Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

What is the difference between paid web hosting, and free web hosting

views

TSDavisKusuma
post Mar 10 2015, 01:24 AM, updated 10y ago

10 posts

Can I know what is the difference between paid web-hosting and free web-hosting such as Wix.com?hmm.gif
Why should people pay for web-hosting if they can get it for free?hmm.gif

Ayam currently considering to build website (e-commerce website) to supplement income for my parents shops and considering to use free web-hosting hmm.gifhmm.gif hmm.gif
barcabodo
post Mar 10 2015, 01:46 AM

Getting Started
129 posts

-get more features
-dont have to advertise any ads
-got platform support (most important)
kangaroonext20km
post Mar 10 2015, 02:26 AM

Getting Started
54 posts

wix.com has a great built in site builder thats better than most paid hosting ( however limit is 500 mb space and only 500 mb bandwidth ).

If u totally ayam and just wanna try a bit to make a website on your own you can test on free hosting first.
TSDavisKusuma
post Mar 10 2015, 08:41 AM

10 posts

I guess I can try on free web hosting first before trying paid web hosting
TSDavisKusuma
post Mar 10 2015, 05:57 PM

10 posts

icon_question.gif I have tried to use wix.com but I realize that in wix.com, we cannot see and edit our HTML,CSS and Javascript.

Can I know if there is any free website that allow me to see and edit HTML, CSS and Javascript? icon_question.gif

This is my first time creating website. If I can use HTML, CSS and Javascript, does creating website through code is easier compared to edit the website directly like how wix.com create website ? icon_question.gif
WebDpot
post Mar 10 2015, 06:31 PM

Regular
1,021 posts

QUOTE(DavisKusuma @ Mar 10 2015, 05:57 PM)
icon_question.gif I have tried to use wix.com but I realize that in wix.com, we cannot see and edit our HTML,CSS and Javascript.

Can I know if there is any free website that allow me to see and edit HTML, CSS and Javascript? icon_question.gif

This is my first time creating website. If I can use HTML, CSS and Javascript, does creating website through code is easier compared to edit the website directly like how wix.com create website ?  icon_question.gif
you can try blogspot, or hostinger.my (it's free with limited resources..)
NubPro
post Mar 10 2015, 08:02 PM

Casual
387 posts

A web host and doesn't includes assets which includes its own personal CMS(Content Management System), for example Blogspot, Wix and many others.

So, if you're only discussing the prominent differences regarding on free web host and paid version, you should relate your traffics, bandwidths, storage and email servers to make a choice among them.

Chances are, your web will most likely get hooked on ads if you're to use free web host.
Paid web host, do come with a variety of plans and hiccups so do make sure to check on each specifications and to choose whichever suites your needs. On the contrary, if you are very new to this field, it is advisable to choose free web host first and the only free web host that comes up to my mind is https://x10hosting.com Certainly very reliable and stands out the most than any free web hosts that I have used before. Keep in mind, xhosting provides you free domain. Well it isn't always necessary to purchase a domain, but I do recommend getting one. Usually 12.99$ per year.

Nonetheless, good luck.

This post has been edited by NubPro: Apr 6 2015, 06:18 PM
viqq
post Mar 11 2015, 05:52 PM

Jagger
1,818 posts

Is it safe to run eCommerce with free hosting? Customers credential data will be stored in the server forever?
TSDavisKusuma
post Mar 12 2015, 09:26 PM

10 posts

I just want to learn how to run E-commerce first. It will start small.So, who care if the server store my customer data since it is so small?

There is always time to upgrade to a better web hosting once I get better with E-commerce
firesharedx88x
post Mar 12 2015, 09:55 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(DavisKusuma @ Mar 12 2015, 09:26 PM)
I just want to learn how to run E-commerce first. It will start small.So, who care if the server store my customer data since it is so small?

