Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

39 Pages « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> House Renovation - Approval Plan, Local Authorities - DBKL/MBSA/MPSJ.. etc

views

victor1133
post Aug 2 2019, 03:45 PM

8 posts

can recommend a reliable architect or building drafts mans in klang for plan submission to MPK?
ryanwong92 P
post Aug 4 2019, 12:01 PM

Probation
18 posts

If I am doing interior renovation, do I need to get approval from MPSJ?
ongLAI
post Aug 7 2019, 03:54 AM

Getting Started
77 posts

Hello,

My house kitchen extension just done 2 years ago. I had a main con and my house details are as following. Question, do I need to keep the extension approval from MBPJ? My main con did not pass back the extension plan to me and as usual after renovation all the main con will not answer your call anymore regardless how many times u call him. I am asking this because I recently had a discussion with my fren about selling property and this bring to my attention. If I need to maintain a plan in order to sell, what should i do now? (Assume main con lost/trash it) I do not want to come back 10-15 years later cracking my head with documentation whenever I want to sell my house as I won’t be able to remember anything after so long.

House floor plan - 22x75
Terrace house 2.5 storey
5/6 ft kitchen extension at the back
Property at PJ
justhistime
post Aug 7 2019, 04:54 AM

44 posts

Planning for some minor renovation in Kajang area. Appreciate recommendations for renovation submission Architect? Thanks in advance.

omzeuea
post Aug 7 2019, 09:13 AM

6 posts

hello.. i am looking for registered building draughtsmen for submission to MPKJ (Kajang).. pls pm me, tq
jychook
post Aug 8 2019, 04:50 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(ongLAI @ Aug 7 2019, 03:54 AM)
Hello,

My house kitchen extension just done 2 years ago. I had a main con and my house details are as following. Question, do I need to keep the extension approval from MBPJ? My main con did not pass back the extension plan to me and as usual after renovation all the main con will not answer your call anymore regardless how many times u call him. I am asking this because I recently had a discussion with my fren about selling property and this bring to my attention. If I need to maintain a plan in order to sell, what should i do now? (Assume main con lost/trash it) I do not want to come back 10-15 years later cracking my head with documentation whenever I want to sell my house as I won’t be able to remember anything after so long.

House floor plan - 22x75
Terrace house 2.5 storey
5/6 ft kitchen extension at the back
Property at PJ
Hi, You don't need a plan/drawings to sell your property. it will be handy if you have the drawings as per the existing house condition for the future buyer should you sell it in the future. Most of the time it is a bonus for you if you have the drawings of your house as built. It wont cause any problem for the future extension because the architect will do some measure drawings if they don't have the existing house Building Plan.

However the issue here is the CCC. If you follow the law, ( yes i mean the law) all building works including renovation and extension also need a CCC (certificate of compliance and completion) to be issued by an architect when the construction is completed. Your extension was only 5/6 feet extension at the kitchen, I dont think it will be a problem unless some haters go report you.

So in case you are doing any future construction project, do remember that a CCC is a must to be issued by the architect when the construction is completed.

Thanks

jychook
post Aug 8 2019, 05:02 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(ryanwong92 @ Aug 4 2019, 12:01 PM)
If I am doing interior renovation, do I need to get approval from MPSJ?
Are you talking about house (interior works) renovation or other premises ie. commercial shops?

By right all kind of construction also need to do submission to local authority according to Street, Drainage and Building Act 1974.

It is just that most of the time local council don't really enforce it for ID (especially residential) if you don't have any major wet works, grille installing, changes on the exterior facade, and extension.

If you talking abt the business premises like offices, shops, tuition centre, kindergarten all that, it is a Yes you need to submit the building plan prepared by architect to local authority and sometimes even BOMBA for record or approval. It will affect your business operating licence as the Building plan Approval is always one of the terms that you need to comply with for your business operating licence. Even the interior partition also need approval.

Thanks

ongLAI
post Aug 8 2019, 11:05 PM

Getting Started
77 posts

QUOTE(jychook @ Aug 8 2019, 04:50 PM)
Hi, You don't need a plan/drawings to sell your property.  it will be handy if you have the drawings as per the existing house condition for the future buyer should you sell it in the future. Most of the time it is a bonus for you if you have the drawings of your house as built. It wont cause any problem for the future extension because the architect will do some measure drawings if they don't have the existing house Building Plan.

However the issue here is the CCC. If you follow the law, ( yes i mean the law) all building works including renovation and extension also need a CCC (certificate of compliance and completion) to be issued by an architect when the construction is completed. Your extension was only  5/6 feet extension at the kitchen, I dont think it will be a problem unless some haters go report you.

