Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> 1MDB Scandal, Continued Failure To Repay Loans

touristking
post Today, 06:48 AM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(jaycee1 @ Aug 16 2018, 07:11 PM)
I don't remember you complaining when the PAC report was OSA'ed by the past administration.

Why complain now? Why put the blame on PH now?
Oh, it wasn't a problem then but its a problem now?
Don't worry, you'd get your report soon enough. OSA is being repealed. PAC's report will also see the light soon.
Go lobby the PAC Chairman which is a BN bloke then if not satisfied with the PAC.
Funny you should make so much noise on the PAC report. The contents of the DOJ report you conveniently ignore. HAHAHAHAHA
I did not complain doesn't mean I like it. I am complaining of people making up stories.

Foe example. In the April 2017 settlement agreement, news report say 1MDB will be responsible for the USD 3.5 billions and the story ends there. There are no further news as to whether 1MDB made another payment of USD 3.5 billions or 2 batches of USD 3.5 billions in total to IPIC. But many made it sounded like it have been paid a second time and that is making up stories

On OSA. How long do you need to repeal previous secret documents? 1 days? 100 days? 1000 days? 5 years? IMO, it will merely take less than 7 days so why haven't it been repealed?

PAC is more definitive than DOJ in this case. Why you like to worship white man for? You have inferiority complex?

touristking
post Today, 07:04 AM

Regular

QUOTE(stormaker @ Aug 16 2018, 10:33 AM)
That's a good start. But not a full account, the boring stuff with lots of figures etc.

Do keep in mind Pakatan, like any politicians, will tell stories. Take the latest case of toll removal cost. As the opposition, Pakatan say will only take 25 billions to remove tolls. Now as government, change the cost of removal to 400 billions, a 16 times increase

Same with BN. if they say 40 billions didn't go missing, may be a 4 billions did. Who knows?

stormaker
post Today, 07:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(touristking @ Aug 17 2018, 07:04 AM)
That's a good start. But not a full account, the boring stuff with lots of figures etc.

Do keep in mind Pakatan, like any politicians, will tell stories. Take the latest case of toll removal cost. As the opposition, Pakatan say will only take 25 billions to remove tolls. Now as government, change the cost of removal to 400 billions, a 16 times increase

Same with BN. if they say 40 billions didn't go missing, may be a 4 billions did. Who knows?

If 106 pages of documents & full of figures is boring to u, I guess full report wont be less boring.

Do keep in mind, whenever a Politician say something, I expect to see some sort of supporting documents / proof, then thorough investigation followed. That's what Malaysian want.

How much money go missing ... blah blah blah I don't really care, as long as there's money missing, jail the culprit.

Same goes to u, when u say something, if peoples asking for supporting article, please show it, else u are no different than Pakatan/BN story telling.

tippman
post Today, 08:28 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(touristking @ Aug 17 2018, 06:48 AM)
I did not complain doesn't mean I like it. I am complaining of people making up stories.

Foe example. In the April 2017 settlement agreement, news report say 1MDB will be responsible for the USD 3.5 billions and the story ends there. There are no further news as to whether 1MDB made another payment of USD 3.5 billions or 2 batches of USD 3.5 billions in total to IPIC. But many made it sounded like it have been paid a second time and that is making up stories

On OSA. How long do you need to repeal previous secret documents? 1 days? 100 days? 1000 days? 5 years? IMO, it will merely take less than 7 days so why haven't it been repealed?

PAC is more definitive than DOJ in this case. Why you like to worship white man for? You have inferiority complex?
You did not complain but you didn't voice out too?

There are no one making up stories except you.

There are so many reports confirm that 1mdb's money has been laundered for other purpose as evidenced from DOJ, Singapore, heck even some of the banks are being shut down because of 1mdb.

Why in your opinion it only take 7 days? care to share?

Please explain why PAC is more definitive than DOJ? why? We are talking about the report not worshiping

kmarc
post Today, 09:46 AM

The future is here - Cryptocurrencies!
Group Icon
Group: Elite

QUOTE(touristking @ Aug 17 2018, 07:04 AM)

Of course it's not a full account/report. Everybody except blind supporters know that PAC investigations were not done properly, were hampered by a lot of factors and led by an incompetent biased chairman.

Now, this, is a different story - Parliament agrees to reopen PAC and Auditor-General probes into 1MDB : https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2018...obes-into-1mdb/

KUALA LUMPUR: Parliament has agreed for the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) and Auditor-General to open fresh investigations into the 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) scandal.

The motion to reopen investigations was tabled by Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng and was passed after heated debate.

"The probe by the PAC will allow the Pekan MP (former prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak) to defend himself and clear his name in a transparent manner," Lim said when tabling the motion in Parliament on Thursday (Aug 16).

He said the investigations by the PAC and Auditor-General would allow the rakyat to know the truth behind 1MDB and bring closure to the scandal that has rocked the nation.

"The people must know the truth as it was the people who have to pay a high cost," he said.

