Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> World of Tanks v4 - Where Tankers Meet, Shoot to thrill, Play to kill. (MMO)

views

red streak
post Oct 8 2018, 12:16 AM

Doto 2 Pinoy Slayer
1,379 posts

Any up-to-date recommendations on a Tier 6 tank to get with the free token? hmm.gif Besides the T-34 85, since I've already grinded up enough exp/credits for that tank and I'm training crew for it in the 10 day renter T-34 85M. I'm currently playing the following:

Country/Type Tier Tank Notes
German SPG 4 StPanzer II Pretty amazing. My highest WRs are with German SPGs. Eziest clicking gameplay ever.
German Light 4 Luchs Don't really play this line much except when the daily bonus is up
German Medium 4 VK20.01 D Eventual goal is to unlock the Leopard 1 before 2020 or the game dies
Russian Light 5 T-50 I've researched it but might not play this tank at all and will just keep and grind the Tier 5 T-34 to unlock the MT-25. I tend to get more exp/credits playing the T-34 than I do with the Russian Light
Russian Medium 6 T-34 85 I love the T-34 85M and this thing should be pretty similar to it if slightly worse. Took me awhile to get used to the almost non-existent armor of the T-34.
French Light 4 AMX 40 Pretty rough grind since this thing and the previous T3 are dogshit. It's amazing when I'm top tier but when I'm bottom I can't do anything except bounce stuff. I can easily get 1k bounce damage a game laugh.gif
American Medium 4 M3 Lee Not sure if I wanna keep going down this line since I actually want to get the Sheridan, not the mediums and based on the stats the T71 DA line is a better grind for T9 medium tanks
American TD 4 T40 I kinda regret researching this instead of the M8A1. I eventually plan to get the Hellcat instead of the Jackson
Swedish TD 4 Sav M/43 Dogshit compared to the T3, pain to grind since it's nowhere near as good or fun but I really want the UDES so I'll keep grinding

I don't really play heavies other than the free premium Churchill III which kinda sucks but it's great for farming credits. I've had some great games with it but overall the gun pen/alpha is bad, it's slow af and I get horribly raped by better heavies that actually have good guns. I'm not really a fan of slow tanks and I like the light/medium tanks so far. I'm pretty good with the German SPGs that I've used but I have no experience with the other countries. I've heard good things about the M44 though so I might give that line a try.
red streak
post Oct 8 2018, 01:28 AM

Doto 2 Pinoy Slayer
1,379 posts

QUOTE(moodswingfella @ Oct 8 2018, 12:23 AM)
Well that's a long list. But since you love to click, i stronkly suggest you to grind usa spg. German spg at tier 9 and 10 is not rly great. Toooo slow to relocate.
I'll get to the M44 eventually if I get bored of the current set of tanks I'm grinding and testing out. I don't want to waste my free Tier 6 tank token on an SPG since they're pretty much all the same gameplay-wise other than minor bits here and there. It's not really engaging gameplay. I just play it when I'm bored of eating arty shots and want to dish out some of my own laugh.gif
red streak
post Oct 8 2018, 12:11 PM

Doto 2 Pinoy Slayer
1,379 posts

QUOTE(moodswingfella @ Oct 8 2018, 08:34 AM)
Tier 6 token? What's that?
You get the token from completing some newbie missions. You get to pick any tier 6 tank for free.
red streak
post Oct 17 2018, 04:46 AM

Doto 2 Pinoy Slayer
1,379 posts

Thanks for all the suggestions and tips guys wub.gif

QUOTE(Catnip @ Oct 14 2018, 10:15 PM)
red streak
What don't you like about the T40 tank destroyer? The T40 is good with the 76 mm AT Gun M1A1. World of Tanks Statistics: Tier IV Damage Ratio Same top gun on the T67 Tier V tank destroyer.

