Price Increase for Iphone

views

chiahau
post Apr 6 2015, 02:13 PM

Fatthau StalKer
All Stars
14,074 posts

QUOTE(IMfae_ @ Apr 6 2015, 12:06 PM)
what i did was, before i got the cap ayam armband i cut long socks, sew the seam a little and voila! much better than my cap ayam one! and it stays though! but... but.... i can't touch the screen while running.... just ordered and still waiting for delibery of a new griffin adidas for my 6+, can hardly wait to try it once arrive!

oh and yesterday, to make it worse. i ran on my campus track with my cap ayam armband, putting the car key in the key slot, however it couldn't fit well, thus the head of the ket stays outside while the rest go in... around my last lap, only then i realized i've lost the key!! i had to round 2 loops to find it but to no avail! and the sky was getting dark! OMG! how am i gonna get back! luckily the officer in charge and his 2 security friends help me searching for the keys and found it! i am totally deducting lots of brownies point from the cap ayam brand armband liao! not secure at all, plus it didn't really fit my 6+.
yeah, i usually wear long sleeve nike dri fit pro when running. so when it started to get wet from my sweat, the armband will continuously droop bit by bit. a bit disconcerting when i have to pull it back up again! doh.gif
have you tried quite a number of armband? i just tried this one, waiting for my griffin adidas to see how it settles on my upper arm.
Time to get Nike Pro Combat tongue.gif

It's much more nicer in terms of fitting and sweat is not really an issue.

And tbh, I hate bringing my phone when I am running I usually chuck in indoors.

laugh.gif
gengstapo
post Apr 6 2015, 06:06 PM

Retired enthusiast
All Stars
10,688 posts

iP6 64gb pricing damn dreadful.. Really, & I mean it..

*Currently..

This post has been edited by gengstapo: Apr 6 2015, 06:06 PM
attw
post Apr 6 2015, 07:43 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(gengstapo @ Apr 6 2015, 06:06 PM)
iP6 64gb pricing damn dreadful.. Really, & I mean it..

*Currently..
biggrin.gif

Hear, hear...
attw
post Apr 6 2015, 07:47 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(IMfae_ @ Apr 6 2015, 12:06 PM)
what i did was, before i got the cap ayam armband i cut long socks, sew the seam a little and voila! much better than my cap ayam one! and it stays though! but... but.... i can't touch the screen while running.... just ordered and still waiting for delibery of a new griffin adidas for my 6+, can hardly wait to try it once arrive!

oh and yesterday, to make it worse. i ran on my campus track with my cap ayam armband, putting the car key in the key slot, however it couldn't fit well, thus the head of the ket stays outside while the rest go in... around my last lap, only then i realized i've lost the key!! i had to round 2 loops to find it but to no avail! and the sky was getting dark! OMG! how am i gonna get back! luckily the officer in charge and his 2 security friends help me searching for the keys and found it! i am totally deducting lots of brownies point from the cap ayam brand armband liao! not secure at all, plus it didn't really fit my 6+.
yeah, i usually wear long sleeve nike dri fit pro when running. so when it started to get wet from my sweat, the armband will continuously droop bit by bit. a bit disconcerting when i have to pull it back up again! doh.gif
have you tried quite a number of armband? i just tried this one, waiting for my griffin adidas to see how it settles on my upper arm.
That is scary. Luckily you manage to find your keys. Perhaps can start a question in the iPhone accessories thread to ask if anyone has better solutions for an arm band for running smile.gif

Are you using wired headphones or a bluetooth one? I'm on a lookout for a reasonably priced washable bluetooth headset... very difficult to find... either too pricey or not washable, hehehe...
gengstapo
post Apr 7 2015, 08:47 AM

Retired enthusiast
All Stars
10,688 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Apr 6 2015, 07:43 PM)
biggrin.gif

Hear, hear...
With price tag at RM 3.1k(atm) for iP6 64gb it is damn expensive for a phone

Luckily I bought at Jan, but if Im a bit late for sure I wont buy it at such price~
attw
post Apr 7 2015, 08:52 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(gengstapo @ Apr 7 2015, 08:47 AM)

Luckily I bought at Jan, but if Im a bit late for sure I wont buy it at such price~
Same here. I wouldn't buy an iPhone now without telco subsidies.
sai86
post Apr 7 2015, 10:07 AM

StilL LearninG
4,928 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Apr 6 2015, 07:47 PM)
That is scary. Luckily you manage to find your keys. Perhaps can start a question in the iPhone accessories thread to ask if anyone has better solutions for an arm band for running smile.gif

Are you using wired headphones or a bluetooth one? I'm on a lookout for a reasonably priced washable bluetooth headset... very difficult to find... either too pricey or not washable, hehehe...
Jabra has one. cost RM700+.
but i went for Adidas Sennheiser OCX685i Earphones. hook to my ear well, good sound isolation and most important, Water-resistant design (sweat fall like a flood) laugh.gif
**Note : the controller only works with iphone/ipod.

This post has been edited by sai86: Apr 7 2015, 10:07 AM
attw
post Apr 7 2015, 10:40 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(sai86 @ Apr 7 2015, 10:07 AM)
Jabra has one. cost RM700+.
but i went for Adidas Sennheiser OCX685i Earphones. hook to my ear well, good sound isolation and most important, Water-resistant design (sweat fall like a flood)  laugh.gif
**Note : the controller only works with iphone/ipod.
Ya, I saw that Jabra one... nice! smile.gif
IMfae_
post Apr 8 2015, 10:19 AM

Enthusiast
887 posts

QUOTE(jianh @ Apr 6 2015, 12:54 PM)
Same here for gym session, I still use my iPod Shuffle 3rd Gen. It's old yeah but it's like it's never there, that's the purpose!
nice, well, this is my first apple product tongue.gif

QUOTE(chiahau @ Apr 6 2015, 02:13 PM)
Time to get Nike Pro Combat tongue.gif

It's much more nicer in terms of fitting and sweat is not really an issue.

