post Mar 19 2015, 11:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,426 posts

This one...
SUSleonhart88
post Mar 19 2015, 11:25 PM

Regular
1,686 posts

QUOTE(Antzfield @ Mar 19 2015, 09:39 PM)
Haha... its sounds funny to read using helmet, but sadly, it's true  cry.gif

That's why there are so many self imposed guarded area and G & G or F & G mushrooming everywhere.
They use motorcycle can cheat the guards la
Antzfield
post Mar 20 2015, 07:47 AM

Casual
496 posts

QUOTE(leonhart88 @ Mar 19 2015, 11:25 PM)
They use motorcycle can cheat the guards la
Now they upgrade liao, comes with luxury cars. smile.gif

Seriously, once they targeted a house, they will break in by all means.

Guarded area only serves as an extra layer of security, only to deter but difficult to prevent. What to do, this is life.
SUSleonhart88
post Mar 20 2015, 10:36 AM

Regular
1,686 posts

QUOTE(Antzfield @ Mar 20 2015, 07:47 AM)
Now they upgrade liao, comes with luxury cars. smile.gif

Seriously, once they targeted a house, they will break in by all means.

Guarded area only serves as an extra layer of security, only to deter but difficult to prevent. What to do, this is life.
House without grills are prone
Antzfield
post Mar 20 2015, 11:37 AM

Casual
496 posts

QUOTE(leonhart88 @ Mar 20 2015, 10:36 AM)
Fully agreed. Sometimes, you feel you are "naked" where you are staying in those G&G environment, without gate and grill brows.gif

My friend kena sometimes back where the intruder used special glass cutting tools to cut open the window.
weikee
post Mar 20 2015, 12:51 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(Antzfield @ Mar 20 2015, 11:37 AM)
Fully agreed. Sometimes, you feel you are "naked" where you are staying in those G&G environment, without gate and grill  brows.gif

My friend kena sometimes back where the intruder used special glass cutting tools to cut open the window.
Ninja stone will do the trick, just the bang sound are loud.
ozak
post Mar 20 2015, 03:25 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(leonhart88 @ Mar 20 2015, 10:36 AM)
I have window change. But didn't install back the grill.
TSSuziQ
post Mar 26 2015, 10:45 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

I've been too busy to check back on responses to my question, so it was a pleasant surprise indeed to see so many people coming in with their opinions! Thanks, everyone! smile.gif

I should clarify that I wasn't thinking about security when I asked this question, just convenience. Me lazy lah, don't want to have to use a key! I think I'll look into the Samsung keyless lock. And I'd want to install two, one on the grill door and one on the glass door. (Yes, I am VERY lazy....) From the website, I understand that all keyless locks, whether operated with fingerprints, cards or a number code, also have a manual option. And there is an emergency option that allows you to open the door quickly from the inside in case you need to leave the house if there's a fire or something. (To the thoughtful person who wondered about needing to get inside quickly because of an urgent need for the toilet -- I guess I have to risk wetting my pants! blush.gif )

I'll keep everyone posted on how it goes. Please do keep sharing experiences with these types of locks, and opinions, too -- it's what keeps this forum so interesting and useful!
idoblu
post Mar 26 2015, 11:05 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

SuziQ
For grills doors, only the Yale YDG323 would work
Others can be unlock by someone reaching thru your grill door to access the back of your lock

This post has been edited by idoblu: Mar 26 2015, 11:16 PM
TSSuziQ
post Mar 26 2015, 11:19 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Mar 26 2015, 11:05 PM)
SuziQ
For grills doors, only the Yale YDG323 would work
Others can be unlock by someone reaching thru your grill door to access the back of your lock
Oooh, good to know, @idoblu, thanks!
mghong
post Mar 27 2015, 11:34 PM

Casual
450 posts

wwo..this price Yale YDG323 is S599 , i saw at Korea drama most of them stay in apartment/condo will use this kind of lock , wonder is it cheaper to get it direct from korea hahahah (someone have to know korean and install the kit)
mango27
post Jun 2 2015, 01:08 AM

Enthusiast
960 posts

QUOTE(SuziQ @ Mar 26 2015, 10:45 PM)
I've been too busy to check back on responses to my question, so it was a pleasant surprise indeed to see so many people coming in with their opinions! Thanks, everyone!  smile.gif

