Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Ismail: My statement was taken out of context, Finally he used the "misquoted" card News

views

kcchong2000
post Feb 7 2015, 07:29 PM

Getting Started
164 posts

QUOTE(leetan33 @ Feb 7 2015, 01:40 PM)
https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/288554

An adamant Agriculture and Agro-based Industries Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob has again defended his controversial call for a boycott of the Chinese over high prices, this time claiming that his statement was taken out of context.

He repeated to the audience of a forum last night not to prolong the issue as a racial one, but to focus on the intent of his message instead, which he said is to call on consumers to unite against traders who refuse to lower their prices despite falling oil prices.

“The cabinet has already agreed that we don’t need to drag on with this issue, because we should know that if we prolong racial issues, we should ask ourselves what is the ending that we are looking for. We need to ask.

“So it is better we return to the intent (of the message) in the interest of all consumers; use collective power to do something to these traders so that they would reduce prices and its benefits can be felt by all races,” he said.

Ismail said this a forum organised by the Captain Hussein Leadership Academy - a leadership academy founded by Umno Youth - in Kelana Jaya yesterday.

At the forum themed ‘Middlemen profits: Valid or Sabotage’, a member of the audience asked Ismail to explain his controversial statement while another voiced discontent with “racial elements” in the minister’s Facebook statement and urged Ismail not to repeat it, prompting him to respond.

“My statement that day was simple, but (taken) out of context. My statement is simple, the message is clear: Consumers have the power to reduce prices. That is all,” he said.
Simple, we will ask you to resign you oxy moron. Tell me which part of "boikot Cina" is not racist? Unless you meant Cina = All.

Now wanna do control, go hara kiri also no one will forgive you.
kcchong2000
post Feb 7 2015, 08:05 PM

Getting Started
164 posts

QUOTE(Gion @ Feb 7 2015, 07:30 PM)
means he said malay, indian, bangla, myanmmar and mamak. common sense from gomen
From my observations, most Malaysian including these minister and common sense will not run together

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0161sec    0.64    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:49 PM