views

munkeyflo
post Oct 11 2017, 12:45 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

QUOTE(lowlowc @ Oct 10 2017, 09:50 PM)
Interesting.. actually repair will usually more troublesome than buying a new one. Have to take it to the shop we buy, then wait for months for it to be done from manufacturer.

Thank you for telling about the depreciation, I didn't know about that and have been curious how the insurance reimburse the luggage. Sigh.. from traveler point of view, the cost is not about the damaged luggage, more the cost they have to fork out to buy a new luggage. But of course, insurance can't make money if they reimburse a new luggage  biggrin.gif . I just asked my friend for her previous case, she sent the luggage for repair but it's beyond repair. She pestered the problem back to insurance, and in the end they sent her a low range luggage to replace instead of reimburse money. She told me, if she know this takes so much trouble, she would have rather not claim. tongue.gif

I got the above quote from AXA brochure. 
Time for me to keep scan copies of all receipts for items I buy for traveling.
Thanks for detailing the claim process. Did you submitted the claim only upon back in Malaysia, or called their assistance number to inform upon discovery of theft?

One more question, say I book flight and hotel today 10/10/2017 for travel 1/3/2018 - 5/3/2018. Say if I buy the travel insurance today too, detailing the travel dates. Anything that happens between now and the departure date; say diagnosed with medical conditions that disallow me to travel, or family member's death. Can this be claimable for flight and hotel cost that are non-refundable?

Recently I just cancelled a trip (booked Nov16, travel date Sep17), due to family member's serious illness. After going through long process with airlines, I got 20% of my flight fare (which airlines said it's goodwill) and 100% airport taxes. Lost a lot of money because I didn't buy the insurance the very moment I book the flight. I have the habit of buying it 3 days before depart. Do you think if I had bought a travel insurance (separately) on the same day I booked flight, I would have been able to avoid losing money?
Submitted only when I return to Malaysia. You'll have to submit your return flight boarding pass everytime you submit a claim. It's very important that you DO NOT THROW AWAY your boarding pass (both going and return) until you return to Malaysia and the whole trip completed without any issues. It's also good to keep boxes of your personal stuffs, it's a proof to say that you owned the item. This also useful for your own house insurance if your home was broken into. Sometimes the insurance company will request for photos of this.

I think this is claimable. Unable to travel with legit reasons or something. I'm not too sure about this so its best you call AXA directly and enquire about it. Airlines usually don't do refund unless you are the one having the illness and you have a doctor's letter to say you are unfit to travel. Airport taxes are usually refunded 100% less admin fees even if you no show for no reason.

It really depends on the insurance you buy. I don't really know much about insurance per trip cause I buy my travel insurance annually (it's not that much if you travel a few times a year). AXA Annual cheapest also like below RM150 a year only.
spiderwick
post Oct 12 2017, 12:48 PM

Casual
341 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Oct 10 2017, 05:17 PM)
Most insurance will have a minimum hours of delay for them to pay you anything. If 2-3 hours usually its nothing.
Luggage bag - of course only if you repair it. You want them to buy you a new luggage ah lol.
Most of these you will need to submit receipts. Keep all your receipts and proof of what you have paid in the past.
When my items got stolen during my travels and I claimed insurance, I submitted receipts of my camera, handphones, etc. together with the police report. They will calculate depreciation on the items and there's also a max payment for each item usually. Like my camera was depreciated 60%, depreciation will depend on how old your item is also.

When I claimed for luggage delay (more than 24 hours), I submitted receipts that I bought personal and essential items to survive the 24 hours. Yes, they will reimburse as long as you have receipt. So far AXA reimburse me even when I bought normal size bottle of body bath, shampoo, make up remover, various type of clothes (definitely can last for few days), etc.

Then again, AXA don't wanna renew my insurance anymore after I had a few travel incidents and claimed from them. laugh.gif
oh ok ok..coz company's insurance, not sure what's the term and conditions too..
glauncher
post Oct 29 2017, 10:25 AM

Casual
317 posts

Anyone has experience of claim for car damage when travelling overseas? I rented a van and the roof was damaged by tree branches. Am I able to claim it and what documents should I provide? (do i need police report??)

