Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Autocount help!

views

TSsarahdee
post Mar 14 2015, 10:00 AM, updated 9y ago

Getting Started
171 posts

Purchased Autocount software from a dealer. Software is okay, but the dealer was very mouthy when I asked her a simple question the day after installation. Insisted i pay for after sales care blah blah blah. I said "NO" , she didn't help me and that was that. My question is.. why do they only give you a temp 3 month license??? Why can't they provide you with a permanent license a few days after installation. When should i start getting worried??
rayz2003
post Mar 14 2015, 10:07 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

the last time i bought the software, they also give me a temporary license. just keep on calling them up for the perma code. and they provide me with the code in 2 weeks time.
TSsarahdee
post Mar 14 2015, 04:33 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(rayz2003 @ Mar 14 2015, 10:07 AM)
the last time i bought the software, they also give me a temporary license. just keep on calling them up for the perma code. and they provide me with the code in 2 weeks time.
Thanks , will try that.
davewave
post Mar 17 2015, 02:35 PM

Getting Started
79 posts

QUOTE(sarahdee @ Mar 14 2015, 10:00 AM)
Purchased Autocount software from a dealer. Software is okay, but the dealer was very mouthy when I asked her a simple question the day after installation. Insisted i pay for after sales care blah blah blah. I said "NO" , she didn't help me and that was that. My question is.. why do they only give you a temp 3 month license??? Why can't they provide you with a permanent license a few days after installation. When should i start getting worried??
I've just started using this software. A bit difficult looking for support resources. The company's forum is dead too. Anywhere we could get technical help on this? Thanks...
TSsarahdee
post Mar 20 2015, 07:50 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(davewave @ Mar 17 2015, 02:35 PM)
I've just started using this software. A bit difficult looking for support resources. The company's forum is dead too. Anywhere we could get technical help on this? Thanks...
I agree. I've read the online manual and it has helped some. If you need help just ask me. Will try and help. My system is up and running now.

This post has been edited by sarahdee: Mar 20 2015, 07:51 AM
qurifiafa
post Mar 21 2015, 10:26 AM

2 posts

A drill sergeant ordered two young female recruits to paint a room in the barracks, stressing that they do not get any paint on their uniforms. Doubtful they could avoid ruining their clothes, the women locked the door, stripped naked and painted in nude. After about an hour they heard a knock at the door."Who is it?" asked one of the women."Blind man," came the reply."Seeing no harm in letting a blind man in, they opened the door."Wow, what knockouts!" the man said with surprise. "Now, where do you want there blinds?"

A drill sergeant ordered two young female recruits to paint a room in the barracks, stressing that they do not get any paint on their uniforms. Doubtful they could avoid ruining their clothes, the women locked the door, stripped naked and painted in nude. After about an hour they heard a knock at the door."Who is it?" asked one of the women."Blind man," came the reply."Seeing no harm in letting a blind man in, they opened the door."Wow, what knockouts!" the man said with surprise. "Now, where do you want there blinds?"

uremy
post Mar 21 2015, 02:36 PM

5 posts

Hello All - Glad that I found this site.
I think we have the same AutoCount dealer. Whenever I check on something, they will tell me "It will cost RM200 to do it".

The Software comes with pre-design doc but they are lacking of alot of information.
Now, I finally learned how to re-design the documents (in AutoCount Report Designer), but I am getting an error message.

"OBJECT REFERENCE NOT SET TO AN INSTANT OF AN OBJECT".

I called my dealer and he told me it will cost RM200 to check on this problem.
I went back to original doc, it already have this error when you PREVIEW.
Now, I am not able to print both TAX DO and TAX INVOICE.

Can someone help?

P/S: Do anyone have the original AutoCount Company - I think I need to raise this RM200 charges to AutoCount. Why I pay RM1000 for the support services when they are still going to charge RM200 for everything I request for?

TKS ALOT.
TSsarahdee
post Mar 23 2015, 04:24 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(uremy @ Mar 21 2015, 02:36 PM)
Hello All - Glad that I found this site.
I think we have the same AutoCount dealer.  Whenever I check on something, they will tell me "It will cost RM200 to do it".

The Software comes with pre-design doc but they are lacking of alot of information.
Now, I finally learned how to re-design the documents (in AutoCount Report Designer), but I am getting an error message.

"OBJECT REFERENCE NOT SET TO AN INSTANT OF AN OBJECT".

I called my dealer and he told me it will cost RM200 to check on this problem.
I went back to original doc, it already have this error when you PREVIEW.
Now, I am not able to print both TAX DO and TAX INVOICE.

Can someone help?

