5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Perfumes for Guys v4, Discussion anything about fragrance

views

ferros
post Jun 5 2016, 11:37 PM

Getting Started
166 posts

hi everyone...do anyone can share any affordable vertiver base fragrance out there? where i can place my nose on to try out this fragrance? cause i cant really found any vertiver base fragrance in my place that i can snifft on..camt find it in sephora...wonder how it smell like...

reason being is i heard vertiver base fragrance was suitable as a work scent..and i currently looking for it...what i had found was tf grey vertiver or guerlain vertiver, which semm to have high compliment within fragrance community....

any thoughts on this? and do someone here offer ddecant for vertiver base fragance, please pm me...i am interested to try out some before i really get my hands on it.. thanks.
ferros
post Jun 6 2016, 08:15 PM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(kahyeec @ Jun 6 2016, 06:05 PM)
http://www.fragrantica.com/notes/Vetiver-2.html

I really cannot say I know the smell of Vertiver. Nonetheless here is the list for your reference .
From what I see in the list , you can probably find the Chanel  Les Exclusifs  ones in their boutique in KLCC ,regular ones in Parksons which have Chanel counter.
Of course the most common place one is the infamous YSL Le Nuit De L'Homme . Available in Parksons and Sephoras everywhere. Please make sure the one you try is the EDT, Not Le Parfum or one of the flankers.
Dior Eau Savage Parfum and the L'occitane one is quite easy to find too.  TF grey Vertiver maybe can ask the FragBosses here to decant some for you to try. Hehe.

Anyway, good luck on your Vertiver journey .
thanks bro..I never really smel vertiver before...but I do have la nuit d'homme 2012 batch..really like the scent but dunno it contain vertiver...?? mayb need to get down to the nodes listed...hehe..
ferros
post Jun 6 2016, 10:29 PM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(edwardleong @ Jun 6 2016, 10:08 PM)
Glad to know a new upcoming frag head... yes vertiver is a very versatile scent as it has many faces ie, grassy, earthy, rooty, lemony, smoky... depending on the essence was extracted.

Let me give u a rough idea of all types of vetiver that you can find and get your nose on in KL

1. Tom Ford Grey Vetiver EDT - Edp was too old manish for me, the edt is just so versatile, grapefruit and smoky vetiver..

2. Creed Orginal Vetiver - nice citrus, orange opening and turn into woody vetiver

3. Hermessence Vetiver Tonka - Gourmand vetiver, Hazelnut tonka vetiver

4. Atelier Cologne Vetiver Fatal - Juicy plumy vetiver

5. Les Exclusif Chanel Sycomore - Raw smoky inky vetiver
Thanks bro, just started my fragrance journey, apparently was a luxurious hobby as well. Not into collecting, just wanna get some long lasting nice scent for daily usage.

Vertiver i thought was just earthy only, didn't knew that lemony/grassy also considered as vertiver scent as well.

all the fragrance u listed, i just knew Creed only. U know any other place that i can try on before brought it?

Thanks.
ferros
post Jun 7 2016, 10:32 PM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(t0n3 @ Jun 7 2016, 11:31 AM)
I see a new fraghead in the making with interests on specific note, bravo to that! Yeah, vetiver has many facets depending on how the perfumer chose to use it (either from natural or synthetic). The best way is to get your nose on vetiver essential oil from one of those home aromatherapy stores.

The following guide should fill you in :-
- http://perfumeposse.com/2013/01/14/vetiver...etiver-perfumes

One of the best vetiver scents you can consider is Encre Noire by Lalique if you're on a tight budget as it smells very similar to the more expensive Sycomore by Chanel. It's not really my favorite as a main note in a perfume but I absolutely adore Eau Sauvage Parfum by Dior which I am wearing to work today. Affordable niche quality smell with excellent performance. Though it's simple composition (bergamot, vetiver and myrrh), it smells very creamy smooth and complex.

user posted image
This fragrance i also got heard bout it, and seem like it has been came out quite some time. But i usually hesitate in brought these fragrance, as what i heard, usually designer fragrance most likely will go through some reformulation, that end up losing it original personality and performance. dry.gif
ferros
post Jun 7 2016, 10:36 PM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(marver @ Jun 7 2016, 01:13 PM)
Some nice vetiver worth explore.

- Creed Original Vetiver

- Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

- Lalique Encre Noire

- D&G Light Blue Disvover Vulcano
Here's a great one and to me,I love the 4 mention. For full blast of vetiver,Try Creed & Lalique.. Both Fragrance house brings out a diff face of Vetiver.
Well Worth it. smile.gif
Thanks bro, is the performance good? i usually hate to bring a decant bottle while hanging out, so a fragrance that was long lasting was my 1st choice. I heard D&G light blue has been reformulated and water down. It was totally different with it vintage version, not sure is it true, since both i havent smell before.