I bought OCBC Travelmate insurance btw.

tq

avantasia
post Oct 29 2017, 03:26 PM

a while in dreamland!!!
2,827 posts

QUOTE(glauncher @ Oct 29 2017, 10:25 AM)
Anyone has experience of claim for car damage when travelling overseas? I rented a van and the roof was damaged by tree branches. Am I able to claim it and what documents should I provide? (do i need police report??)

I bought OCBC Travelmate insurance btw.

tq
Yes....definitely need a police report or else they will not entertained.
monocat
post Nov 6 2017, 03:40 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

Hi

i will travel to China one week next year and my travel agent offer me rhb travel insurance. is rhb insurance good or axa?

This post has been edited by monocat: Nov 6 2017, 03:40 PM
Jenny87
post Nov 6 2017, 07:59 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

Dear all,

Let's say I am going to Indonesia from Penang with transit at KL. The trip is 5 days. The flights would be Penang <-> KL <-> Indonesia. The flights are from the same airline. Do I need to buy 2 seperate travel insurance in order to have full coverage? Meaning International travel insurance to cover the KL <-> Indonesia and domestic travel insurance to cover Penang <-> KL? Or just buy the international travel insurance will do? Just worry about issue that may be encountered during the connecting flight. Connecting flight transit time should be less than 8hrs. If to purchase both domestic and international travel insurance, is it correct to put 2 days coverage for my domestic insurance? and 5 days for international insurance? Thanks and have a nice day.
blackburry
post Nov 6 2017, 08:44 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(monocat @ Nov 6 2017, 03:40 PM)
Hi

i will travel to China one week next year and my travel agent offer me rhb travel insurance. is rhb insurance good or axa?
Go for AXA
blackburry
post Nov 6 2017, 08:49 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(Jenny87 @ Nov 6 2017, 07:59 PM)
Dear all,

Let's say I am going to Indonesia from Penang with transit at KL. The trip is 5 days. The flights would be Penang <-> KL <-> Indonesia. The flights are from the same airline. Do I need to buy 2 seperate travel insurance in order to have full coverage? Meaning International travel insurance to cover the KL <-> Indonesia and domestic travel insurance to cover Penang <-> KL? Or just buy the international travel insurance will do? Just worry about issue that may be encountered during the connecting flight. Connecting flight transit time should be less than 8hrs. If to purchase both domestic and international travel insurance, is it correct to put 2 days coverage for my domestic insurance? and 5 days for international insurance? Thanks and have a nice day.
Most of the insurer don't require you to purchase both Dom & Intl since you are just transiting.
If you did not roam out from the airport you should be fine with just Intl plan.

Jenny87
post Nov 6 2017, 10:17 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(blackburry @ Nov 6 2017, 08:49 PM)
Most of the insurer don't require you to purchase both Dom & Intl since you are just transiting.
If you did not roam out from the airport you should be fine with just Intl plan.
Dear blackburry, thanks for your informative reply. May I ask if that means in case my luggage is lost or delayed and I only found out when back in Penang after the trip, so that means the insurer will compensate the lost/delayed of the luggage? Or can they deny the claim by saying it is only up to KL coverage and my luggage could have lost during the domestic transit and they are not covering it since the insurance I buy is international insurance? Another example would be if my domestic flight from Penang to Kl got delayed and I miss the connecting flight from KL to Indonesia, will I be compensated by the insurer since the travel insurance is ‘International’? Because by definition from the insurer ‘International’ means from KL to outside country. Thanks a lot!

This post has been edited by Jenny87: Nov 6 2017, 10:23 PM
monocat
post Nov 7 2017, 09:23 AM

Getting Started
188 posts

QUOTE(blackburry @ Nov 6 2017, 08:44 PM)
Go for AXA
AXA better?
blackburry
post Nov 7 2017, 10:58 AM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(Jenny87 @ Nov 6 2017, 10:17 PM)
Dear blackburry, thanks for your informative reply. May I ask if that means in case my luggage is lost or delayed and I only found out when back in Penang after the trip, so that means the insurer will compensate the lost/delayed of the luggage? Or can they deny the claim by saying it is only up to KL coverage and my luggage could have lost during the domestic transit and they are not covering it since the insurance I buy is international insurance? Another example would be if my domestic flight from Penang to Kl got delayed and I miss the connecting flight from KL to Indonesia, will I be compensated by the insurer since the travel insurance is ‘International’? Because by definition from the insurer ‘International’ means from KL to outside country. Thanks a lot!
Before I comment further I need to know which insurer you plan to buy from? Because different insurer has different T&C I dont want to give you wrong information..
blackburry
post Nov 7 2017, 11:18 AM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(monocat @ Nov 7 2017, 09:23 AM)
AXA better?
Because AXA more popular? lol.. which plan you plan to take if with RHB?
darrenwks
post Nov 30 2017, 09:24 AM