P/S: Do anyone have the original AutoCount Company - I think I need to raise this RM200 charges to AutoCount.  Why I pay RM1000 for the support services when they are still going to charge RM200 for everything I request for?

TKS ALOT.
Have you learned to save the new report? Just click "save as" and type a new name to save the new design. I have had that error message before. Which means somewhere in your reference is not matching one of the side labels. Maybe you can screen shot it ? Who sold you your software? I didn't bother paying the 1000 support service. I had a feeling it was a set up. I think the easiest way to solve your problem is to insert labels ( rename them) and then move the main data under those labels where appropriate. I found that works easiest for me. Also did you update your software last week? That could be the problem too.

Update_ that error message was resolved by backing up the files, and exiting the software, and re logging in.

This post has been edited by sarahdee: Mar 25 2015, 12:02 PM
jskhor77
post Mar 26 2015, 05:02 PM

7 posts

Wau......it seems that the Autocount service will be similar to UBS where every question you ask will be reply by the same answer....RM200......zzz......Currently using UBS accounting, considering to buy Autocount but it seems backup service sucks. What to do.........sad.gif
TSsarahdee
post Mar 28 2015, 07:17 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(jskhor77 @ Mar 26 2015, 05:02 PM)
Wau......it seems that the Autocount service will be similar to UBS where every question you ask will be reply by the same answer....RM200......zzz......Currently using UBS accounting, considering to buy Autocount but it seems backup service sucks. What to do.........sad.gif
I think if you read the manual and have a week or two free to set up everything yourself "without needing their help" it should be fine. But i do think Autocount is extremely user friendly.

jskhor77
post Mar 29 2015, 12:09 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(sarahdee @ Mar 28 2015, 07:17 AM)
I think if you read the manual and have a week or two free to set up everything yourself "without needing their help" it should be fine. But i do think Autocount is extremely user friendly.
IC, Ok will change my accounting software to AutoCount.

jskhor77
post Apr 4 2015, 05:19 PM

7 posts

Ok as aspected, just bought Autocount Accouting software and they came and install. Just found out that they give temporary license 3 month zzzzzz.... going to burn down their office.......>:) since their office is near to mine >:).

davewave
post Apr 5 2015, 04:56 PM

Getting Started
79 posts

QUOTE(jskhor77 @ Apr 4 2015, 05:19 PM)
Ok as aspected, just bought Autocount Accouting software and they came and install. Just found out that they give temporary license 3 month zzzzzz.... going to burn down their office.......>:) since their office is near to mine >:).
jiayou! rclxms.gif
TSsarahdee
post Apr 10 2015, 01:00 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(jskhor77 @ Apr 4 2015, 05:19 PM)
Just do what I did,
Send an email and call until they give you the permanent license. I got mine 2 weeks ago. But to be honest, besides their shitty service, I'm really enjoying the software. I've always hated accounting, but this software makes it somewhat bearable. It's less complicated!! But I do wish they set up a proper help center!
froz3nnoob
post Apr 14 2015, 09:05 PM

Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the tr
806 posts

QUOTE(sarahdee @ Apr 10 2015, 02:00 PM)
Just do what I did,
Send an email and call until they give you the permanent license. I got mine 2 weeks ago. But to be honest, besides their shitty service, I'm really enjoying the software. I've always hated accounting, but this software makes it somewhat bearable. It's less complicated!! But I do wish they set up a proper help center!
Well ipoh dealer is way better smile.gif whenever i call he will pick up and use team viewer to solve to me through phone... easy tongue.gif not much problem with autocount ..
Aquariel
post Apr 14 2015, 10:11 PM

26 posts

There's a FB Group called "AutoCount User", should be helpful.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1624833341071001/
jskhor77
post Apr 19 2015, 10:20 AM

7 posts

Have contacted seller, still waiting for perm license but at least the backup service is good. Every time call they will pick up the phone and answer while using Teamviewer to help solving accounting software problem while teaching us smile.gif.
glorededijon
post Jun 16 2016, 05:40 PM

1 posts

Hello,
I am using autocount ver 1.8. I just started opening a new account book for 2016. But before that i logged in to my 2015 book and edited the fiscal year. After that, i tried opening the 2016, an error message came out.
Can someone please help me. I called my dealer and he has said i have to subscribe for support help which costs money. Please help me sad.gif
SUSgsem984
post Jun 21 2016, 11:29 AM

Getting Started
216 posts

is this the biggest accounting software used in Malaysia?
TrialUserXP
post Jun 25 2016, 12:21 PM

Enthusiast
725 posts

autocount stop providing latest installer from their support portal since early this year. users need to turn to their dealer. hmm...

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0154sec    0.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:23 PM