442 Pages « < 336 337 338 339 340 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The Official Maxis FTTH Thread | v5, Maxis Home Fibre Internet, from RM89

views

lonewalker
post May 12 2022, 11:55 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(QuantumEdge @ May 12 2022, 10:25 PM)
Anyone having problems with Maxis at the moment?
Cant login to steam, GSC's website wont load...
Probably just you or the usual DNS issues, use a public DNS server other than the maxis provided one (Google DNS, Cloudflare, Quad9, Cisco OpenDNS, NextDNS)

No issues here

This post has been edited by lonewalker: May 12 2022, 11:56 PM
andrekua2
post May 13 2022, 08:01 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,489 posts

QUOTE(AdrianS_99 @ May 9 2022, 11:03 AM)
Currently facing some website are blocked by MCMC, not sure why

Good example:

linktree, On maxis fiber no issue, on DG fiber & Unifi blocked...

using digi fiber
user posted image
If MCMC issue guidance to block then all ISP must abide...

If only certain ISP then it is their choice. Still remember those days when Maxis blocked Clash of Clans server IP because they noticed a huge surge in traffic which lead to them suspecting some sort of attack/abuse. After almost 2months complaining non stop in maxis forum, then only Maxis unblock the IP.
QuantumEdge
post May 13 2022, 01:30 PM

Regular
1,147 posts

QUOTE(lonewalker @ May 12 2022, 11:55 PM)
Probably just you or the usual DNS issues, use a public DNS server other than the maxis provided one (Google DNS, Cloudflare, Quad9, Cisco OpenDNS, NextDNS)

No issues here
I've been using 3rd party DNS since installation, tried switching between Google and Cloudflare... still the same
But Maxis's own DNS seems to be problem free
lonewalker
post May 14 2022, 12:45 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(QuantumEdge @ May 13 2022, 01:30 PM)
I've been using 3rd party DNS since installation, tried switching between Google and Cloudflare... still the same
But Maxis's own DNS seems to be problem free
Well good for you, you seem to have solved your issue.
andrekua2
post May 15 2022, 09:21 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,489 posts

@Maxis

I already transferred to Unifi. My billing date is on 10th is every month. Successfully installed unifi on 4/4. Why do Maxis still need to bill me for 10-12th?
YoungMan
post May 15 2022, 11:00 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,393 posts

QUOTE(andrekua2 @ May 15 2022, 10:21 AM)
@Maxis

I already transferred to Unifi. My billing date is on 10th is every month. Successfully installed unifi on 4/4. Why do Maxis still need to bill me for 10-12th?
Means your Maxis account still active until 12th. Usually even though you have successfully transfer out, your previous account will still active for around 1 week plus.
When I transfer out from Unifi, I can still use my Unifi for 1 week plus. So technically I have 2 active line for that period until Unifi terminated the account.
andrekua2
post May 15 2022, 05:36 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,489 posts

QUOTE(YoungMan @ May 15 2022, 11:00 AM)
Means your Maxis account still active until 12th. Usually even though you have successfully transfer out, your previous account will still active for around 1 week plus.
When I transfer out from Unifi, I can still use my Unifi for 1 week plus. So technically I have 2 active line for that period until Unifi terminated the account.
Make sense but I don't see why I should be paying though. I already paid until 9th and from Maxis side, they should already seen that I haven't reconnect since 5th (I excluded 4th since internet still on until the installation commence). Not only do I paid extra for the 5 days but now still want to charge me an extra 3 days?

YoungMan
post May 15 2022, 08:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,393 posts

QUOTE(andrekua2 @ May 15 2022, 06:36 PM)
Make sense but I don't see why I should be paying though. I already paid until 9th and from Maxis side, they should already seen that I haven't reconnect since 5th (I excluded 4th since internet still on until the installation commence). Not only do I paid extra for the 5 days but now still want to charge me an extra 3 days?
Well I guest that's it when swwitching provider, unless you want to try and dispute with Maxis. Even for Unifi I have to pay 1 month advance to avoid any outstanding. So technically if they want, they could keep my account for another month and not refund back the balance.
andrekua2
post May 15 2022, 08:32 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,489 posts

QUOTE(YoungMan @ May 15 2022, 08:00 PM)
Well I guest that's it when swwitching provider, unless you want to try and dispute with Maxis. Even for Unifi I have to pay 1 month advance to avoid any outstanding. So technically if they want, they could keep my account for another month and not refund back the balance.
Got it. Anyway, I'm gonna dispute with SKMM and see how they replied. Before this was not going to do anything since I just overpaid 5 days. Now they are charging me again. I'm gonna try get all of them back.

Unifi installer even unplugged my Maxis router. Hence they shouldn't have any reason to charge me between the transition.

I'll update on my report later on.
YoungMan
post May 15 2022, 08:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,393 posts

QUOTE(andrekua2 @ May 15 2022, 09:32 PM)
Got it. Anyway, I'm gonna dispute with SKMM and see how they replied. Before this was not going to do anything since I just overpaid 5 days. Now they are charging me again. I'm gonna try get all of them back.

Unifi installer even unplugged my Maxis router. Hence they shouldn't have any reason to charge me between the transition.

I'll update on my report later on.
Keep us updated. Though, it will be the same thing if you switch out from Unifi. I am also interested to know how they set the rule for the termination.

