Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

HR Careers in Oil and Gas Industries

views

TSkumuwawa
post Mar 9 2015, 02:58 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(thoyol @ Mar 9 2015, 12:46 PM)
I won't say that SBSC is a O&G HR role. It is a Shared Centre role.

For freshie - a good starting place as it has everything sorted out in term of process. You follow the best practice, the best policy and etc. Everything is in place, you just need to follow the flow..
You must be talking about SHELL graduate programme
ZZMsia
post Mar 9 2015, 09:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,303 posts

QUOTE(kumuwawa @ Mar 9 2015, 02:57 AM)
Ive done screening in Schl. but does not know the actual wages yet. Though the risky part is that they lay off 9000 people due to budget readjustments
Believe SBC was not part of that layover phase-mostly for Schlumberger and their engineering staff.

Chyan
post Mar 11 2015, 01:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,192 posts

It is a norm for HR graduates be in this industry for the first time?
TSkumuwawa
post Mar 11 2015, 01:16 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(Chyan @ Mar 11 2015, 01:09 AM)
It is a norm for HR graduates be in this industry for the first time?
HR can be in all types of industry
TSkumuwawa
post Mar 21 2015, 12:47 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(thoyol @ Mar 5 2015, 11:51 AM)
ouch, pity me I'm in HR. Being hated by no reason. tongue.gif

Anyway for O&G HR, definitely there is a difference between other industry. The roles is the same but the business understanding is the one that differentiate 1 HR person from another.

You need to understand the jargon/technicality used in the industry for you to operate efficiently. The remuneration/policy/benefit for Turnaround/Shutdown, HUC & TI, Subsurface, Project Management, Site Personnel, Offshore Based, Onshore Based differ from each other therefore you need to be at least familiar with it. Sometimes you even need to involve in JV management with Petronas or JV partner in setting up policy and backend process (recruitment, staff management, work authorization, time-write, back charges, cost recovery and etc). So its kinda different compared to other industry.

O&G industry moved really fast and a super expensive industry. Thats why HR in O&G is being paid higher compared to other. Anyway it is similar to other role as well. A Process Engineer in semicon is not similar to Process Engineer in O&G. A Geologist in mining industry is not comparable to Geologist in subsurface.
Good informative. Im starting my internship soon. How can i join internship with petronas?

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0113sec    0.32    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:05 AM