Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

23 Pages « < 19 20 21 22 23 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Car Batteries, What brand do you use? Why?

views

se800i
post May 16 2019, 03:28 PM

Regular
1,035 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ May 14 2019, 05:22 PM)
So this Amaron battery is good brand? Any nearby Kepong area for me to get my battery tested?
i think kepong do have... try check with mechanic workshop
for me amaron is a good brand...
Roman Catholic
post May 16 2019, 04:18 PM

Casual
324 posts

QUOTE(Ricky300 @ May 16 2019, 11:39 AM)
I normally check my battery everytime i service and replace it whenever it is weak (15- 18 ) months....

I will opt for the cheapest coz i rather change the battery earlier...peace of mind
Battery manufacturers always love customers like this and more so if they are loyal.
Ricky300
post May 16 2019, 04:24 PM

Regular
1,431 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ May 16 2019, 04:18 PM)
Battery manufacturers always love customers like this and more so if they are loyal.
lolx....ok la...RM200 for 15-18 months....
Roman Catholic
post May 16 2019, 04:59 PM

Casual
324 posts

QUOTE(Ricky300 @ May 16 2019, 04:24 PM)
lolx....ok la...RM200 for 15-18 months....
Battery manufacturers don't like people like me especislly Rm190 for 48 months ....
thenazek
post May 21 2019, 05:56 PM

Getting Started
219 posts

QUOTE(Ricky300 @ May 16 2019, 11:39 AM)
I normally check my battery everytime i service and replace it whenever it is weak (15- 18 ) months....

I will opt for the cheapest coz i rather change the battery earlier...peace of mind
No worry laa these days are much easier. If your battery die, just open smartphone and you can already get someone to help you change to new battery
Roman Catholic
post May 21 2019, 06:26 PM

Casual
324 posts

QUOTE(thenazek @ May 21 2019, 05:56 PM)
No worry laa these days are much easier. If your battery die, just open smartphone and you can already get someone to help you change to new battery
What Ricky300 said makes hell a lot of sense. Periodic maintenance & inspection is the key to removing batteries that's going downhill from service altogether.

What you've written is also true albeit partially. Sure no worries, if a weak battery fails to crank the car and that's it. This is a blessing cause it will be replaced without any incident whatsoever.

However, should a weak battery EXPLODE while still in service for whatever reason, irregardless whether it's under Warranty or otherwise, then what ? Those who are good at probability can probably work out the chances of the battery exploding.

I wish explosion of such are mere fiction but it's undeniable that generally the number of cases due to battery exploding worldwide is on the rise as well.

No doubt help is just a call away, but such help is literally of no use at all, if they don't clean the posts & terminals that's stained with gunk because that will be against their interest.

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: May 21 2019, 06:41 PM
ZoomGarde
post May 21 2019, 11:01 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

How about original varta batteries?
Roman Catholic
post May 22 2019, 03:40 PM

Casual
324 posts

QUOTE(ZoomGarde @ May 21 2019, 11:01 PM)
How about original varta batteries?
So far I haven't heard any complaints about the German made Varta's batteries except that it's the best.
Thrust
post May 22 2019, 03:48 PM

Power To The People!!!
2,672 posts

If possible, I would prefer to use Century's Ultramax.

Performance wise is acceptable and it is made in Malaysia.

Amaron and Exide are made in India and this will cause outflow of fund.

Have to support Malaysia made products.
spreeeee
post Jun 25 2019, 12:04 PM

♠ . ♥ . ♣ . ♦
3,022 posts

what is/are the sign that battery is going to die and need replacement?

p/s: except cannot start at all, every1 know it.
Roman Catholic
post Jun 25 2019, 12:27 PM

Casual
324 posts

QUOTE(spreeeee @ Jun 25 2019, 12:04 PM)
what is/are the sign that battery is going to die and need replacement?

p/s: except cannot start at all, every1 know it.
A battery deteriorates over time and as it deteriorates through its various stages, the only way to detect it, is via having a proper battery diagnostics done regularly, sort of basic maintenance for battery.

Nipping the problem in the bud before it happens is way more effective than just replacing a dead battery alone.

Example about a recent Branded battery exploding. I was surprised to know that a friend of mine had the same brand under the hood.

Was called to test it out and found out the voltage was unusually high 13V while the tester says Replace Battery as the Battery was in the 19th month of service. He did the replacement eventually and I took away that battery to understand it further.

Found out it was extremely low on electrolytes and plates were exposed. No doubt at such high voltage could still crank the car but what do you think is going to happen if he continued using that battery under existing circumstances ? Russian roulette if you ask me.

Readings just taken seconds ago,
Voltage : 12.89V
CCA : 145 Amps
Verdict : Replace Battery
The battery has been out-of-vehicle condition since 11 June 2019 but it's still holding its charge for whatever reason.

