Accounting Software - Multiple Companies

views

TSmotodiary
post Mar 18 2015, 05:45 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(alien3d @ Mar 17 2015, 10:59 PM)
the most reason was
http://gst.customs.gov.my/en/gst/Pages/gst_hdw.aspx

As i said before, even i was a vendor also but i don't like .I'm considering culture shock.
you are under the false impression that all businesses under GST has a need forinventory or stock control. there are service industry, professional, entertainment industry etc that has no use for inventory management, GST or no GST. The input tax would be on the directly incurred expenses, which is not physical stock, and can be tracked using GL accounts with GST codes features without the need for stock management.

This post has been edited by motodiary: Mar 18 2015, 05:46 PM
alien3d
post Mar 18 2015, 06:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

QUOTE(motodiary @ Mar 18 2015, 05:45 PM)
you are under the false impression that all businesses under GST has a need forinventory or stock control. there are service industry, professional, entertainment industry etc that has no use for inventory management, GST or no GST. The input tax would be on the directly incurred expenses, which is not physical stock, and can be tracked using GL accounts with GST codes features without the need for stock management.
i never said anything about inventory or stock.. ? Business can be services or product.. that normal. so as bill .

E.g bill electric more then 200 xx something need to charge gst.. You receive it and key in purchase invoice screen...This purchase invoice screen nothin to transfer to fixed asset or inventory as it doesn't exist it just service.

Since it was claimable, you will sent to custom whatever form any thing related to custom.. that easy part..

But if custom seem it was devious, they might ask you to send GAF file(purchase /procurement module data ) ( it can be xml or text file ) to them for auditing purpose.. (This is scary part). So you need to have accrual accounting system instead of cash basis. In custom requirement, there's lack information upon how normal cash basis and for it's gaf file..

A normal accounting only have 4 module which are general ledger,cash or some call treasury , payable and receivable
A extra normal accounting might have inventory control(item for sales and sometimes consider term as like fifo ,lilo or whatever),fixed asset(item your buy but not for sales unless it was dispose)

A erp style accounting might have extra product costing, material costing and customization so so on..

** this erp also was call before mrp which are material resource planning..
** I'm not blaming you for lack of knowledge but i blaming government given culture shock .

TSmotodiary
post Mar 19 2015, 06:45 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(alien3d @ Mar 18 2015, 06:00 PM)
i never said anything about inventory or stock..  ? Business can be services or product.. that normal. so as bill .

E.g bill electric more then 200 xx something need to charge gst.. You receive it and key in purchase invoice screen...This purchase invoice screen nothin to transfer to fixed asset or inventory as it doesn't exist it just service.

Since it was claimable, you will sent to custom whatever form any thing related to custom..  that easy part..

But if custom seem it was devious, they might ask you to send GAF file(purchase /procurement  module data ) ( it can be xml  or text file )  to them for auditing purpose..  (This is scary part). So you need to have accrual accounting system instead of cash basis. In custom requirement, there's lack information upon how normal cash basis and for it's gaf file..

A  normal accounting  only have 4 module which are  general ledger,cash  or some call treasury , payable and receivable
A extra normal accounting might have inventory control(item for sales  and sometimes consider term as like fifo ,lilo or whatever),fixed asset(item your buy but not for sales unless it was dispose)

A erp style accounting might  have extra product costing, material costing and customization so so on.. 

** this erp also was call before mrp which are material resource planning..
** I'm not blaming you for lack of knowledge but i blaming government given culture shock .
yes. as long as accounting system is able to track Input/Output Tax and produce the GAF file, then it is adequate for GST reporting purpose.
that's why I still don't get where you are coming from when you keep on ranting about no accounting system packages for unlimited companies are possible now that they need to be GST compliant and the accounting need to be on accrual basis. MOST businesses have been doing their accounting on accrual basis since the beginning and in fact, that is the de facto basis for most businesses, although the option is open to use cash accounting in accounting principle. therefore, the fact that authority now expect it to be on accrual basis is irrelevant and a non-issue AND is never a factor to determine whether an accounting package can be made available to be used for unlimited companies. the availability of a certain accounting software for unlimited companies use is a business and marketing issue, not a technical GST implementation issue.
alien3d
post Mar 19 2015, 07:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