I should clarify that I wasn't thinking about security when I asked this question, just convenience. Me lazy lah, don't want to have to use a key! I think I'll look into the Samsung keyless lock. And I'd want to install two, one on the grill door and one on the glass door. (Yes, I am VERY lazy....) From the website, I understand that all keyless locks, whether operated with fingerprints, cards or a number code, also have a manual option. And there is an emergency option that allows you to open the door quickly from the inside in case you need to leave the house if there's a fire or something. (To the thoughtful person who wondered about needing to get inside quickly because of an urgent need for the toilet -- I guess I have to risk wetting my pants!  blush.gif )

I'll keep everyone posted on how it goes. Please do keep sharing experiences with these types of locks, and opinions, too -- it's what keeps this forum so interesting and useful!
no update since? have you installed and started using already?

i am curious to know as well... planning to get it for convenience as well... hope to get some review from ppl who are using it...
Deznom
post Jun 2 2015, 05:38 PM

Casual
356 posts

me too.. interested.. but unsure as if I get the door done.. then the grill also?

if not, it really defeats the purpose
S'aimer
post Jun 2 2015, 07:46 PM

On my way
637 posts

If for convenience, then you can forget about installing grill door and pray that the thieves won't try to break the lock and force entry also.

The whole point is.. If you aim to deter thieves then having a combination of key locks and keyless locks might be useful since keyless locks will sound alarm upon forced entry. Imagine the thief tries to break the keyless lock on grill door first before trying the main lock, the alarm will sound 1st. That will deter the robbers looking for a fast attempt to enter and take in a beat. Thus is to slow down their attempts and it won't be 100% deterrent if the robber/thief is very determined.

The downside is..you need to carry around a spare 9v battery around in case the batteries in the lock dies and you need to jumpstart the lock with the 9v battery and another disadvantage i rather not mention here for good reason.
weikee
post Jun 2 2015, 08:18 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(S'aimer @ Jun 2 2015, 07:46 PM)
If for convenience, then you can forget about installing grill door and pray that the thieves won't try to break the lock and force entry also.

The whole point is.. If you aim to deter thieves then having a combination of key locks and keyless locks might be useful since keyless locks will sound alarm upon forced entry. Imagine the thief tries to break the keyless lock on grill door first before trying the main lock, the alarm will sound 1st. That will deter the robbers looking for a fast attempt to enter and take in a beat. Thus is to slow down their attempts and it won't be 100% deterrent if the robber/thief is very determined.

The downside is..you need to carry around a spare 9v battery around in case the batteries in the lock dies and you need to jumpstart the lock with the 9v battery and another disadvantage i rather not mention here for good reason.
Tak perlu la, my ezon also running ok, it give beeping when battery low. Only than change battery.
S'aimer
post Jun 2 2015, 08:30 PM

On my way
637 posts

I know got warning sound when battery is low.

But sometimes it is human tendency to forget to buy batteries on the way back. Lol. Might as well keep a 9v battery somewhere else on you.

QUOTE(weikee @ Jun 2 2015, 09:18 PM)
Tak perlu la, my ezon also running ok,  it give beeping when battery low. Only than change battery.
weikee
post Jun 2 2015, 08:45 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(S'aimer @ Jun 2 2015, 08:30 PM)
I know got warning sound when battery is low.

But sometimes it is human tendency to forget to buy batteries on the way back. Lol.  Might as well keep a 9v battery somewhere else on you.
No need la, it buzz for many days furthermore I got many spare AA.sometime 9v also hard to get.
idoblu
post Jun 2 2015, 09:22 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Jun 2 2015, 08:45 PM)
No need la, it buzz for many days furthermore I got many spare AA.sometime 9v also hard to get.
Got spare no use if you can't open the door to change it
Still need a 9v to jump open ma biggrin.gif
Just use your Smart Tag 9v lo
weikee
post Jun 2 2015, 09:30 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jun 2 2015, 09:22 PM)
Got spare no use if you can't open the door to change it
Still need a 9v to jump open ma biggrin.gif
Just use your Smart Tag 9v lo
No need la, I even have the key for spare in my car.
ozak
post Jun 2 2015, 09:47 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

Aiyah, got easy way lah. I teach you guys. --> https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=74671247

Thanks me later. He.....

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0159sec    0.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:42 PM