Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Perfumes for Guys v4, Discussion anything about fragrance

views

akib_mullen
post Mar 30 2017, 08:23 PM

On my way
685 posts

Where can I get Guerlain L'Homme Ideal in Malaysia? Tried the edt version. Quite sweet 'breathless' smell for me but I like it. How much will it costs
akib_mullen
post Apr 20 2017, 11:24 PM

On my way
685 posts

QUOTE(edwardleong @ Apr 19 2017, 10:15 AM)
Wow... very happy to see we are having more and more new frag heads joining the family.

Welcome and please continue to make this thread active hehe  icon_idea.gif  rclxm9.gif  :thumbsup:

Since acquiring my Orange Bitters by Jo Malone last Christmas, im drowning in this magic amber orange juice... and finally i can say my collection is complete. I will halt my hauls for the next coming years until i can finish any one bottle that i own, and mostly in near future i will have a garage sale to sadly part way with my least love babies

I will still sniff out new releases from both designers and niches and share my experience here hehe...

So at the end of 1st quarter of 2017 i gotten these 2 babies:-

[attachmentid=8744556] [attachmentid=8744557]

Yes no other than Muglers' flankers - Pure Tonka and Pure Havane ( They are now on sale at Metrojaya Mid Valley, 405 for Pure Tonka, 350 for Pure Havane and Pure Malt)

I started to look into this house after i saw the Green Kyrptomint at Fragrantica so i keep wandering at any Mugler counter at any departmental store.

Having tried Malt, Havane, Wood, Leather, Tonka, Ultra Zest, i think Tonka and Havane are the ones really worth owning.

Lets start with Pure Tonka,

This new flanker has a new rubber bottle, instead of matte, they give it a glossy rubber feel lol and the colour of the juice is not bronze like in their ad, rather is dark brown juice haha, ok now to the scent, this is Pure Cafe Latte for me. Opens up with a sticky burnt sweet lavender and tonka. Those who have tried Hermessence Brin de Reglisse will understand this burnt sweet lavender licorice opening lol then in a short while it will turn into a sweet vanilla latte scent. Tonka become no where to be seen what you left with is a very warm sweet comforting smooth smelling of vanilla latte. The coffee note is very strong here.

Does it very hard to wear like the Ori Amen ? does it still have the wtf crazy stink tar note? all nope. This is how Amen should have been... Performance wise, you wont be disappointing with it. i do 4 sprays and it last more than 10 hrs, projection inital spray will fill your bedroom then it will be constant 3 inch of coffee heaven surrounding you...

Simply 10/10 release with a solid price point which put Bond No 9 New Haarlem and Dior Feve Delicieuse to shame lol...

Now on to Pure Havane,

They have change the packaging of the box which mean the juice have been reformulated which is a good thing for me. Why? they toned down the thick cherry note on the opening which mean i get more honey and green tobacco leave scent right from the start and it doesn't smell the same like Bougart Pour Homme anymore ... it is fabulous sweet tobacco scent.

However Havane dont have the performance of Tonka, meaning u can over spray this juice and enjoy wonderful scent. If u think the opening already quite luxurious wait for the magic drydown, honey, vanilla, cacao, tobacco... a soft sweet alluring tobacco scent that surround you closely. For the price it charging, you are hard pressed to find a better tobacco scent like this, unless u willing to spend double for Tobacco vanille, Herod, etc. I am happy with this juice and im glad they turn the intensity down as this and Tonka i can wear it day in day out also no problem

[attachmentid=8744604]

Cheers mate..

Right now my arsenal will be:-
Xerjoff Nio
Jo Malone Orange Bitters
Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
Mugler Pure Tonka
Mugler Pure Havane
Bond No 9 A Scent of Peace for Him
Hermes Bel Ami
Burberry London
Can you sell a sample for pure tonka?
akib_mullen
post Apr 21 2019, 12:46 AM

On my way
685 posts

Hey guys, may I know where can I get AdP colognia vaniglia here, or singapore. Simple google search didn't give very good results
akib_mullen
post Apr 22 2019, 12:51 PM

On my way
685 posts

QUOTE(cocooh @ Apr 22 2019, 09:21 AM)
Try Robinsons @ Four Seasons
thank you
akib_mullen
post Apr 28 2019, 01:39 AM

On my way
685 posts

QUOTE(Siege @ Apr 26 2019, 07:26 PM)
juz to let u guys know there's small luxasia sale at Fahrenheit -above shoopen- until 5th may
not much interesting frag
but there's Guerlain l'homme ideal EDP, l'instant EDT, JPG ultra male  on sale for RM200
where is this actually? not familiar with kl. Aim guerlain too for long time, last time got on sephora now no more
akib_mullen
post Apr 28 2019, 10:25 AM

On my way
685 posts

Thank you guys. Will ask my sis to check it out
akib_mullen
post Apr 28 2019, 04:06 PM

On my way
685 posts

QUOTE(peakaboo99 @ Apr 28 2019, 02:10 PM)
Let me check first bro got stock or not. I'll mesej u if got stock brows.gif
Can i kirim u too? Asked my sis looks like she don't wanna go that area coz jam 😪
akib_mullen
post Jun 30 2019, 08:09 PM

On my way
685 posts

Would love to buy amouage, one of opus line. Where can I get it? Of course cheaper than retail, tester also can (tester reliable?)
akib_mullen
post Jul 21 2019, 06:46 PM

On my way
685 posts

Where can i buy armaf cdn intense yeah?
akib_mullen
post Sep 11 2019, 07:35 PM

On my way
685 posts

Where can I buy Amouage online that is legit? Thinking to buy opus v
akib_mullen
post Jul 5 2020, 11:33 PM

On my way
685 posts

Went to chanel to buy perfume for wife. Tried out platinum egoiste. Smells great. But on drydown, if I am not mistaken, it smells like david beckham instinct. Hopefully PE is longer lasting than DBI. Planning to buy PE
akib_mullen
post Jul 6 2020, 07:34 PM

On my way
685 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Jul 6 2020, 10:22 AM)
Some said it smelled just like some premium range Henry Jacques perfume tongue.gif

laugh.gif

i google that perfume, quite expensive? hmm.gif
akib_mullen
post Jul 6 2020, 11:48 PM

On my way
685 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Jul 6 2020, 09:16 PM)
It should be. Smells similar does not mean they are the same thou.

Very diff in term of quality of ingredients used.
I see. Will try if I have the chance
akib_mullen
post Jul 6 2020, 11:49 PM

On my way
685 posts

QUOTE(Siege @ Jul 6 2020, 11:11 PM)
I still prefer the normal egoiste, rose/cinnamon+sandalwood, dirty, more 'fun" version of Santal noir/Santal royal
To think about it, I wonder why I didn't try it that time. I tried almost all perfume but not normal egoiste doh.gif
akib_mullen
post Jul 22 2020, 05:02 PM

On my way
685 posts

May I ask why price between fragrancex and strawberrynet is quite a big differences?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1216sec    0.35    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:36 PM