Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Movies BLADE RUNNER: Movies Discussion, Sequel CONFIRMED! Harrison Ford is Back!

views

BeastX
post Oct 12 2017, 08:19 AM

Genomics Revolution; Proud to be a Scientist
5,768 posts

QUOTE(6so @ Oct 12 2017, 07:17 AM)
Dear Mr. BeastX, its appalling for guy who advocate scientific accuracy right and yet even overlook the simplest basic fundamental in your argument.
Michael Green did not came up with the premise of 2049, Hampton Fancher did it together with Ridley Scott while Michael Green was brought in upon production confirmation.
There's a reason for "Fiction" in Science Fiction.
Pseudo Science in MCU simply does not mean its real science just an extra effort to link practical science in a complete make up reality. The conundrum is no one will ever accomplish even the slightest superhuman feat in your beloved MCU.
Lastly you are not as witty as Neil DeGrasse Tyson or Michio Kaku when comes to taking a jab on this kind of things.LOL.
You watch BR for storytelling accomplishment and not how real is the science behind it.
PS as long as cheap MCU joke gags not in it, I'm game for anything else.
Then, I'll invoke a favorite quote used by Neil Degrasse Tyson (by Mark Twain): “Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.”<< That's what I meant by MCU's utilisation of Real Science....that it's within the realm of the probable and unknown, of which one (I) can suspend (my) disbelief... and when it's a glaring display of error, it pull me directly out...

How one would enjoy/derive from watching the movie is up to the individual... as is with your opinion on my witty-ness....

Heads-up on Thor: Ragnarok then..... plenty of cheap jokes & gags....

This post has been edited by BeastX: Oct 12 2017, 08:33 AM
greyshadow
post Oct 12 2017, 08:41 AM

I bleed it out, Diggin' deeper just to throw it away!
1,826 posts

Well, that part did came across my mind, some hard scientific facts were wrong

identical replica? what happened to the X & Y? laugh.gif

on the hunt for reproductive android, IMO Wallace main aim wasn't to create the androids that have have babies among themselves for industry efficiency, it's just the idea of Tyrell can create them, while him cannot, pissed him off, and he wanted to create a perfect obeying being that can reproduce, that's 100% identical to us, will elevate him to the god status.

BeastX
post Oct 12 2017, 09:13 AM

5,768 posts

QUOTE(greyshadow @ Oct 12 2017, 08:41 AM)
Well, that part did came across my mind, some hard scientific facts were wrong

identical replica? what happened to the X & Y? laugh.gif

on the hunt for reproductive android, IMO Wallace main aim wasn't to create the androids that have have babies among themselves for industry efficiency, it's just the idea of Tyrell can create them, while him cannot, pissed him off, and he wanted to create a perfect obeying being that can reproduce, that's 100% identical to us, will elevate him to the god status.
Identical....
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by BeastX: Oct 12 2017, 09:43 AM
6so
post Oct 12 2017, 09:39 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(BeastX @ Oct 12 2017, 09:19 AM)
Then, I'll invoke a favorite quote used by Neil Degrasse Tyson (by Mark Twain): “Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.”<< That's what I meant by MCU's utilisation of Real Science....that it's within the realm of the probable and unknown, of which one (I) can suspend (my) disbelief... and when it's a glaring display of error, it pull me directly out...

How one would enjoy/derive from watching the movie is up to the individual... as is with your opinion on my witty-ness....

Heads-up on Thor: Ragnarok then..... plenty of cheap jokes & gags....
Well i'm not a very bright person who fathom to understand science correctly cause i'm that nightmare student who houdini out of the class after taking the morning attendance. At the bare minimum events in BR has a plausibility happening consequentially in our real world than said a mech suit that is so power efficient that defies any laws of science. I am not gonna say it even possible for replicant to consumate as per the movie. So IMO it's a moot point of debating getting the facts 100 per cent right in order to tell a good story as long as you are not as crazy as Donald Trump bending the facts.

It will be a fair nitpick that you compare BR to say Primer or Upstream Color as the whole premise hinges on getting the science right....just don't peddle MCU pseudo science is holier than thou cause eveyone is there to watch the heroes punching the bad guy.

Already make up my mind of not watching Thor cause I cannot stand those corny mcu brand of jokes and the scientific accuracies will be too much for me to comprehend in a movie of myhical god figures fighting each other. Lol....

This post has been edited by 6so: Oct 12 2017, 10:26 AM
skylinelover
post Oct 13 2017, 04:53 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

Dammit sylvia LUV sie beh hard 2 kill😅😅😂😂been long time never watch any bad girl tougher than nails lately😄😄😄😄
Chrono-Trigger
post Oct 14 2017, 09:14 AM

PERPETUAL BEWILDERMENT
3,802 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Oct 13 2017, 04:53 PM)
Dammit sylvia LUV sie beh hard 2 kill😅😅😂😂been long time never watch any bad girl tougher than nails lately😄😄😄😄
actually her acting very good.
6so
post Oct 14 2017, 10:23 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

After Joi....Luv is my favourite character.
Carla Juri who played Dr. Ana actually another good actress just her role did not have a chance to shine.
skylinelover
post Oct 15 2017, 09:55 AM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(6so @ Oct 14 2017, 10:23 AM)
After Joi....Luv is my favourite character.
Carla Juri who played Dr. Ana actually another good actress just her role did not have a chance to shine.
Hope this 3 will be the next big thing aka new household names when the old retires off 4 good😄😄👍👍
koolspyda
post Oct 15 2017, 06:57 PM

Getting Started
222 posts

QUOTE(BeastX @ Oct 11 2017, 08:38 PM)
Dear Mr. Michael Green...... actually you begin by getting the Universe's science right.... too difficult for you, use real actual science... that's what MCU mostly (with a couple of exceptions) does...

Critical scientific errors committed by BR2049:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Mr Ridley Scott (☺️) has already shown *contempt with science(?), not the first time. I'll be very interested to catch the interviews where these Q or along these lines are posted to Ridley, green & Denis.

I think Hampton dislikes sci fi n apparently has never read "do androids dream of electric sheep" or he isn't a fan of his other work.

*pushing plausible theories or pushing creative license.

This post has been edited by koolspyda: Oct 16 2017, 10:26 PM
6so
post Oct 16 2017, 09:43 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

Do wonder where will Villanueve go next? If come Oscar time BR able to gain traction perhaps his Dune movie/s will be on fast track to production or jump to the next Bond adventure?
Chrono-Trigger
post Oct 17 2017, 12:33 PM

PERPETUAL BEWILDERMENT
3,802 posts

it will be good if ridley scott comes back to direct another sequel to this, hopefully.

QuickFire
post Oct 17 2017, 12:39 PM

The more you sin the more you win
2,865 posts

Anyone who brings up Marvel movies as a point of reference for the science in science fiction has to be trolling.
6so
post Oct 17 2017, 08:06 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

Hahaha..dear lord, a young Mark Kermode hosted this old channel 4 doc about behind the scene dramas of the first movie. Remembered I bought a book that entails the infighting and studio interference during the release of the movie. Guess what I read pretty much the real account.
Some juicy information regarding the filmmaking and who wanted to kill whom during the filming.
brucejetkungfu
post Oct 18 2017, 10:55 AM

0 posts

i read about about this movie review from jetli.com, its great, check it out if you are interested~

https://www.jetli.com/2017/10/blade-runner-2049
whatever06
post Oct 18 2017, 12:56 PM

21 posts

Too many 'full stop'. Waiting for director's cut if there's one. 6.5/10
BeastX
post Oct 19 2017, 09:31 AM

5,768 posts

QUOTE(whatever06 @ Oct 18 2017, 12:56 PM)
Too many 'full stop'. Waiting for director's cut if there's one. 6.5/10
What you saw was the Director's cut (minus the censored frames)....

Reference: http://www.indiewire.com/2017/09/blade-run...uve-1201879662/
hakimix
post Oct 19 2017, 11:14 AM

Getting Started
64 posts

Watched it again but this time in IMAX 3D which I prefer less than 2D due to the environment pops up that cheapens the experience.

I still don't know who tore off the records from the ledger in the orphanage.
koolspyda
post Oct 19 2017, 05:00 PM

Getting Started
222 posts

QUOTE(BeastX @ Oct 19 2017, 10:31 AM)
What you saw was the Director's cut (minus the censored frames)....

Reference: http://www.indiewire.com/2017/09/blade-run...uve-1201879662/
Denis Villeneuve had better experience directing BR2049 than his predecessor Ridley Scott and i suppose Ridley didn’t want the money financiers dictating the edit. Kudos to Ridley and everyone involved

its a pity not everyone understands the movie Villeneuve, Ridley, Roger, Green worked hard one. This is for the fans, Sci Fi movie fans.
Chrono-Trigger
post Oct 20 2017, 10:41 AM

PERPETUAL BEWILDERMENT
3,802 posts

QUOTE(koolspyda @ Oct 19 2017, 05:00 PM)
Denis Villeneuve had better experience directing BR2049 than his predecessor Ridley Scott and i suppose Ridley didn’t want the money financiers dictating the edit. Kudos to Ridley and everyone involved

its a pity not everyone understands the movie Villeneuve, Ridley, Roger, Green worked hard one. This is for the fans, Sci Fi movie fans.
If they do decide to make another sequel, better do it fast before Harrison Ford gg or Ryan Gosling got too old for the role
6so
post Oct 20 2017, 02:52 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(Chrono-Trigger @ Oct 20 2017, 11:41 AM)
If they do decide to make another sequel, better do it fast before Harrison Ford gg or Ryan Gosling got too old for the role
Should the next blade runner happen, it need to find a different angle of just uprising of the replicants to avoid rehashing something along the line of Terminator premise. It need to expand more than human undertones of the replicants in a different light or coming full circle to which the blade runners are the replicants ostracizing humanity.

7 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0280sec    0.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:17 AM