Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Complaint against M@ximus

LittleLinnet
post Mar 4 2015, 02:41 AM, updated 10y ago

Iophobia
3,593 posts

Forumer you are complaining against: M@ximus

Item being sold/bought: Canon EOS 1000D + Kit Lenss 18-55mm + Canon Red Bag + Battery + Charger + Manual

Original thread link:https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=3093094&hl=

Date of transaction: 23 / 02 / 2015

Details of the complaint : Saw the seller's thread, whatsapp him and work out the deal. Since I am from Penang and the seller saying only COD, I arranged my friend to meet up with the seller. Since my friend was busy and there is not much testing to be done since there is no memory card included in the package and the seller did not offer a spare SD card for testing, my friend paid and left after verifying most of the things works. After getting the cam from my friend, noticed there are some "fungus" like behavior on the pic. Contacted the seller, he refused to admit there is a problem with the cam and insisted he sold a good condition unit. Whereas this is absolutely not a "very good condition unit" as stated. I asked for a partial refund which I think is very fair, he refused as well.

I hereby warn anyone who want to deal with him proceed with caution.

user posted image

*David Tan Kuan Kean is the name in the camera

This post has been edited by LittleLinnet: Mar 4 2015, 02:46 AM
fai@fai
post Mar 4 2015, 08:58 AM

44 posts

hmm.gif wat is tat?? lens??or wat?
Mr_47
post Mar 4 2015, 08:59 AM

***NOT MODERATOR *** Post : +10,000,000,00 Warn: 100%
4,316 posts

QUOTE(fai@fai @ Mar 4 2015, 08:58 AM)
hmm.gif wat is tat?? lens??or wat?
digi cam?
fai@fai
post Mar 4 2015, 09:05 AM

44 posts

QUOTE(Mr_47 @ Mar 4 2015, 08:59 AM)
digi cam?
hmm.gif according to him...should be dslr....but cant see clearly from the pic which part is he mentioning
Mr_47
post Mar 4 2015, 09:08 AM

***NOT MODERATOR *** Post : +10,000,000,00 Warn: 100%
4,316 posts

QUOTE(fai@fai @ Mar 4 2015, 09:05 AM)
hmm.gif according to him...should be dslr....but cant see clearly from the pic which part is he mentioning
yup also confuse between dslr and lenses

perhaps both

This post has been edited by Mr_47: Mar 4 2015, 09:09 AM
jagged
post Mar 4 2015, 09:10 AM

Enthusiast
757 posts

Lens sudah kena fungi
gelong83
post Mar 4 2015, 10:04 AM

15 posts

Yeah seems like the lense already infected by fungus!

Need immediate attention, send to repair shop and see whether they can use chemical to clean it.

Otherwise.... good bye lense sweat.gif

Some article from uncle google:

"Removing Lens Fungus

If your camera happens to get infected with fungus, you need to act quickly because some fungi secrete acid that will eat away at your lens’ protective coating; the fungi may even etch the glass and ruin the lens.
There are few mixtures you can make to clear away fungus. A hydrogen peroxide blend with ammonia is a good method, as is a vinegar and water solution to remedy the fungus problem.
Make sure you don’t delay, or you’ll need to have the lens professionally dismantled and cleaned, which will be expensive.
If the lens has to be re-coated, then you’re looking at another big charge."
LittleLinnet
post Mar 5 2015, 05:11 AM

Iophobia
3,593 posts

The picture is shot using the camera and the lens that I bought from the seller. And yes it is fungus and probably not worth to have it clean involving all the hassle and costs, thus I asked for a partial refund (RM150) but the seller would not refund me and stated that he sold me a good condition camera and even suspected I try to scam the RM150 from him by simply providing him a picture.

Very disappointing.
fai@fai
post Mar 5 2015, 09:20 AM

44 posts

QUOTE(LittleLinnet @ Mar 5 2015, 05:11 AM)
The picture is shot using the camera and the lens that I bought from the seller. And yes it is fungus and probably not worth to have it clean involving all the hassle and costs, thus I asked for a partial refund (RM150) but the seller would not refund me and stated that he sold me a good condition camera and even suspected I try to scam the RM150 from him by simply providing him a picture.

Very disappointing.
hmm.gif omaigod...that is so obvious if is a picture capture by the dslr........

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0124sec    0.35    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:03 PM