Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> TP-LINK ARCHER C2, Personal sharing - Setup & Reviews.

High-Speed
post Feb 9 2015, 02:01 PM, updated 2 weeks ago
Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Hi all, I guess that it is a good day and great to start my very first sharing in Forum Lowyat.
The great thing to be my first sharing is TP-LINK Archer C2 an AC750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit router.
For more information can visit: http://www.tp-link.com.my/common/Spotlight/Archer-C2.html

Attached Image

Recently I just upgrade my TM Unifi from VIP 5Mbps to VIP 10Mbps, as we all know if we are still using the wifi router provided in the package you will never get to enjoy the truly speed of the transmission, yes, very slow. Therefore, I plan to buy a wifi router and among the brands in the market, I pick TP-LINK as its reasonable price and 2 years warranty (1 to 1 Swap rclxms.gif ). Due to I am a heavy user with gaming, Full-HD movie download (illegally) biggrin.gif and I have a number of sibling who doing almost the same thing to me so my friend suggested me to pick a mid-end spec router ARCHER C2 that just launched online last week Lazada, iPmart and Lelong. SRP RM299, and I think it is reasonable and affordable, don't you think so?

Here a highlight from official website:
- Support UNIFI & Maxis Fiber.
- Support 2nd Generation WiFi technology IEEE 802.11AC (although i am not expert on this but I found that it is a pretty cool new tech from Google).
- 2.4GHz 300Mb + 5GHz 433Mb = 733Mb total wireless transmission speed. brows.gif
- Dual detachale external antenna.
- USB sharing, easy to built up a small size file sharing point, sharing printer.

After all, lets start on setup!
It is very simple:

1. Connect the router to your computer/laptop by LAN cable then open any Internet browser to access 192.168.0.1 or tplink.net. When "Authentication Required" appear key in " admin" in both User Name and Password.

Attached Image

2. After enter the router interface, select Quick Setup → Next → choose Unifi Mode → Next. After all, fill in your TM UNIFI ID and Password → Next to proceed. If you do not have/forget the ID and Password, the only way is call TM Unifi lo 1300 88 1222. sweat.gif

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

3. Due to Archer C2 provide dual band wireless 5GHz & 2.4GHz, therefore it need to be done with twice setting on Wireless name (to be appearing on device search) and WiFi Password. nod.gif

Attached Image

Attached Image

4.Yes, it is a final step! wink.gif After setting up the dual band wireless Name and Passwords, the final step is to Reboot!

Attached Image

Woola! You can now enjoy the truly speed of the rate that you paid!
Who said so? If you don't believe me can you test it out with any app available in the app store: Ookla speedtest, Wifi speed test, Wifi analyzer and many more.The testing location was in my 2nd floor bedroom and the both router was connected from Ground floor living room. Lets watch over the result!

TM WiFi Router vs TP-LINK Archer C2
Attached Image

The result tested by WiFi Network Analyzer: rclxms.gif
Attached Image
As you can see, the signal strength of Archer C2 is 6dBm [COLOR=red]higher than the TM Unifi routher and 2times[COLOR=red] higher on Link Speed!

Conclusion:
After a week, there is no disconnect issue on wireless connection and feels real good of saving my time from slow
loading on Internet browsing, gaming dc or video slow loading. rclxm9.gif

Here's an unboxing video for Archer C2 found on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anNX8yZPu58

This post has been edited by High-Speed: Aug 20 2015, 12:20 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
munix
post Jul 2 2015, 02:01 PM

Hi, thanks for ur review.. I was about to buy this model.. BUT...
base on screenshot here, the first screenshot was not AC2 and screenshot below
is AC7 but still not AC2 ..., the dashboard might look similar but it give different feature

I've just mistakenly buyed WDR3600 dual band, its support unifi.. but its not support guest network and ipv6 .. but the box of WDR3600 claim its support everything, so I was dissapointing.., I talk to the tp-link customer care, they say to change this router to AC2 or AC7

and I believe both this router support unifi and guest network(I hope so) , because today I want to get back to the shop and changing to the AC2 ... hopefully its support... =__=
+Quote Post
High-Speed
post Jul 2 2015, 05:30 PM
Getting Started

QUOTE(munix @ Jul 2 2015, 02:01 PM)
Hi, thanks for ur review.. I was about to buy this model.. BUT...
base on screenshot here, the first screenshot was not AC2 and screenshot below
is AC7 but still not AC2 ..., the dashboard might look similar but it give different feature

