Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Perfumes for Guys v4, Discussion anything about fragrance

AmmoShaf
post Sep 18 2017, 05:33 PM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(jarcmercier @ Sep 18 2017, 09:32 AM)
My fren's parcel just got delayed & detained by MOH - Pharmacy dept Kuching for testing.  Only his 2nd purchase from FragX.  Bad luck.  Think will be issued a warning later & nex purchase detained will be confiscated by MOH.  FragX DHL really a no no.
Sorry to hear that. But, is there anyway to make sure FragX didn't use DHL, like during the payment we can opt to choose other courier? Because I actually plan to place the next order soon. But knowing this happen to your friend, I'm quite worry now.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
AnsonKC
post Sep 18 2017, 05:38 PM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(AmmoShaf @ Sep 18 2017, 05:33 PM)
Sorry to hear that. But, is there anyway to make sure FragX didn't use DHL, like during the payment we can opt to choose other courier? Because I actually plan to place the next order soon. But knowing this happen to your friend, I'm quite worry now.
last time they use fedex and i got warning letter as well
this time they use dhl. but im lucky did not get any warning
have tried email them a few times to request for specific courier but none were entertained
+Quote Post
edwardleong
post Sep 18 2017, 05:51 PM

Regular

I broke my promise.... after quite some time, i cant control myself and bought my wedding day scent

Attached Image

Attached Image

This is also one of bottle where i found the new reformulation is better than original

I first sniff this scent 2 years ago in klia.. my impression were meh.. feminine green powder way too soapy celery rose scent.. fast forward 2 years.. resniff at metrojaya.. boom so so so good rich oppulent rose scent for men..

Immediately this must wear for my actual wedding day and bought it.

It is still a greeh fresh rose, but the soapiness, and greeness have been toned down and hence making the lime and rose even more kaw and best part is performance is way better.. projection and longevity is off the chart.. 2 on chest 1 on back of the neck can last whole day i mean whole day and projects even after dinner

The incense is still here however it is so soft here yet blend well with other notes to make it smell sweet and slight peppery

This scent is truely a remarkable rose scent. Love it to the max and it is up there on par with kilian rose oud, dior oud ispahan, le labo rose 31, tom ford noir de noir, mfk lumiere noire pour homme, FM portrait of a lady as the must have magnificent 7 rose scents

Anyway my morning wedding day scent - Xerjoff Nio; wedding dinner scent - Amouage lyric man

+Quote Post
peakaboo99
post Sep 18 2017, 06:29 PM

QUOTE(edwardleong @ Sep 18 2017, 05:51 PM)
I broke my promise.... after quite some time, i cant control myself and bought my wedding day scent

Attached Image

Attached Image

This is also one of bottle where i found the new reformulation is better than original

I first sniff this scent 2 years ago in klia.. my impression were meh.. feminine green powder way too soapy celery rose scent.. fast forward 2 years.. resniff at metrojaya.. boom so so so good rich oppulent rose scent for men..

It is still a greeh fresh rose, but the soapiness, and greeness have been toned down and hence making the lime and rose even more kaw and best part is performance is way better.. projection and longevity is off the chart.. 2 on chest 1 on back of the neck can last whole day i mean whole day and projects even after dinner

The incense is still here however it is so soft here yet blend well with other notes to make it smell sweet and slight peppery

This scent is truely a remarkable rose scent. Love it to the max and it is up there on par with kilian rose oud, dior oud ispahan, le labo rose 31, tom ford noir de noir, mfk lumiere noire pour homme, FM portrait of a lady as the must have magnificent 7 rose scents

Anyway my morning wedding day scent - Xerjoff Nio; wedding dinner scent - Amouage lyric man
that good?must try this hmm.gif
+Quote Post
AmmoShaf
post Sep 19 2017, 12:38 PM

On my way

QUOTE(AnsonKC @ Sep 18 2017, 05:38 PM)
last time they use fedex and i got warning letter as well
this time they use dhl. but im lucky did not get any warning
have tried email them a few times to request for specific courier but none were entertained
What are the percentage that the items will be return to us after MOH/Custome checking. Slight delay should be okay for me as I didn't need that things urgently as long as it arrived. The things that scared me is actually if they detained the things permanently.

Attached Image

Attached Image

I bought a 5ml decant of Lyric Man last week from one of the forumer here Izam. Please noted that I'm very new to fragrance, almost all of my collection are designers, and most of them are very famous or can be said as "most complimented" fragrance as mentioned always as in youtube videos. I also don't own any oud based fragrance, most of what I have are either fresh, sweet, soapy, gourmandy.