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: Jun 25 2019, 12:39 PM
spreeeee
post Jun 26 2019, 10:28 AM

♠ . ♥ . ♣ . ♦
3,022 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jun 25 2019, 12:27 PM)
A battery deteriorates over time and as it deteriorates through its various stages, the only way to detect it, is via having a proper battery diagnostics done regularly, sort of basic maintenance for battery.

Nipping the problem in the bud before it happens is way more effective than just replacing a dead battery alone.

Example about a recent Branded battery exploding. I was surprised to know that a friend of mine had the same brand under the hood.

Was called to test it out and found out the voltage was unusually high 13V while the tester says Replace Battery as the Battery was in the 19th month of service. He did the replacement eventually and I took away that battery to understand it further.

Found out it was extremely low on electrolytes and plates were exposed. No doubt at such high voltage could still crank the car but what do you think is going to happen if he continued using that battery under existing circumstances ? Russian roulette if you ask me.

Readings just taken seconds ago,
Voltage : 12.89V
CCA : 145 Amps
Verdict : Replace Battery
The battery has been out-of-vehicle condition since 11 June 2019 but it's still holding its charge for whatever reason.
So, where are the signs?
Roman Catholic
post Jun 26 2019, 10:34 AM

Casual
324 posts

QUOTE(spreeeee @ Jun 26 2019, 10:28 AM)
So, where are the signs?
Will keep it short.

During Battery Maintenance & Servicing, when the diagnostic tool prints out a report on the battery. That's the first sign.

Otherwise it's the usual signs, lower lights intensity, longer than usual cranking time and it's a matter of days before the battery dies.
spreeeee
post Jun 26 2019, 12:57 PM

♠ . ♥ . ♣ . ♦
3,022 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jun 26 2019, 10:34 AM)
Will keep it short.

During Battery Maintenance & Servicing, when the diagnostic tool prints out a report on the battery. That's the first sign.

Otherwise it's the usual signs, lower lights intensity, longer than usual cranking time and it's a matter of days before the battery dies.
Serviced car on Apr2019, was told the CCA reading is below average/normal reading, SA asked if want to change or not, said can last another one month only, but till today still working (touch wood).. no signs of the battery is about to die.. just drive as usual. It is stock battery from October 2017.
Roman Catholic
post Jun 26 2019, 01:08 PM

Casual
324 posts

QUOTE(spreeeee @ Jun 26 2019, 12:57 PM)
Serviced car on Apr2019, was told the CCA reading is below average/normal reading, SA asked if want to change or not, said can last another one month only, but till today still working (touch wood).. no signs of the battery is about to die.. just drive as usual. It is stock battery from October 2017.
Isn't there a print out copy of the test report for you ? If yes please post it, mate. Thanks.

So the battery came together with your new car and it's now 21 months old.

Q : What's your car make & model &
Q : What's your battery make & model too.
Roman Catholic
post Jun 26 2019, 01:09 PM

Casual
324 posts

QUOTE(spreeeee @ Jun 26 2019, 12:57 PM)
Isn't there a print out copy of the test report for you ? If yes please post it, mate. Thanks.

Q : What's your battery make & size too.

Well taken care of batteries can last to 4 years, some accounts even longer 5/6 years. I think it's possible.

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: Jun 26 2019, 01:11 PM
spreeeee
post Jun 26 2019, 02:19 PM

♠ . ♥ . ♣ . ♦
3,022 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jun 26 2019, 01:09 PM)

Q : What's your battery make & size too.

Well taken care of batteries can last to 4 years, some accounts even longer 5/6 years. I think it's possible.
Lost the print out.. lol
Bezza.
Battery make/size not sure.. can’t see.

Roman Catholic
post Jun 26 2019, 02:23 PM

Casual
324 posts

QUOTE(spreeeee @ Jun 26 2019, 02:19 PM)
Lost the print out.. lol
Bezza.
Battery make/size not sure.. can’t see.
Your Bezza 1.3 Advance model with Start Stop function ?
wkc5657
post Jun 26 2019, 03:07 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jun 26 2019, 10:34 AM)
Will keep it short.

For more modern cars/higher cc cars, there may not be a chance to actually witness a slow cranking. Could just die after a normal start, i experienced a few times already.

Best is still the diagnostic test device, but still depend of the device quality.
Roman Catholic
post Jun 26 2019, 03:13 PM

Casual
324 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Jun 26 2019, 03:07 PM)
For more modern cars/higher cc cars, there may not be a chance to actually witness a slow cranking. Could just die after a normal start, i experienced a few times already.

Best is still the diagnostic test device, but still depend of the device quality.
Yup it's the quality of the device, which I was hoping to see from the report slip. ☹️

23 Pages « < 19 20 21 22 23 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0969sec    2.53    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th August 2019 - 07:03 PM