Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The Official Maxis FTTH Thread | v5, Maxis Home Fibre Internet, from RM89

views

sitescope
post Dec 1 2020, 04:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,872 posts

QUOTE(YoungMan @ Dec 1 2020, 03:00 PM)
From my understanding reading that article, yes RM129 for 300mbps, RM20 rebate for 24 months, which means after 2 years price will be back to RM149. But need to take astro to qualify.
Do check with Maxis for further details and T&C.
It mention astro is add on, not a must to take
YoungMan
post Dec 1 2020, 08:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,089 posts

QUOTE(sitescope @ Dec 1 2020, 05:19 PM)
It mention astro is add on, not a must to take
Then it is even better. 129 for 300mbps plan, Unifi subscriber can switch over.
scoop7
post Dec 2 2020, 03:38 PM

orly? mai pen rai
1,145 posts

my area starting to get Unifi but Maxis still takda

how long will Maxis Fibre show up?
kwai_83
post Dec 2 2020, 06:46 PM

Casual
399 posts

upgrade to maxis 300 mbps.problem is how come stock router speed test is better than asus .anyone facing this problem.
thamch
post Dec 2 2020, 06:51 PM

Getting Started
204 posts

QUOTE(kwai_83 @ Dec 2 2020, 06:46 PM)
upgrade to maxis 300 mbps.problem is how come stock router speed test is better than asus .anyone facing this problem.
Try use Wifi 5Ghz. Not 2.4Ghz for Wifi speed test on Asus Router.
kwai_83
post Dec 2 2020, 08:27 PM

Casual
399 posts

QUOTE(thamch @ Dec 2 2020, 06:51 PM)
Try use Wifi 5Ghz.  Not 2.4Ghz for Wifi speed test on Asus Router.
suspect is firmware issue.as i mention using direct lan cable connection.
joshhd
post Dec 2 2020, 09:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,153 posts

QUOTE(jusbella @ Nov 30 2020, 09:54 PM)
Nope, actually maxis does lease their Fibre to astro. So if you use astro broadband, you'll use astro infrastructure, not maxis infra.

So if your broadband have issue. You'll need contact astro, not maxis. Eventually astro need to liaise with maxis and tm if it's Fibre issue.

To be exact, technically the network itself will still be under Maxis Fibre even when you're on Astro & Broadband. Astro don't operate its own Internet infra or whatsoever.
Astro is just "pinjam" over Maxis Fibre network only. The concept is pretty much like MVNO telco.

It's just that any after sales support, such as when you want to report network issue or check bill details, you will have to contact Astro & Broadband / Astro IPTV customer service at 03-95431543, NOT Maxis Home Fibre hotline at 1800-82-4663 or even the usual Astro customer service hotline at 03-95433838.

In the case of network issue or network down, Astro receives your complaint report, and then they will escalate to Maxis to follow up.
Especially if your area is under TM HSBB, and the particular matter requires TM to check, then Maxis will escalate to TM to follow up.
Then when Maxis person-in-charge replies to Astro, then Astro would convey that information/update back to customer.
You can see, the complaint process would have to go through many parties, like a lot of "levels". Basically Astro becomes the "middleman" of everything and they have to know whatever issues you face when you use their service, and escalate to relevant parties whenever necessary. You cannot "deal directly" with Maxis anymore like how you can with Maxis Fibre.

This post has been edited by joshhd: Dec 2 2020, 09:23 PM
joshhd
post Dec 2 2020, 10:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,153 posts

QUOTE(YoungMan @ Dec 1 2020, 08:08 PM)
Then it is even better. 129 for 300mbps plan, Unifi subscriber can switch over.

Not really. If you do the calculation, it's pretty much the "same thing" πŸ˜‚

For this post, let's focus on this "FREE 3x speed upgrade" thing, and compare the difference with Astro & Broadband offerings:
user posted image
This Campaign: Sign up to any of the following selected Astro TV packages (β€œSelected Astro Packages”)* through Maxis to enjoy the following:
if you sign up to or currently on the Maxis Fibre 100Mbps plan, you will get a Maxis Fibre plan upgrade to 300Mbps plan for RM129 (exclusive of any applicable tax) a month;
if you sign up to or currently on Maxis Fibre 500Mbps at RM219 or 800Mbps at RM299 a month, you will get a RM20 monthly rebate for 24 months on your Maxis Fibre bill; and/or
if the monthly subscription fee for your Selected Astro TV Package is more than RM100 (exclusive of any applicable tax), you will get an upgrade from the Astro HD Box to Astro Ultra Box for free.

