Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Insurance

views

WaCKy-Angel
post Mar 15 2017, 01:30 PM

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,509 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Mar 15 2017, 01:26 PM)
Pretty much the same. Policy terms and sum insured maybe differ by a bit.
AirAsia one covers for that trip that you fly with AirAsia only.

I buy travel insurance from other companies for annual coverage as I travel with other airlines too.
Does that means AirAsia covers for any medical claims or other personal injuries during the trip? or just like baggage lost or flight delay?

I do have other flights from Korea to Jeju and from Jeju to Busan only back to Msia..
So conclusion is its better to buy directly from insurance companies rather than AirAsia?
munkeyflo
post Mar 15 2017, 03:45 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Mar 15 2017, 01:30 PM)
Does that means AirAsia covers for any medical claims or other personal injuries during the trip? or just like baggage lost or flight delay?

I do have other flights from Korea to Jeju and from Jeju to Busan only back to Msia..
So conclusion is its better to buy directly from insurance companies rather than AirAsia?
It depends on your travel type really.
If I'm not mistaken, the insurance sold when you buy ticket with AA, it covers medical claims and all that as well. Not only baggage lost and delays.

But if you are taking other airlines, maybe better to get from other companies directly, it's not very expensive and very convenient these days. Tune Insurance also covers everything like other travel insurance. AXA so far is still the best I would say. All can purchase online too.
MiKE7LIM
post Mar 19 2017, 04:21 PM

Enthusiast
754 posts

I guess AXA SmartTraveller Annual Platinum is one of the cheapest in town? bought it below rm250 for area1...
1x2x
post Mar 20 2017, 11:51 AM

15 posts

MPI generali quotation not bad and it is comparable with AXA
alantanblog
post Mar 20 2017, 05:17 PM

Getting Started
298 posts

It has Excess of RM50.00 but AXA don;t have this

Section 2.1 - Accidental & Sickness Medical Expenses Reimbursement
We will indemnify You, up to the maximum limit for Accidental Medical Expenses Reimbursement as specified in the Table of Benefit, subject to an Excess of RM50.00 only per claim, for Medical Expenses which are all Reasonable and Customary Charges incurred due to an Accident sustained by You during the Journey.

QUOTE(1x2x @ Mar 20 2017, 11:51 AM)
MPI generali quotation not bad and it is comparable with AXA
galaxynote259
post Mar 21 2017, 04:53 PM

Casual
412 posts

I bought axa travel insurance, I visited clinic and they processed my claim but excluded medical report fee, is that reasonable? In my policy wordings and my query to the customer service representative did not mention medical report will not be covered. The latter said I should get it for claim purpose, that's why I asked the clinic to give me one.

galaxynote259
post Mar 21 2017, 04:59 PM

Casual
412 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Mar 15 2017, 01:30 PM)

If not mistaken Airasia tune protect medical expenses limit is very low, in the end I chose axa as their limit is 50k or 300k based on the type of plan.
adele123
post Mar 21 2017, 09:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,413 posts

QUOTE(galaxynote259 @ Mar 21 2017, 04:59 PM)
If not mistaken Airasia tune protect medical expenses limit is very low, in the end I chose axa as their limit is 50k or 300k based on the type of plan.
actually a lot of people might not have bothered reading the details. myself included. so i decided to read it up.

the airasia tune protect travel insurance, is actually pretty decent for that kind of price. it covers 200k medical expenses, along with other add-on benefits such as trip cancellation, baggage damage/loss, etc.

i actually find axa kinda pricey because somehow ended up have to pay for that RM10 stamp duty.

last round, after my long comparison among few major insurance companies with online travel insurance, i went for tune protect, but not the airasia version. which means i chose tune protect over axa, aig, etiqa. biggrin.gif
galaxynote259
post Mar 21 2017, 10:58 PM

Casual
412 posts

QUOTE(adele123 @ Mar 21 2017, 09:07 PM)
actually a lot of people might not have bothered reading the details. myself included. so i decided to read it up.

the airasia tune protect travel insurance, is actually pretty decent for that kind of price. it covers 200k medical expenses, along with other add-on benefits such asĀ  trip cancellation, baggage damage/loss, etc.

i actually find axa kinda pricey because somehow ended up have to pay for that RM10 stamp duty.

last round, after my long comparison among few major insurance companies with online travel insurance, i went for tune protect, but not the airasia version. which means i chose tune protect over axa, aig, etiqa. biggrin.gif
i must have missed something, 200k is very decent, will check again for future trips thumbup.gif

--

tune protect was RM 38 and axa RM 19 (rm50k limit) when i checked.. how were the prices when you checked?

This post has been edited by galaxynote259: Mar 21 2017, 10:59 PM
cfc
post Apr 4 2017, 06:59 PM

Casual
438 posts

so far jus use AXA travel insurance , can purchase online

ken_zie
post May 3 2017, 03:41 PM

Enthusiast
826 posts

Attached Image

I'm wondering if you guys know of any other travel insurance which cover travel cancellation due to reasons as in the attachment? Trying to search for a few but seems like I only found AIG which cover these reasons.
joeylny
post May 3 2017, 05:12 PM

On my way
554 posts

AXA is most affordable in terms of annual travel insurance.

Sometimes covering trip before is more important like if something accident happen n trip have to be cancelled , you can still claim from insurance.
galaxynote259
post May 6 2017, 02:53 PM

Casual
412 posts

QUOTE(joeylny @ May 3 2017, 05:12 PM)
AXA is most affordable in terms of annual travel insurance.

Sometimes covering trip before is more important like if something accident happen n trip have to be cancelled , you can still claim from insurance.
any idea what can be claimed if the trip is cancelled due to accident before the trip?
glorykeeper
post May 21 2017, 09:20 AM

Getting Started
119 posts

Need buy for car if want to travel together?

eeeglow24
post Jun 6 2017, 08:47 AM

On my way
631 posts

hi sifus here,

Im seeking for assistance here. I have browsed through the thread to seek guidance and reviews from user past experiences with insurance companies and I found out that AXA and AIG are mentioned most of the time.

So my question is. What is single trip travel insurance mean?

I am travelling from Malaysia to Turkey, Netherlands, Ireland, UK and Portugal next week. So what should I put in the quotation drop down menu?

My flight out itinerary from Malaysia is Malaysia to Netherlands with an Istanbul stopover and from there (Netherlands) on I will be mostly taking on low cost flight to other countries mentioned above.

I think that's the only question for now. Thank you. Appreciate you guys opinion on this. smile.gif
oneeleven
post Jun 13 2017, 07:00 PM

Regular
1,515 posts

Can a knowledgeable person point out any drawbacks of Etiqa? I am due for renewal soon. It is cheaper and easy to buy online.
deodorant
post Jun 14 2017, 10:49 AM

Surfing LYN instead of Working.
5,691 posts

Bah AXA's payment portal doesn't seem to play nice with Singapore credit cards sad.gif

(Need to buy for my parents ...)
gugukrez
post Jun 16 2017, 09:23 AM

Enthusiast
939 posts

Im interest to purchase travel insurance.. any agent here?
cinlky
post Jun 21 2017, 02:43 PM

34 posts

if travelling japan just for 10 days in april 2018.. any suggested type of insurance..
first time own trip..normally followed tour so im not familiar
jack208
post Jun 22 2017, 08:23 AM

Casual
331 posts

For those with credit cards that provide travel insurance (if your tickets are charged to it), do you still double-tap into buying a separate travel insurance?

33 Pages « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0228sec    0.14    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:48 AM