Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car Batteries, What brand do you use? Why?

views

cucubud
post May 14 2019, 11:13 PM

Super Moderator
3,067 posts

QUOTE(allenultra @ May 14 2019, 10:39 PM)
icon_rolleyes.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif

cucubud

NS60 18-month warranty - RM190 siap trade-in smile.gif
What brand is this battery?
Do you have longer warranty for the battery?
allenultra
post May 14 2019, 11:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,026 posts

QUOTE(cucubud @ May 14 2019, 11:13 PM)
What brand is this battery?
Do you have longer warranty for the battery?
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=4779078&hl=
cucubud
post May 15 2019, 01:01 PM

Super Moderator
3,067 posts

Did a survey on batteries brand for my CRV.
Which one is the best choice?

user posted image
K1963
post May 15 2019, 01:13 PM

38 posts

What the N70 battery prices?
Roman Catholic
post May 15 2019, 02:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(cucubud @ May 15 2019, 01:01 PM)

user posted image
I am a sucker for Century Ultramax.

In view that Lead Acid Batteries contains hazardous chemicals, I would like to offer free battery test for anyone in Melaka area where possible plus tips & tricks. PM for an appointment.

Due to difficulty for me to obtain CCA data on battery makes other than Century, car owners are advised to find out the relevant CCA's for their respective batteries in order for me to do diagnostic test.

Cheers.

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: May 15 2019, 02:57 PM
twwong
post May 15 2019, 03:08 PM

Getting Started
220 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ May 13 2019, 06:33 AM)
Bro.,

Those are not small tips but those are very important steps in basic care & maintenance of battery. It's akin to like a cockpit wherein the pilot after cranking the engine, slowly powers up other items. These batteries ain't cheap.

Car batteries are basically starter batteries with limited Reserve Capacity, so starter batteries that constantly operated under high loads + Cranking which is its primary job, ain't going to last it's Warranty Period. LOL
Thanks man share some tips with us too. My first original battery from Japan (CBU car from Japan) only lasted 2 years, 2nd battery lasted twice as long, not sure why.

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ May 13 2019, 07:29 AM)
My beat-up workhorse Kancil. LOL

Achieved
MT = 48 months
Few other AT's = 29 months & still running.

It's all about learning and improving ourselves I guess.

Another lady use to achieve 12 months on average and since she is willing to learn, she recently achieved 29 months with Marathoner MF Battery on 1 March 2019. Now I am targeting her to score 36 months instead. Myvi 1st-Gen AT.

All batteries quoted above are Century batteries, even the battery used by the other lady driver.
Huh what does car transmission have anything to do with the 12V battery. . ???
cucubud
post May 15 2019, 03:51 PM

Super Moderator
3,067 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ May 15 2019, 02:51 PM)
I am a sucker for Century Ultramax.

You would rather pay RM40 more for the additional 3 months warranty or just trust the Century brand?

Will you pay another RM30 (from Century Ultramax) to get the Amaron Hi Life to test out this brand?

Roman Catholic
post May 15 2019, 04:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(cucubud @ May 15 2019, 03:51 PM)
You would rather pay RM40 more for the additional 3 months warranty or just trust the Century brand?

Will you pay another RM30 (from Century Ultramax) to get the Amaron Hi Life to test out this brand?
Yes this sucker would and don't ask me for a reason. LOL I won't let the cat out of the bag. If I do achieve 5 years from now, then I will know that that reason is accurate.
cucubud
post May 15 2019, 04:51 PM

Super Moderator
3,067 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ May 15 2019, 04:45 PM)
Yes this sucker would and don't ask me for a reason. LOL  I won't let the cat out of the bag. If I do achieve 5 years from now, then I will know that that reason is accurate.
Your answer is to my first question or second question?

Roman Catholic
post May 15 2019, 05:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(twwong @ May 15 2019, 03:08 PM)
Thanks man share some tips with us too. My first original battery from Japan (CBU car from Japan) only lasted 2 years, 2nd battery lasted twice as long, not sure why.
Huh what does car transmission have anything to do with the 12V battery. . ???
Imported batteries that comes together with a new imported vehicle always performs far way better than local batteries and there are many testimonies to that. However your case is really an odd one, furthermore it's not like you're a green horn with batteries.

I apologize if that suggested transmission. The idea behind that was just to show that it's possible to extend battery lifespan with normal usage that's all. The lady nor her family initially didn't believed but since it's lasted 29 months on the first try, now they believed. I hope that this round she will achieve 36 months barring unforseen circumstances.

Your humility is good and that's why youve managed to hit 4 years too. The real masters posts about batteries although extremely short, carries a lot of weight. Me write long long no use one, redundant only. Thread becomes nothing but longer and longer only.

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: May 15 2019, 05:09 PM
Strorge P
post May 15 2019, 05:11 PM

Probation
3 posts

panasonic
Roman Catholic
post May 15 2019, 05:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(cucubud @ May 15 2019, 04:51 PM)
Your answer is to my first question or second question?
Sorry I missed answering your question. I thought when I stated being a sucker meant that I would pay for Century battery no matter what. My father-in-law trusted Century all his life and I've been using Century for so long, wanting to change just for the sake of changing is just not me.

