post Feb 20 2015, 09:09 PM, updated 9y ago

Casual
401 posts

Thread closed.

This post has been edited by HappyHampers: Oct 19 2015, 06:17 PM
dimensionx
post Feb 20 2015, 09:14 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(HappyHampers @ Feb 20 2015, 09:09 PM)
Hi all,

Does anyone or if you have experience working in Japanese company based in Malaysia, such as its work culture, boss, working hours and managements style ? Is it hard to work under japanese boss ? They expect you to work long hours ?
I heard they expect you to go to bar with him, drink sake and sing karaoke after work.

Binyamin
post Feb 20 2015, 11:48 PM

Casual
375 posts

There are a few threads in Lowyat about japs... For an average malaysian they are hard to get use to. You either like their style or you hate them for most people.
DonDropUrSoap
post Feb 20 2015, 11:58 PM

Casual
368 posts

i heard they dont hv OT?
zan4182
post Feb 21 2015, 12:07 AM

Getting Started
69 posts

Most japanese company will expect the employee to work longer hours.. but my japanese bosses won't mind if u had delivered ur tasks on time..

as for OT, my company will pay for every minute u stay after working hours.. but OT only given according to ur grade.. senior staffs will get fix allowance as replacement of OT.
TSHappyHampers
post Feb 21 2015, 12:31 AM

Casual
401 posts

Fyi, the Japanese company is Ecommere company that runs Soukai.my online retailing website. Is this a good company to work for ?

QUOTE(zan4182 @ Feb 21 2015, 12:07 AM)
Most japanese company will expect the employee to work longer hours.. but my japanese bosses won't mind if u had delivered ur tasks on time..

as for OT, my company will pay for every minute u stay after working hours.. but OT only given according to ur grade.. senior staffs will get fix allowance as replacement of OT.
forrestcat
post Feb 21 2015, 10:16 AM

40 posts

Having worked in the manufacturing industry, i never worked with a jap mNC but my former colleagues came from a competitor jap MNC. All of them has no nice thing to say for their former jap company.

Problems with that jap company base on my collague feedback and looking at the jap company jobstreet salary offer
1. Pay sucks big time. Increment is under management review and jap company managers kpi is to give as little increment over already small salarym can you imagine offering rm3k for 3 year engineer.
2. Poor work life balance. Jap bosses give you bad review just because you go back at 5pm sharp. So.employees just play FB until boss go home. Jap bosses will even call you in middle of holiday and ask you to come to work
3. Jap bosses bully women. Women employees who have to take sick leave because new born babies are sick are bullied and given warning letter. Its a problem in Japan too.
4. Jap companies will do anything to avoid paying bonus by giving out unreasonable targets.

Base on what I read, japanese work culture is not very good compared to US conpanies. US conpanies unfortunately are starting to copy the Japs.

German companies may not have best pay but give fair increment, give bonus and incentive and good work life balance if jobs are done efficiently.

There are some Jap companies that are Malaysianised that are good place to.work. Honda Malaysia and perodua are good but probably because Malaysian managers who are strict and more relaxed.

You can imagine US and Japan companies move to Malaysia and SEA and left their own people jobless, so be aware.
zan4182
post Feb 28 2015, 08:59 PM

Getting Started
69 posts

QUOTE(HappyHampers @ Feb 21 2015, 12:31 AM)
Fyi, the Japanese company is Ecommere company that runs Soukai.my online retailing website. Is this a good company to work for ?
Sorry, never heard of that company.. FYI my company is in construction industry.

QUOTE(forrestcat @ Feb 21 2015, 10:16 AM)
Having worked in the manufacturing industry, i never worked with a jap mNC but my former colleagues came from a competitor jap MNC. All of them has no nice thing to say for their former jap company.

Problems with that jap company base on my collague feedback and looking at the jap company jobstreet salary offer
1. Pay sucks big time. Increment is under management review and jap company managers kpi is to give as little increment over already small salarym can you imagine offering rm3k for 3 year engineer.
2. Poor work life balance. Jap bosses give you bad review just because you go back at 5pm sharp. So.employees just play FB until boss go home. Jap bosses will even call you in middle of holiday and ask you to come to work
3. Jap bosses bully women. Women employees who have to take sick leave because new born babies are sick are bullied and given warning letter. Its a problem in Japan too.
4. Jap companies will do anything to avoid paying bonus by giving out unreasonable targets.

Base on what I read, japanese work culture is not very good compared to US conpanies. US conpanies unfortunately are starting to copy the Japs.

German companies may not have best pay but give fair increment, give bonus and incentive and good work life balance if jobs are done efficiently.

There are some Jap companies that are Malaysianised that are good place to.work. Honda Malaysia and perodua are good but probably because Malaysian managers who are strict and more relaxed.

You can imagine US and Japan companies move to Malaysia and SEA and left their own people jobless, so be aware.
1. My company pay me according to market value for my position and experience.. or slightly above. Last year i received around 11% increament brows.gif .
2. not totally agree with u.. it's all depends on ur deliverable of ur tasks.. at least for my company la
3. Not sure about that
4. last year i got 3 months bonus brows.gif

Worked with German company before.. salary just on par with market value.. left because not really fun to work there.. not much teamwork between colleagues and most of the colleagues just want to protect their own ass.
MyRedz
post Mar 1 2015, 03:59 AM

Enthusiast
961 posts

QUOTE(forrestcat @ Feb 21 2015, 11:16 AM)

my comp(jpn) has some malay managers so not like u said..bonus also 4 months with 15% increamant annual
chamelion
post Mar 1 2015, 04:06 AM

Back to Bricking
2,751 posts

its depend your field and boss.

Norm production get poor regardless what company as it's lowest hierarchy in an industry. Company (MNC or local) dont give a xxxx on workers.

Try R&D, Sales and technical service. The pay normally is following market and largely depend on bos and manager.
jeremy05
post Jun 23 2015, 06:05 PM

software engineer
1,844 posts

QUOTE(MyRedz @ Mar 1 2015, 03:59 AM)
my comp(jpn) has some malay managers so not like u said..bonus also 4 months with  15% increamant annual
what industry? how about programmer? hmm.gif
MyRedz
post Jun 23 2015, 08:12 PM

Enthusiast
961 posts

QUOTE(jeremy05 @ Jun 23 2015, 07:05 PM)
what industry? how about programmer?  hmm.gif
Automotive,, donno..programmer in what industry?
jeremy05
post Jun 23 2015, 08:16 PM

software engineer
1,844 posts

QUOTE(MyRedz @ Jun 23 2015, 08:12 PM)
Automotive,, donno..programmer in what industry?
IT

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0141sec    0.46    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:05 PM