He noted that the probe would also restore the dignity of the PAC.

Lim struck a nerve with former PAC chairman Datuk Hasan Ariffin when he claimed that the latter had deliberately erased vital information from the former PAC report which was tabled in Parliament in 2016.

Lim said the information would have shed light on businessman Low Taek Jho's, also known as Jho Low, connection to 1MDB.

Later when debating the motion, Hasan (BN-Rompin) admitted that he decided to remove the information from the PAC report a day before it was tabled in Parliament on April 7, 2016, as it was from a confidential letter from Bank Negara.

An argument ensued between Hasan and former PAC member Tony Pua (PH-Damansara) who accused the former of erasing crucial information.

"Why had you (Hasan) altered the final PAC Report without even informing us as PAC members?" Pua asked, adding that the former PAC chairman had used his position to protect and exonerate Najib of wrongdoing.

Hasan proposed for a Parliamentary Select Committee to be set up to clear his name over his previous actions as PAC chairman.

Pua agreed to Hasan's proposal.

Tan Sri Annuar Musa (BN-Ketereh) said he supported the motion to reopen the investigations.

"The new Pakatan government must be given ample space to find the truth behind the issues surrounding 1MBD," he said when debating the motion.

He said the PAC should carry out its probe as soon as possible to avoid the issue beinf dragged further

"Tomorrow (Aug 17) will be Pakatan's 100 days as the ruling Government and the 1MDB issue should not give rise to anymore polemics," he added.

Before lawmakers passed the motion, Speaker Datuk Mohamad Ariff Md Yusof said he had no authority to rule for PAC proceedings to be conducted as public hearings.

He said the proper manner would be for the PAC to table their findings in Parliament once completed.

Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2018...g9ZEGS6DQeei.99

Lionel90
post Today, 10:03 AM

I lift! Or so I think..

https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/439248

Bekas pengerusi PAC mengaku padam perkataan dalam laporan 1MDB

Bekas pengerusi Jawatankuasa Kira-kira Awam hari ini berkata dia memadam beberapa baris perkataan dalam laporan jawatankuasa itu berhubung 1MDB kerana dimaklumkan maklumat berkenaan "bertaraf risikan".

Datuk Hasan Arifin, yang mendiamkan lebih dua tahun, memberitahu Dewan Rakyat bahawa dia membuat perkara itu pada 2016 bagi menghapuskan bahagian mengenai pemilikan Good Star Limited (GSL) selepas menerima surat dari Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM).

Menurutnya, BNM menulis surat dan memaklumkan bahawa maklumat berhubung GSL itu "bertaraf risikan".

Bercakap ketika membahaskan usul kerajaan agar PAC membuka semula siasatan ke atas 1MDB, Hasan berkata keputusan yang dibuatnya itu adalah bagi menjamin integriti PAC.

"Memandangkan maklumat itu tidak boleh didedahkan kepada orang awam, maka saya tarik balik (hapus) perkataan itu dan maklumkan kepada PAC," katanya.

Tambahnya, BNM tidak boleh mengesahkan bahawa GSL, yang didakwa menerima AS$1 bilion pada Sept 2009 dari 1MDB, dimiliki oleh ahli perniagaan kontroversial 1MDB.

Pendedahan Hasan mendapat kritikan daripada Tony Pua (HARAPAN-Damansara) yang berkata Hasan seharusnya memaklumkan anggota PAC terlebih dahulu dan menyifatkan beliau tidak menghormati anggota PAC yang lain.

Hasan kemudian berkata, sekiranya beliau mendedahkan surat BNM itu kepada anggota PAC, ia sama seperti beliau mendedahkan isu berkenaan kepada umum.

Terdahulu, Menteri Kewangan Lim Guan Eng berkata Hasan bersalah kerana menyembunyikan maklumat berkenaan.

Hasan bagaimanapun mencabar Lim untuk menunjukkan negara mana atau agensi mana yang boleh membuktikan pemilik GSL.

Hasan turut mengancam untuk merujuk Lim kepada jawatankuasa pemilih bagi menjaga maruahnya.

Dalam ucapan penggulungannya, Lim berkata jika dibandingkan dengan maruah seorang individu, adalah lebih penting untuk PAC mendedahkan pihak yang menyebabkan hutan RM50 bilion 1MDB.

Oh PAC is more definitive than DOJ? Sure, I fully expect a scammer to reveal information that he is indeed scamming in a report he has control over. Not even sure we could have learnt anything from the de-OSA'd PAC report now.
touristking
post Today, 02:06 PM

Regular

QUOTE(stormaker @ Aug 17 2018, 12:56 AM)
If 106 pages of documents & full of figures is boring to u, I guess full report wont be less boring.

Do keep in mind, whenever a Politician say something, I expect to see some sort of supporting documents / proof, then thorough investigation followed. That's what Malaysian want.

How much money go missing ... blah blah blah I don't really care, as long as there's money missing, jail the culprit.

