Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

just bought new iphone 6, and there's issue :(

views

rtoforever
post Mar 30 2015, 10:01 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

So what's the shop name ? Mind to snap picture and post it here so we all can aware ?
Bombgen
post Mar 30 2015, 10:40 PM

Enthusiast
961 posts

yeah went to lowyat today, dont know why i dont like all the seller, seems so suspicious haha..if can just avoid lowyat if want buy phone, pc parts is fine tho
aregip
post Mar 31 2015, 12:17 AM

Getting Started
164 posts

Hye guys..! Just want to share a story with u all.. My officemate got CONNED and become another victims today.. He bought a used set of iPhone 5s without noticed he been CONNED until I discovered it..

The story is like this.. Today he show me the iPhone 5s 32GB that he just bought last saturday.. He said that he bought at price RM 1,500 after trade in his Samsung SII.. I feel weird.. Then when I'm asking the warranty, he said 1 year International Warranty.. Ok.. I asking again the what IOS running in his Iphone, he said when he buy it the IOS is 8.1.2.. Suppose iPhone 5s with IOS 7, only iPhone 6 will come with IOS 8.. Feel weird again... That i asked where he buy, he said at LOWYAT.. Oh my God, is that my friend will become a victims to CONMAN..??

After i check the warranty of his handphone, WARRANTY EXPIRED..!! So confirmed my friend become one of the victims.. I checked the screen, the color got some unbalance at edge of the phone.. The simcard slot not firmed and got a gap..

I already advised him to bring the phone to the seller.. Print the warranty expired or print screen and ahow to them.. He totally sad today after encounter this problem.. I already told him to read the articles in Lowyat Forum that shared by forumer, but he dont do that..

My point is, how we can help people outside there to not become a victims of the CONNED people??
SUSfreeman1
post Mar 31 2015, 12:21 AM

On my way
525 posts

But, u still not yet tell the shop name, may be u are making story only...
aregip
post Mar 31 2015, 12:30 AM

Getting Started
164 posts

I'm not creating a story bro.. Its happened to my officemate.. He also didnt expect it happened to him.. I encounter this issue when he show to me the set this lunch hour..Later, i will ask him.. He also cannot remember the shop's name.. Later i try to get the copy of the receipt and show it here..
vez
post Mar 31 2015, 12:35 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,396 posts

QUOTE(freeman1 @ Mar 31 2015, 12:21 AM)
he not topic starter lol, what you mean by still not yet

you think people so free post story -.-"

are you work at lowyat plaza haha
SirRieq
post Mar 31 2015, 12:43 AM

Junior Baby
1,633 posts

If u read all the post, u will find the shop name.. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by SirRieq: Mar 31 2015, 12:45 AM
aregip
post Mar 31 2015, 12:44 AM

Getting Started
164 posts

Hahaha.. I think he maybe mata-mata of the Lowyat Plaza seller.. There is no point I create a story, I also dont have much time to type in my phone.. Better go for sleep.. What I'm sharing is it really happened to my officemate.. I'm also sad how come got seller like this.. Always conned people.. I try my best to get the pic of the receipt and share with u all..
aregip
post Mar 31 2015, 12:46 AM

Getting Started
164 posts

Bro SirRieq, I'm not sure whether it is the same shop.. If same then we can avoid the shop.. But if another shop, maybe we can start stop buying gadget at Lowyat Plaza..
winkiedilwy
post Mar 31 2015, 07:39 AM

Imma farting carrots.
2,343 posts

ni dari gerai berapa
THTgadgets.com
post Mar 31 2015, 10:57 AM

Bigger than Bigger
5,005 posts

QUOTE(aregip @ Mar 31 2015, 12:17 AM)
Hye guys..! Just want to share a story with u all.. My officemate got CONNED and become another victims today.. He bought a used set of iPhone 5s without noticed he been CONNED until I discovered it..

The story is like this.. Today he show me the iPhone 5s 32GB that he just bought last saturday.. He said that he bought at price RM 1,500 after trade in his Samsung SII.. I feel weird.. Then when I'm asking the warranty, he said 1 year International Warranty.. Ok.. I asking again the what IOS running in his Iphone, he said when he buy it the IOS is 8.1.2.. Suppose iPhone 5s with IOS 7, only iPhone 6 will come with IOS 8.. Feel weird again... That i asked where he buy, he said at LOWYAT.. Oh my God, is that my friend will become a victims to CONMAN..??

After i check the warranty of his handphone, WARRANTY EXPIRED..!! So confirmed my friend become one of the victims.. I checked the screen, the color got some unbalance at edge of the phone.. The simcard slot not firmed and got a gap..

I already advised him to bring the phone to the seller.. Print the warranty expired or print screen and ahow to them.. He totally sad today after encounter this problem.. I already told him to read the articles in Lowyat Forum that shared by forumer, but he dont do that..

My point is, how we can help people outside there to not become a victims of the CONNED people??
Just spread the word around and better still, state the name of the shop so that those of us here on LYN will know who to avoid, when it comes to buying phones - new or used. And always remember to buy branded phones from the authorized resellers (e.g. Machines, Mac City, Mac Studio, Harvey Norman, or the many real Samsung / Lenovo / LG / Xiaomi / etc. dealers in town) instead of some of those jokers running small kiosks in major malls in Greater KL! thumbup.gif

As for your friend, tell him to get in touch with the Consumer Tribunal and speak to them about his case. They'll definitely take it up and see what action to take from there on! icon_rolleyes.gif
faiz293
post Mar 31 2015, 11:05 AM

Working from Home
618 posts

Sorry for all yang kena conned here. For me, I never trust all the small small shop. It's better to buy a used set than a recond set. Particularly for an iphone, a phone that is more exp than a laptop. Let's buy from an authorized dealer.

And let's spread the word about the shop!
MeToo
post Mar 31 2015, 11:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

TS is a doormat...

KENA con so many times and kena pijak like that he still everything ok..

STarting to think he just dont dare to confront seller... dunno he scared what.. worry kena pukul meh?

Its victim like these that the scammer continue preying on other victims.. since these doormats dont dare to do anything and just swallow every crap the scammers spew out
THTgadgets.com
post Mar 31 2015, 11:20 AM

Bigger than Bigger
5,005 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Mar 31 2015, 11:10 AM)
TS is a doormat...

KENA con so many times and kena pijak like that he still everything ok..

STarting to think he just dont dare to confront seller... dunno he scared what.. worry kena pukul meh?

Its victim like these that the scammer continue preying on other victims.. since these doormats dont dare to do anything and just swallow every crap the scammers spew out
That's why I hope he has spoken to the Consumer Tribunal about his case. They will surely look into it seriously, since it's like a form of cheating, and hopefully take the necessary action on the rogue seller!

6 Pages « < 4 5 6Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0214sec    0.29    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:39 AM