Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Poll: siapa salah? Customers vs Owners/Staffs, poor service vs rude customers

Who's to blame in this Star articles?

1) Customers ( All Stars Rich Malaysians, Gen X & Y, Expatriates, Elites [ 16 ] ** [20.51%]
2) Restaurant Owner/Staffs(Foreign workers and kampung locals, Auntie , Apek, Mak Cik , Pak Cik, Towkay) [ 28 ] ** [35.90%]
3) Government [ 34 ] ** [43.59%]
Total Votes: 78
Guests cannot vote 
views

+3kk!
post Feb 27 2015, 02:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,275 posts

QUOTE(hackwire @ Feb 27 2015, 01:54 PM)
Our govt lazy to act and walk around . they wait for complaints only starts to act.
just 100 complaints they received from customers...
http://www.expatgomalaysia.com/2015/02/25/...ty-eateries-kl/
actually thats the right way

most countries they depend on public reports to make the decision, like police, if the public doesn't report, funds are not allocated to the right places.

to ask the gov and go out to catch means they need to form teams, these teams easily can take up millions of dollars and are woefully inefficient

its more baffling why the rakyat lazy to do their duty as a malaysian
SUScicaques
post Feb 27 2015, 02:11 PM

1 posts

semua pun sama celaka
viole
post Feb 27 2015, 02:22 PM

KFC Lover
838 posts

i thought owners have the right to decline a customer?

some bar in US clearly write, we dont serve jew here during the palestine issue.

but take the risk la.
harvin6
post Feb 27 2015, 02:23 PM

On my way
516 posts

"Don't like dont come here"...LOL then "Dont like doing business with malaysian don't open business here" because customer service is important but ignorance is intolerable.
11c
post Feb 27 2015, 02:26 PM

Getting Started
103 posts

If tipping is a culture here, waitress earning will depends on their attitude.
TShackwire
post Feb 27 2015, 02:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,256 posts

QUOTE(harvin6 @ Feb 27 2015, 02:23 PM)
"Don't like dont come here"...LOL then "Dont like doing business with malaysian don't open business here" because customer service is important but ignorance is intolerable.
next time if some idiots belasah me don't like don't come here, i knew what to say now. thumbup.gif

it's really humiliating in the public if ken a halau like that. As customer, we can't even report, their business so good and became arrogant.
delon85
post Feb 27 2015, 02:30 PM

Ad Astra
1,056 posts

QUOTE(Blofeld @ Feb 27 2015, 01:40 PM)
So simple

If you cannot handle difficult customers/clients, then DON'T work in the service industry. In this industry, you are bound to meet all sorts of customers/clients. Don't blame the customers because it's your job to handle them appropriately.

I have met all sorts of rude clients, but I can't stoop down to their level. If a client scolded me stupid, I can't retaliate the same. Instead I have to reply with courtesy.

Unless you are the same type of person as that customer, then I have no comment.

Same goes with politicians. Likewise, If you cannot handle difficult questions from reporters in media conference, then DON'T be a politician.

I can see some people in /k/ blaming the reporters instead. If you have poor public relations skills in a media conference, just admit it. Don't blame reporters.
i was misquoted/out of context/lu xphm bahasa ah mau i translate dlm bahasa omputeh bodoh peh kambing
TShackwire
post Feb 27 2015, 02:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,256 posts

QUOTE(11c @ Feb 27 2015, 02:26 PM)
If tipping is a culture here, waitress earning will depends on their attitude.
some hawkers were owner and they charged per plate/bowl. so no point to tips the owner right?
Some restaurants charged service charges, do you still tip the waiter/waitress unless they don't bill it.

When you tip , it might not even go into the pocket of the waiter/waitress too. I worked in the kitchen b4 and there's never a tips sharing at the end of the month. who do you think have taken this tip?

11c
post Feb 27 2015, 02:35 PM

Getting Started
103 posts

QUOTE(hackwire @ Feb 27 2015, 02:31 PM)
some hawkers were  owner and they charged per plate/bowl. so no point to tips the owner right?
Some restaurants charged service charges, do you still tip the waiter/waitress unless they don't bill it.

When you tip , it might not even go into the pocket of the waiter/waitress too. I worked in the kitchen b4 and there's never a tips sharing at the end of the month. who do you think have taken this tip?
In the USA, waitress can low fix salary, their income totally depends on tips.

That's why bad attitude waitress usually happen in non tipping cultures
limfreelance
post Feb 27 2015, 02:38 PM

Casual
335 posts

mana option lu tak suku lu keluar.
psyduck89
post Feb 27 2015, 02:40 PM

New Korean Member
818 posts

let me tell u..
no 1 gonna pick customer wrong 1...

coz, in this world..
majority of us are customer...

not boss/ owner.. laugh.gif
TShackwire
post Feb 27 2015, 03:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,256 posts

workers and owners also think they were customers and they don't give a shit about this word " customer". one boycott their shop, he still have all his tables occupied by others.
babyfatso
post Feb 27 2015, 03:17 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

I say neither, government is a fault!
andrewhtf
post Feb 27 2015, 03:18 PM

Regular
1,576 posts

BOTH
TShackwire
post Feb 28 2015, 07:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,256 posts

Jgn salah LGE, ada buat kerja unlike other states even selangor is sleeping.
http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2015...ises-in-Penang/
samftrmd
post Feb 28 2015, 08:58 AM

Interface 2037
1,588 posts

If me, I simply will leave and not visit again instead of causing scene. The market will decide it's faith.
JerryTeh
post Feb 28 2015, 09:44 AM

Getting Started
227 posts

I blame customers since no "both" in polls.

because we are stupid if we always expect good service from Frontline or service staff...

not all are full time or good pay...

we will be happier if we expect lesser from others..

even in nandos I walk to counter every timr I refill my lemon tea...
TShackwire
post Feb 28 2015, 11:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,256 posts

QUOTE(JerryTeh @ Feb 28 2015, 09:44 AM)
I blame customers since no "both" in polls.

because we are stupid if we always expect good service from Frontline or service staff...

not all are full time or good pay...

we will be happier if we expect lesser from others..

even in nandos I walk to counter every timr I refill my lemon tea...
But your logic is that these workers have no choice when they accepted the job? That means they were hostages of their own mind trap. There are a lot of people were yes man! They said Yes even when they dont know. Nobody expecting bad service lah. If you place order first and the waiter deliver to the one who came late, will you be pissed off? If you ordered teh tarik kurang ais, the waiter deliver your drink wth more ice, will you be pissed?

Trust me, u wont be happier with poor service and a cockroach leg in your mee. If you are sick with food poisoning and you are admitted in hospital, your bill cost you rm 2k, then u will say the opposite..

we will be happier if we expect lesser from others.. bullshit! Bcos of this mentality and complacent mind trap, malaysia will continue to have bad services.

This post has been edited by hackwire: Feb 28 2015, 11:16 AM

2 Pages < 1 2
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0386sec    0.18    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:20 AM