90 Pages « < 53 54 55 56 57 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> CANTARA RESIDENCE, AD

views

teehk_tee
post Jan 21 2019, 04:46 PM

ไม่เป็นไร
5,358 posts

was tempted at cantara about a year plus back.

then after a while decided not to, with the onslaught of units at Ara D.

wait for subsale to collapse like at many SD projects (when SD undercuts their own launch price to clear unsold inventory) then pick up virgin unit at subsale better.
Tomo922
post Jan 21 2019, 05:28 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(Bjorn1688 @ Jan 21 2019, 04:21 PM)
All units of the Cantara with a +1 doesn't come with a door.
Thank you.
Planning to install door for the study room also.
Any other owners who willing to install too?
Bjorn1688
post Jan 22 2019, 01:25 AM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(Tomo922 @ Jan 21 2019, 05:28 PM)
Thank you.
Planning to install door for the study room also.
Any other owners who willing to install too?
Ultimately will depend whether I choose to stay there or rent it out.

If I rent it out, then will depend on what my tenant wants. Some may want it as a store or maids room and in that case I'd install a door.

If I stay there, most likely I will use it as a home office and study room for my kid. Most likely will have a dual split sliding glass door.

If possible I might remove the wall to make the entrance area more open plan. Will see upon VP.

Any particular reasons why you want to put a door there?

Tomo922
post Jan 22 2019, 08:06 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(Bjorn1688 @ Jan 22 2019, 01:25 AM)
Ultimately will depend whether I choose to stay there or rent it out.

If I rent it out, then will depend on what my tenant wants. Some may want it as a store or maids room and in that case I'd install a door.

If I stay there, most likely I will use it as a home office and study room for my kid. Most likely will have a dual split sliding glass door.

If possible I might remove the wall to make the entrance area more open plan. Will see upon VP.

Any particular reasons why you want to put a door there?
Going to make it as store room. So it will be more nicer to make it close area. Sliding door sounds good.
james.tan
post Jan 24 2019, 02:17 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(susanboon @ Dec 4 2018, 10:10 AM)
PM'ed
BUMP! Can u also PM me the price for
1) Type D - 1,184 sf
2) Type E - 1,378 sf

Thanks thanks..
holypredator
post Jan 26 2019, 01:42 PM

Ketard Gang
1,646 posts

Is it me or does Cantara rebates kept fluctuating?

Based on what I can gather from this thread

2015 - 16% rebate, block C 5% rebate only

2016 - 5% rebate + prime rebate comes with kitchen cabinet, hob n Hood, two ac, water heater n 1st yr free maintenance

2017 -
1. Upfront prime - 1.5% to 2%
2. Vip fast track - 3%
3. Early signing rebate - 2%
4. Additional RM 8,888

some people mention they got 13% + CNY rebate RM8,888

Then something about 6% maxis customer rebate

2018 -
*8% REBATE
*Additional 2% Rebate if sign SPA in 21 days

3% + 2% + 2% + RM8,888 discount for Block A.

2019 -
Some guy says 17% discount from ballot

Actually how much is the real rebate one? Why so confusing?
Bjorn1688
post Jan 29 2019, 12:43 AM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(holypredator @ Jan 26 2019, 01:42 PM)
Is it me or does Cantara rebates kept fluctuating?

Based on what I can gather from this thread

2015 - 16% rebate, block C 5% rebate only

2016 - 5% rebate + prime rebate comes with kitchen cabinet, hob n Hood, two ac, water heater n 1st yr free maintenance

2017 -
1. Upfront prime - 1.5% to 2%
2. Vip fast track - 3%
3. Early signing rebate - 2%
4. Additional RM 8,888

some people mention they got 13% + CNY rebate RM8,888

Then something about 6% maxis customer rebate

2018 -
*8% REBATE
*Additional 2% Rebate if sign SPA in 21 days

3% + 2% + 2% + RM8,888 discount for Block A.

2019 -
Some guy says 17% discount from ballot
Actually how much is the real rebate one? Why so confusing?
The rebates has varied according to my REA that handled the sale of my unit.

SDP been doing a timed promotion route to drive sales.
holypredator
post Jan 29 2019, 08:23 PM

Ketard Gang
1,646 posts

QUOTE(Bjorn1688 @ Jan 29 2019, 12:43 AM)
The rebates has varied according to my REA that handled the sale of my unit.