*The Selected Astro TV Packages applicable under this Campaign are:
Starter Pack – Bahasa Malaysia
Starter Pack – Mandarin
Starter Pack – Tamil
Value Pack – Bahasa Malaysia
Value Pack – Mandarin
Value Pack – Tamil
Value Pack – English
Super Pack Lite Sports – Bahasa Malaysia
Super Pack Lite Sports – Mandarin
Super Pack Lite Sports – Tamil
Super Pack Lite Sports - English
Source from Maxis T&C page: https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/p...d/astro-bundle/

Maxis Fibre with Astro TV
100Mbps RM129 + Astro Starter Pack RM61.32 = RM190.30/month yet you get the so-called "3x speed bump" to 300Mbps

Astro & Broadband
You will get (RM20 x 24 months) or (RM30 x 24 months) rebate when you subscribe to Astro & Broadband OR Astro IPTV depending on eligibility below:
New or Existing customer?You will get additional discount of...
New Astro customerRM20/month for 24 months, regardless of which Astro box model you choose (HD/PVR/Ultra Box)
Existing Astro customerRM30/month for 24 months if you remain existing whatever Astro box you're using now
Existing Astro customerRM20/month for 24 months if you upgrade to Ultra Box
Pay your Astro bills using Auto Debit (either debit or credit card) to enjoy additional RM5/month rebate for 24 months (only applicable for Astro & Broadband OR Astro IPTV).

Since existing Astro subscribers are NOT eligible for this Maxis Fibre with Astro TV offer, therefore let's consider it as "new Astro customer" rate, which is RM20/month x 24 months. sweat.gif

100Mbps RM129 + Astro Starter Pack RM61.32 = RM190.30/month - Discount RM20 x 24 months = RM170.30/month
300Mbps RM149 + Astro Starter Pack RM61.32 = RM210.30/month - Discount RM20 x 24 months = RM190.30/month

So, what is the difference?
It seems to me, with all those adding and discounts here and there, roti canai flip here and there, the result are pretty much the same, which is both Astro and Maxis in the same house, and you still get 300Mbps and Astro Starter Pack for a total of RM190.30/month no matter you choose Maxis Fibre with Astro TV or Astro & Broadband/Astro IPTV. dry.gif sweat.gif
user posted image

It seems to me is:
Maxis Fibre with Astro TV is, you subscribe to Maxis Fibre, and then you add on Astro service.
Astro & Broadband is, you subscribe to Astro, and then you add on Internet broadband service (which you can choose either Maxis Fibre, Allo, or TIME Fibre depending on your area).
user posted image

From what I see, this Maxis Fibre with Astro TV compared to Astro & Broadband offerings is merely just to seek public attention, and nothing else.
Seriously, the only difference is the way they do the marketing and promoting to customers, that's all.

** All prices shown above excludes 6% SST

This post has been edited by joshhd: Dec 2 2020, 10:24 PM
sitescope
post Dec 2 2020, 10:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,872 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Dec 2 2020, 10:20 PM)

For this post, let's focus on this "FREE 3x speed upgrade" thing, and compare the difference with Astro & Broadband offerings:
user posted image
Source from Maxis T&C page: https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/p...d/astro-bundle/
100Mbps RM129 + Astro Starter Pack RM61.32 = RM190.30/month yet you get the so-called "3x speed bump" to 300Mbps

Astro & Broadband
You will get (RM20 x 24 months) or (RM30 x 24 months) rebate when you subscribe to Astro & Broadband OR Astro IPTV depending on eligibility below:
New Astro customerRM20/month for 24 months, regardless of which Astro box model you choose (HD/PVR/Ultra Box)
Existing Astro customerRM30/month for 24 months if you remain existing whatever Astro box you're using now
Pay your Astro bills using Auto Debit (either debit or credit card) to enjoy additional RM5/month rebate for 24 months (only applicable for Astro & Broadband OR Astro IPTV).