Same goes to u, when u say something, if peoples asking for supporting article, please show it, else u are no different than Pakatan/BN story telling.
You are naive beyond imagination. Of course there are money missing from BN and there will be some from PH also. You think politicians are saint?

So you want to jail all the politicians? Are you sure there is enough space in prison for BN and PH politicians?

touristking
post Today, 02:08 PM

Regular

QUOTE(tippman @ Aug 17 2018, 01:28 AM)
You did not complain but you didn't voice out too?

There are no one making up stories except you.

There are so many reports confirm that 1mdb's money has been laundered for other purpose as evidenced from DOJ, Singapore, heck even some of the banks are being shut down because of 1mdb.

Why in your opinion it only take 7 days? care to share?

Please explain why PAC is more definitive than DOJ? why? We are talking about the report not worshiping
This is one of most ridiculous logic you gave.

Let me give u an example. Since you did not object to MACC to be under PM before, are you saying MACC should not be independent and be placed under parliament? Why are you supporting corrupted politicians for?

stormaker
post Today, 02:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(touristking @ Aug 17 2018, 02:06 PM)
You are naive beyond imagination. Of course there are money missing from BN and there will be some from PH also. You think politicians are saint?

So you want to jail all the politicians? Are you sure there is enough space in prison for BN and PH politicians?
If I'm naive because I said jail the politician that steal money, then I don't know what to call u, retard maybe ?

U mean we let them go, enjoy the stolen money just because we dont have enough space in prison ?

This is the most retard comment i read from u.

touristking
post Today, 02:40 PM

Regular

QUOTE(stormaker @ Aug 17 2018, 07:30 AM)
If I'm naive because I said jail the politician that steal money, then I don't know what to call u, retard maybe ?

U mean we let them go, enjoy the stolen money just because we dont have enough space in prison ?

This is the most retard comment i read from u.
So why are you being selective? Shouldn't the one who took money go to jail first or the one who took the most? He gave you money? Many people have written about this including Lim Kit Siang.

For the record, I wouldn't mind they all go to jail on condition they have all been properly judged by a proper court. No kangaroo court.

https://www.malaysia-today.net/2017/10/15/w...-rm100-billion/

This post has been edited by touristking: Today, 02:45 PM
stormaker
post Today, 02:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(touristking @ Aug 17 2018, 02:40 PM)
So why are you being selective? Shouldn't the one who took money go to jail first or the one who took the most? He gave you money? Many people have written about this including Lim Kit Siang.

For the record, I wouldn't mind they all go to jail on condition they have all been properly judged by a proper court. No kangaroo court.
https://www.malaysia-today.net/2017/10/15/w...-rm100-billion/
What being selective ? This is 1MDB topic, so I talk about 1MDB. Are u lost ?

U mean u can go to any thread and talk abt anything u like regardless of the topic title ?

I think u see enough kangaroo court during BN time.

touristking
post Today, 02:57 PM

Regular

QUOTE(stormaker @ Aug 17 2018, 07:53 AM)
What being selective ? This is 1MDB topic, so I talk about 1MDB. Are u lost ?

U mean u can go to any thread and talk abt anything u like regardless of the topic title ?

I think u see enough kangaroo court during BN time.
Sure there are Kangaroo court before. And you people are in another one right now without realizing it.

So just tell me, have the court look into 1MDB yet? If not, how come there are people here treating everything you read on Internet as facts?

touristking
post Today, 03:02 PM

Regular

QUOTE(stormaker @ Aug 16 2018, 10:33 AM)
Didn't see any mention of the 50 billions disappearing. So what happen to the 50 billions? Already found?
stormaker
post Today, 03:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(touristking @ Aug 17 2018, 02:57 PM)
Sure there are Kangaroo court before. And you people are in another one right now without realizing it.

So just tell me, have the court look into 1MDB yet? If not, how come there are people here treating everything you read on Internet as facts?
The trial not even started yet, then u said it's kangaroo court, u got time machine ?

U cannot think for urself ? We discuss base on news, report from DOJ. If u dont have critical thinking, if u are not here to discuss, n just want to wait for court, then u can get out from here.

stormaker
post Today, 03:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(touristking @ Aug 17 2018, 03:02 PM)
Didn't see any mention of the 50 billions disappearing. So what happen to the 50 billions? Already found?
Show me which post I said 50 billions disappear. Else u are making up story n liar.
touristking
post Today, 03:15 PM

Regular

QUOTE(stormaker @ Aug 17 2018, 12:56 AM)

What does it say about the 40 or 50 billion missing that people are talking about? There are people treating 40 or 50 billions as though they are facts.

touristking
post Today, 03:16 PM

Regular

QUOTE(stormaker @ Aug 17 2018, 08:04 AM)
Show me which post I said 50 billions disappear. Else u are making up story n liar.
did I say you said that? i said, some people did.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0885sec    6.96    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th August 2018 - 03:20 PM