[attachmentid=10069024]

APCR is not necessary but the T 34-85M can send me back to the garage with 2 shots. Outnumbered 6 to 1 with 2 spgs and a deadly Luchs, I simply forgot to switch to normal AP shells.
I mean the gun is alright. It's a T6 gun on a T4 tank so it absolutely rips through almost everything with the default ammo and reloads fast enough with my upgrades that I can kill most things before they can aim at me. It's my best TD right now (out of two that I own laugh.gif) but I feel like the M8A1 would have been a better choice for my playstyle since it's fast af, has a turret and its top gun is almost as good as the T40. I'm only grinding through the American TD line so I can get the Hellcat so the M8A1 would be a weaker version of that. The Hellcat legit scares when I see it on the opposing team. I use camo nets/binocs/rammer on this tank and I've just unlocked the T5 Wolverine today so I might chill awhile and train some crew skills like camo before upgrading. It's not as fun as I thought it'd be since I'm going fully F2P and won't be spending any money on this game so the stock grind to get the top 76mm gun was pretty aids.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I also had another game today where I almost killed 7 after an entire flank of my team died like retards doing almost no damage but fudged up one of my shots and died to the other two. Feels bad to suck cry.gif My favorite tanks so far are the T-34-85M, Pz. 38 (t) and the Pz. II (G), the last two because it's hilarious dunking lower tiers like I got dunked when I first started laugh.gif The T-34-85M is incredibly fun since it can reasonably bounce shots, do a decent amount of damage per shot and penetrate most targets. I suppose most of my issues with the game stems from the lack of crew skills due to going F2P (I think only half a dozen of my tanks' crews are 100% and have at least 1 skill trained) and how annoying it is to try and complete the last few StuG IV missions with lower tier tanks. The T40 is good enough to complete all the TD missions but I still don't have a good enough tank/tier for the HT (Churchill III is my only heavy and it's pretty dogshit, especially for the damage/bounce/ramming missions), the spotting and doing damage mission for light tanks (I don't think it's possible to do both 1k damage and 1k spotting at once with a lower tier tank like the A-20 so I might have to upgrade to the T-50 after all since higher tiers have more hp and less competition from other light tanks for spotting) and the SPG ones since T4 Sturmpanzer II rarely stuns so the stunning missions are annoying af.
red streak
post Oct 17 2018, 11:10 PM

Doto 2 Pinoy Slayer
1,379 posts

QUOTE(jtan.pdr @ Oct 17 2018, 12:05 PM)
The A 20 is fast but as a spotter, it suck cos of low view range. Gun oso a lackluster damage but high rpm.
The T 50 has equivalent view range as other tier 5 LT, but I like the speed it accelerate. Easy to circle TD like the M8a1, t67, hellcat, if catch them in the open,

I oni tried the Asian map in training..
Didn't play on it..
Being a dedicated LT player (just 4 to 5 games per session) aledi tired.. (old man)
Aledi can tell that I don't really like it..

Of course la the open maps are best for LT.

The crom B, rudy, pz25, and tier 5 and 6 Mt all collecting dust..
Yeah, the A-20 is pretty fast but it turns like shit. The gun is also meh and it doesn't change with the T-50 with the same damage so it might actually be a bad idea to go for it. Not much real luck today with light tank matches since I've gotten max T4 in matchmaking. Might have to invest in the upgrade to T5 in the coming weeks to complete the missions. I've got Luchs/M5 Stuart as backup lines just in case ruskie doesn't work out. I might have a good chance with the Luchs since it's better in every way but it still suffers from the low team hp of the tier. Still no real progress on the AMX 40 line since it's pretty aids to grind that piece of shit slow tank that gets gangbanged constantly by premium ammo sweat.gif cry.gif It's a pain being a light tank when your team is braindead and doesn't kill the crap you spot at great risk vmad.gif .

