272 Pages « < 109 110 111 112 113 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Perfumes for Guys v4, Discussion anything about fragrance

views

kahyeec
post Jan 24 2018, 07:17 AM

Regular
1,149 posts

QUOTE(janggutbiru @ Jan 23 2018, 10:35 AM)
i tried to buy from this website. but its fake. bought dunhill desire silver EDT 100ml cost me about RM165 where the seller mentioned that the products are all original.

i compare the smell between the original (RM365) and the one i bought from that website, definitely so much different.

> the original one got different notes and a very good smell. however, the 1 i bought only got 1 kind of smell and it fades till evening. and the smell is too strong until me, myself cant tahan.
> box got differences which are the printed bar code and (probably) batch number. The printed bar code is on the original one and sticker bar code is on the fake one.
> the embossed wordings on the box looks 99% same.
> the bottle is 99% like the original. Base plate information also looks exactly the same.

So, i never want to trust online seller. might just stick to the physical retailer.

p/s: original one i went to parkson to test and verify sweat.gif
OK bro. Can I screenshot and ask the seller to defend him/herself here?

I bought a Prada L'Homme Intense from shopping heaven and trust me , its Intense biggrin.gif

janggutbiru
post Jan 24 2018, 08:15 AM

Getting Started
162 posts

QUOTE(kahyeec @ Jan 24 2018, 07:17 AM)
OK bro. Can I screenshot and ask the seller to defend him/herself here?

I bought a Prada L'Homme Intense from shopping heaven and trust me , its Intense  biggrin.gif
sure why not.
janggutbiru
post Jan 24 2018, 08:19 AM

Getting Started
162 posts

QUOTE(AnsonKC @ Jan 23 2018, 06:21 PM)
More or less the same.
From the photo it seems pretty legit
but why the smell is not on point? cry.gif
ACHARR
post Jan 24 2018, 09:45 AM

7 posts

QUOTE(janggutbiru @ Jan 24 2018, 08:19 AM)
but why the smell is not on point?  cry.gif
I agree with kahyeec ,perhaps allow the seller a chance to explain on this case. In my opinion ,that is the best course of action.
However if you wish to know more, there can be other reasons involved when a perfume smell differently and not necessary being a fake perfume.

1) If the perfume has been exposed to light/heat especially directly sunlight for period of time.

2) If the perfume has been kept for a long time, this can be on your side or before it reaches you.

3) When, where and how you smell both the perfume,
Does the perfume has been sprayed onto yourself for hours ago, then being compared to a perfume that has just been sprayed onto a paper?

4) What are you comparing with? Are you comparing a retail unit with tester unit ?

5) Reformulation by manufacturer, rarely but sometimes they do.

As far as i know, we can easily spot fake perfume flaws (like the blog post: How to recognize a fake tester perfume) , and i have yet to meet a perfect fake perfume, at least when it reaches my hand and have a comparison side to side to an original one. So, somehow in the end if you still think it's a fake one, try taking your perfume and has a comparison with an original one side to side, if you can't find any flaws on the bottle from cap to bottom, then it is most likely an original one with the factors above.

This post has been edited by ACHARR: Jan 24 2018, 09:48 AM
AnsonKC
post Jan 24 2018, 09:43 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

QUOTE(janggutbiru @ Jan 24 2018, 08:19 AM)
but why the smell is not on point?  cry.gif
As mentioned before
Reformulated
AnsonKC
post Jan 25 2018, 08:11 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

I have some fragrances to let go. Willing to let go at low price becoz moving house
Ferrari Bright Neroli
Versace Blue Jeans
Come check out my thread and pm me if interested
Joey-kun
post Jan 26 2018, 11:11 AM

no avatar plagarism plz, foxboy sez nuz
4,662 posts

Any Guerlain fans out there?

Also, any one has any experience buying from fragx? planning to get something from them but not sure if its reliable or will get into trouble with customs etc
mrbaw
post Jan 27 2018, 03:30 PM

7 posts

Hi Everyone,

I'm selling Armaf Club De Nuit Intense Man 105ml. New in Box

Batch: 235494
Year: May/2017
Made in France
Price: RM180 (Market Price: RM200-RM220)

I have CDNI for Women (Clone to TF Noir de Noir) too.

