Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The Official Maxis FTTH Thread | v5, Maxis Home Fibre Internet, from RM148 (Maxis)

kyogre
post Today, 12:42 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

setup: technicolor tg784n v3. stock maxis/tm modem, wifi (2feet away), 2.4ghz. 30mbps plan
area: tmn melati
result:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

cs called me on 8 sept. set for router upgrade on 26th.

those who upgraded, is the new one better in tems of signal/ping/stability? new one got 5ghz channel?
btw, building can only max at 30mbps, only copper lines although nearby condo have Time fml T_T

This post has been edited by kyogre: Today, 12:48 PM
CuriOu5
post Today, 12:48 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(netken @ Sep 21 2018, 12:11 PM)
exactly - the call centres keep promising that the Elite team will come and sort all problems.

When he came yesterday, he is no better than me, just keep whatsapping Maxis for answers .... then left without solving anything saying that Maxis will contact me, case lodged.

i have been calling in so many times to log cases .... at lost what to do next.
Let's analyse your issue.

Are you staying in a house or apartment. If in a house, then this shouldn't happen. If in an apartment, whether the apartment has the fibre network or still copper wiring.

If it is fibre networked, was the clipping of the fibre cable connector done correctly. Reason I said so was when TIME installed my office's broadband, the clipping was not done properly and couldn't achieve 100 Mbps. After trying and trying, whatsapping and calling fellow installers for answers for about half and hour, finally one of their fellow installer asked them to check the fibre clipping and connector. They tested it and the found out the issue was the fibre cable was not properly clipped to the connector. Once they redo the clipping and the connector, the issue solved.

Just my 2 cents.
CuriOu5
post Today, 12:51 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Xumu @ Sep 21 2018, 01:23 PM)
Lucky you got time fibre nearby. How much for the 100mbps?

Maxis obviously la they just think of piggy back TM only
RM400+ for static IP
busbos
post Today, 01:06 PM

Casual
Group: Super Senior

QUOTE(netken @ Sep 21 2018, 08:38 AM)
Maxis Elite team came yesterday to change my router.

he gave up without settling my upload issue of only 20MB and VOIP not working.

i have filed 2 case numbers - and nobody can help me at maxis .... any ideas?
to those that have 20Mbps upload with 100Mbps package, i had the same problem but technician just came over to my house and fixed it by calling TM to fix my 'internet profile'

they didnt update the upload only download from my previous 50Mbps package

now my upload back to the advertised at ~50Mbps
shinkawa
post Today, 01:34 PM

parttime otaku
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(kyogre @ Sep 21 2018, 12:42 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
gotten call from maxis offer me change from unifi to maxis.
they said its new tech router + new cable line will be install.
what the new router model name?
karheng
post Today, 02:10 PM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

Update :
just changed my new router, I tot he will upgrade the speed as well and do speed test. The guy said his job only change router. So i need to call maxis for the upgrade to 100Mbps.

After he left, I call maxis and wait for 10 mins and finally call answered, the answer is : due to your current condo is only support up to 30Mbps, no point to upgrade, and they advise me to maintain the 30Mbps plan with RM89.00. They will update the price in the system later. I said really no way to upgrade to 100Mbps? He said in the system they already know that my condo is only support up to 30Mbps. So I give up and maintain the 30Mbps speed at RM89.00.

So for those who live in old condo, apartment running on copper fibre, they can't do anything, even I test the VDSL2 signal thru the modem that day, suppose can support 90Mbps.
You may try your luck. mmm....at least we get new router and renew 24 months contract.

*My xiaomi Yi home wifi cam not able to connect thru new router and reset and configure, not sure why. (solved after try n try)

This post has been edited by karheng: Today, 02:39 PM
netken
post Today, 02:31 PM

Casual

QUOTE(CuriOu5 @ Sep 21 2018, 12:48 PM)
Let's analyse your issue.

Are you staying in a house or apartment. If in a house, then this shouldn't happen. If in an apartment, whether the apartment has the fibre network or still copper wiring.

If it is fibre networked, was the clipping of the fibre cable connector done correctly. Reason I said so was when TIME installed my office's broadband, the clipping was not done properly and couldn't achieve 100 Mbps. After trying and trying, whatsapping and calling fellow installers for answers for about half and hour, finally one of their fellow installer asked them to check the fibre clipping and connector. They tested it and the found out the issue was the fibre cable was not properly clipped to the connector. Once they redo the clipping and the connector, the issue solved.

Just my 2 cents.
Hi bro - staying landed in OUG - it should be copper.

Previous Maxis package:

1. 30MB package - i get 30MB down and 30MB up.
2. 50MB package - i get 50MB down and 20MB up.

Now i am using 100MB - i get 100MB down and mere 20MB upload only .... there is a cap i feel imposed for my case.
danielSinclair
post Today, 03:35 PM

Getting Started

hi all

maxis just come and do installation today but the speed instead of 30mbps only got 10mbps. the installer said due to wrongly keyin order by maxis and it will auto upgrade within 48 hours. Unifi not yet terminate. Should i request to terminate Unifi or wait until Maxis upgrade to 30mbps first?🤧🤧🤧
danieltay
post Today, 04:15 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(karheng @ Sep 21 2018, 02:10 PM)
Update :
just changed my new router, I tot he will upgrade the speed as well and do speed test. The guy said his job only change router. So i need to call maxis for the upgrade to 100Mbps.

After he left, I call maxis and wait for 10 mins and finally call answered, the answer is : due to your current condo is only support up to 30Mbps, no point to upgrade, and they advise me to maintain the 30Mbps plan with RM89.00. They will update the price in the system later. I said really no way to upgrade to 100Mbps? He said in the system they already know that my condo is only support up to 30Mbps. So I give up and maintain the 30Mbps speed at RM89.00.

So for those who live in old condo, apartment running on copper fibre, they can't do anything, even I test the VDSL2 signal thru the modem that day, suppose can support 90Mbps.
You may try your luck. mmm....at least we get new router and renew 24 months contract.

*My xiaomi Yi home wifi cam not able to connect thru new router and reset and configure, not sure why. (solved after try n try)
what is the ping you got, before and after change to router?

mine is 12, but now become 30

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0486sec    4.42    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st September 2018 - 04:28 PM