Since existing Astro subscribers are NOT eligible for this Maxis Fibre with Astro TV offer, therefore let's consider it as "new Astro customer" rate, which is RM20/month x 24 months.  sweat.gif 

100Mbps RM129 + Astro Starter Pack RM61.32  = RM190.30/month - Discount RM20 x 24 months = RM170.30/month
300Mbps RM149 + Astro Starter Pack RM61.32 = RM210.30/month  - Discount RM20 x 24 months = RM190.30/month

It seems to me, with all those adding and discounts here and there, roti canai flip here and there, the result are pretty much the same, which is both Astro and Maxis in the same house, and you still get 300Mbps and Astro Starter Pack for a total of RM190.30/month no matter you choose Maxis Fibre with Astro TV or Astro & Broadband/Astro IPTV.  dry.gif  sweat.gif
user posted image

It seems to me is:
Maxis Fibre with Astro TV is, you subscribe to Maxis Fibre, and then you add on Astro service.
Astro & Broadband is, you subscribe to Astro, and then you add on Internet broadband service (which you can choose either Maxis Fibre, Allo, or TIME Fibre depending on your area).
user posted image

From what I see, this Maxis Fibre with Astro TV compared to Astro & Broadband offerings is merely just to seek public attention, and nothing else.
Seriously, the only difference is the way they do the marketing and promoting to customers, that's all.

Good explanation
YoungMan
post Dec 3 2020, 01:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,089 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Dec 2 2020, 11:20 PM)

user posted image

Astro & Broadband

Since existing Astro subscribers are NOT eligible for this Maxis Fibre with Astro TV offer, therefore let's consider it as "new Astro customer" rate, which is RM20/month x 24 months.  sweat.gif 

100Mbps RM129 + Astro Starter Pack RM61.32  = RM190.30/month - Discount RM20 x 24 months = RM170.30/month
300Mbps RM149 + Astro Starter Pack RM61.32 = RM210.30/month  - Discount RM20 x 24 months = RM190.30/month

It seems to me, with all those adding and discounts here and there, roti canai flip here and there, the result are pretty much the same, which is both Astro and Maxis in the same house, and you still get 300Mbps and Astro Starter Pack for a total of RM190.30/month no matter you choose Maxis Fibre with Astro TV or Astro & Broadband/Astro IPTV.  dry.gif  sweat.gif
user posted image

It seems to me is:
user posted image

Thank you. So sitescope do take note.
danieltay
post Dec 3 2020, 06:14 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(andrekua2 @ Nov 30 2020, 12:15 PM)
LOL... Maxis did it again...

Seriously why cant these carrier offer something decent? I was going to transfer to Digi Fibre and guess what. Digi kept calling asking have I walked in. I did and on the 7th day, wasted 20minutes to call Maxis and received a counter offer. I think I will stay with Maxis Fibre for another year and then see if got better offer again.
May I know what offer you got from Maxis?
sitescope
post Dec 3 2020, 06:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,872 posts

QUOTE(YoungMan @ Dec 3 2020, 01:52 PM)
Thank you. So sitescope do take note.
Just hoping astro will cont rm35 discount after contract end
Currently my bill is rm65 for 30mbps+astro
sitescope
post Dec 3 2020, 06:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,872 posts

QUOTE(danieltay @ Dec 3 2020, 06:14 PM)
May I know what offer you got from Maxis?
He got rm99 for 100mbps
andrekua2
post Dec 3 2020, 09:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,050 posts

I'm kinda tempted to migrate my parent's unifi to maxis. My dad already a Maxis One Plan subscriber, and if they change to 500Mbps, well, technically a free 65" TV. Also according to the maxpert who came to change my modem yesterday, both of us will get RM50 off our billing once. Seem like not bad.
Cubed1437
post Dec 3 2020, 10:00 PM

Getting Started
145 posts

Hi, I'm trying to install Maxis Fibre at my new house. When I check the coverage and ask a reseller, it says that the max speed is 800 Mbps. But when I apply for Unifi, they say that the max is only 30 Mbps which is weird since Maxis uses Unifi's port.

On top of that, my friend living in another block can get up to 100 Mbps. My question is are these discrepancies normal?
joshhd
post Dec 3 2020, 11:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,153 posts

QUOTE(Cubed1437 @ Dec 3 2020, 10:00 PM)
Hi, I'm trying to install Maxis Fibre at my new house. When I check the coverage and ask a reseller, it says that the max speed is 800 Mbps. But when I apply for Unifi, they say that the max is only 30 Mbps which is weird since Maxis uses Unifi's port.

On top of that, my friend living in another block can get up to 100 Mbps. My question is are these discrepancies normal?