Do pm me if you're interested.

Attached Image
Amirzaquwan
post Jan 31 2018, 12:21 AM

1 posts

Hi, I'm new here. I would like to know if you guys know any fragrance/perfume group or community here in Malaysia. I'm an original perfume collector and have fews in my collection now. But I'm looking to swap/sell or maybe buy a 10ml decant as a tester.

If you guys interested to buy or swap your frangrance can pm me here. Thanks

peakaboo99
post Jan 31 2018, 08:09 PM

Getting Started
182 posts

QUOTE(Joey-kun @ Jan 26 2018, 11:11 AM)
Any Guerlain fans out there?

Also, any one has any experience buying from fragx? planning to get something from them but not sure if its reliable or will get into trouble with customs etc
U guerlain fan?😀
peakaboo99
post Jan 31 2018, 08:11 PM

Getting Started
182 posts

QUOTE(Amirzaquwan @ Jan 31 2018, 12:21 AM)
Hi, I'm new here. I would like to know if you guys know any fragrance/perfume group or community here in Malaysia. I'm an original perfume collector and have fews in my collection now. But I'm looking to swap/sell or maybe buy a 10ml decant as a tester.

If you guys interested to buy or swap your frangrance can pm me here. Thanks
Hi there i do have decants for sale. Check my threads if you are interested😀
Joey-kun
post Feb 2 2018, 07:00 AM

4,662 posts

QUOTE(peakaboo99 @ Jan 31 2018, 08:09 PM)
U guerlain fan?😀
I have a lot of Guerlains in my collection tongue.gif and im looking to buy more
peakaboo99
post Feb 2 2018, 08:46 AM

Getting Started
182 posts

QUOTE(Joey-kun @ Feb 2 2018, 07:00 AM)
I have a lot of Guerlains in my collection tongue.gif and im looking to buy more
Lol do u have l'homme ideal cologne?if yes how was it?I'm trying to get my hands on it since it's got some good reviews
TAZIO.N
post Feb 2 2018, 09:49 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

I'm the fan of Guerlain perfumes especially the older formulation(vintage) one.So far in my collection I have:

Vetiver edc
Vetiver edt(1st formulation)
Habit rouge edc
Mitsouko edc
Vol de nuit edc
Eau de Guerlain
Heritage

The good things about them is if you're patience enough,they can be bought at a reasonable price thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by TAZIO.N: Feb 2 2018, 09:51 AM
Joey-kun
post Feb 3 2018, 08:04 AM

4,662 posts

QUOTE(peakaboo99 @ Feb 2 2018, 08:46 AM)
Lol do u have l'homme ideal cologne?if yes how was it?I'm trying to get my hands on it since it's got some good reviews
I dont have that one, tried it, not a fan sadly. I'm a bigger fan of the classics.
Joey-kun
post Feb 3 2018, 08:06 AM

4,662 posts

QUOTE(TAZIO.N @ Feb 2 2018, 09:49 AM)
I'm the fan of Guerlain perfumes especially the older formulation(vintage) one.So far in my collection I have:

Vetiver edc
Vetiver edt(1st formulation)
Habit rouge edc
Mitsouko edc
Vol de nuit edc
Eau de Guerlain
Heritage

The good things about them is if you're patience enough,they can be bought at a reasonable price thumbup.gif
omgggggg

I want your EDCs~

which version of heritage is it? is it the 1992 formula or the 2000s version that is said to be a lot weaker?

there are reviews saying that the latest formulation of heritage is as good as the original 1992 version.
TAZIO.N
post Feb 3 2018, 09:35 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(Joey-kun @ Feb 3 2018, 08:06 AM)
omgggggg

I want your EDCs~

which version of heritage is it? is it the 1992 formula or the 2000s version that is said to be a lot weaker?

there are reviews saying that the latest formulation of heritage is as good as the original 1992 version.
The discontinued Guerlain edc is really good thumbsup.gif
They are not a weaker versions despite the edc designation. Vetiver and Habit Rouge are originally edc,edt version only came out in 1989.Very good longevity too.On my skin,I can easily get 6 to 7 hours out of them.Mitsouko easily 8 hours.Really took me by suprised when I first tried them and now they're my personal favourite versions of the classics Guerlain.