I've just mistakenly buyed WDR3600 dual band, its support unifi.. but its not support guest network and ipv6 .. but the box of WDR3600 claim its support everything, so I was dissapointing.., I talk to the tp-link customer care, they say to change this router to AC2 or AC7

and I believe both this router support unifi and guest network(I hope so) , because today I want to get back to the shop and changing to the AC2 ... hopefully its support... =__=
Hey there, sad to heard from this about this..WDR3600 is not an AC router right? for that budget yes you better for for Archer C2 or C7 which is provide you more feature i supposed. For the screen shot you mentioned, yes it is for Archer 2.. the review is for this model what..
+Quote Post
482baby
post Jul 29 2015, 11:14 AM
Group: New Member

How many wifi devices can connect for these router?
+Quote Post
High-Speed
post Jul 30 2015, 04:03 PM
Getting Started

QUOTE(482baby @ Jul 29 2015, 11:14 AM)
How many wifi devices can connect for these router?
Should be up to 20 devices, currently my home use is about 13 devices included laptop, smart tv, smart phone and tablet.
+Quote Post
sonic89
post Aug 3 2015, 10:41 AM

hmm.gif What is the chipset using for C2?
+Quote Post
zenix
post Aug 3 2015, 12:26 PM
Pirate Captain
Group: Senior Member

When I wanted to go AC my heart was with the Asus mega router but my brain told me TP-Link's Archer is just as good and under 300 bucks.

I bought the Asus and never really made much use of it's extra features.

Would you recommend Archer for someone that just want AC WIFI spec/speed without much bother for extra features?
+Quote Post
Xefron
post Aug 3 2015, 12:39 PM
Berukband Stalker
Group: Senior Member

C2 is kind of redundant of WDR4300.

better buy WDR4300 much cheaper than this.

if u want AC connection better buy C7.
+Quote Post
Hsbc88
post Aug 18 2015, 11:23 AM

QUOTE(sonic89 @ Aug 3 2015, 10:41 AM)
hmm.gif What is the chipset using for C2?
The Chipset is Mediatek or Lantiq. flex.gif
+Quote Post
248apply
post Aug 18 2015, 11:28 AM

This one got guest network function support 32 user right. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Hsbc88
post Aug 25 2015, 01:40 PM

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif The body router look diamond shape then look nice and pretty.
+Quote Post
farkingdom
post Sep 8 2015, 10:03 PM
Casual

Just got this router smile.gif thanks for the recommendation TS
+Quote Post
vincent_lms_3366
post Sep 22 2015, 12:27 PM
Casual

I just got this wireless router a few weeks ago. I have issue with my Ipad Air 2 when connected to the wireless. Sometimes the speed is great and sometimes the speed is slow. Anyone has similar issue? With Android devices, i do not have this issue.

TQ.
+Quote Post
farkingdom
post Sep 26 2015, 10:32 PM
Casual

QUOTE(vincent_lms_3366 @ Sep 22 2015, 12:27 PM)
I just got this wireless router a few weeks ago. I have issue with my Ipad Air 2 when connected to the wireless. Sometimes the speed is great and sometimes the speed is slow. Anyone has similar issue? With Android devices, i do not have this issue.

TQ.
Don't have an iPad Air, but the iOS devices connected to this router at my place does not have this issue.
+Quote Post
vincent_lms_3366
post Sep 27 2015, 02:23 PM
Casual

QUOTE(farkingdom @ Sep 26 2015, 10:32 PM)
Don't have an iPad Air, but the iOS devices connected to this router at my place does not have this issue.
Thanks for the feedback. I noticed that if i am near to the wireless router, my connection is fine.
+Quote Post
ramnkc
post Oct 28 2015, 08:17 AM

Hi Guys,

really need you help here, just bought Archer C2 and set up exactly like firs post and i mange to get WAN IP connection successfully but just can't browse internet... any helps/ideas/suggestions would be appreciate!

Attached Image
+Quote Post
kwanhoe
post Feb 29 2016, 11:09 AM

QUOTE(ramnkc @ Oct 28 2015, 08:17 AM)
Hi Guys,

really need you help here, just bought Archer C2 and set up exactly like firs post and i mange to get WAN IP connection successfully but just can't browse internet... any helps/ideas/suggestions would be appreciate!
Attached Image
Hi,

I have the same problem with Archer C2. The firmware already "Archer_C2_V1_141119(Unifi_and_Maxis_Fiber" since i bought.

I do ask my IT friend help me to do the setting also no internet access, i also call Unifi and they sent technician to my home to check and not result is not the Unifi line problem. (I connect my previous TP-Link TL-WR1043ND no problem at all).

Two day ago i email TP-Link support and not waiting for their reply.

+Quote Post
High-Speed
post Apr 21 2017, 10:51 AM
Getting Started

Pump!
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic