Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car Batteries, What brand do you use? Why?

views

SleeplessEyes
post Mar 3 2015, 05:30 PM

I'm me bro, let me be me
2,390 posts

Surprisingly, when you all assume Maintenance Free battery doesn't require filling up water. I've tried once opening the caps by removing the sticker of a maintenance free battery. Caps are hidden underneath the sticker.

I actually just changed my car battery last year, to INCOE brand, non-maintenance free (cause I dont believe in this MF battery thing), and during it's lifespan until today, I think I've only filled up once and only once so far. After that last fill, Water level so far still okay until today. Doesn't go down to below LOW level.

Few times I left my car for 1 week (go overseas) and after I come back, it still starts at 1 crank only. (And the starter cranking sound, sounded like I just started my car yesterday) . And once I started the car, even with small lights turned on (just to see the gauge)
Only thing I remember is when I am going overseas, I just manually lock my car (in the car porch) ; i don't turn on the alarm, cause I believe that small flashing LED alarm which flashes every 1-2 seconds X 60 mins X 24hours X 7 days , will slowly drain the battery power.

BTW, INCOE brand is quite a good brand and cheap brand, although imported/made in Indonesia
SleeplessEyes
post Feb 11 2019, 05:11 PM

I'm me bro, let me be me
2,390 posts

Just curious.
Im driving Exora turbo.
However when replacing batteries they recommend using Euripean spec Din 55D23L when i used NS70 and it works well.
In fact the CCA is higher (and battery is bigger) and yet much cheaper than 55D23L .

If NS70 is so much cheaper then whats the advantages of using DIN55 which is smaller yet CCA lower.

I know its a Proton badge but as i know they put some European electronics inside.
SleeplessEyes
post Jul 30 2021, 10:58 AM

I'm me bro, let me be me
2,390 posts

QUOTE(myteam94 @ Jul 30 2021, 02:17 AM)
I change my battery last year and it is still less than a year right now

however, it seem my car kept kong if didn't drive at least for 2 days.

Is there a way to diagnose it why kept happening again? I suspect Parasitic Battery Drain.
If you have a multimeter, then you can diagnose it. Though I would recommend using clamp meter - Clamp meter, dont need to remove battery terminal.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0425sec    0.50    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:20 PM