So when I first tested Lyric Man, my thought were it smells smooth, I didn't get rose as much in the opening, maybe until few minutes or so. But, I am wondering what is so special about this perfume that all of the experience collectors, and fragrances sifu like so much. For me, it does smells smooth, rosey and nice, but doesn't have a wow factor when I smelled it. It is just nice. Maybe this is the difference between people like me that wears perfume to smells good of course but at the same time want attraction and compliment from surrounding people. Compared to some of the sifus like u, that wears for your own, and doesnt care if people smell it on you or not, and like it or not. Am I right? Or it is just because I have an untrained nose, so it will take some times for me to like this kind of scents?

Don't get me started on bro Ton3 fragrances collection, I'm quite sure that most of his newest collection that I never heard of smells weird(sorry tonny bro), those animalic scents, I wonder how it smells. But I guess he is wearing is for himself, so who cares.

By the way, congratulations on your wedding. May u have a wonderful day, long lasting relationship, and cute kids(if you want one, or two). I'm sure you'll smell amazing bro smile.gif

+Quote Post
potgasdeace88
post Sep 19 2017, 09:04 PM

Getting Started

I 2nd bro ammoshaf's statement.
At times I cant even fathom these sifus describing a note, let alone individually identify them.

Even reflection man didnt grow on me.
Im just feeling happy to discover new scents that I like and adore. Hoping one day my untrained nose will come to appreciate scents that these sifus are devouring.

I learned a great deal from the sifus of this thread.
Hats off to them and congrats to bro Edward.
+Quote Post
jarcmercier
post Sep 19 2017, 11:20 PM

Getting Started

Attached Image

Attached Image

CONGRATS !!! rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
t0n3
post Sep 20 2017, 10:33 AM

Regular

QUOTE(AmmoShaf @ Sep 19 2017, 12:38 PM)
Don't get me started on bro Ton3 fragrances collection, I'm quite sure that most of his newest collection that I never heard of smells weird(sorry tonny bro), those animalic scents, I wonder how it smells. But I guess he is wearing is for himself, so who cares.
Haha, I'll take that as a big compliment, thanks!

Congrats to Edward for finally tying the knot!

My SOTD is MdO Cuir
user posted image
+Quote Post
Elinoir
post Sep 20 2017, 12:11 PM

QUOTE(t0n3 @ Sep 20 2017, 10:33 AM)
Haha, I'll take that as a big compliment, thanks!

Congrats to Edward for finally tying the knot!

My SOTD is MdO Cuir
user posted image
Gorgeous scent, lyric man. 1st time i smelled is on that thin paper they include in the paper bag. the sa sprayed some on it. Perrggh. Beautiful. They dont do that anynore ye?. Anyway congratulations on the wedding. Wishing you a happier life as husband and wife (^^)

P.s : SOTD Volutes edp. Not totally in love with it but i like it enough to buy it. volutes have that dark deep and thick almost smokey, Herbal -spicy semi sweet tobacco scent. Bottle Sticker did not survive through years of wearing this. But the scent is a sticker for sure. Sticks on you 10+ hours.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
whitey87
post Sep 20 2017, 01:05 PM

Getting Started

Still on the subject of CDNI and powerful rose scents....today grabbed my bottle of "the other CDNI" to compliment the cool cloudy morning. As Edward mentioned earlier about the classic rose perfumes, this is really an almost spot on clone of Tom Ford's Noir de Noir. Marketed as a woman's perfume but a man can certainly pull this off as well...just be self confidant and you will get compliments from ladies mainly because they they love the smell AND intrigued as well why a man is wearing it biggrin.gif

I would say this is a better "imitation" of TF NdN than CDNI for Man is to Aventus....if you get what I mean hehe.

SOTD

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Elinoir
post Sep 21 2017, 09:35 PM

Today tried Dior sauvage oud ..haha. wore 3 spraysof dior sauvage with a drop of pure oud oil behid the ears each. To me every fragrance could be an oud fragrance. Just need to get yourself a good pure oud oil. Make sure to buy from a experienced/knowledgable seller/source because these oud oils could come in bad batches to (such as contamination by other type of wood that look similar like agar wood during processing).

The smell is something im not comfortable with haha. i could smell the oud all the time but sauvage is something that comes and go. when i get whiffs of sauvage and it molds with the oud scent. It smells like sour ....oranges with woody herbal kinda tone to it. Hmmm.. not sure about this. Next one ill try with something sweeter just to counter the skankines of this oud.