SDP been doing a timed promotion route to drive sales.
Then those who bought at the wrong time kena screwed gao gao la?

Bjorn1688
post Jan 29 2019, 09:17 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(holypredator @ Jan 29 2019, 08:23 PM)
You could say that.

Sand Dust
post Jan 29 2019, 10:47 PM

On my way
600 posts

QUOTE(holypredator @ Jan 29 2019, 08:23 PM)
Companies also need to survive. Not good for anyone as well if many units unsold. Supermarket, Padini, Lazada, Taobao also price same products differently depends on sales and strategy.
holypredator
post Jan 29 2019, 11:23 PM

Ketard Gang
1,646 posts

QUOTE(Sand Dust @ Jan 29 2019, 10:47 PM)
Companies also need to survive. Not good for anyone as well if many units unsold. Supermarket, Padini, Lazada, Taobao also price same products differently depends on sales and strategy.
Whatever that you've listed are called consumer goods. You buy it first you consume it first, that is the price you pay for being an early adopter.

For property project, that is not the case cause you buy it first or you buy it later, all will get the product the same time, so basically you get screwed if they suddenly decide to just play around with the price.

If they want to clear unsold units, why not throw in more freebies for ALL units? It's not too late hack they have yet to even complete the building structure let alone begin in furnishing.

There are a lot of ways to go about it but giving more rebates ain't one of them unless they are those one off type of company whereby there is no future reputation at stake.

Perhaps it is because Cantara is the only project left for Sime @ Ara Damansara hence they don't really care I guess. I think Isola and Lot 15 is quite steady in terms of pricing and rebate where the maximum difference so far is only 1% extra. I guess they have a lot more to lose cause they have plenty of land left @ SS16 and driving the price down would literally screw all the other potential projects there.

This post has been edited by holypredator: Jan 29 2019, 11:23 PM
Bjorn1688
post Jan 31 2019, 05:39 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(holypredator @ Jan 29 2019, 11:23 PM)

There are a lot of ways to go about it but giving more rebates ain't one of them unless they are those one off type of company whereby there is no future reputation at stake.
Perhaps it is because Cantara is the only project left for Sime @ Ara Damansara hence they don't really care I guess. I think Isola and Lot 15 is quite steady in terms of pricing and rebate where the maximum difference so far is only 1% extra. I guess they have a lot more to lose cause they have plenty of land left @ SS16 and driving the price down would literally screw all the other potential projects there.
SDP still has one more parcel of land to develop at AD, supposedly it will be a landed development and they are also involved in the Oasis Rio with Brunsfield.

I believe the real reason why they are throwing in rebates they were they are and it isn't just limited to SDP, nearly every single project currently with unsold units has something similar going on. The reason is fairly simple, most 1st time buyers simply have zero savings and this is a fairly easy way to get them onto the property ladder. Freebies doesn't solve the no money for downpayment issues.
BEANCOUNTER
post Jan 31 2019, 06:04 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(Bjorn1688 @ Jan 31 2019, 05:39 PM)
The reason is fairly simple, most 1st time buyers simply have zero savings and this is a fairly easy way to get them onto the property ladder. Freebies doesn't solve the no money for downpayment issues.
Not only they have little saving, but they also want fame addresses, close to their families and etc......cam have bragging rite mah.....

Tak kan nak tell friends you stay at puncak alam.....damansara sounds much better......
aaron1717
post Jan 31 2019, 09:18 PM

Chui Shui in Property Manyak Best!
All Stars
10,169 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Jan 31 2019, 06:04 PM)
Not only they have little saving, but they also want fame addresses, close to their families and etc......cam have bragging rite mah.....

Tak kan nak tell friends you stay at puncak alam.....damansara sounds much better......
sorry boss for staying at PA... and letting my frens and relatives know.... cry.gif cry.gif
BEANCOUNTER
post Jan 31 2019, 10:17 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(aaron1717 @ Jan 31 2019, 09:18 PM)
sorry boss for staying at PA... and letting my frens and relatives know....  cry.gif  cry.gif
in general what were the 1st reaction when you told yr peers that you are staying at hillpark, puncak alam? devil.gif
aaron1717
post Jan 31 2019, 10:31 PM

