Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

too many programming language, which to master ?

views

riku2replica
post Feb 13 2015, 05:43 PM

Mugi-chan!! 可愛い!!
3,304 posts

QUOTE(SushiBurgerX @ Feb 13 2015, 05:37 PM)
You still don't understand. I wasn't referring whether they're good at their job or not. I was referring to whether this is what they want to do and their future path.
Pls point out which part I said anything about good/bad programmers??? Fuiyo!!! doh.gif

The first part was just a joke about Assembly language...like that also dun understand...doh.gif
That's it. No point argue further. icon_rolleyes.gif
SUSSushiBurgerX
post Feb 13 2015, 05:46 PM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(riku2replica @ Feb 13 2015, 05:43 PM)
That's it. No point argue further.  icon_rolleyes.gif
Agreed. Your England comprehension is very unpowderful obviously.
TheSolver
post Feb 13 2015, 10:20 PM

Regular
1,108 posts

QUOTE(SushiBurgerX @ Feb 13 2015, 02:54 PM)
Why you people so pondan.

Learn lah Assembly Language or machine code.

Hardcore 100%.

(But I only ever wrote an Assembly programme which print an 'A' on screen...LOL).

Seriously, programming is donkey work. Unless you really love it to produce something you want (ex: games)...then it's really a dull and menial job trying to develop an application to improve someone's else life or your boss business, while you remain miserable.
Something more sinister is going on here. Does anybody notice a single smiley, even one? wink.gif

My england says you're full of bull
Lord Tiki Mick
post Feb 14 2015, 03:18 PM

Regular
1,018 posts

I did learnt x86-64. That's how I found out that you actually wasting your memory executing 64bit instruction when you can actually do it in 32bit without any performance penalty. But of course, if you want to deal with more precision for floats & double, you need 64bit mode.

But maybe, compilers have optimization feature that can detects whether to compile to 64bit or 32bit mode.
rickysnapz
post Feb 16 2015, 08:38 AM

Getting Started
65 posts

QUOTE(TheSolver @ Feb 13 2015, 01:18 PM)
The OT asks about programming language you suggested SAP. SAP is some kind of business package and you configure it according to your company requirements and in order to ensure you're proficient in it and know how to operate it, the original German company issues certificate for those who passed the exam or went through its courses. It is similar to CISCO certification, Microsoft certification or any other kind of certifications in the market place.

Why don't you suggest to OT to train for pilot and get the pilot license so that he can earn good money?

Swift maybe incomplete because it is not mature enough, being stable not withstanding (meaning it is stable as @malleus thinks it is). But you can't compare Swift to Java. Java is for any device but Swift is for Apple devices only. Until Swift is made available for everybody and devices (open source it), you won't see its equivalent spectacular success as Java. In particular another company can't create a programming language from Swift specs lest it would be sued to death. You see a lot of Java-like languages like openjdk on linux, Kafe, and lately Katlin (a new language with own syntax running on JVM) since Java is open source. The infamous Microsoft stunt was to intentionally mess up Java, and that's why it was sued by Sun Microsystem.

People are increasingly using iOS devices but not to the point of 100% because of its higher pricing of iOS devices. True, you can make money more lucratively by programming for iOS devices, but at the expense of smaller user base but willing to pay. Let's be frank, it is not entirely about money. If it was, linux would never be as prosperous today because you would think Windows would be king. I heard stories of iOS app developed in Objective-C era was hard. Be assured that Swift would be no different and you'll get less help too.
SAP has programming language. it called SAP ABAP. cool2.gif

It seems you have some knowledge with SAP, we can start private message talk about it as I am enthusiast from SAP itself.

e_mc_square
post Feb 16 2015, 09:14 AM

Enthusiast
751 posts

You no need to be learn all of them. You just need to have a logical mind. Haha..
TheSolver
post Feb 17 2015, 09:33 AM

Regular
1,108 posts

QUOTE(rickysnapz @ Feb 16 2015, 08:38 AM)
SAP has programming language. it called SAP ABAP.  cool2.gif

It seems you have some knowledge with SAP, we can start private message talk about it as I am enthusiast from SAP itself.
No thank you. It doesn't interest me even though the market puts very high value to it. ABAP is Advanced-Business-Application-Programming and some people say it is the COBOL for the Europeans. Well it's too specialized. If it is a general purpose language like the rest of computer languages then it might be appealing to me.

rickysnapz
post Feb 26 2015, 08:48 AM

Getting Started
65 posts

QUOTE(TheSolver @ Feb 17 2015, 09:33 AM)
No thank you. It doesn't interest me even though the market puts very high value to it. ABAP is Advanced-Business-Application-Programming and some people say it is the COBOL for the Europeans. Well it's too specialized. If it is a general purpose language like the rest of computer languages then it might be appealing to me.
Oh my, instead of being giving open minded opinion it become a point to argument.. well, we live in free world anyway and choose whatever we like to do rclxms.gif

Anyway I am totally agree with e_mc_square. as long as you have logical thinking it will be alright.
TheSolver
post Feb 26 2015, 09:40 AM

Regular
1,108 posts

QUOTE(rickysnapz @ Feb 26 2015, 08:48 AM)
Oh my, instead of being giving open minded opinion it become a point to argument.. well, we live in free world anyway and choose whatever we like to do  rclxms.gif

Anyway I am totally agree with e_mc_square. as long as you have logical thinking it will be alright.
It does not appear logical thinking to me if you learn ABAP and it is for SAP ecosystem only. Or C# for Windows only. And can you use those languages outside of their enclaves? You can get rich by just knowing these languages only and no questions about that but that's beside the point.