QUOTE(motodiary @ Mar 19 2015, 06:45 PM)
yes. as long as accounting system is able to track Input/Output Tax and produce the GAF file, then it is adequate for GST reporting purpose.
that's why I still don't get where you are coming from when you keep on ranting about no accounting system packages for unlimited companies are possible now that they need to be GST compliant and the accounting need to be on accrual basis. MOST businesses have been doing their accounting on accrual basis since the beginning and in fact, that is the de facto basis for most businesses, although the option is open to use cash accounting in accounting principle. therefore, the fact that authority now expect it to be on accrual basis is irrelevant and a non-issue AND is never a factor to determine whether an accounting package can be made available to be used for unlimited companies. the availability of a certain accounting software for unlimited companies use is a business and marketing issue, not a technical GST implementation issue.
i prefer not to talk much about it more.. better your talk with your accountant .. if you find one which stable and cheap good luck. that's all i can said for now. wub.gif
TSmotodiary
post Mar 19 2015, 07:09 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(alien3d @ Mar 19 2015, 07:02 PM)
i prefer not to talk much about it more..  better your talk with your accountant .. if you find one which stable and cheap good luck.  that's all i can said for now. wub.gif
I am the accountant. I find the reasoning behind your comment are made without proper basis.

This post has been edited by motodiary: Mar 19 2015, 07:10 PM
alien3d
post Mar 19 2015, 07:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

QUOTE(motodiary @ Mar 19 2015, 07:09 PM)
I am the accountant. I find the reasoning behind your comment are made without proper basis.
okay good luck also... wub.gif there's a lot vendor out there approved from custom.. I'm just one tiny vendor whom prefer talk the truth instead pushing customer buy me buy me. not me. sweat.gif
TSmotodiary
post Mar 19 2015, 07:18 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(alien3d @ Mar 19 2015, 07:13 PM)
okay good luck also...  wub.gif    there's a lot vendor out there approved from custom..  I'm just one tiny vendor whom prefer talk the truth instead pushing customer buy me buy me. not me. sweat.gif
I don't meant to cause offence and appreciate you taking the time to respond and comment.
alien3d
post Mar 19 2015, 07:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

QUOTE(motodiary @ Mar 19 2015, 07:18 PM)
I don't meant to cause offence and appreciate you taking the time to respond and comment.
no problem .. because i also heard the same thing from auditor,accountant. Some use ubs(mostly),myob(rare),emas(1 only),sun (big corp),ifca(everyday got complain doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif ),oracle e-business ( not complain but mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif ) same as sap.

Each complain and response are valuable to me .Sometimes good sometimes harsh.. it's normal for me. sweat.gif
TSmotodiary
post Mar 19 2015, 07:25 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(alien3d @ Mar 19 2015, 07:22 PM)
no problem .. because i also heard the same thing  from auditor,accountant.  Some use ubs(mostly),myob(rare),emas(1 only),sun (big corp),ifca(everyday got complain  doh.gif  doh.gif  doh.gif ),oracle e-business ( not complain but  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif ) same as sap.

Each complain and response are valuable to me .Sometimes good sometimes harsh.. it's normal for me. sweat.gif
do you mind elaborating on the nature of the problem and complaints ? some examples ?
alien3d
post Mar 19 2015, 07:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

QUOTE(motodiary @ Mar 19 2015, 07:25 PM)
do you mind elaborating on the nature of the problem and complaints ? some examples ?
would said first
1. multi company.When you create a multi company. you will duplicate everything which turn up increasing size of database and will slow down system. About gl part , you need to reconciled between set of general ledger main company and sub.. This part i prefer accountant talk themselves.

2. UBS slow upon using intranet when more then 5 user access a pc.. shakehead.gif. Ubs limit 5 company .. I dono what version since i just heard whatever my friend auditor complain to me. He ask me to hack so can enter many company. blush.gif

3. Bank Reconciliation . Malaysian bank don't give option to download excel version and just give pdf version ? User need to key in back in excel and rematch back ... it's totally waste of time..

