Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The Official Maxis FTTH Thread | v5, Maxis Home Fibre Internet, from RM148 (Maxis)

SilentVampire
post Sep 20 2017, 08:19 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(ERiKoChAn @ Sep 20 2017, 05:58 AM)
Hi all im maxis home fibre 30mbs while i go to speedtest i only get 7mbps. Is that normAl?
No. Are you on 2.4Ghz or 5GHz band? I suggest you analyze the Wifi channels around you, using a Wifi analyzer. Could be a case of congestion and you might need to change your Wifi channel to 1,6, or 11.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
patienceGNR
post Sep 20 2017, 08:48 AM

♥ Ride All Day ♥
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(SilentVampire @ Sep 19 2017, 11:18 PM)
Agree 100% bro. The CSO are not really trained in IT and if they can't even understand basic troubleshooting issues and networking terms, I don't know why they are being hired to be the first line for customer enquiries in the first place  bangwall.gif
No, it's not 100% their fault. Their trainers are lousy! They should be trained basic networking stuffs like pinging with command prompt, and also what packet losses, trace routes are.

It's ridiculous for a telco staff to not know this! Especially one being in the fixed BB service itself.

QUOTE(hyfreD @ Sep 19 2017, 11:26 PM)
update : its fixed, at least for me
It was ok by around the time you posted. I remember I tested pinging to affected websites around 11+

That's what I call an action. Be it by maxis or TM.
+Quote Post
ERiKoChAn
post Sep 20 2017, 09:48 AM

QUOTE(SilentVampire @ Sep 20 2017, 08:19 AM)
No. Are you on 2.4Ghz or 5GHz band? I suggest you analyze the Wifi channels around you, using a Wifi analyzer. Could be a case of congestion and you might need to change your Wifi channel to 1,6, or 11.
im using 2.4, I close my 5. Guess im gonna try to9. I set my wifi channel to auto~
+Quote Post
SilentVampire
post Sep 20 2017, 10:31 AM

Casual

QUOTE(patienceGNR @ Sep 20 2017, 08:48 AM)
No, it's not 100% their fault. Their trainers are lousy! They should be trained basic networking stuffs like pinging with command prompt, and also what packet losses, trace routes are.

It's ridiculous for a telco staff to not know this! Especially one being in the fixed BB service itself.
I know what you mean bro. There should be an intro class but this is bolehland. So forget about it puke.gif

QUOTE(ERiKoChAn @ Sep 20 2017, 09:48 AM)
im using 2.4, I close my 5. Guess im gonna try to9. I set my wifi channel to auto~
I suggest sticking to 1,6, or 11. If you're on other channels than that, there will be an overlap. I am thinking that it could be channel congestion if you're using 2.4.

This post has been edited by SilentVampire: Sep 20 2017, 10:33 AM
+Quote Post
iRonTech
post Sep 20 2017, 11:29 AM

Access Denied
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(ERiKoChAn @ Sep 20 2017, 09:48 AM)
neighborhood 2.4 congested & no matter which channel, its still congested

5 not (at the moment), although wifi penetrate wall not as good as 2.4

+Quote Post
captainwifi
post Sep 20 2017, 02:03 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ERiKoChAn @ Sep 20 2017, 05:58 AM)
Hi all im maxis home fibre 30mbs while i go to speedtest i only get 7mbps. Is that normAl?
And last night's bandwidth was bad. I'm getting 7mbps on my 10mbps account.
+Quote Post
ERiKoChAn
post Sep 20 2017, 02:46 PM

Maxis just called. Saying they having service problem since Monday. They realised and slowly recovering. Ask us wait and check tonight again.
+Quote Post
captainwifi
post Sep 20 2017, 10:27 PM

Getting Started

still very slow. since last night
+Quote Post
underzoom
post Yesterday, 08:18 PM

Getting Started

Hi all. Just got on to the Maxis Fibre club (50mbps). I have a small issue here. On three of my android phones, I am able to connect to the WiFi and it shows "Internet may not be available". However internet works fine but this notice stays forever on both 2.4G/5G wifi. Is this an issue with the IPV6 or an android related issue? If anyone has any idea, I appreciate your views/comments. Thanks!
+Quote Post
SilentVampire
post Yesterday, 11:05 PM

Casual

QUOTE(underzoom @ Sep 25 2017, 08:18 PM)
Hi all. Just got on to the Maxis Fibre club (50mbps). I have a small issue here. On three of my android phones, I am able to connect to the WiFi and it shows "Internet may not be available". However internet works fine but this notice stays forever on both 2.4G/5G wifi. Is this an issue with the IPV6 or an android related issue? If anyone has any idea, I appreciate your views/comments. Thanks!
Have you tried to Google for a solution to that problem? Seems like it's common with some brands of Android phone so I would start there before any troubleshooting any network related issues.
+Quote Post
danieltay
post Today, 03:52 PM

Getting Started

Received sms from Maxis on possible service interruption between 10pm 28/09/2017 to 6am 29/09/2017.

So guys be prepared, in case you've not been informed.

Just sharing.
+Quote Post
SilentVampire
post Today, 05:56 PM

Casual

QUOTE(danieltay @ Sep 26 2017, 03:52 PM)
Received sms from Maxis on possible service interruption between 10pm 28/09/2017 to 6am 29/09/2017.

So guys be prepared, in case you've not been informed.

Just sharing.
Thank you for the notification bro. I don't seem to be receiving any messages about service interruptions from Maxis usually, and I end up troubleshooting for a decent amount of time, before realizing that the fault is on Maxis.
+Quote Post
danieltay
post Today, 08:21 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(SilentVampire @ Sep 26 2017, 05:56 PM)
Thank you for the notification bro. I don't seem to be receiving any messages about service interruptions from Maxis usually, and I end up troubleshooting for a decent amount of time, before realizing that the fault is on Maxis.
This is 1st time I got such message, after so many long years and unnecessary sufferings.

I hope the Maxis representative here can give notice about such update in the future.
+Quote Post

79 Pages « < 77 78 79Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0680sec    3.29    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th September 2017 - 08:44 PM