Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> How much can you earn as Uber driver?

views

netcruiser111
post Mar 13 2015, 11:13 PM, updated 6y ago

1 posts

Anyone here work as Uber driver? I am interested to work part time as Uber driver and wonder how much you can really earn per hour. Please share earning / hr and any challenges.

Thanks. smile.gif

This post has been edited by netcruiser111: Mar 13 2015, 11:13 PM
Human10
post Mar 13 2015, 11:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,774 posts

You will get called pervert sex maniac if you call your customers "dear"
monkeybar
post Mar 13 2015, 11:16 PM

On my way
555 posts

QUOTE(Human10 @ Mar 13 2015, 11:14 PM)
Call "Daling" nextime!
if u call "aunty" will get Fire! or Not?1
adolph
post Mar 13 2015, 11:19 PM

Hail the hitler
832 posts

QUOTE(Human10 @ Mar 13 2015, 11:14 PM)
haha.. let me share the news about this uber case first.
annoymous1234
post Mar 13 2015, 11:20 PM

✔ SAFE TRADER
5,837 posts

3.2k one time. if u fetch 3 times can reach 10k. my friend 1 month 30 something fetch. crazy

This post has been edited by annoymous1234: Mar 13 2015, 11:21 PM
[+]
post Mar 13 2015, 11:22 PM

Regular
1,935 posts

can work only weekend?
adolph
post Mar 13 2015, 11:22 PM

Hail the hitler
832 posts

QUOTE(netcruiser111 @ Mar 13 2015, 11:13 PM)
Anyone here work as Uber driver? I am interested to work part time as Uber driver and wonder how much you can really earn per hour. Please share earning / hr and any challenges.

Thanks.  smile.gif
In US, Chicago (Reuters) - For the second time in just over two weeks, Chicago-area prosecutors have charged a driver for the ride-sharing company Uber with sexually assaulting a passenger. Adnan Nafasat, 46, was driving for Uber when the alleged assault happened on July 31, Lisa Gordon, a spokeswoman for the Cook County State's Attorney's office, said on Thursday. Gordon said Nafasat asked the 21-year-old male passenger to sit in the front seat because the back seat was broken.

Nafasat, who Gordon said outweighed the passenger by 130 pounds, drove the man to an unfamiliar neighborhood. He grabbed him around the throat to keep him from leaving the car and tried to force man to commit a sexual act, Gordon said. The victim begged to be released and Nafasat drove him to the address he requested, Gordon said. Nafasat was charged on Wednesday with criminal sexual assault, unlawful restraint and kidnapping and will appear in court on Feb. 3. Gordon said Nafasat, who admitted to touching the victim through the victim's clothing and exposing himself, was ordered held on a $150,000 bond.

Uber spokeswoman Jennifer Mullin was not immediately available for comment. She told the Chicago Tribune that Nafasat was immediately removed when the incident came to light and the company was working with authorities. Another Uber driver was charged in late December with sexual assault following an attack on a female passenger. Neither of the drivers is still with Uber.

-----

India, Uber driver, a repeat sex offender, for rape in Delhi shatters sense of security
The arrest of an Uber driver for raping a young woman in Delhi has shaken the false sense of security that taxi apps have given. Anybody taking a traditional taxi or auto-rickshaw after hours in India would think twice, especially a woman alone. But cool new services like Uber with their smartphone apps and GPS-tracking have made many people lower their guard. You no longer worry about how to get home alone after a late night event or an evening out with friends. You can get an Uber in minutes; after all, the driver would have been vetted by an international company that has raised billions of dollars and has an image to maintain.

---

In MY, Uber being called as sex pervert when the driver text back with "hi dear".

--

netcruiser111
post Mar 13 2015, 11:36 PM

1 posts

bet non of you are Uber driver biggrin.gif
LingLingFat
post Mar 13 2015, 11:41 PM

Getting Started
204 posts

put cameras everywhere inside the passengers cabin
hailomar
post Mar 17 2015, 05:23 PM

6 posts

i'm sure in return, OP will find results/answers else where....and will deliver... he will...he must...

srsly though... the 'hi dear <smiley>' incident happened just a month ago... aside from the pervertary incidents that could happen from/to uber drivers (lets be clear it could happen both ways even if more to the former than the latter) this sounds like a good gig.. especially now more than ever that the GST is now shadowing upon us...

so OP.. if you're out there....finding some answsers in other forums or thread...or eventually trying the experience yourself..
......please deliver... we're counting on you..

This post has been edited by hailomar: Mar 17 2015, 05:32 PM
treblecase
post Mar 17 2015, 05:27 PM

IHI
702 posts

ayam more interested in the OLs & FS drool.gif
patienceGNR
post Mar 17 2015, 05:30 PM

♥ Ride All Day ♥
1,796 posts

QUOTE(LingLingFat @ Mar 13 2015, 11:41 PM)
put cameras everywhere inside the passengers cabin
Mmmm fake taxi.
Amuro_Ray
post Mar 17 2015, 05:33 PM

46 posts

hmm what requirement to be uber driver? must drive luxury cars?
hailomar
post Mar 19 2015, 03:26 PM

6 posts

Hmm.. since OP did not deliver... i have taken the initiative to try sign up.

This week, the uber guy said they have promotion of 20 trips = 500 cash bonus. This bonus is not the salary which will be paid to driver every week based on your trips. Its sort of like promo to encourage driver (or uber partners as they call it) to sign up. Also there's a referral program which if you sign your friend up, and he signed up using your referal code, after your buddy complete 10 trips, u make 100 bucks out of it as referal bonus..

Concern is whether after tolak petrol and all will i be making any money or significant margin from it ? hmm.. kena try la dulu kot...
beyond86
post Mar 24 2015, 10:52 PM

Regular
1,954 posts

i worked saturday for 6 hours & sunday for 4 hours.
i only got RM100 from Uber....
not yet deduct petrol & maintenance ....

so drive uber don't think can make more money
PVCpipe
post Mar 24 2015, 10:54 PM

custom made
1,362 posts

1 week can get rm1000
GreenSamurai
post Mar 24 2015, 11:29 PM

The Green One
1,991 posts

Imo uber is for people who are rich and got nbtd and just wanna find a hobby. Don't think they can make any money from it.
beyond86
post Mar 25 2015, 10:39 PM

Regular
1,954 posts

through Uber, can know and explore more places
dreamkiller
post May 20 2015, 09:26 AM

Getting Started
281 posts

i just sign up Uber last week. I do intent to make Uber as back up job within the transition period as I'm about to resign from my current job. Can't really comment for now as I drove Uber for hobby mainly to get to know places whilst getting some money.

I can tell so far during weekend Uber is in hot demand. Their marketing team has been aggressive in recruiting drivers and I can tell there's many of them now. Last night I drove to Sri Hartamas and there's like 15 drivers camping in that area alone.

I've got one trip nonetheless after 20 mins of waiting. A really cute girl but she's just form 4 girl who went out to date with her boyfriend. While I was sending her back home, her father scolded her on the phone for going at night.
rcracer
post May 20 2015, 09:28 AM

?????
3,580 posts

tip for uber drivers, discretion, the less passengers hear and feel u, the better

9 Pages  1 2 3 > » 
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0249sec    0.81    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th May 2020 - 01:00 AM