5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Perfumes for Guys v4, Discussion anything about fragrance

views

Elinoir
post Jul 21 2017, 02:46 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

Hello everyone. Just dropping by after a few weeks of silent reading. Love the fragrance comunity in here..pretty much established and many decants and splits going around.

Just visited the scent maker counter at pavilion and i cant say im familiar with this house. I know they're from kuwait and one or maybe two of their perfume won an award or something like that...but thats about it. Not much on the inter web also. Anyone bought anything from them?

Elinoir
post Jul 21 2017, 05:21 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(irzani2001 @ Jul 21 2017, 03:42 PM)
Hi,

Just would like to share my experience with essenza-nobile here. Shipment from Germany --- Chezh (5days) --- Malaysia (10days) --- Poslaju (5days).
Items described as cosmetic skincare sample + shipping at USD70 on the box. Shipping rates was EUR60 fyi.

user posted image

DO NOT BOARD THE HYPE TRAIN. EXPENSIVE LESSON FOR ME 250ML FLACON CREED AVENTUS. DOES NOT LAST LONG  ranting.gif
Sorry to hear thay..how long does it last to be exact?

Elinoir
post Sep 10 2017, 03:36 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

Hai everyone..just want to share something i got today. Got 3 samples from my interlude purchase. Long time ago they gave alot more hehe.

Beach hut.
Who already tested this. Hmmm. Almost like all amouage that i tried.. its 50 / 50 at first. However im confident it would grow on me. This is definitely a more mass appealing fragrance. A crowd pleaser from amouage. Wont review this yet because i have another scent on me but will definitely will do a short take on it because from my 1st try last week...honestly..it has that smell that im familiar with but....cant seem to pin point exactly what.

Anyone tried it.. whats your take?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Elinoir
post Sep 10 2017, 09:02 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(peakaboo99 @ Sep 10 2017, 08:07 PM)
Based on the names it gives that tropical vibes?😁
Haaha. Thats what i thought when i walked past it & read the name.. but actually i dont get any tropical vibe. Maybe just slightly fresh/beachy/sandy ..i tend to link the beach/sea with the approach from bvlgari on their aqua line . I do get mint and a bit of a balsamic feel to it.

Havent had the time to fully test it. The last time tried it on arm and ruin it with a handwash..haha. on my arm right now however, interlude...perghhh! I dont know why it took me 5 years to like this but its worth the wait. Long time ago tested it but end up scrubbing it off. getting old turned my taste on fragrance a bit. Now loving the heavy stuff.

Getting on the individual topic, i find it one of those fragrance that smells devine when it lingers around the air. Not directly. Same with other strong stuff like aventus..sauvage..terredhermes etc2.

Elinoir
post Sep 10 2017, 10:39 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(peakaboo99 @ Sep 10 2017, 09:30 PM)
Then i need to test this also😁. Not sure about interlude thou,all the reviews makes me scared to try it😓. Btw u only got two?
Yup.Definitely test it out 1st. not for everyone. Im having a bit of a crave for smoky scents and was looking at amouage myths but fall in love with interlude. I got 3 small vials from the purchase. I chose Myths, sunshine, & beach hut.

Elinoir
post Sep 10 2017, 10:39 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(peakaboo99 @ Sep 10 2017, 09:30 PM)
Then i need to test this also😁. Not sure about interlude thou,all the reviews makes me scared to try it😓. Btw u only got two?
Yup.Definitely test it out 1st. not for everyone. Im having a bit of a crave for smoky scents and was looking at amouage myths but fall in love with interlude. I got 3 small vials from the purchase. I chose Myths, sunshine, & beach hut.

Elinoir
post Sep 11 2017, 07:06 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(whitey87 @ Sep 11 2017, 11:48 AM)
Look what the good ole Fedex delivered today....been wanting to get this for some time and it finally arrived. Believe the hype people....this is the best smoky Aventus clone to date. Now I can safely save my Aventus for special occasions and use this for normal usage :-)

P/S : shud have ordered more than 2 bottles hehe

[attachmentid=9123262]
[QUOTE]

I've read that cdn also has a few batch variations same as aventus. Maybe that particular smell is indeed an elusive scent to recreate. A little bit of this and that changes from time to time eh? But if the hype is true, i might be trying this one in the near future to.

P.s SOTD xerjoff more than words. Looong time since i last worn this. I almost forgot how strong this one is. The smell from that last time still hangs on my shirt laa. Psychopath lvl longevity...it just wont let go hahaa..