So in case you are doing any future construction project, do remember that a CCC is a must to be issued by the architect when the construction is completed.

Thanks
Thanks for you reply, I don’t think my main con will submit the CCC for me. Usually how can I perform the CCC? Should I do it now and normally how much it cost?
jychook
post Aug 9 2019, 10:14 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(ongLAI @ Aug 8 2019, 11:05 PM)
Thanks for you reply, I don’t think my main con will submit the CCC for me. Usually how can I perform the CCC? Should I do it now and normally how much it cost?
Only the architect that signed your renovation building plan that submitted to council can issue the CCC to you. You can get a copy from him. No other people can do it. Your house renovation is very small, I don't think it will cause any problem without an CCC. I suspect your contractor have not obtain any approval and have not submitted any plan to the council. But don't worry, usually no one will ask for the CF or CCC after 10-15 yrs after works completion.

That is why I always stressed that if you leave all this documentation works to the contractor, sometimes they don't even submit it. Engage an architect in proper way will save you all the hassle.
jychook
post Aug 9 2019, 10:15 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(omzeuea @ Aug 7 2019, 09:13 AM)
hello.. i am looking for registered building draughtsmen for submission to MPKJ (Kajang).. pls pm me, tq
You got PMed
jychook
post Aug 9 2019, 10:16 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(justhistime @ Aug 7 2019, 04:54 AM)
Planning for some minor renovation in Kajang area. Appreciate recommendations for renovation submission Architect? Thanks in advance.
You got Pmed
jychook
post Aug 9 2019, 10:16 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(victor1133 @ Aug 2 2019, 03:45 PM)
can recommend a reliable architect or building drafts mans in klang for plan submission to MPK?
yout got Pmed
cfyong2020
post Aug 19 2019, 07:37 PM

Casual
353 posts

Hi, my parent wanted to extend our bed room on a 22x70 double story linked house...would like to know any recommended architect help to submit mpsj? Kindly pm me roughly how much will it cost.
jychook
post Aug 20 2019, 12:42 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(cfyong2020 @ Aug 19 2019, 07:37 PM)
Hi, my parent wanted to extend our bed room on a 22x70 double story linked house...would like to know any recommended architect help to submit mpsj? Kindly pm me roughly how much will it cost.
I have PMed you. thanks
rose6580
post Aug 28 2019, 10:18 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

We did not keep our previous renovation approval

Does anyone know how to extract it from mbpj?

It has been 8 years

This post has been edited by rose6580: Aug 29 2019, 09:58 AM
jychook
post Sep 5 2019, 12:30 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(rose6580 @ Aug 28 2019, 10:18 PM)
We did not keep our previous renovation approval

Does anyone know how to extract it from mbpj?

It has been 8 years
You should get from your architect if they have submitted the Borang B, by right CCC need to be issued once the renovation is completed . Should there is no Borang B (commencement of works) submitted within 1 year of the approval date, the approval deem lapsed and not valid. Authority usually only keep the approval for 3 years. You can buy the plans from them if the submission is still new but talking about 8 yrs I dont think they still keeping it.
mephyll
post Sep 6 2019, 12:47 PM

Casual
428 posts

Refer to Post#1

Basic building setback for terrace :-
a) front - 20' clear from wall to boundary (main gate)

this apply to 1st floor as well?

i plan to extend the master bed room as per attached.
Authority fall under Majlis Perbandaran Selayang

user posted image
waffles
post Sep 11 2019, 12:01 AM

27 posts

hi. Need help/advise. Planning to do minor renovation (kitchen extension) for my house in Nilai. Went to Majlis Perbandaran Nilai to ask whether they have any existing standard plan that we could use but was told, they have ran out of it sweat.gif

They said we need to engage with an external draughtsman to draw the plan. anyone has any contact that we could use? Thanks
Lcy23 P
post Sep 16 2019, 04:14 PM

Probation
5 posts

Hi!
Can anyone recommend a DBKL Architect who is in the panel?

Thank you

fishcutie P
post Sep 18 2019, 05:43 PM

Probation
2 posts

Hi, I would like to do a balcony extension for my house (2 storey terrace intermediate)
Went to MBSA, they said need surat rayuan as its beyond the renovation booklet guideline.
Anyone facing this issue before.? After submit surat rayuan and plan, how is the success rate.? Roughly MBSA will charge how much for the application.
Besides that, got MBSA runner to intro.?

39 Pages « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0147sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:01 PM