Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Guide to A Budget Wedding, Matters most is who you marry

views

TSprincessgalaria
post Oct 26 2015, 04:24 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

Pre-Wedding Photography

Nowadays there are many who doesn't wanna do a whole tedious set of pre-wedding photography, but they just wanted something simple instead of like changing into many different colourful gowns that looks like a fashion shoot more than wedding photos. Ugh, personally I hate those gowns in purple, yellow, green that look horrible. I also opted for something that's less burdened to the pocket and just a simple shoot that focus more on the couple more than just going to different locations. I surveyed for quite a free freelance photographers but I've not went into any bridal store because I've heard many bad experience in topping up afterwards and also they don't usually give you back all the soft copies. Usually the gowns also limited, and you need to pay more for the premium ones.

I am pretty cincai, so don't expect any other brides to be the same as everyone have their own liking. As for my own opinion that the album may end up somewhere in the corner filled with dust, I just wanted something simple and good enough. Also not required to travel overseas, as mentioned this thread is called budget wedding.

Looking up and down for quotations and I finally settle with one during early March this year.

RM2588+150(outstation) Package includes:
2 gowns provided and 1 casual, own wear
Suit but I decided to wear our own
Indoor and outdoor shoot in one day
Makeup and hairstyle, 3 styles
1 crystal album and photocards
All softcopies in 5R return and 35 chosen ones in hi-res

*The price I booked was before GST and was earlier this year, the price have went up slightly for now.

Review:
We are really satisfied with the photos. There are in total of about 400+ photos that we took on that day which took us about 3-4 hours, not including the makeup and hairdo session earlier which is about 1.5-2 hours. Really had a hard time picking out 35 photos out of the 400+ and in the end we paid extra RM90 for 3 photos.

They're a really nice couple and we had quiet a bit of fun taking the photos whilst doing the poses. They don't have a lot of selection on gowns, so don't put such high expectations like bridal house and I've picked 2 gowns out of 5 that I've tried (yes i memang cincai as long as the gown looks good on me). But the gowns are relatively simple and beautiful compared to those in the bridal house with tons of layers which is used like 30years ago. 1 gown is allowed for outdoor and the other long one is only limited to indoor. Then we prepared our own casual jeans wear with matching sport shoes. Poses were not limited like what the bridal house does, and we did quiet a bit of shots all around the resort.

Overall, with the price paid, we have nothing to complaint about but we are very satisfied customer and happy with the outcome which is just what we wanted - simple, natural, casual. We couldn't ask for more for the price that was paid. Bridal house easily charge you for RM5-7k for these. We also receive much compliments from friends and relatives that they photos are so well taken. I have yet to receive my full soft copies and album, but here are some previews that was taken from Facebook. Please do not copy these images without our permission.

user posted image

Our initial plan was to have our photoshoot done in a famous retreat located in Bangsar. However, they have way too many requirements, not so accommodative and extra charges for photoshoot. Also, many people have already done their photoshoot at the same place. So we changed our mind and discovered this place which was not too far away from the city. Also the very famous place S******G is pretty rundown and the upkeep is not that well afterall.

We didn't recce on the place and just booked based on the reviews and photos on social media. There were some hiccups upon arrival, power failure for a bit and Wifi was over the quota but glad that everything turned out well including the outcome of the photos. The scenery was great minus the haze and the place was really clean. The workers were really friendly and provided us with most of the things we needed too. There were so many monkeys around and they stole our meatballs sad.gif In all, we were glad that we found this place for our wedding photoshoot before it became mainstream for now.

If you would like to find more about the place and my pre-wedding photography, kindly refer to the below:
Templers Park Rainforest Retreat

VanessaMoon Photography
They usually reply your FB message within the day.

Pre-Wedding Photographs

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by princessgalaria: Aug 7 2017, 10:59 AM
CyaNide27
post Nov 7 2015, 03:37 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

speaking of budget wedding, is there any non-peak or peak months/seasons for weddings?
TSprincessgalaria
post Nov 7 2015, 03:46 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(CyaNide27 @ Nov 7 2015, 03:37 PM)
speaking of budget wedding, is there any non-peak or peak months/seasons for weddings?
Yes, during the chinese "qing bing" and also ghost month, usually you will get more freebies ie buy 10 tables and free 1-2 or luncheon which should be cheaper or during weekdays. I am not sure about hotels.
TSprincessgalaria
post Nov 7 2015, 04:06 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

Posted with new updates on prewedding photography
CyaNide27
post Nov 8 2015, 05:27 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Nov 7 2015, 03:46 PM)
Yes, during the chinese "qing bing" and also ghost month, usually you will get more freebies ie buy 10 tables and free 1-2 or luncheon which should be cheaper or during weekdays. I am not sure about hotels.
But i think chinese will be super pantang about those dates... Whats the next best option? I heard nov n dec is definitely a peak season, is it?
TSprincessgalaria
post Nov 9 2015, 12:30 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(CyaNide27 @ Nov 8 2015, 05:27 PM)
But i think chinese will be super pantang about those dates... Whats the next best option? I heard nov n dec is definitely a peak season, is it?
If pantang then no choice lo, there's no other best options. There won't be free deals around. If they are also, you gotta becareful. Maybe try going to wedding fairs, my friend got a deal like 20 tables free 1 or something like that for Unique Seafood. Yes year end is always filled with wedding, therefore you need to book at least a year ahead to get the place.
SUSthe99percent1
post Nov 25 2015, 12:13 AM