If your apartment/condo block unit uses VDSL copper, then maximum speed is 30Mbps.
If it has FTTH fibre, then you have the option to subscribe to the highest speed package of 800Mbps.

It might happen to some people, where the fibre infra for your building OR floor is fibre port full, while the only one that has port for you is VDSL copper infra.
That leaves you no choice but to go for VDSL copper instead of FTTH fibre, which eventually means 30Mbps is the maximum speed for you. If that happens to you, then consider yourself very unlucky lo sad.gif

Sad to say, fibre port availability are first come first serve basis. If your neighbours sign up fibre Internet service earlier than you, and then ended up fibre port insufficient or full, and then VDSL copper could become your only choice by then.

You can ask the reseller to request Demand List for you, but usually the success rate of getting approve are low.

However, this doesn't apply if your apartment/condo's fibre infra is under Maxis NGBB instead of TM HSBB.
Let's say if your apartment/condo is covered under Maxis NGBB, then when you subscribe to Maxis Fibre, of course they will use their own Maxis NGBB fibre infra instead of using TM HSBB's fibre infra.

TM HSBB = fibre infra by TM
Maxis NGBB = fibre infra by Maxis

----

You said you have a friend that lives in another block, and he can subscribe to 100Mbps. It seems to me that his apartment/condo block unit may be using FTTH fibre.

Maybe, if you could tell us, what is your apartment/condo name, then maybe someone here can help you check? biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by joshhd: Dec 3 2020, 11:10 PM
Cubed1437
post Dec 4 2020, 02:31 AM

Getting Started
145 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Dec 3 2020, 11:09 PM)
If your apartment/condo block unit uses VDSL copper, then maximum speed is 30Mbps.
If it has FTTH fibre, then you have the option to subscribe to the highest speed package of 800Mbps.

It might happen to some people, where the fibre infra for your building OR floor is fibre port full, while the only one that has port for you is VDSL copper infra.
That leaves you no choice but to go for VDSL copper instead of FTTH fibre, which eventually means 30Mbps is the maximum speed for you. If that happens to you, then consider yourself very unlucky lo  sad.gif

Sad to say, fibre port availability are first come first serve basis. If your neighbours sign up fibre Internet service earlier than you, and then ended up fibre port insufficient or full, and then VDSL copper could become your only choice by then.

You can ask the reseller to request Demand List for you, but usually the success rate of getting approve are low.

However, this doesn't apply if your apartment/condo's fibre infra is under Maxis NGBB instead of TM HSBB.
Let's say if your apartment/condo is covered under Maxis NGBB, then when you subscribe to Maxis Fibre, of course they will use their own Maxis NGBB fibre infra instead of using TM HSBB's fibre infra.

TM HSBB = fibre infra by TM
Maxis NGBB = fibre infra by Maxis

----

You said you have a friend that lives in another block, and he can subscribe to 100Mbps. It seems to me that his apartment/condo block unit may be using FTTH fibre.

Maybe, if you could tell us, what is your apartment/condo name, then maybe someone here can help you check?  biggrin.gif
Thanks for the reply. I think it's probably due to fibre port availability. But the Maxis reseller said that for Maxis Fibre, I can go up to 800 Mbps. Does that mean Maxis is using their own NGBB there? Or Maxis isn't able to determine if the ports are full. I'm reluctant to accept the reseller's offer since if I subscribe to 300 Mbps then when the technician comes and it can only go up to 30 Mbps, what happens then. Can I get to change my contract etc.

My building is Block F, Pangsapuri Sri Kayangan, Ukay Perdana. If anyone wants the full address to check, please DM me. Thanks!

omega10
post Dec 4 2020, 09:29 AM

Casual
405 posts

My Home fibre 30Mbps expired. Called up maxis and was informed there is no special rebate to continue. Considering to change to Digi Fibre.
sitescope
post Dec 4 2020, 10:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,872 posts

QUOTE(omega10 @ Dec 4 2020, 09:29 AM)
My Home fibre 30Mbps expired. Called up maxis and was informed there is no special rebate to continue. Considering to change to Digi Fibre.
Once u submit termination form then maxis will call
Dont worry
omega10
post Dec 4 2020, 10:54 AM

Casual
405 posts

QUOTE(sitescope @ Dec 4 2020, 10:31 AM)
Once u submit termination form then maxis will call
Dont worry
OK. Thank you.

283 Pages « < 276 277 278 279 280 > » Top

Change to: