Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[FAQ] PC Restart/Auto Restart Problems, all question relating to these problems

views

lelong2007
post Oct 26 2007, 05:25 AM

arissto premium coffee looking for experience salesman / salesg
704 posts

QUOTE(waruna @ Oct 24 2007, 01:29 AM)
izzit possible the auto restart problem occurred due to viruses?

because last night my pc keep restarting continuesly right after the windows boot display.. and then i take off my hdd and put into my other pc as secondary hdd to scan for viruses.. "got 4 worms".. and put in back the hdd..

Then, the problem solved.. now i can switch on my pc without any error..

once again, izzit possible the auto restart / keep restarting problem occurred due to viruses?

thanks in advance
yes tat is posible also cos virus
parr
post Oct 27 2007, 02:35 AM

3 posts

Hi everyone,

I got 1 problem on my PC once i shut it down using the windows---> shut down, it just wont shut but keeps on restarting and happens each time want to turn off my PC. I have to switch off the power to shut it.

Can you please guide whats the major mistake by this error? Does it hardware or software issue?
fixcomm
post Nov 5 2007, 11:16 AM

31 posts

Dear all, need your help & opinion on this matter,

my laptop (acer aspire 5560-year 2006) just shuts off without warning. first i tot it was the heat, so i placed the fan board under it but the 'blackout' still happens. btw it only happens when i'm playing flight simx. however since last friday, the thing got real bad (again, when i'm trying to play the sim) that i have to reinstall my xp. after reinstalling, the 'blackout' still there but now not just when playing with the fsx, but with any other games (last nite, it even happend while i was browsing).

so, sure appreciate the advice on this issue. understandable that laptop is not suitable for gaming but it cant be this unsuitable (start wondering why they're install the ati x1600 for?).
hakimy1982
post Nov 6 2007, 06:43 AM

15 posts

i had a same problem with my friend pc. his P4 478 always shut down after 1~3 hours

first i suspect it related 2 the heat in the pc, but if the casing are left open 4 more air flow, it still shuts down

so i do some checking on the bios

what i found is the ram timing is set to 3 3 3 8 2T

he uses DDR2 533 Kingston value ram

i adjust the timing to 2 2 2 5 1T

finally the problem ended and the PC running 24/7 with no problem thumbup.gif

i don't actually have crossed in my mind that the RAM is the culprit shakehead.gif

This post has been edited by hakimy1982: Nov 6 2007, 06:44 AM
lluvt4ever
post Nov 8 2007, 04:58 PM

6 posts

my pc go into bluescreen n show igxprd32 error... may i noe wat is tat prob??
yngwie
post Nov 10 2007, 05:09 PM

| Ðøñ'¯|¯ G|v€ Â ÐðmÑ!
3,092 posts

QUOTE(parr @ Oct 27 2007, 02:35 AM)
Hi everyone,

I got 1 problem on my PC once i shut it down using the windows---> shut down, it just wont shut but keeps on restarting and happens each time want to turn off my PC. I have to switch off the power to shut it.

Can you please guide whats the major mistake by this error? Does it hardware or software issue?
nOObie advice here sweat.gif ...... can you recall what was the last thing you've done before the problem happened?
it could be some program running in the background that prevent your pc from shutting down properly.
go to BIOS setting; usually by pressing the F2 or Del key. check if the ACPI 2.0 or something is enable.

if reinstalling your windows cannot solved, it could be the hardware problem.

Added on November 10, 2007, 5:25 pm
QUOTE(fixcomm @ Nov 5 2007, 11:16 AM)
Dear all, need your help & opinion on this matter,

my laptop (acer aspire 5560-year 2006) just shuts off without warning. first i tot it was the heat, so i placed the fan board under it but the 'blackout' still happens. btw it only happens when i'm playing flight simx. however since last friday, the thing got real bad (again, when i'm trying to play the sim) that i have to reinstall my xp. after reinstalling, the 'blackout' still there but now not just when playing with the fsx, but with any other games (last nite, it even happend while i was browsing).

so, sure appreciate the advice on this issue. understandable that laptop is not suitable for gaming but it cant be this unsuitable (start wondering why they're install the ati x1600 for?).
not sure if this will help but you may try.
right click my computer > system properties > advanced > startup and recovery > click on the setting >
under the system recovery, uncheck the automatically restart > ok.

did your laptop plugged into the power source or running on battery during the the problem occured?

Added on November 10, 2007, 5:31 pm
QUOTE(lluvt4ever @ Nov 8 2007, 04:58 PM)
my pc go into bluescreen n show igxprd32 error... may i noe wat is tat prob??
igxprd32 are graphic related issue. apparently your system has some graphic driver problem. try updating your graphic driver and direct x to the current one.
you may uninstall the older graphic display driver before proceed with the new driver installation. make sure it''s the correct one.

This post has been edited by yngwie: Nov 10 2007, 05:31 PM
NewbieBetta
post Nov 17 2007, 12:00 PM

The Sexy Man
3,704 posts

what does BAD_POOL_HEADER can mean here?

i got this once in the morning..

sorry wrong section..