Getting Started
220 posts

Which the best travel insurance to buy now? Altho i bought the AirAsia one together with the tickets.

https://ringgitplus.com/en/travel-insurance...r-Plan-VIP.html

This one seems gooding but the the infos aren't very detailed...one example like the below:

Travel Delay
Get compensated for late arrival at your holiday destination

RM 3200 individual
RM 9600 family
RM 3200 per adult
RM 3200 per child

By late is how late? 5 mins delay also is delay, so if i'm 5 mins delayed do i get compensated as well?

This post has been edited by darrenwks: Nov 30 2017, 09:32 AM
yom@m@
post Nov 30 2017, 06:03 PM

39 posts

QUOTE(darrenwks @ Nov 30 2017, 09:24 AM)
Which the best travel insurance to buy now? Altho i bought the AirAsia one together with the tickets.

https://ringgitplus.com/en/travel-insurance...r-Plan-VIP.html

This one seems gooding but the the infos aren't very detailed...one example like the below:

Travel Delay
Get compensated for late arrival at your holiday destination

RM 3200 individual
RM 9600 family
RM 3200 per adult
RM 3200 per child

By late is how late? 5 mins delay also is delay, so if i'm 5 mins delayed do i get compensated as well?
you wish!

user posted image
darrenwks
post Dec 2 2017, 09:13 AM

Getting Started
220 posts

QUOTE(yom@m@ @ Nov 30 2017, 06:03 PM)
you wish!

user posted image
Where did you find it? Where can i view the rest? thanks! biggrin.gif
SUSsdin3269
post Dec 3 2017, 04:42 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

Credit Card Insurance vs Purchase Travel Insurance. I have this maybank visa platinum and which has limited coverage compare to stand alone, not sure about the accident related coverage on hospitalisation though the tittle is Travel Accident Insurance. As the table below didnt mention about hospital converage.

SCHEDULE OF BENEFITS (Etiqa Takaful- Maybank Card)

I Death – occurring within twelve calendar months of bodily injury RM2,000,000.00
II Total and Irrecoverable Loss of Sight of Both Eyes RM2,000,000.00
III Total and Irrecoverable Loss of Sight of One Eye RM2,000,000.00
IV Loss of Two Limbs RM2,000,000.00
V Loss of One Limb RM2,000,000.00
VI Total and Irrecoverable Loss of Sight of One Eye and Loss of One Limb 0 RM2,000,000.00
VII Permanent Total Disablement (other than Total Loss of One or Both Eyes or Loss of Limb)

So they dont cover medical expense?
yom@m@
post Dec 4 2017, 12:39 PM

39 posts

QUOTE(darrenwks @ Dec 2 2017, 09:13 AM)
Where did you find it? Where can i view the rest? thanks!  biggrin.gif
AXA Smart Traveller
momusu
post Dec 6 2017, 08:18 AM

~morning musume fanboy~
789 posts

Q: Are there any travel insurance that covers medical bills upfront? Meaning we don't have to pay first, then only claim for reimbursement. Most that i found says we have to foot the bills first. Return back to malaysia, then make a claim.
alantanblog
post Dec 9 2017, 10:53 AM

Getting Started
298 posts

Never found one as most of the travel insurance are on reimbursement method....

Do update us if you find any :-)

QUOTE(momusu @ Dec 6 2017, 08:18 AM)
Q: Are there any travel insurance that covers medical bills upfront? Meaning we don't have to pay first, then only claim for reimbursement. Most that i found says we have to foot the bills first. Return back to malaysia, then make a claim.
mazranz
post Dec 28 2017, 12:34 PM

37 posts

Yes please inform if you found travel insurance that will pay medical bill upfront. Preferably with a card etc.

33 Pages « < 16 17 18 19 20 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0162sec    0.54    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:31 AM