This post has been edited by Elinoir: Sep 21 2017, 09:36 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
sonypshomer
post Sep 22 2017, 07:33 AM

Casual

Eros or Dylan Blue

Which one is less gay is the one i would wear

pls suggest
+Quote Post
TheNiro
post Sep 22 2017, 10:26 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(sonypshomer @ Sep 22 2017, 07:33 AM)

Eros or Dylan Blue

pls suggest
lol both perfume will not make u gay.
they will get u tons of compliments bro.

if u are into fresh scent, then go for Dylan Blue.
bitches love Eros, they will ask what perfume u wear.
+Quote Post
Elinoir
post Sep 22 2017, 07:58 PM

Fragrance commercials is a joy to watch eventhough sometimes it certainly doesnt make sense. The only fragrance commercial that made me buy its product is paco rabanne 1 million. In my oppinion could be one of the best..if not the best fragrance commercial out there haha.
+Quote Post
AnsonKC
post Sep 23 2017, 11:54 AM

tried dior sauvage very cool spray. i prefer the opening more than the orginal sauvage. drydown is similar and performance is similar as well. comes in highly durable bottle and cheaper price.
+Quote Post
nizamz
post Sep 23 2017, 06:09 PM

Getting Started

Eros or Dylan Blue

pls suggest
Lol.!Later sure manyak jantan follow you.
I loike dylan blue.
+Quote Post
peakaboo99
post Sep 23 2017, 06:57 PM

QUOTE(Elinoir @ Sep 21 2017, 09:35 PM)
Today tried Dior sauvage oud ..haha. wore 3 spraysof dior sauvage with a drop of pure oud oil behid the ears each. To me every fragrance could be an oud fragrance. Just need to get yourself a good pure oud oil. Make sure to buy from a experienced/knowledgable seller/source because these oud oils could come in bad batches to (such as contamination by other type of wood that look similar like agar wood during processing).

The smell is something im not comfortable with haha.  i could smell the oud all the time but sauvage is something that comes and go. when i get whiffs of sauvage and it molds with the oud scent. It smells like sour ....oranges with woody herbal kinda tone to it. Hmmm.. not sure about this. Next one ill try with something sweeter just to counter the skankines of this oud.
Sauvage with oud? That is some bold experiment😅
+Quote Post
peakaboo99
post Sep 23 2017, 07:20 PM

Eros or Dylan Blue

pls suggest
Lol i would go with dylan blue because of its versatility
+Quote Post
peakaboo99
post Sep 23 2017, 07:27 PM

QUOTE(AnsonKC @ Sep 23 2017, 11:54 AM)
tried dior sauvage very cool spray. i prefer the opening more than the orginal sauvage. drydown is similar and performance is similar as well. comes in highly durable bottle and cheaper price.
How much? Looks like a high end body spray to me. Dunno if its justified to spend even if its cheaper🤔
+Quote Post
Elinoir
post Sep 24 2017, 12:14 AM

QUOTE(peakaboo99 @ Sep 23 2017, 07:27 PM)
How much? Looks like a high end body spray to me. Dunno if its justified to spend even if its cheaper🤔
from the looks yup.. im not into it either. deodorant bangsawan. However...from the smell and performance side i'm loving it. everytime i pass by a dior counter the cool spray is something that i always try on. the sprayer is AMAAZIING and the best part is...it really gives you that cooling/refreshing effect. great for the gym or any kind of post workout . One quick push on the spray of this gives you alot of juice..feels like 3 sprays from the normal sauvage. if i have this, definitely would put this in my cycling bag and use it to freshen up after a long ride. normally we all damn masam when finish and lepak at kedai makan hahaa. because of the looks i tend to see it as a body spray but its still is an edt concentration like the normal sauvage ( a little different in note composition i think) with great performance ( for longevity i got same as normal sauvage and a few times i felt it tend to last a bit longer ) i do see the practicality and function of this design. tough and durable for the guy with an active/busy/on the go lifestyle. faster application than the normal sprayer. Honestly you could just spray this for one second or maybe less starting from your neck and pulling the mist down to the body and you're good to go. just throw it back inside your bag or wherever right (^^)

still i wont buy it. already have the normal one and im content with that. jeremy fragrance did an experiment on the sauvage cool spray where he sprayed himself non stop with it to see how long does the spray last. i think it was about 1 minute untill the spray gave out.

This post has been edited by Elinoir: Sep 24 2017, 11:46 AM
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0653sec    2.16    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th September 2017 - 03:59 AM