The D&G Light Blue Disvover Vulcano is it different with Normal Light Blue? I got tried out normal D&G light blue in sephora, nice scent, but not long lasting on my skin.
ferros
post Jun 28 2016, 09:57 PM

Getting Started
166 posts

Hi All,

Wanna ask all fragrance expert here, can i come into conclusion that a fragrance is genuine as long as it meet the following:
-batch code same within the box and bottle
-No any defect on the bottle itself
-Batch code can be check and found online

Reason being was i recently purchase a fragrance from a shop in one of the shopping mall.
Fragrance i brought was Dior Homme Sport.
It was damn damn darn CHEAP!!! RM 150 for any 2 fragrance, so i end up getting this Dior Homme Sport on RM 75 only.

This price got lead me to suspect it was fake, or not genuine.
The box seem like a bit different with current Dior Homme Sport packaging. Not sure is it old version.
The only downside i notice was the cap was very loose.
But i check those details/batch code it seem all fine, the fragrance was manufacture on 2011-10.

I even got test this out on my skin, it longevity was considered superb for a sport fragrance, even though i need to over apply it. But it last 8 hours ++.
The smell should be the same as per ori, i got smell the tester at Sephora once, from my nose it should be same.

So it seem like a good deal for me and is a genuine product, but since i am still new in this, so wanna get some thoughts with all guru here laugh.gif

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Thanks.

This post has been edited by ferros: Jun 28 2016, 09:58 PM
ferros
post Jun 28 2016, 10:30 PM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(Everdying @ Jun 28 2016, 10:11 PM)
well what shop did u buy it from?
anyway its coming to 5yrs old... from what i see most manufacturers start having warehouse clearance sales for stuff thats getting close to 3yrs.
so 5yrs is abit of a stretch and probably extreme clearance tongue.gif
But my understanding if a fragrance was kept good, it still in good condition even it after the fragrance expired date.
And somemore nowadays lot of frangrance get reformulated until water down, so usually ppl will tend to get the vintage version?

i didnt have a chance to test the newer version of Dior Homme sport, but i definitely like what i purchased. STill a good bargain even if not authentic drool.gif
ferros
post Aug 14 2016, 03:13 PM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(t0n3 @ Aug 12 2016, 10:31 AM)
The Aqua flanker is released this year but the original Invictus is first released in 2013. I'm sorry to say yours is most probably fake. On top of that, Paco Rabanne is not distributed under P&G. You can refer it here :-
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Proct...6_Gamble_brands

That's why I don't buy from some random online sellers except the ones I trust and stick to them. ethusis (from LYN) is one of them together with our regular fraghead bro marver as mentioned. Online sites I used are :-
- http://my.bestbuy-world.com/
- https://myen.strawberrynet.com/main.aspx
- http://www.fragrancex.com/
- http://essenza-nobile.de/
- http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/?___store=english
- http://www.theperfumeshoppe.com/Default.asp

You can also try ebay but always check the seller's rating first.

Happy shopping!
Hey bro, notice you got recommend for http://www.fragrancex.com.
Do you have any experience buying from them, can share your experience?

Got go through this website before but seem like they will shipped to Malaysia internationally.
Just wanna know is it simple and safe, i.e. just brought online and wait for the parcel to arrived?
or need to go through those messy procedure when the parcel arrived to Malaysia, ie. get hold by those authority and then need to write letter/pay those tax to let go.

Got heard lot of buyer who brought fragrance from oversea having this experience before.
Thanks in advance.

ferros
post May 29 2017, 05:38 PM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(Blue_Blood @ May 28 2017, 11:36 PM)
He so obses with the dior sauvage. Does it really compliment magnet? I have miniature for it but honestly girls more prefer for la nuit de lhomme.
I personally don't like Dior sauvage even though lot of hype among frag community...
ferros
post Jul 29 2017, 04:16 PM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(owentzy @ Jul 9 2017, 06:58 PM)
Guys, anyone know where can I get Prada L'homme in Malaysia?
I once sniffed it in isetan klcc..
ferros
post Oct 13 2017, 09:37 AM

Getting Started
166 posts

Is it more cheaper to get perfume in Singapore compare to Malaysia? I mean after the conversion rate more cheaper than buy from Malaysia?