Besides Century has worked marvelously every time except just once early this year but it was professionally resolved by HQ, there's no point changing. Old habits die hard really hard. Anyway if I can hit 5 years with the new Century jangan cakap lagi lah.
wkc5657
post May 15 2019, 05:23 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(cucubud @ May 15 2019, 01:01 PM)

user posted image
Cost/performance wise, default camel. But this pricing unlikely to last long as this brand is trying to break into the market with very attractive pricing, future pricing could be on par with competitors. New brand, but they are building a battery plant in malaysia, so future outlook quite favourable. Also proton's OEM battery supplier now.

Next would be century, since it is in the market for a long time. Pricing and performance is good too.

This post has been edited by wkc5657: May 15 2019, 05:23 PM
cucubud
post May 15 2019, 07:04 PM

Super Moderator
3,067 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ May 15 2019, 05:22 PM)
Sorry I missed answering your question. I thought when I stated being a sucker meant that I would pay for Century battery no matter what. My father-in-law trusted Century all his life and I've been using Century for so long, wanting to change just for the sake of changing is just not me.

Besides Century has worked marvelously every time except just once early this year but it was professionally resolved by HQ, there's no point changing. Old habits die hard really hard. Anyway if I can hit 5 years with the new Century jangan cakap lagi lah.
Ok. Got it now.
cucubud
post May 15 2019, 07:15 PM

Super Moderator
3,067 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ May 15 2019, 05:23 PM)
Cost/performance wise, default camel. But this pricing unlikely to last long as this brand is trying to break into the market with very attractive pricing, future pricing could be on par with competitors. New brand, but they are building a battery plant in malaysia, so future outlook quite favourable. Also proton's OEM battery supplier now.

Next would be century, since it is in the market for a long time. Pricing and performance is good too.
Recently I claimed warranty on another car battery after 19 months of usage.
If I had used the Camel brand, I would have to buy another battery.
If Camel battery comes with 21 months warranty, I might give it a try.
I am thinking of going back to Century Ultramax.

Thanks to those who have given their opinions.
andrekua2
post May 16 2019, 08:34 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,490 posts

QUOTE(cucubud @ May 15 2019, 07:15 PM)
Recently I claimed warranty on another car battery after 19 months of usage.
If I had used the Camel brand, I would have to buy another battery.
If Camel battery comes with 21 months warranty, I might give it a try.
I am thinking of going back to Century Ultramax.

Thanks to those who have given their opinions.
I thought Century is one of the worse battery out there.

I usually buy Panasonic, but there was once where my uncle's car battery gone bad. I gave him my battery and took his since the shop closed (shop assistance was bad and sold him with the terminal inverted) and I had a spare car at home. Cut the story short, my older Panasonic still works in his car whereas the Century Marathon that I took from him already gone few months ago.
cucubud
post May 16 2019, 08:46 AM

Super Moderator
3,067 posts

QUOTE(andrekua2 @ May 16 2019, 08:34 AM)
I thought Century is one of the worse battery out there.

I usually buy Panasonic, but there was once where my uncle's car battery gone bad. I gave him my battery and took his since the shop closed (shop assistance was bad and sold him with the terminal inverted) and I had a spare car at home. Cut the story short, my older Panasonic still works in his car whereas the Century Marathon that I took from him already gone few months ago.
I kinda look for a brand that has the longest warranty period.
The Century Ultramax in my Vios died on the 19th month. Lucky still can claim warranty.
The Century Ultramax in my CRV currently on 31st month. Honda Service said the battery is at 41%.

If other brands can give 21 months or longer warranty on their batteries with a competitive price, I might give them a shot.

Amaron Hi Life has 21 months warranty. I might consider this brand.

Any other brands with 21 months or more warranty that I am not aware of?
Please recommend.

Ricky300
post May 16 2019, 11:39 AM

Regular
1,514 posts

I normally check my battery everytime i service and replace it whenever it is weak (15- 18 ) months....

I will opt for the cheapest coz i rather change the battery earlier...peace of mind
cucubud
post May 16 2019, 12:04 PM

Super Moderator
3,067 posts

QUOTE(Ricky300 @ May 16 2019, 11:39 AM)
I normally check my battery everytime i service and replace it whenever it is weak (15- 18 ) months....

I will opt for the cheapest coz i rather change the battery earlier...peace of mind
Different strategy.
Need to do some comparisons with warranty period.
se800i
post May 16 2019, 03:28 PM

Regular
1,893 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ May 14 2019, 05:22 PM)
So this Amaron battery is good brand? Any nearby Kepong area for me to get my battery tested?
i think kepong do have... try check with mechanic workshop
for me amaron is a good brand...

30 Pages « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0246sec    0.71    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:08 PM