their office somewhere in Kargo area for inspection and explanation.
2. Write an appeal letter stating purpose of shipment
3. Wait for approval

hope urs gets thru without much hassle.

This post has been edited by whitey87: Nov 11 2016, 02:23 PM
whitey87
post Nov 11 2016, 09:41 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(maxtorxxx @ Nov 11 2016, 03:58 PM)
How long does it take?
If i remember correctly it took all of 2 weeks for them to release....with the complimentary warning letter :-p

QUOTE(edwardleong @ Nov 11 2016, 06:39 PM)
Nice and wise choice here.. i got mine last year from fdb 30% sales lol

I suggest bite the bullet and get it. They can give you 10% at starhill

Poison u sikit

[attachmentid=8010004]
You are much wiser bro. @ 30% discount its a REAL wise buy hehe. In that case I might as well wait for the sale...30% off is a lot of dough.
Wahhh what a super nice Jo Malone set you managed to snag off the SA notworthy.gif
whitey87
post Nov 20 2016, 12:30 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

Waahhh...good to see quite a few of us fans of Arabian Oud. My first purchase was Kalemat ( that was before reading Kafkaesque review ), and sure enough after reading the review went to get myself Ghroob. And about 4 months a go had to buy the Kalemat Black ( Sehr Kalemat) since it was on promo @RM300 for 200ml.

Both Kalemat bought at KLCC and the Ghroob from Quill Mall
whitey87
post Nov 23 2016, 06:54 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

I do not have a bottle of any Amouage yet but have enough of the sample vials to last me a looong time :-)...and my fav of the lot is Interlude followed by Jubilation and Epic. These are really powerful juices especially Interlude which projects like a nuclear bomb ( in a good way ) hehe.

Attached Image
whitey87
post Nov 24 2016, 11:15 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(GuyzNexDoor @ Nov 23 2016, 11:33 PM)
Any good Arabic perfume/oud? Will depart for Egypt and UAE for 2 weeks this Friday, and based on itinerary, seems have quite ample time to do shopping.
Am not an expert but I have a few of so called clones that you might wanna checkout :

1. La Yuqawam by Rasasi = Tom Ford Tuscan Leather. This is a real gem IMO....very2 similar and to me the opening is nicer c/w TL
2. Afnan Supremacy Silver = Creed Aventus ( the fruity version ) cool2.gif BUT it does not last as long as Aventus
3. Armaf Tres Nuit = Creed Green Irish Tweed. A slightly softer and abit more floral IMO
4. Al-Wisam Day by Rasasi = Creed Silver Mountain Water. Used to have a bottle of this and they both smell very2 similar

Surely there are lots more that you will get your nose on so enjoy the trip and happy shopping hehe.
whitey87
post Nov 26 2016, 12:19 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(kiki20 @ Nov 26 2016, 12:54 AM)
Anyone know where can i get valentino uomo intense? Other than online shops e.g fragrancex.
Tested this at Isetan KLCC last month...and it is very nice. The opening reminds me of Dior Homme Intense and it then develops into a sweet leathery smell which lasts quite well. A more "manly" DHI in my opinion.

This post has been edited by whitey87: Nov 26 2016, 12:24 PM
whitey87
post Dec 3 2016, 01:26 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(tahfeikei @ Nov 30 2016, 10:04 AM)
hello all, do woody perfumes smell citrus-sy? i have definitely smelt some woody/leathery/smoky/powdery perfumes , when i walk past some people, and they don't smell citrus-sy.
To me there are a few that comes to mind.....Xerjoff Nio, Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche. The woody note is of cos unlike a true woody frag BUT it is there nevertheless which makes these frags super fresh and manly.
whitey87
post Dec 15 2016, 09:11 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(TAZIO.N @ Dec 15 2016, 11:00 AM)
New releases from a Malaysian perfume house.The one in the middle looks interesting..Looks like animalic theme perfume but 100%vegan ingredients.. Vegan animalic??? hmm.gif  hmm.gif
user posted image
Very interesting this....lets support our local talent. Ordered samples of these three new offerings PLUS the award winning Miyako.
whitey87
post Dec 16 2016, 07:45 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(TAZIO.N @ Dec 16 2016, 09:21 AM)
I only found out about Miyako after reading Luca Turin reviews on his now defunct blog perfumesilove. He gave Miyako 5 star notworthy.gif .

Miyako extrait used to be only USD 75 you know. Should have bought that perfumes  at that time (April 2016). blush.gif

As for Miyako,I like it.Takes several wearing to fully appreciate it since i'm not used to the notes(Osmanthus,Apricot,Leather) at that time and it's also

an oil based perfumes so I got a weird feeling first time I applied it since I was noob back then,only used to alcohol based perfumes laugh.gif
It used to be only USD75?? !! Wow how price has skyrocketed after winning the Art and Olfaction Awards 2016. Will update my noob experience with these extraits in a few days time hopefully. This will be my first Osmanthus fragrance but I guess I am more looking forward to Binturong...to bring out the animal in me perhaps lust.gif

On the subject of fakes....last week I went to Berjaya Times Square and there were quite a number of fragrance shops with salesgirls promoting their products in front. Out of curiosity went into 2 shops and I am very sure all were fakes. Tom Ford Private Collections were selling at RM250 !?? And of cos the salesgirl claims they only sell original products. Pity those customers who patronise these shops thinking they are buying authentic fragrances.

This post has been edited by whitey87: Dec 16 2016, 07:52 PM
whitey87
post Dec 18 2016, 11:40 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(kahyeec @ Dec 18 2016, 02:06 PM)
hmm... Parkson is having their RM50 + RM30 voucher weekend again. Wonder which Chanel perfume to get ... haha.
Among the designers, Chanel has one of the best price conversion if not the best IMO.

AHEB EDP perhaps ? tongue.gif

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0254sec    0.19    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:49 AM