There is always time to upgrade to a better web hosting once I get better with E-commerce
Website software is a key.. if u want using small server.. u need light ecommerce software.
TSDavisKusuma
post Mar 14 2015, 07:35 PM

10 posts

In the end, I try to use paid web hosting as I find free web hosting unsatisfactory.
TSDavisKusuma
post Mar 14 2015, 07:37 PM

10 posts

Website software is a key.. if u want using small server.. u need light ecommerce software.

What is the function of website software?
firesharedx88x
post Mar 14 2015, 10:54 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

if u buy server. what u need to run your ecommerce business? just server alone. hahaha

This post has been edited by firesharedx88x: Mar 15 2015, 12:10 PM
adamprattler
post Mar 19 2015, 06:56 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

one you dont get domain and extra options
but if u want domain with wix u have to go pro and this is paid
anyway wix will let you work by their tos so bad idea in case anytime they want to shut you down they can
if u have own host u have full control
wangwangi
post Apr 6 2015, 12:30 PM

Enthusiast
870 posts

QUOTE(NubPro @ Mar 10 2015, 08:02 PM)
A web host and doesn't includes assets which includes its own personal CMS(Content Management System), for example Blogspot, Wix and many others.

So, if you're only discussing the prominent differences regarding on free web host and paid version, you should relate your traffics, bandwidths, storage and email servers to make a choice among them.

Chances are, your web will most likely get hooked on ads if you're to use free web host.
Paid web host, do come with a variety of plans and hiccups so do make sure to check on each specifications and to choose whichever suites your needs. On the contrary, if you are very new to this field, it is advisable to choose free web host first and the only free web host that comes up to my mind is http://xhosting.com Certainly very reliable and stands out the most than any free web hosts that I have used before. Keep in mind, xhosting provides you free domain. Well it isn't always necessary to purchase a domain, but I do recommend getting one. Usually 12.99$ per year.

Nonetheless, good luck.
reliable and stands out ?? sorry xHosting now gone.
NubPro
post Apr 6 2015, 06:17 PM

Casual
387 posts

QUOTE(wangwangi @ Apr 6 2015, 12:30 PM)
reliable and stands out ?? sorry xHosting now gone.
Opps. It's https://x10hosting.com

blush.gif
wangwangi
post Apr 6 2015, 08:13 PM

Enthusiast
870 posts

QUOTE(NubPro @ Apr 6 2015, 06:17 PM)
Sorry, we're not able to accept your registration.
We are not currently accepting new users from your country (MY).
Please try again another time. You may contact us or visit our community forums with any questions on our current policy.

rclxms.gif

use VPN, proxy? No thanks.
NubPro
post Apr 6 2015, 11:46 PM

Casual
387 posts

QUOTE(wangwangi @ Apr 6 2015, 08:13 PM)
Sorry, we're not able to accept your registration.
We are not currently accepting new users from your country (MY).
Please try again another time. You may contact us or visit our community forums with any questions on our current policy.

rclxms.gif

use VPN, proxy? No thanks.
that's too bad. I have sent them an email regarding to open up registrations for us.
Well, personally I have been using them for years, but they were really great back then.

I will keep you updated.
wangwangi
post Apr 8 2015, 08:11 PM

Enthusiast
870 posts

QUOTE(NubPro @ Apr 6 2015, 11:46 PM)
that's too bad. I have sent them an email regarding to open up registrations for us.
Well, personally I have been using them for years, but they were really great back then.

I will keep you updated.
Never mind, will sign up http://www.000webhost.com/order.php to test water
NubPro
post Apr 9 2015, 03:50 PM

Casual
387 posts

QUOTE(wangwangi @ Apr 8 2015, 08:11 PM)
Never mind, will sign up http://www.000webhost.com/order.php to test water
Free hosting doesn't supports SMTP server. kinda defeat the purpose to having a registration form + validating emails. Of course, it could be done the other way round, but why the hassle?

Nevertheless, I think it's decent. They haven't change their web's design almost 5+ years.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0157sec    0.44    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:14 PM