Unlike Java or even Objective-C, you can't use their programs everywhere (not sure with Swift though).
zzzxtreme
post Feb 26 2015, 02:08 PM

Synth Freak
4,282 posts

Microsoft will support Mono framework for linux. IT will be open source. so c# is not "windows only". They are pushing hard for Core CLR

anyway, I got excited about programming again because of .net's ExpandoObject. Way cool class to use especially when you're dealing with JSON data.

C# (expando, newtonsoft json, async/await, linq, generics, parallel ) + AngularJS

Just don't choose Cold Fusion !! Choose cobol if you want, just not ColdFusion!!!
alien3d
post Feb 26 2015, 02:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

QUOTE(zzzxtreme @ Feb 26 2015, 02:08 PM)
Microsoft will support Mono framework for linux. IT will be open source. so c# is not "windows only". They are pushing hard for Core CLR

anyway, I got excited about programming again because of .net's ExpandoObject. Way cool class to use especially when you're dealing with JSON data.

C# (expando, newtonsoft json, async/await, linq, generics, parallel )  + AngularJS
Just don't choose Cold Fusion !! Choose cobol if you want, just not ColdFusion!!!
dono got expando object... dangerous yo.. i don't like linq by da way.. prefer native sql since sql dialect op timization..Angular dono don't wan to touch. stick to stable jquery and javascript.. async.await.. before using sleep timer..
Kindo0211
post Feb 26 2015, 02:50 PM

49 posts

Dear all programmer,

I want to know if I want to start a business, start a website something like social network, which kind of programming language will needed to apply on the platform? anyone professional here?
zzzxtreme
post Feb 26 2015, 03:19 PM

Synth Freak
4,282 posts

QUOTE(alien3d @ Feb 26 2015, 02:38 PM)
dono got expando object... dangerous yo..  i don't like linq by da way.. prefer native sql since sql dialect op timization..Angular dono don't wan to touch. stick to stable jquery and javascript..  async.await..  before using sleep timer..
linq is not specific for sql only yo
expandoobject is just a "wrapper" for reflection and dictionary class, but in a "dynamic programming way" , but not quite exact
angular is supported by google and many professionals, and now even MS visual studio supports angular character {} {::}
async/await is for asynchronous threading, nothing to do with timer
.net makes it easy to do parallel processing

before

for each a in list

'do something

next

now

for each a in list.asParallel

'do something

next

if you have quadcore processor, it will spawn 4 simultanous tasks
alien3d
post Feb 26 2015, 03:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

QUOTE(zzzxtreme @ Feb 26 2015, 03:19 PM)
linq is not specific for sql only yo
expandoobject is just a "wrapper" for reflection and dictionary class, but in a "dynamic programming way" , but not quite exact
angular is supported by google and many professionals, and now even MS visual studio supports angular character {} {::}
async/await is for asynchronous threading, nothing to do with timer
.net makes it easy to do parallel processing

before

for each a in list

'do something

next
now

for each a in list.asParallel

'do something

next

if you have quadcore processor, it will spawn 4 simultanous tasks
okay..
alien3d
post Feb 26 2015, 04:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

QUOTE(Kindo0211 @ Feb 26 2015, 02:50 PM)
Dear all programmer,

I want to know if I want to start a business, start a website something like social network, which kind of programming language will needed to apply on the platform? anyone professional here?
you need big pocket.. doesn't matter what language .. When it hit the peak then moved to other matter with big pocket ...
Kindo0211
post Feb 26 2015, 04:05 PM

49 posts

I see, then do you have any experience on start up a website or social network?

QUOTE(alien3d @ Feb 26 2015, 05:00 PM)
you need big pocket.. doesn't matter what language .. When it hit the peak then moved to other matter with big pocket ...
alien3d
post Feb 26 2015, 04:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

QUOTE(Kindo0211 @ Feb 26 2015, 04:05 PM)
I see, then do you have any experience on start up a website or social network?
i'm not that business doing thing like that because i know mostly people just talk and no budget all.. for simple go buy phpfox or something like it... no offence
Kindo0211
post Feb 26 2015, 04:32 PM

49 posts

No problem, I do agreed.

Thanks a lot

QUOTE(alien3d @ Feb 26 2015, 05:08 PM)
i'm not that business doing thing like that because i know mostly people just talk and no budget all.. for simple go buy phpfox or something like it...  no offence

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0127sec    0.65    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:57 PM