I once pass by Singapore China town and notice few store selling perfumes, do someone know is it authentic or not?
ferros
post Jul 28 2018, 02:37 PM

Getting Started
166 posts

Initially is to get myself a bottle of Channel Edition Blanch, but end up approach by Dior sales representative to their exclusive line. sweat.gif

My first Dior exclusive line in my collection...Gris Dior, previously as Gris Montaigne.

user posted image

user posted image

Though the sense is feminism, but like the rose and woody nodes.
Who cares whether this feel feminism as long as i like it rclxms.gif

Get a free gift on the new Dior exclusive Jasmin Des Anges, the Jsamine node smell so natural, definitely will be in my next buy:P tongue.gif

user posted image

Tried the Dior new Lucky and Happy Hour, both also good.
Too bad no extra budget to get it.

ferros
post Jul 29 2018, 06:19 PM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(attacusatlas @ Jul 28 2018, 04:43 PM)
May I please know where did you procure this?
Brought this in Singapore changi airport, not sure in Malaysia got or not.
ferros
post Jul 29 2018, 06:20 PM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Jul 29 2018, 05:44 PM)
I think since Dior discon that range in Malaysia, only way to get it now is either Singapore / Thailand closest.
Mean can't find this dior exclusive line in Malaysia?
ferros
post Jul 30 2018, 08:39 AM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Jul 29 2018, 10:25 PM)
It's no longer carried by Dior in Malaysia due to horrible sales number.
Shit, that bad news, mean I can't get this in Malaysia..
but definitely understand, I brought this just 2XX++ sgd, for Sgd still consider affordable, but for myr, that was not a price everyone can afford..

Suddenly feel so sad to Malaysian..Most niche and exclusive line not available.. doh.gif

This post has been edited by ferros: Jul 30 2018, 08:41 AM
ferros
post Jul 30 2018, 08:45 AM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(locozz03 @ Jul 29 2018, 03:32 PM)
Hello guys, i'm still new in fragrance world but i have started collecting few bottles including niche. I would like to check if Luxury Perfume Malaysia - http://www.luxuryperfumemalaysia.com selling authentic stuffs? They have 2 outlets - Kencana Wholesale and another one in Ara Damansara. Been to their Kencana store once and they have huge range mostly designers brand. You can find few rare/niche brand too. Bought couple of sample vials perfume there last and there seem legit. Price, cheaper than counter/brand kiosk/brand specialty store. But would to check here first with you guys if anyone of you had experienced buying from them.

Thanks
Brought from them couple of time before, so far all good, and the fragrance is legit.
ferros
post Aug 4 2018, 06:26 PM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(attacusatlas @ Aug 4 2018, 05:02 PM)
Hi thanks for the info. I was there not too long ago. Which terminal may I please ask?
Terminal 1, but last time is got a special dior Booth for all this exclusive line, should be temporarily, not sure when it will end.
ferros
post Aug 8 2018, 08:16 AM

Getting Started
166 posts

All fragrance guru here, any thoughts on amouage jubilation xvv in Malaysia?
Is this sense too coil to be use in our whether condition?
From the review it seem too aggressive for our hot and humid weather conditions.

Besides, anyone know where can get my hand on Amouage Lyric men/ reflection men full bottle without paying retail price on it?

This post has been edited by ferros: Aug 12 2018, 08:49 PM
ferros
post Aug 20 2018, 11:33 PM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(Elinoir @ Aug 18 2018, 03:50 PM)
I wore a few of the offerings from amouage. Jubilation included. For me...as long as you keep your hygiene,  appearance etc, clean & well taken care off it would be ok. Body odour could affect frags and turn them as off puting. Especially for amouages because of all that woodsy resinous notes.

Just try it out. I always ask friends around me if they find my fragrance smells off puting or not. Always ask the wifey 1st. As far as i know the worst comment i got is from amouage interlude. A friend once says it smells sour haha. I think its because i wore my used shirt and not a clean one. Normally interlude is ok as long i dont overspray.

If you want reflection and lyric i saw someone selling on carousel. But its a set wear they come in mini sizes. Theres like 6 or 8 i think. All that for rm370
Thanks bro for your input.
I already get my jubilation, totally correct is not for everyday sense. Will try couple of wear see how it develope from my skin.

It seem hard to get amouage online in Malaysia though. I found one in cosmetic now Malaysia, price point seem legit, but not sure is really authentic or not.

ferros
post Aug 21 2018, 08:26 AM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(Joey-kun @ Aug 21 2018, 08:00 AM)
Need to be careful when getting Amouage online. It is one of the most counterfeited brands. I bought from Lazada before. Smells and looks like the real thing but both 'tester' bottles are missing the batch code at the bottom. I returned them.
I brought from one of the online seller which I brought before, seem legit.
And I would not brought from those online platform like lazada, as I also kena cheat before for dior homme parfum.

Anywhere I can check the authenticity of my juice? It do have same batch code printed in the both bottle and box.

Too bad is made in UK. Heard due to regulations the batch that made in UK is less potent. Not sure is true or not since I not try the Oman one.

This post has been edited by ferros: Aug 21 2018, 08:28 AM

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1250sec    0.41    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:34 PM