Casual
381 posts

Lol.. my wedding, I actually made money.. how much? A very nice 10k ringgit... Not some cincai wedding summore.. A proper wedding. will share my secrets when have time to write.
TSprincessgalaria
post Nov 25 2015, 10:00 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(the99percent1 @ Nov 25 2015, 12:13 AM)
Lol.. my wedding, I actually made money.. how much?  A very nice 10k ringgit... Not some cincai wedding summore.. A proper wedding. will share my secrets when have time to write.
It's all depending on the guests that you invite and how generous are they.
What do you mean by cincai wedding? This is a budget wedding but with lots of effort, not anywhere close to cincai. Cincai is close to simply chosing a restaurant serving horrible food, venue with horrible parking, no proper guests seating, don't do any run down of event, no emcee, just wanna do for the sake ... then cincai la.
But to me, if one have no money and put yourself at risk to loan money or to ask from parents, then put yourself in debts after that then sorry la one word - dai sei.
zhou86
post Nov 25 2015, 12:26 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

Just want to add to the list: Photobook Malaysia.

It's very affordable and the quality is really good. They always have promotion, and you can get the 6inch x 6inch free if you can obtain the code, just pay shipping.

You can go to Photobook.com.my and design your own Photobook, and they deliver very fast! I placed my order on Tuesday, and it arrived Thursday.

Definitely recommended, perfect for pre-wed photoshoot if your photographer don't provide a Photobook album or if they charge a lot for it.
TSprincessgalaria
post Nov 25 2015, 05:39 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Nov 25 2015, 12:26 PM)
Just want to add to the list: Photobook Malaysia.

It's very affordable and the quality is really good. They always have promotion, and you can get the 6inch x 6inch free if you can obtain the code, just pay shipping.

You can go to Photobook.com.my and design your own Photobook, and they deliver very fast! I placed my order on Tuesday, and it arrived Thursday.

Definitely recommended, perfect for pre-wed photoshoot if your photographer don't provide a Photobook album or if they charge a lot for it.
Yea, that day I bought this one
RM90 instead of RM359 for a 14" x 11" Large Landscape Imagewrap Lay Flat Hardcover Photobook, 22+2 pages
Super worth compared to bridal gallery charging like RM300-500 for this? Sendiri do lagi better right.
zhou86
post Nov 25 2015, 05:55 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Nov 25 2015, 05:39 PM)
Yea, that day I bought this one
RM90 instead of RM359 for a 14" x 11" Large Landscape Imagewrap Lay Flat Hardcover Photobook, 22+2 pages
Super worth compared to bridal gallery charging like RM300-500 for this? Sendiri do lagi better right.
Yea...somemore you can have the joy of creating the book and layout yourself. smile.gif
TSprincessgalaria
post Nov 26 2015, 09:53 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Nov 25 2015, 05:55 PM)
Yea...somemore you can have the joy of creating the book and layout yourself. smile.gif
but some people lazy and don't have the time, so they pay money to get it done lo.
zhou86
post Nov 26 2015, 01:46 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Nov 26 2015, 09:53 AM)
but some people lazy and don't have the time, so they pay money to get it done lo.
If you are considering budget, then cannot be lazy lo. sweat.gif
KageBunshi
post Nov 27 2015, 10:22 PM

Getting Started
151 posts

Hi. Mine wife like the dress that you brought from Taobao.
How about the quality of the dress? Is it worth the money?
Is the possible to pm the seller from Taobao?
There are so many seller, really dont know where to start.
thanks for the write up. really help me to plan mine as well.

trafficlight87
post Dec 3 2015, 12:19 PM

5 posts

Thought this may be relevant for a budget wedding, pre-wedding & actual wedding

https://www.facebook.com/g.lphotography3011/

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
TSprincessgalaria
post Dec 4 2015, 10:13 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(KageBunshi @ Nov 27 2015, 10:22 PM)
Hi. Mine wife like the dress that you brought from Taobao.
How about the quality of the dress? Is it worth the money?
Is the possible to pm the seller from Taobao?
There are so many seller, really dont know where to start.
thanks for the write up. really help me to plan mine as well.
The quality is good. It's definitely cheaper than renting. When I bought the exchange rate was still high in RM.
PM me if you want the links, can you read chinese?

garrick86
post Dec 9 2015, 03:18 PM

Getting Started
169 posts

Do you guys know where to get canopy/tent rental or good dinner catering at home?
TSprincessgalaria
post Dec 15 2015, 12:38 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(garrick86 @ Dec 9 2015, 03:18 PM)
Do you guys know where to get canopy/tent rental or good dinner catering at home?
My mum knows but I need to get the contacts from her, she was saying like RM12.50 - 17.50 per pax and free tent if up to 100pax wor
garrick86
post Dec 18 2015, 09:49 AM

Getting Started
169 posts

thanks princess, i have about 50 only...
wts6819
post Jan 10 2016, 08:36 PM

Enthusiast
875 posts

Anyone got wedding budget & cost Excel spreadsheet? For tracking purpose.

12 Pages « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0257sec    0.46    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:14 AM