This post has been edited by Elinoir: Sep 11 2017, 07:07 PM
Elinoir
post Sep 13 2017, 01:48 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

Sauvage is that fragrance if you want to have only ONE that can go with everything in every situation. Super versatile and pleasing to the nose right. However if smelled closely i find it a bit harsh. its the ambroxan. how many sprays did you use ?
Elinoir
post Sep 13 2017, 02:35 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

Sauvage on me lasts about 7-8hours with 4 sprays. I find it spraying closely behind the ear and let the excess juice flow down made it last a bit longer. So 1 spray behind the ear each..and on the neck each on the pulse. I wear it sometimes when i go out cycling in the early morning and when finished its still there. Me with all the sweating and somewhow it did survive it . i thought it would just be washed away by the sweat and all but it manage to cling on. I could still smell it on me afterwards. Wifey loves this but she always asks me to wear xerjof 1861 more.
Elinoir
post Sep 13 2017, 08:13 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

Amazing right! It renaissance. Im thankfull that my skin could hold it for about 10 hours everytime i wear it. However i know some people do get less. The SA that helped me told me that she only get like a few hours from it. I wear it behind the ears so whenever i woke up in the morning and washed my ears i still get the scent stuck on my fingers. Haha.

Different topic.
Today is my 3rd wearing of the latest one from amouage, Beach hut. Tested it from a sample vial. Hmmm. First of all if you love mint do try this out. Strong mint from the start and it mellows down as time goes by but that mentholated airiness around this never did left me. Honestly i enjoy mint which is a little subtle than this.

My wife kinda ruin it for me when i first worn it.  " hubby ada pakai minyak angin ke? " and i just went with the flow and answered yup (Rm1115 of a minyak angin haha) i do get it why she said that. It does have that minyak angin kinda feel to it like something that i also get from prada lhomme. That mentholated airy vibe from the mint plus with the light florals in there. There is also vetiver in here that might be making that minty air feels a bit controlled and not too much of a toothpaste smell. It goes a bit like fresh cool damp grass. Green and uplifting. That wet/damp feel might be from the moss. My untrained nose here did not get a few of the notes listed for beach hut such as patchouli or myrrh. Woodyniss do fill in but to me its a faint one. But as for the name implies i still dont see why its called beach hut. Maybe slight beach smell because of that breezy dampness bit,  but what about the sand, and the sea, the salty air, the wet damp wooden floor and wall of the hut, or maybe even the hot sun. Where does that fit in ...or is it a different beach hut atmosphere that they want to give us. I dont know 🤔

As for the performance of this i get around 10 hours out of it everytime i wear it (2 spray from the vial) 1st time wearing this was around 8pm and when i woke up the next morning i could still smell it as a skin scent. Today i worn it at 4pm on my neck and i can stil smell whiffs of it this very moment so sillage is also great.  Perfomance wise , amazing \(^^)/ maybe even better right.

Finally, will i splurge my money for a full bottle of this? .....for now maybe not, but man honestly, i do enjoy wearing it. For me that minyak angin feel is just around the 1st hour or so and it does mellow down a bit afterwards. I totally would not mind smelling like that or smelling it on anyone else haha. It still smells nice, really. However, i wont be recomending this to someone else because for me i would say it might not be worth the price tag. But hey if you enjoy this and have the extra money to spend why not right. Who am i to tell people what to or not to buy. Do take time to test this my dear frag heads. Make sure to spray like 2 or 3 sprays of this and only this. no other fragrance.  just to make sure you can experience it at full. If you dont like it well u can just scrub it off.

Elinoir
post Sep 14 2017, 10:02 AM

Getting Started
80 posts

Kalau yg version lastest lemale superman tu sama je kan bau dia dgn popeye kan bro? Lemale banyak sgt flanker tapi yg popeye ni ramai kata best. Belum try lagi.
Elinoir
post Sep 14 2017, 01:38 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

Nice. Will try the superman ver. Saw it in sephora last time. I always have this feeling of going in sephora...take out my small empty decant and fill it with fragrances there...hahaha. its not like there will be anyone there coming over to assist me. Sometimes theres nobody even around at the mens frag section at sephora klcc.
Elinoir
post Sep 14 2017, 09:27 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

Waaah. Lemme guess. Club de nuit eh? Hehe
Elinoir
post Sep 15 2017, 10:54 AM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(AnsonKC @ Sep 15 2017, 02:27 AM)
last night i brought a friend from UK to petaling street and surprisingly i saw a stall selling club de nuit intense. The stall keeper is a bangladesh guy and i ask whether i can test it or not. so he spray on my hand and i was wearing cdim at that moment as well. The scent is quite different and full of pineapple. In comparison, the bottle i bought before is more smoky and less pineapple. I started to suspect that it is a fake but who would fake a clone? There are some difference with the bottle. The bottle is obviously lighter than the original. CDIM bottle is quite heavy even though the packaging is just average. And the word "club de nuit intense man" is spelled wrongly. The word "club" has a capital letter C which should be in small letter and the word "man" is spelled as "men" on the fake bottle. By the time i reach home, which is about 1hour + later, the smell completely gone.