4. Purchase Order Entry. This is most problem since a lot of invoices can come in a day.Some key in manual to excel and export to the system.
** If there was gst system alive and kick.You might ask vendor to create a copy of gaf electronic so can easy up and update to your system..

5. Purchase Order/Invoice Aging. Some don't knew which cheque to paid first or last.. Credit Term in invoices ? Some even set their term instead of using credit term in invoice received ? E.g gov. They just save the invoices and paid don't know when .. forget those 14 days kpi payment.

*** just some la.. whistling.gif
TSmotodiary
post Mar 19 2015, 07:56 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(alien3d @ Mar 19 2015, 07:37 PM)
would said  first
1. multi company.When you create a multi company. you will duplicate everything  which turn up increasing size of database and will slow down system. About gl part , you need to reconciled between set of general ledger main company and sub.. This part i prefer accountant talk themselves.

2. UBS slow upon using intranet  when  more then 5 user access a pc.. shakehead.gif. Ubs limit 5 company .. I dono  what version since i just heard whatever my friend auditor complain to me. He ask me to hack so can enter many company.  blush.gif

3. Bank Reconciliation  . Malaysian bank don't give option  to download  excel version and just give pdf version ? User need to key in back in excel and rematch back  ...  it's totally waste of time..

4. Purchase Order Entry.  This is most problem since  a lot of invoices can come  in a day.Some key in manual to excel and export  to the system.
** If there was gst system alive and kick.You might ask vendor to create a copy of gaf electronic so can easy up and update to your system..

5. Purchase Order/Invoice Aging. Some don't knew which cheque to paid first or last..  Credit Term in invoices ? Some even set their term instead of using credit term in invoice received ? E.g gov.  They just save the invoices and paid  don't know when .. forget those 14 days kpi payment.

*** just some  la..  whistling.gif
1. Now that you have brought this up, I can see how creating multiple companies in one package will give rise to ever-expanding size of the database. but wouldn't creating a separate database for each new company solve this problem?

2. It seem to me that your auditor friend has bought a package that is limited to 5 company and wanted to cheat by asking you to hack it to allow for unlimited companies, which would cost him more.

3. this is inflexibility of Msian banks and its quality of customer service and has nothing to do with quality of accounting packages.

4. this is an operational issue of the company and not related to quality of accounting packages.

5. another operational and internal control issue of the company.

alien3d
post Mar 19 2015, 08:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

QUOTE(motodiary @ Mar 19 2015, 07:56 PM)
1. Now that you have brought this up, I can see how creating multiple companies in one package will give rise to ever-expanding size of the database. but wouldn't creating a separate database for each new company solve this problem?

2. It seem to me that your auditor friend has bought a package that is limited to 5 company and wanted to cheat by asking you to hack it to allow for unlimited companies, which would cost him more.

3. this is inflexibility of Msian banks and its quality of customer service and has nothing to do with quality of accounting packages.

4. this is an operational issue of the company and not related to quality of accounting packages.

5. another operational and internal control issue of the company.
for 1 buy ssd disk for installation of your preference software. For big erp, please ask them to do raid and mirror database. For multi company which small transaction normal sata would do. If got transaction a lot, i suggest buy ssd disk before your client or your staff mad on you.System Slow.
** 10k raid also people complain slow nowdays. cry.gif

3. Yes, most outside accounting software already got functionality to download from web and auto reconciled with the system..

4. Yes, i'm dealing with people so you know what i do brows.gif

5. same as 4. brows.gif

cool.gif

Capchino82
post Mar 29 2015, 11:57 PM

Getting Started
143 posts

http://www.ncltec.com/

NCLtec Online Accounting Software GST COMPLIANT
Able to support multiple users .

1 user for Rm 1, 299 only
3 users for 1,799 only.

Free if you have GST-EVOUCHER for single users

Justin Ho 0102887976

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
TSmotodiary
post Mar 31 2015, 03:12 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(Capchino82 @ Mar 29 2015, 11:57 PM)

NCLtec Online Accounting Software GST COMPLIANT
Able to support multiple users .

1 user for Rm 1, 299 only
3 users for 1,799 only.

