Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Work From Home, What are your thoughts?

views

TSThalmes
post Feb 11 2015, 12:24 PM

Genie Pig!
1,799 posts

QUOTE(chrisling @ Feb 11 2015, 10:14 AM)
If there's a word from the boss, why you're still hesitating? smile.gif

If I were you I'll start source for new job, and mentioned available time, which probably make it in April. So in March whether or not he can fulfill the promise, you have choices there. Don't make your self turn into a dead end.
I have already applied to a few and went for a few interviews.

Getting nervous and angsty while waiting for news from the companies that interviewed me.
yslee78
post Feb 11 2015, 04:48 PM

25 posts

This is exactly what I'm looking for minus the stability. Work from home!
I'm a mother of 3 kids and start looking for alternative employment so that I can have more time with the family.
Currently I need to travel a long distance to work, not to mention the money spent on toll and fuel.

If the company willing to provide a proper employment agreement, that will make it better.

Get me involve if this plan is going to proceed. Thx
TSThalmes
post Feb 12 2015, 05:06 PM

Genie Pig!
1,799 posts

QUOTE(yslee78 @ Feb 11 2015, 04:48 PM)
This is exactly what I'm looking for minus the stability. Work from home!
I'm a mother of 3 kids and start looking for alternative employment so that I can have more time with the family.
Currently I need to travel a long distance to work, not to mention the money spent on toll and fuel.

If the company willing to provide a proper employment agreement, that will make it better.

Get me involve if this plan is going to proceed. Thx
Definitely. smile.gif
adam1190
post Mar 2 2015, 10:59 PM

Lowyat Regular
1,909 posts

Hi. Is there anyone mind sharing which company have work from home flexibility 😄 tq.
MasBoleh!
post Mar 3 2015, 07:06 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,184 posts

QUOTE(Thalmes @ Feb 12 2015, 05:06 PM)
Definitely. smile.gif
Hey TS, do you mind to send me the details after the plan did indeed proceed? smile.gif Thank you
knuckles04
post Mar 3 2015, 11:55 AM

Getting Started
177 posts

Hey hit me up as well.

I'm a freelance personal trainer with plenty of freetime in between.

Graduate with accounting and business background. Own a small cafe as well.

Thanks
chongelicia
post Jun 10 2015, 11:08 AM

Getting Started
75 posts

hi.can anyone where which are the companies mentioned that can work from home? My due date is in 2 months time and i do not have anyone to take care my baby, i do not wish to send him to nanny that i didnt know..
Furfur
post Jun 10 2015, 11:58 AM

Getting Started
277 posts

If pay is fair, company pay on time, I don't see the issue
FanBingBing
post Jun 10 2015, 07:12 PM

33 posts

QUOTE(Thalmes @ Feb 5 2015, 02:52 PM)
Hey all,

I would like to survey if the local talents would take on such job:

1. Oversea Company (well developed English country, so not 3rd world country)

2. Everything / anything that's within the role's scope.

3. Working from home 9am to 5pm

4. Jobs will be sent to you (via email/dropbox) in the morning and delivery by end of day (Depends on difficulty of job) - So each day you'll have an average of 2-3 jobs

5. Lunch time 1 hour
This could be both an upside / downside:

1. Pay will be directly transferred into your account monthly (Invoice monthly to the company)
- As such, no EPF, no SOSCO, no tax, 100% of your salary into your bank account monthly.
With this, do you all see it as an opportunity or go somewhere else for stability?

Reason why I ask is because the said company is looking to hire more web developers / graphic designer to expand the workforce in Malaysia due to its cheaper currency but I would wanna know if there's actually people who are willing.
well if you don;t have a job now..then can take it up till you find a permanent job..
good..work at your own home and no need to worry about what to wear thumbup.gif
bad..mostly will be on contract basis so no security...

pepppersalt
post Jun 12 2015, 09:06 AM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(jianwei90 @ Mar 2 2015, 10:59 PM)
Hi. Is there anyone mind sharing which company have work from home flexibility 😄 tq.
I am working with US company that provide such flexibility.Once every 3-4 months I will come to office,missed their free coffee ..heh
But this position requires you have at least 9-15 years of experience (SME) IT(Project management,Infra,Engineering)

http://www.businessinsider.com/dell-wants-...e-2013-11?IR=T&

This post has been edited by pepppersalt: Jun 12 2015, 09:10 AM
kenk3n
post Jun 30 2015, 08:00 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(chrisling @ Feb 11 2015, 11:14 AM)
If there's a word from the boss, why you're still hesitating? smile.gif

If I were you I'll start source for new job, and mentioned available time, which probably make it in April. So in March whether or not he can fulfill the promise, you have choices there. Don't make your self turn into a dead end.
I am looking for a freelance accounting job. Anyone has any contacts or ideas?
Appreciate every help!
greatbrownshark
post Jul 1 2015, 04:07 AM

41 posts

QUOTE(Thalmes @ Feb 10 2015, 11:55 PM)
Exactly, it is not stable/steady at all. Just this week alone I been sitting in front of my PC doing nothing as there's no communication from the other side at all.

Yes I do charge invoice every month. Even those days that I did nothing.

As for FREELANCE, I am currently employed by this company which I help them to do their graphic work and I send them an invoice every month... so that's how I get paid.

The reason why I mentioned that this job is based on a FREELANCE MODEL is because I am not bound by the contract (no black & white) and I work from home for this matter. Which is why I started this thread altogether to see what you would all think and the biggest issue is stability as agreed by other forumers as well.

Why did I started working for this company on such model? It is because I started off with them as an intern when I was studying in Australia. The boss knew that I am coming back to KL and he proposed that he will allocate a certain budget for me to run an office for him in KL. The office in KL will be doing graphic & website work sent from the main office in Australia.

So before he actually starts putting money in the office, he wants to start with me working from home first. I started in November and he said he wants to make the decision by March. Personally, I have a feeling that he is still hesitating and WILL delay the process altogether.

Therefore I started this thread to seek opinion on this matter.
bro, my advice to you is give him a deadline and be serious about it. sometimes, people will need certain motivation to make decisions.
greatbrownshark
post Jul 1 2015, 04:11 AM

41 posts

QUOTE(kenk3n @ Jun 30 2015, 08:00 AM)
I am looking for a freelance accounting job. Anyone has any contacts or ideas?
Appreciate every help!
apart from advertising your service online, you can always pass your name card to businesses. meet new people and talk about it. start a conversation with that fella or that leng loi when you are queueing at tesco or in any places and you will be surprised with the results. don't be shy. like madonna said, talk is cheap, but it is rather free. heheheh brows.gif
pigrabbit
post Jul 1 2015, 09:14 AM

Getting Started
157 posts

but this kind of job only restricted for graphic designer/software developer
tinkerbel
post Jul 1 2015, 09:50 AM

Fanaddict!
Group Icon
VIP
13,469 posts

Hmm... how does a graphic designer / software developer manage to finish 3 tasks a day?! Yes depends on how ginormous the tasks are but still...

There are pros to working at home. The one downside is that you'll never be able to bounce off ideas with others and learn from others..? How to grow?!
Cath Gregory
post Aug 20 2015, 06:25 PM

2 posts

Looking for web design - pay hourly at the beginning - looking into work in long-term partnership - home based - student welcome to apply. Please whatsapp 0194751379

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0171sec    0.23    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:40 AM