Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Nintendo Switch Official Thread, *Switched*

nill
post Today, 01:32 PM
Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

dx_treme, you will use what to charge the powerbank?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dx_treme
post Today, 02:12 PM
Getting Started

QUOTE(nill @ Mar 30 2017, 01:32 PM)
dx_treme, you will use what to charge the powerbank?
now change using my samsung head charger, but use the powerbank cable.... maybe later will use switch chager to charge this powerbank
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
greyshadow
post Today, 02:24 PM
I bleed it out, Diggin' deeper just to throw it away!
Group: Senior Member

very soon in near future everyone will be carrying around a mini nuclear reactor laugh.gif
+Quote Post
LEO1989
post Today, 02:26 PM
Casual

imagine 10 guys carrying a 20000mah into an airplane, then they pass to a single guy.
+Quote Post
nill
post Today, 02:30 PM
Getting Started

QUOTE(greyshadow @ Mar 30 2017, 02:24 PM)
very soon in near future everyone will be carrying around a mini nuclear reactor laugh.gif

cannot do anything because battery tech didn't improve. If New Switch comes out at 2020, probably will have zero improvement in battery life.
+Quote Post
emy_xvidia
post Today, 02:45 PM
Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(LEO1989 @ Mar 30 2017, 02:26 PM)
imagine 10 guys carrying a 20000mah into an airplane, then they pass to a single guy.
Lol what are you trying to imply here? Dont create unnecessary fear out of nothing.

This post has been edited by emy_xvidia: Today, 02:46 PM
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
stringfellow
post Today, 03:04 PM
Ultrawide | 4K | VR

QUOTE(nill @ Mar 30 2017, 01:03 PM)
stringfellow, can i use the Switch power adapter to chargeĀ  Xiaomi QB820?
Yes, you can. And it'll fast-charge it too. Only thing is, I'm not gonna meddle with plugging and unplugging the Switch charger off the dock, since my dock is already settled in into the entertainment cabinet.

QUOTE(greyshadow @ Mar 30 2017, 02:24 PM)
QUOTE(LEO1989 @ Mar 30 2017, 02:26 PM)
People are already doing that NOW with their mobile phones. 300 seats in the plane, 300 mobile phones, tablets, laptops, portable game consoles. Imagine that. rolleyes.gif

And what's worse, those with laptops have lithium ion batteries in the Watthour capacity, NOT milliAmpHour like powerbanks. Why aren't people imagining more horrible things about laptop batteries? Because they're properly manufactured/assembled/quality controlled? Well then, the responsibility also rests on the same consumer who cared so much about laptop batteries to adhere to the same quality standards about their powerbanks too. Mentalities are not gonna change, people who cheap out on powerbanks will be cheaping out on laptops with shoddy batteries too. Which one is scarier, I imagine?

A battery isn't volatile when properly assembled and manufactured. Someone carrying a single stick of match into the plane is more dangerous than 300 properly assembled and manufactured powerbanks. OR a poorly manufactured USB cable that overheats plugged into the USB ports on the airplane seat. OR a cheap China-branded knockoff wireless headphones with batteries that blows up in the cabin. Google them up, these are not "what if" scenarios, it has happened before.

This post has been edited by stringfellow: Today, 03:15 PM
+Quote Post
stringfellow
post Today, 03:09 PM
Ultrawide | 4K | VR

QUOTE(nill @ Mar 30 2017, 02:30 PM)
cannot do anything because battery tech didn't improve. If New Switch comes out at 2020, probably will have zero improvement in battery life.
Battery tech has improved, just that people aren't willing to spend on them. Hydrogen fuel cell, for example. It's been possible since 2015.. But of course, since there's more ignorant people doing all the checking at airports (TSA agents and airport staff) in fear of the unknown like these hydrogen fuel cell, they're more likely to ban them from being brought on board (in their minds, and the minds of ignorant passengers, "hydrogen fuel cell" sounds too much like hydrogen bombs and fuel for terrorist, than a simple power source).