Free if you have GST-EVOUCHER for single users

Justin Ho 0102887976

can i confirm whether you mean "able to support multiple companies" as it doesnt make sense to state able to support multiple users and then at the subsequent paragrah, you quotes price for 1 user and 3 users packages.

This post has been edited by motodiary: Mar 31 2015, 03:21 PM
xstorm
post Apr 21 2016, 05:49 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

If you are still searching... give Bukku a try. We strive to be the best accounting software for Malaysia small businesses, besides accounting software, we team up with accounting firms to offer complete accounting & tax solutions at an affordable price tag.

Link:
Bukku | Accounting software & services for Malaysia

This post has been edited by xstorm: Jan 20 2020, 05:05 PM
shinzen90
post May 17 2016, 02:34 PM

Casual
318 posts

The latest technology and trend of accounting software is Window Based + Cloud. Maybe you can get more information from QNE:
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=3920882&hl=
Autocountstick
post May 17 2016, 02:36 PM

Casual
465 posts

SQL lo
ungka
post May 17 2016, 02:40 PM

Casual
494 posts

financio

This post has been edited by ungka: May 17 2016, 02:40 PM
Yong Atira
post Oct 7 2016, 07:17 PM

15 posts

QUOTE(motodiary @ Mar 13 2015, 11:12 PM)
Beside UBS, can anyone recommend a few other Msian accounting software that offer package that allow accounting for unlimited number of companies ? I have checked and both MYOB and AutoCount are priced based on a single or fixed number of companies, which isn't suitable for my purpose.

Appreciate those familiar with the industry to recommend a few as UBS accounting has a very lousy user interface. Thank you.
Reach Accounting Software is the best accounting software nowadays . We provide Accounting, POS, CRM & ERP for all kind of business .

To give you a gist on Reach, it is an Innovative web-based GST software which helps to automate your entire business. Unlike other desktop software it works online, so you can check business information even when you are out of office. It's a Cloud Technology with user access restrictions.

Key Modules:
Point Of Sales
Multi Branch Access
Consignment Sales
Inventory Module with BARCODE
Accounting Module
GST

Key Benefits:
Free Online server – Real Time data
Free daily Automatic SMS report to owners
Free Mobile App for the owners
User rights restriction
Multiple login
Access from any computer
Counter Management

Feel free to visit us at http://www.reachaccountant.my/ , live chat with us or you can also directly contact us at +6018-3888393/+60327145010 (Yong Atira) .

kelvin2009
post Nov 10 2018, 11:25 AM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(motodiary @ Mar 13 2015, 11:12 PM)
Beside UBS, can anyone recommend a few other Msian accounting software that offer package that allow accounting for unlimited number of companies ? I have checked and both MYOB and AutoCount are priced based on a single or fixed number of companies, which isn't suitable for my purpose.

Appreciate those familiar with the industry to recommend a few as UBS accounting has a very lousy user interface. Thank you.
QUOTE(k town shit @ Aug 10 2016, 11:38 AM)
It can be either QNE, Autocount, or SQL account.
I am a reseller carry all 3 accounting software below:

Pro:
QNE -In terms of technology, you should consider QNE, they are the only support cloud and windows based, they recently launched some amazing module e.g. QNE e-Commerce which help you to direct update your inventory to e-Commerce market place Lazada, QNE WeChat Mobile App which provide fantastic performance compare to other web based application, QNE BizPay which will help to improve a cashflow of a company.

SQL - Simple to use and they are good in marketing, branding awareness etc. They offer free training before you buy their software. more resellers in Malaysia

Autocount - Technology is better than SQL, provide more functions than SQL. Work with a lot of GST Consultant and organised a lot of free GST seminar in the past. more resellers in Malaysia

Con:
QNE - Weak in marketing, less advertisement, not really active in organizing free training and GST seminar. Less collaboration with GST consultant and accountants. Less resellers.

SQL - Weak in their database engine, after used a few years, will encounter performance issues e.g. slow in generating reports, search and issue invoices etc.

Autocount - Not user friendly, marketing and awareness better than QNE but behind than SQL.

Pls pm me and i will provide free demo and comparison to you smile.gif

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0211sec    0.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:58 AM