And tbh, I hate bringing my phone when I am running I usually chuck in indoors.

laugh.gif
oh, i'll check that one. thanks bro.

QUOTE(attw @ Apr 6 2015, 07:47 PM)

IKR, using wired earpod that came with the phone, i'll try my griffin first before started the discussion. Sadly have to wait for few days or perhaps next week, just got back from POSLAJU. nationwide shipment overload! sigh... damn frustrating!

QUOTE(gengstapo @ Apr 7 2015, 08:47 AM)

QUOTE(attw @ Apr 7 2015, 08:52 AM)
Same here. I wouldn't buy an iPhone now without telco subsidies.
Me too, i got a real good price pay only RM1559 for 6+ 16gb (of course with 2 yrs contract, which is not a problem since i've always been a maxis customer). no upfront payment for more than a year maxis postpaid customer as well. Whew sweat.gif
chiahau
post Apr 8 2015, 11:31 AM

Fatthau StalKer
All Stars
14,074 posts

QUOTE(IMfae_ @ Apr 8 2015, 10:19 AM)
nice, well, this is my first apple product tongue.gif
oh, i'll check that one. thanks bro.
IKR, using wired earpod that came with the phone, i'll try my griffin first before started the discussion. Sadly have to wait for few days or perhaps next week, just got back from POSLAJU. nationwide shipment overload! sigh... damn frustrating!
Me too, i got a real good price pay only RM1559 for 6+ 16gb (of course with 2 yrs contract, which is not a problem since i've always been a maxis customer). no upfront payment for more than a year maxis postpaid customer as well. Whew  sweat.gif
Eh, no upfront payment?

Damn sweet, I must whine to Maxis d laugh.gif

But if you are running in the open, try not to bring your phone around la. Not safe.

And if you want to store your keys, get a running pouch lo. Can easily fit your car keys.
attw
post Apr 8 2015, 11:43 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Apr 8 2015, 11:31 AM)
Eh, no upfront payment?

Damn sweet, I must whine to Maxis d  laugh.gif

But if you are running in the open, try not to bring your phone around la. Not safe.

And if you want to store your keys, get a running pouch lo. Can easily fit your car keys.
Ya I think if you're with maxis for more than a year (and have a good payment record), they usually waive the upfront payment
chiahau
post Apr 8 2015, 11:48 AM

Fatthau StalKer
All Stars
14,074 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Apr 8 2015, 11:43 AM)
Ya I think if you're with maxis for more than a year (and have a good payment record), they usually waive the upfront payment
I autodebit from my CC every month, should be no problem.

I ask them later on.
IMfae_
post Apr 8 2015, 09:12 PM

Enthusiast
887 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Apr 8 2015, 11:31 AM)
Eh, no upfront payment?

Damn sweet, I must whine to Maxis d  laugh.gif

I'll remember that next time. Seems like i have to find a really secured place to run like my campus track.

Perhaps when Apple watch launched, just gonna get it and no more bulky phone on arm, eh?
chiahau
post Apr 8 2015, 09:37 PM

Fatthau StalKer
All Stars
14,074 posts

QUOTE(IMfae_ @ Apr 8 2015, 09:12 PM)
I'll remember that next time. Seems like i have to find a really secured place to run like my campus track.

Perhaps when Apple watch launched, just gonna get it and no more bulky phone on arm, eh?
Go run in the gym laugh.gif

boonsheng
post Apr 9 2015, 07:35 AM

Getting Started
275 posts

the price of 6+ almost same wif MacBook... swttttt
attw
post Apr 9 2015, 08:55 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(boonsheng @ Apr 9 2015, 07:35 AM)
the price of 6+ almost same wif MacBook... swttttt
Well, the most basic MacBook Air. The other Macbooks have all gone up in prices as well.
gengstapo
post Apr 9 2015, 09:02 AM

Retired enthusiast
All Stars
10,688 posts

QUOTE(IMfae_ @ Apr 8 2015, 10:19 AM)
Me too, i got a real good price pay only RM1559 for 6+ 16gb (of course with 2 yrs contract, which is not a problem since i've always been a maxis customer). no upfront payment for more than a year maxis postpaid customer as well. Whew  sweat.gif
Lucky u
I got my iP5 by contract same as you, waive all upfront, only pay phone price
But this time, Maxis done shit to me
I gotta buy my iP6 somewhere else..
IMfae_
post Apr 9 2015, 08:22 PM

Enthusiast
887 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Apr 8 2015, 09:37 PM)
Go run in the gym laugh.gif
Never try gym, afraid of the scent... Meekk..

QUOTE(gengstapo @ Apr 9 2015, 09:02 AM)
Lucky u
I got my iP5 by contract same as you, waive all upfront, only pay phone price
But this time, Maxis done shit to me
I gotta buy my iP6 somewhere else..
Ouch sorry to hear this bro. If there's no option buying with telco, idk when I'll convert to ios. Used to be an avid android user.
chiahau
post Apr 9 2015, 08:42 PM

Fatthau StalKer
All Stars
14,074 posts

QUOTE(IMfae_ @ Apr 9 2015, 08:22 PM)
Never try gym, afraid of the scent... Meekk..
Ouch sorry to hear this bro. If there's no option buying with telco, idk when I'll convert to ios. Used to be an avid android user.
Go expensive gym, smells clean tongue.gif

I used to be the 1st generation Android user but decided to left after seeing some stagnancy with Android after 3 years+ with them.

10 Pages « < 8 9 10Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0154sec    0.20    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:05 AM