I'm not sure how I feel about the new maps. I got the Chinese one a couple of times and it's got some really good chokepoints which is great when you're a TD. There's the hill in the middle one which is too small imo and it leads to a steamroll most of the time if a team breaks through. There's still useless retards camping in the back which is amazing considering you need to maintain control over the entire line and prevent the other team from going over to win, otherwise your team auto-loses sweat.gif
red streak
post Oct 18 2018, 06:48 AM

Doto 2 Pinoy Slayer
1,379 posts

New Halloween Event is up: https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-n...halloween-mode/

Mission Overview

When: October 18 to November 4
    Vehicle: The Revenant
    Map: Grim Nebelburg
    Objective: Destroy sinister tanks, collect the Green Matter and replenish your Vault
    Rewards: Free Experience, Credits, and special Halloween camo

Boring af but gives good passive bonuses to credits/exp once you level up.
red streak
post Oct 23 2018, 01:52 AM

Doto 2 Pinoy Slayer
1,379 posts

QUOTE(moodswingfella @ Oct 21 2018, 03:16 PM)
Pls tldr me. How to earn Halloween cammo? Must reach max lvl ar?
Yeah you need to grind until the max level. You can get around 100-200 per game since there's already retards gaming the minimum green matter limit (4) that you need to in order to share the total with the team. They get that many and then go afk for the rest of the match vmad.gif
red streak
post Oct 23 2018, 10:25 AM

Doto 2 Pinoy Slayer
1,379 posts

QUOTE(moodswingfella @ Oct 23 2018, 08:24 AM)
Wow. Srsly nobody got time to grind until max. And then the benefits is like wut..only run for few weeks oni. Haha. Insane.
It's worth if you play the game every day. Otherwise, not really laugh.gif
red streak
post Oct 26 2018, 12:58 PM

Doto 2 Pinoy Slayer
1,379 posts

Free Twitch Prime Goodies: https://worldoftanks.com/en/update_twitchprime/

user posted image
red streak
post Oct 26 2018, 05:36 PM

Doto 2 Pinoy Slayer
1,379 posts

QUOTE(Catnip @ Oct 26 2018, 04:18 PM)
red streak
Free Twitch Prime Goodies: https://worldoftanks.com/en/update_twitchprime/
Above link is for NA server. For anyone interested in playing on NA server can register an account there.
Link for ASIA server:
Claim Care Package Alpha with Twitch Prime

Caveat:
Twitch Prime Guide

Q. Do I need a credit card to sign up for a free trial?
A. You need a valid payment method to obtain a free trial. A valid payment method can be a credit card, debit card, or bank account that has sufficient funds to be charged if you chose to continue into a paid subscription for either the Prime or Prime Video programs. You will not be charged until your free trial has ended and your paid subscription has started.
The one I linked works for all servers. It redirects you to your regional account page. It's still the same number of clicks.

First game with the Somua

user posted image

Test drove the Eagle 7, thought it was a HT so I played it like one. Didn't end as well laugh.gif 2nd game was way better and I managed to do almost triple the damage before dying to some guy camping in the bushes. I was so close to finishing my 2k damage mission cry.gif

user posted image

This post has been edited by red streak: Oct 26 2018, 06:03 PM
red streak
post Oct 26 2018, 07:51 PM

Doto 2 Pinoy Slayer
1,379 posts

QUOTE(moodswingfella @ Oct 26 2018, 07:18 PM)
Can i just keep the new crew in the barrack without assigning them onto any country?

Right now all tanks occupied with gooding commander dy.
From my experience with the rental T-34-85M, you can just leave the crew in the rental tank since it stays in your garage even after the rental period ends. Free "barrack slots".
red streak
post Oct 26 2018, 08:19 PM

Doto 2 Pinoy Slayer
1,379 posts

QUOTE(moodswingfella @ Octol: 26 2018, 08:07 PM)
Ummm. Wasn't it, we need to assign crew first before we can put them in any tank? 🤔
The rentals come with free 100% crew. Unless you're talking about the Twitch Prime Recruit with 3 perks. That one you don't need to redeem until 28th March 2019. If you want to put her in your barracks you need to pick a country/tank type.
red streak
post Nov 7 2018, 12:44 AM

Doto 2 Pinoy Slayer
1,379 posts

Light tanks have been an overall frustrating experience for me. Without skills you can't outspot the other light tanks since they have better camo/vr and then you die without even knowing you were spotted (no 6th sense) even if you're in a bush because somehow an enemy managed to flank your position and light you up (thanks team). Personally, I think it's the line that requires the most skills (both crew and game) in order to excel. I'm a way bigger fan of medium tanks and spgs. With mediums you can do pretty much everything and you're fast enough to relocate to a troubled front. I don't have any good heavies in my garage other than the rental Somua (my favorite by far). TDs are a hit and miss with me since the ones I've got either have stupid derp guns with shit accuracy or really good guns that do average damage. I'll have to grind higher to see if it gets better.