This post has been edited by YoungMan: May 15 2022, 08:38 PM
andrekua2
post May 18 2022, 06:31 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,489 posts

QUOTE(YoungMan @ May 15 2022, 08:36 PM)
Keep us updated. Though, it will be the same thing if you switch out from Unifi. I am also interested to know how they set the rule for the termination.
Maxis has replied. Apparently they are willing to waive but only when I shared the work done order from unifi. Not sincere enough since I already shared my bills under both ISP. Now I need to search for my work order form. Don't know if I threw it away or not.

Still could find my work order. Most probably the liao.

This post has been edited by andrekua2: May 18 2022, 10:14 PM
sadlyfalways
post May 22 2022, 05:19 PM

Enthusiast
843 posts

user posted image

Weird la, got so many foreign websites that struggle to load with maxis properly.

I think it’s a route problem, because if I load the page on mobile data first using Digi, then go back to maxis Wi-Fi it works like normal.

But if I load on maxis only it half loads and takes forever. If I open incognito tab and open again also it won’t work even after using mobile data.

Like the cache knows how to route it already

Really weird problem which I am having on so many foreign websites, never had like this with unifi. Unifi usually it just doesn’t load at all if got problem. Not halfway all

Any fix ?
QuantumEdge
post May 22 2022, 05:22 PM

Regular
1,147 posts

QUOTE(sadlyfalways @ May 22 2022, 05:19 PM)
user posted image

Weird la, got so many foreign websites that struggle to load with maxis properly.

I think it’s a route problem, because if I load the page on mobile data first using Digi, then go back to maxis Wi-Fi it works like normal.

But if I load on maxis only it half loads and takes forever. If I open incognito tab and open again also it won’t work even after using mobile data.

Like the cache knows how to route it already

Really weird problem which I am having on so many foreign websites, never had like this with unifi. Unifi usually it just doesn’t load at all if got problem. Not halfway all

Any fix ?
I'm using Google DNS, no problem loading that website

sadlyfalways
post May 22 2022, 05:54 PM

Enthusiast
843 posts

QUOTE(QuantumEdge @ May 22 2022, 05:22 PM)
I'm using Google DNS, no problem loading that website
The issue is, I can’t seem to set Google dns manually for my device. Keeps going back to maxis dns for ipv6

The maxis router cannot change dns ( it is the new one )

When I use my own router, even if vlan maxis voip and connect the router the house phone doesn’t work

So I’m a bit stuck lmao

Are you able to load https://www.samlim.com.au/?
QuantumEdge
post May 22 2022, 06:04 PM

Regular
1,147 posts

QUOTE(sadlyfalways @ May 22 2022, 05:54 PM)
The issue is, I can’t seem to set Google dns manually for my device. Keeps going back to maxis dns for ipv6

The maxis router cannot change dns ( it is the new one )

When I use my own router, even if vlan maxis voip and connect the router the house phone doesn’t work

So I’m a bit stuck lmao

Are you able to load https://www.samlim.com.au/?
user posted image
No problem here
Currylaksa
post May 23 2022, 11:01 PM

Regular
1,616 posts

My package 500mbps but the speed on 90mbps

I wonder if the outside fiber cable is in bad shape

YoungMan
post May 24 2022, 08:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,393 posts

QUOTE(Currylaksa @ May 24 2022, 12:01 AM)
My package 500mbps but the speed on 90mbps

I wonder if the outside fiber cable is in bad shape
Check lan cable, especially from modem to router. If you have spare cable, use it to test.
Check to ensure both modem and router port support gigabit speed.
If still stuck at 90mbps, lodge report to Maxis.
shaktiv8
post May 29 2022, 06:06 PM

Casual
363 posts

Anyone here using Google dns? Do you notice sometimes some online video don’t load? Need to use 4G only work but Speedtest good.

Weird. Dunno if should change dns or go back maxis default dns

Tiktok one video will not load but the rest all like okay only lol
shawlife
post Jun 1 2022, 09:48 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

Hello. I just register my home for maxis home fibre 300mbps. Maxis agent offered me RM129 (original RM149) for 24 months contract

When I received the order and contract form, it stated the price is RM149 (no rebate mention in the form) + RM5 for bill itemised VoIP.

My question:

1) can I remove the RM5 charge for bill itemised VoIP?
2) Is common for maxis not mention any rebate in order/contract form? Should I reject the form?
fruitie
post Jun 1 2022, 10:38 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,989 posts

QUOTE(shawlife @ Jun 1 2022, 09:48 AM)
Hello. I just register my home for maxis home fibre 300mbps. Maxis agent offered me RM129 (original RM149) for 24 months contract

When I received the order and contract form, it stated the price is RM149 (no rebate mention in the form) + RM5 for bill itemised VoIP.

My question:

1) can I remove the RM5 charge for bill itemised VoIP?
2) Is common for maxis not mention any rebate in order/contract form? Should I reject the form?
Yes, it is normal. When I received my first bill, it comes with discount and also the RM 5 wasn't charged.
For assurance, you can confirm with your agent again. I had the same question for my agent when I saw the order form.

442 Pages « < 336 337 338 339 340 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0169sec    0.10    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:29 AM