This post has been edited by stringfellow: Today, 03:10 PM
+Quote Post
nill
post Today, 03:23 PM
Getting Started

Just skimmed through a little, and seems like it need to refill. Probably a good thing for consumer if the refills are found everywhere.
+Quote Post
greyshadow
post Today, 03:27 PM
I bleed it out, Diggin' deeper just to throw it away!

QUOTE(stringfellow @ Mar 30 2017, 03:04 PM)
Someone carrying a single stick of match into the plane is more dangerous than 300 properly assembled and manufactured powerbanks.
which reminds me, I was travelling on multiple flights with a mini match box tucked under my frequent travelling bag, forgotten.
Only found out till I clear out my bag for cleaning few weeks ago, I was shocked how the airport security check never found it or stopped me all these while
I can easily light a match on a flight, and cause a cabin fire since there are sooooo many easily flammable objects in a plane as well, especially those ladies with excessive sprays on their hair devil.gif

+Quote Post
stringfellow
post Today, 03:27 PM
Ultrawide | 4K | VR

Like your car. Hence , "fuel cell".

And just like new technology, who's willing to testdrive other than early adopters? EArly adopters who will face the growing pains and difficulty using this. Just like the growing pains of electric car users finding top-up electric stations for their own car "powerbanks".

Point is, people wont get on board until it's widespread. Majority will take the "wait and see" approach, because nobody wants to spend to be an early adopter. If that's the case, they can't complain about "battery tech not improving", the options are there, they're just not willing to spend on it. Myself included. Only that in my case, I'm not willing to spend on it, but I'm aware that there are other options available.
+Quote Post
stringfellow
post Today, 03:33 PM
Ultrawide | 4K | VR

QUOTE(greyshadow @ Mar 30 2017, 03:27 PM)
which reminds me, I was travelling on multiple flights with a mini match box tucked under my frequent travelling bag, forgotten.
Only found out till I clear out my bag for cleaning few weeks ago, I was shocked how the airport security check never found it or stopped me all these while
I can easily light a match on a flight, and cause a cabin fire since there are sooooo many easily flammable objects in a plane as well, especially those ladies with excessive sprays on their hair  devil.gif
They probably dont care. The danger is NOT while you're carrying it on your person IN the cabin, the danger is you placing it IN your check-in luggage IN the cargo hold. That's why they're not allowing batteries checked-in into your luggage but allowing it in your hand-carried bag into the cabin. You lighting it in the cabin, will have the rest of the 300 passengers fearing for their lives in the cabin wrestling you immobile for endangering their lives. That's the rationale for that allowance.

You light a match in cabin, there's vigilant eyes that'll catch you doing it and smack your head upside down for it. An accidentally light match in the cargo hold, the fire extinguisher squibs can do its job putting out the fire, but it's not like we flood the entire cargo hold with fire extinguisher foam, fire will still be dormant and pose a hazard to the plane.
+Quote Post
nill
post Today, 04:14 PM
Getting Started

QUOTE(stringfellow @ Mar 30 2017, 03:27 PM)
Like your car. Hence , "fuel cell".

And just like new technology, who's willing to testdrive other than early adopters? EArly adopters who will face the growing pains and difficulty using this. Just like the growing pains of electric car users finding top-up electric stations for their own car "powerbanks".

Point is, people wont get on board until it's widespread. Majority will take the "wait and see" approach, because nobody wants to spend to be an early adopter. If that's the case, they can't complain about "battery tech not improving", the options are there, they're just not willing to spend on it. Myself included. Only that in my case, I'm not willing to spend on it, but I'm aware that there are other options available.

I doubt any manufacturer want to be the first to announce: My phone/tablet/laptop can last for days without charging but now you have to pay $$ to refill the fuel every week. Without our fuel, our phone/tablet/laptop is a piece of brick.

Is fuel cell refills cheap?

This post has been edited by nill: Today, 04:17 PM
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0790sec    6.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 30th March 2017 - 04:52 PM