Best game tonight after a series of bad games with afk idiots and griefers. Amazing what happens when you say fuckit, load gold and push a lane instead of camping. Luckily my team followed me in with balls just as big. I didn't even notice they were there until everyone on the other team was dead because I was so busy fending off 3 different tanks at once. Almost died but it was worth it. I love those 200 IQ fellas <3 It's so rare to get a team that isn't passive as fuck and just watches you die instead of covering your back.

This tank is shit but when you press 2 and have the right teammates, even a turd can shine. Only lost 10k creds on that game. I'm going to miss this tank when I finally finish grinding the exp for the 3rd tank on the line. The T-34-85 and MT-25 are already researched, just need A-43 and then I can dump this tank to free up the slot. Also upgraded my Grille to the Hummel tonight. That thing so far is a beast. It easily does 1k+ damage per game and the aim time is so much better since the gun arc is way bigger. I managed to complete SPG-15 immediately after buying it icon_rolleyes.gif I can't wait to get the upgraded gun with better stats and a longer stun duration drool.gif
red streak
post Nov 20 2018, 12:18 PM

Doto 2 Pinoy Slayer
1,379 posts

Pretty cheap for one of the best if not the best light tank in the game rclxms.gif

red streak
post Nov 21 2018, 02:05 AM

Doto 2 Pinoy Slayer
1,379 posts

QUOTE(mowlous @ Nov 20 2018, 09:36 PM)
Meh, after testing it, only best among LT, still getting smoke by the big boys. This is a anti LT LT. only purpose is to encourage paid customer to camp further down the line cause a lot complaining that the scout is camping behind SPG, while LT players complaining their tank too paper to scout.

So any side that has player playing this tank I guess the backline campers like TD had better time.
Sounds like they're playing it wrong or it's just the typical red line/bush camping LTs ruining the games for others laugh.gif It has good turret armor and the gun handling is pretty good. I've seen streamers bouncing 2k damage in it and most of them say it's very strong (if not overpowered) since it's a slightly worse T-100 LT in tier 8 with almost no weaknesses if you play it right. It's fast, has a great gun with the default apcr rounds and can bounce shots that would kill other lights. If I wasn't fully F2P I'd buy this since I like playing light tanks.
red streak
post Nov 24 2018, 03:19 PM

Doto 2 Pinoy Slayer
1,379 posts

Does anyone else get lag whenever the server population reaches a certain threshold?
red streak
post Nov 27 2018, 03:35 PM

Doto 2 Pinoy Slayer
1,379 posts

Sucks that I can't get it cry.gif
red streak
post Nov 27 2018, 09:47 PM

Doto 2 Pinoy Slayer
1,379 posts

Just realized I have a 2012 account on Wargaming that I never bothered to use. Looks like I qualify for the 6 years+ awards and the free T-50-2 tank drool.gif
red streak
post Nov 28 2018, 03:15 PM

Doto 2 Pinoy Slayer
1,379 posts

Rewards are out.

user posted image

I bet everyone is going to be using this for awhile.
red streak
post Nov 28 2018, 03:44 PM

Doto 2 Pinoy Slayer
1,379 posts

QUOTE(mowlous @ Nov 28 2018, 03:22 PM)
Lol shell account.
Only account that qualifies for it apparently. The one I actually play is too new since I didn't get anything when I logged it in first cry.gif

user posted image

7 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0413sec    0.31    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th May 2022 - 03:56 AM