All Stars
10,169 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Jan 31 2019, 10:17 PM)
in general what were the 1st reaction when you told yr peers that you are staying at hillpark, puncak alam? devil.gif
my side those from KL geh will waaaa but also left not much still staying in KL anymore.... those staying at PJ, setia alam, shah alam etc still okay...
BEANCOUNTER
post Jan 31 2019, 11:20 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(aaron1717 @ Jan 31 2019, 10:31 PM)
my side those from KL geh will waaaa but also left not much still staying in KL anymore.... those staying at PJ, setia alam, shah alam etc still okay...
Pj nangs know where is parkhills?
aaron1717
post Feb 2 2019, 01:28 PM

All Stars
10,169 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Jan 31 2019, 11:20 PM)
Pj nangs know where is parkhills?
alot of tmy frens also went there have a look before they settle down with new condo at PJ... last time the advertising from agents damn strong... bring alot of interested buyers to have a visit....
Bjorn1688
post Feb 3 2019, 03:52 AM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Jan 31 2019, 06:04 PM)

Haha, sounds like my ex-wife.

She had issues living in OUG, claimed it wasn't a famed area and only the "Cina" types lived there, she forgot what colour her skin is I suppose. Not that she was happy when I told her that.

Her preference? Mutiara Damansara near the IKEA. Of course she didn't want to believe that was just Sg Buloh/Kepong area.

Thankfully she left me.

Anyway myself I'm not one to live in famed areas, drive fancy cars, wear trendy clothes or dine at posh places. Even the years at uni, preferred living in a rented room in a council flat located in a very rough area of Birmingham. Drove a 20 year old Morris Marina. Wore clothes I found from the clearance racks or charity shops. Breakfast? A banana, bowl of cereal and milk. Lunch usually a prepared sandwich from home and an apple. Dinner, baked beans on toast made from frozen stale bread. Other staple food was whatever I could find at the clearance aisle of the supermarket. Worked 3 mornings a week driving the milk float and 1 evening per week pulling pints at a pub.

Even these days we still live in that single storey terrace house in OUG, every single piece of furniture is 2nd hand and nearly every single appliance we have other than the air conditioners are 2nd hand too. Everyone tends to ask why we don't renovate our house or move to one of our condos.

Only thing big ticket that is new that we own is a Kia Sportage which we bought when the GST was set to zero all other cars we own are over 10 years old. Only reason we bought the new car was we needed the space with a baby around.

BEANCOUNTER
post Feb 3 2019, 11:10 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(Bjorn1688 @ Feb 3 2019, 03:52 AM)
Haha, sounds like my ex-wife.

She had issues living in OUG, claimed it wasn't a famed area and only the "Cina" types lived there, she forgot what colour her skin is I suppose. Not that she was happy when I told her that.

Her preference? Mutiara Damansara near the IKEA. Of course she didn't want to believe that was just Sg Buloh/Kepong area.

Thankfully she left me.

Anyway myself I'm not one to live in famed areas, drive fancy cars, wear trendy clothes or dine at posh places. Even the years at uni, preferred living in a rented room in a council flat located in a very rough area of Birmingham. Drove a 20 year old Morris Marina. Wore clothes I found from the clearance racks or charity shops. Breakfast? A banana, bowl of cereal and milk. Lunch usually a prepared sandwich from home and an apple. Dinner, baked beans on toast made from frozen stale bread. Other staple food was whatever I could find at the clearance aisle of the supermarket. Worked 3 mornings a week driving the milk float and 1 evening per week pulling pints at a pub.

Even these days we still live in that single storey terrace house in OUG, every single piece of furniture is 2nd hand and nearly every single appliance we have other than the air conditioners are 2nd hand too. Everyone tends to ask why we don't renovate our house or move to one of our condos.

Only thing big ticket that is new that we own is a Kia Sportage which we bought when the GST was set to zero all other cars we own are over 10 years old. Only reason we bought the new car was we needed the space with a baby around.
each to its own, seriously. but one thing for sure, make sure you have enuf cash reserve in yr bank acc before showing off......this will be my threshold. no point staying at fame address where you need to be in the job to pay yr mortgage. you also need to lick yr boss's shoes in order you dun get fired from your job.

you are the second person that bought kia sportage during the tax exempted period that I know of. don't tell me you also got the bright orange color model. tongue.gif

90 Pages « < 53 54 55 56 57 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0259sec    0.23    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:39 PM