Even the clone has "clone"/replica. But CDIM is considerably cheap so who would bother to make a counterfeit out of it?
Yup. As long as its popular than there's a big chance it would be replicated. Its amazing how the aventus dna in a scent gets so many raves. Honestly to me yes it smells AMAZING but im afraid it is almost becoming too popular. I could smell it on my brothers, cousins and more and more on my friends. When my current bottle is finished i think i wont be excited to get a new one like before...Its starting to become the next paco rabanne 1 million...still not as much as 1 million. That stuff i could smell everywhere. Super popular hehe...but what the heck right..wear whatever you feel like it. It still smells amazing. Aventus & 1 million.

Elinoir
post Sep 15 2017, 12:06 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(t0n3 @ Sep 15 2017, 11:15 AM)
I was in your shoes then I turned to the dark side of the perfume world, the animalic.

Just drop in to say hi to everyone and happy Malaysia day tomorrow!

I'm wearing Miyako today.

user posted image
Animalic scents might not be my thing...yet. i once tried MFK absolue pour le soir and scrubbed it of later when i reach home. Haha. Maybe need to start with something a bit lighter on the animalic taste. Any recommendation?
Elinoir
post Sep 15 2017, 04:39 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(t0n3 @ Sep 15 2017, 11:15 AM)
I was in your shoes then I turned to the dark side of the perfume world, the animalic.

Just drop in to say hi to everyone and happy Malaysia day tomorrow!

I'm wearing Miyako today.

user posted image
At 1st glance i thought it was roja dove. How many sprays do you normally wear that bro? Im guessing 1 spray would stick on you like an obsessed/stalker/pshyco lover who just dont know when to let go eh haha
Elinoir
post Sep 15 2017, 11:06 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

I thought rm150 is the price for ori armaf right?

To end the day ive been wearing this delecious beauty since 7pm. Now still going pretty strong. still smelling it on me. Who can guess what this is hahaha?. The sticker and box got torn by my gracefull daughter. Good thing the bottle is unharmed.

A fragrance that reminds me the bittersweet of life hehee.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Elinoir
post Sep 15 2017, 11:38 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

I hear dxandra perfume also have something that smells like avntus too. Locally bred stuff.

Yup its feve delicieuse. Its either this or mugler pure tonka. Super delecious for both. But i prefer this because of the bitterness from the cacao is a bit more pronounced

This post has been edited by Elinoir: Sep 15 2017, 11:39 PM
Elinoir
post Sep 16 2017, 02:45 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(owentzy @ Sep 16 2017, 12:07 PM)
Not sure is there anyone having used Dior Homme Intense and willing to let go.
If yes, please PM me. Just bought a decant and fall in love the fragrance, but don't feel like getting a new bottle, too expensive.
I think new dior fragrances on online shop normally its expensive than the normal dior at counter or boutique. However if you want to try with this guy you could try PM him. The thread is last year but i see nobody posting anything on it.

Heres the link
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=3908252&hl=
Elinoir
post Sep 17 2017, 12:36 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(heart strings @ Sep 16 2017, 10:40 PM)
Yours is original. Look at mine. Purchased from ajax91 who claimed to be original. In fact I have asked him if it's original as I know there are fakes in the market and he confidently say yes. 100% fake. A simple google search or even your pic above will show that he emblem is positioned in middle. Fake one is on left. Even the chain is not chained to the emblem. Lol. Don't get me started on the box.
user posted image

user posted image
Oo man this ia a hard one. From the picture it looks like the real deal. The bottle and finishing is flawless. Just see how the light reflects so evenly and smooth on it. Hope you guys could settle the issue smoothly to.

SOTD: wore this morning something light and fresh. Could't smell it anymore on me..puff . Gone.. i love wearing short lived scent in the morning just to start the day. Later would wear something stronger. Annik goutal mandragore. Juicy natural lime and spicy with a sprinkle of mint.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1512sec    0.12    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:16 AM