My Guerlain Heritage edt was made in 1994,so I assume its the original formulation.Couple of years ago,I did a comparison between my vintage vs my friends newly bought edt.Imo,the vintage is slightly richer and stronger than the current formulation.But to be honest with you, you'll be fine with current version.For me,off course I'll prefer the original formulation over current one but I rather buy a current one than to overpaid for vintages you know. wink.gif
Joey-kun
post Feb 3 2018, 12:07 PM

4,662 posts

QUOTE(TAZIO.N @ Feb 3 2018, 09:35 AM)
They are not a weaker versions despite the edc designation. Vetiver and Habit Rouge are originally edc,edt version only came out in 1989.Very good longevity too.On my skin,I can easily get 6 to 7 hours out of them.Mitsouko easily 8 hours.Really took me by suprised when I first tried them and now they're my personal  favourite versions of the classics Guerlain.

My  Guerlain Heritage edt was made in 1994,so I assume its the original formulation.Couple of years ago,I did a comparison between my vintage vs my friends newly bought edt.Imo,the vintage is slightly richer and stronger than  the current formulation.But to be honest with you, you'll be fine with current version.For me,off course I'll prefer the original formulation over current one but  I rather buy a current one than to overpaid for vintages you know. wink.gif
the 2017 formulation is on par with the original 1992 version. I have the 2014 version which is okay for me. I also have the EDP version of heritage, circa 2010.

My Guerlains are:

L'Homme Ideal EDP
L'Heure Bleue EDT (80s' vintage)
Mitsouko EDT/EDP
L'instant Guerlain Eau Extreme
Guerlain Homme L'eau Boisee
Habit Rouge EDT/EDP
Heritage EDT/EDP
Eau De Guerlain
Mouchoir De Monsieur

In transit:
Insolence Parfum
Chamade EDT
Joey-kun
post Feb 3 2018, 12:07 PM

4,662 posts

QUOTE(TAZIO.N @ Feb 3 2018, 09:35 AM)
They are not a weaker versions despite the edc designation. Vetiver and Habit Rouge are originally edc,edt version only came out in 1989.Very good longevity too.On my skin,I can easily get 6 to 7 hours out of them.Mitsouko easily 8 hours.Really took me by suprised when I first tried them and now they're my personal  favourite versions of the classics Guerlain.

My  Guerlain Heritage edt was made in 1994,so I assume its the original formulation.Couple of years ago,I did a comparison between my vintage vs my friends newly bought edt.Imo,the vintage is slightly richer and stronger than  the current formulation.But to be honest with you, you'll be fine with current version.For me,off course I'll prefer the original formulation over current one but  I rather buy a current one than to overpaid for vintages you know. wink.gif
the 2017 formulation is on par with the original 1992 version (according to some reviews). I have the 2014 version which is okay for me. I also have the EDP version of heritage, circa 2010.

My Guerlains are:

L'Homme Ideal EDP
L'Heure Bleue EDT (80s' vintage)
Mitsouko EDT/EDP
L'instant Guerlain Eau Extreme
Guerlain Homme L'eau Boisee
Habit Rouge EDT/EDP
Heritage EDT/EDP
Vetiver
Shalimar EDP
Eau De Guerlain
Mouchoir De Monsieur
Oud Essentiel
Spirituse Double Vanille (30ml Decant)

In transit:
Insolence Parfum Extrait
Chamade EDT
Champs Elysses Parfum Extrait

Oh yeah, more importantly have you bought from fragrancex before? are they problematic? Planning to get some of the older Guerlains from them as they are cheap but not sure if will into problems with customs etc. Strawberrynet is now pricier than retail. Not gonna go there lol.

This post has been edited by Joey-kun: Feb 5 2018, 09:28 AM
ruffin
post Feb 5 2018, 06:55 AM

Getting Started
60 posts

Mine Guerlain line up:

1. Guerlain Vetiver (tester) 2 bottles.
2. Guerlain Heritage EDT (tester) 2 bottles.
3. L'instant de Guerlain pour Homme EDT 2 bottles.

2018 New adding
4. Les Absolus d'Orient Santal Royal Guerlain EDP.

272 Pages « < 109 110 111 112 113 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0167sec    0.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:56 PM