This post has been edited by NewbieBetta: Nov 17 2007, 12:06 PM
Jibek
post Nov 20 2007, 07:43 PM

Getting Started
262 posts

Hi all., i got problem with my pc.,i'm using intel 33FBC mainboard with kingston hyper x 2Gb kit.,my problem is the system always keep restarting during windows installation..

my rig..
C2D 6750
intel 33FBC
kingston 2GB ddr-800 hyper x..
my44
post Nov 28 2007, 05:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,253 posts

Dear sifoos and otais,

Guess what, I also have this bewildering auto-restart problem (with 'clacking' sound from inside the PC right before it restarts). Please refer right away to my minidump attachment which runs from 2th Nov to about an hour ago (28th Nov).

From my side, here are some observations/info on this 'problem':

Info: The PC is a P4 with 1GB DDR RAM. Two IDEs connected to two Western Digital hard disks. Another two IDEs were connected to Samsung DVD ROM and TDK CDRW. Oddly, only one of the two CD/DVD drives can be detected by Windows. I removed the IDE from TDK CDRW so that I can use the Samsung DVD ROM to play movies. The movies were often found sluggish and stuttering, and worse, resulted in auto-restart.
My step: I disconnected both the IDEs for Samsung DVD ROM and TDK CDRW. So the PC IDEs are only connected to the two HDDs. Auto-restart still occurs.

Info: One of the auto-restarts gave me a Windows error message "Your computer has just recovered from a serious error" and when I clicked "Send Report to Microsoft", there is a Microsoft website diagnostic page that says some problem related to my CA eTrust Antivirus.
My step: I uninstalled CA eTrust Antivirus and put in !Avast Home Edition, which is said to be the best AV software out there. The random auto-restart still occurs although the Windows error message "Your computer has just recovered from a serious error" no longer appears.

Info: Suspected of virus/worm/trojan problem which can also result in random auto-restart.
My step: I did a comprehensive scan by !Avast Home Edition and it did find a Win32:Trojan of some sort. I quarantined the infected file(s) but auto-restart still occurs. I decided to delete the infected files afterwards. Auto-restart still occurs.

Awaiting for a saviour smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  minidump_my44.zip ( 229.53k ) Number of downloads: 13
ckho924
post Nov 29 2007, 07:43 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(sam240 @ Dec 11 2006, 03:50 PM)
Sometime is just your software problem....format and re-install can check this out....after fresh instllation, just ghost and back up for all (next time can re-ghost back)
For hardware problem, should be your mobo problem like mention above...or maybe is your PSU power problem, what kind of PSU you are using it now?
Hope this would help something on your mind smile.gif
yaya..better u check your software or setting first b4 u format
realshinjae
post Dec 9 2007, 10:03 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

laptop pc startup problem:
if switch on,there'll be balck screen to choose normal mode or safe mode.
no matter what i do, the same screen will appear.
please help

winrainbow
post Dec 10 2007, 03:24 PM

16 posts

my comp keep auto restart and sometimes autou shut down.

besides that, it hangs most of the time.

usually the whole vision will jz stop like this and everything can't move at all, but the power still on, coz the led still lightened and i need 2 press the restart button to restart the system again.

may i know whether tht's my psu problem or any other possible problems causing this?

my comp is
400w PSU - ProLogic
pentium 4 3.0G
MSI Neo3 motherboard
2 X 512M RAM
80G + 240G HDD
samsung dvd writer
samsung dvd-rom
9250 ATI Radeon

This post has been edited by winrainbow: Dec 10 2007, 03:25 PM
aztechx
post Dec 15 2007, 03:17 PM

~Aviation Freak~
3,854 posts

If you press the power button and nothing happens (no lights, no sound, no fans, etc.) then this issue is not a NO POST but is an power related issue. If you are uncertain if the computer is turning on or not, this can be easily checked by locating any fans in the computer or visible from the outside of the computer. If these fans are spinning, the computer is receiving power and this document may not apply to your issue. Some motherboards also have a LED light that indicates that there is power coming from the PSU (Power Supply Unit).

guys..my pc suddenly started to auto off/auto restart a few days back..the first time it happened was when i left the pc on and it goes into screensaver mode as usual..but when i came back,no movement of the mouse would turn my screen on..it was just a blanks screen but the monitor is on as the 'blank black screen' is slightly illuminated..noticed this because the lights were off in my room dat time..so i restart my pc la..then it started restarting over and over..but after a few times i managed to enter windows..but after a few hours,it will auto off..

when it auto offs,pressing the 'on' button wont work..i must off the switch on the plug and on again..funny thing is,once i on the plug,the pc ons straight away without me having to press the on button..so is my problem the same as the explanation quoted above?

thanks in advance.. smile.gif
super macgyver
post Dec 15 2007, 04:09 PM

★~13k Spam Club~★
All Stars
19,321 posts

QUOTE(aztechx @ Dec 15 2007, 03:17 PM)
guys..my pc suddenly started to auto off/auto restart a few days back..the first time it happened was when i left the pc on and it goes into screensaver mode as usual..but when i came back,no movement of the mouse would turn my screen on..it was just a blanks screen but the monitor is on as the 'blank black screen' is slightly illuminated..noticed this because the lights were off in my room dat time..so i restart my pc la..then it started restarting over and over..but after a few times i managed to enter windows..but after a few hours,it will auto off..

when it auto offs,pressing the 'on' button wont work..i must off the switch on the plug and on again..funny thing is,once i on the plug,the pc ons straight away without me having to press the on button..so is my problem the same as the explanation quoted above?

thanks in advance.. smile.gif
wat is ur cpu tempature tat time?
aztechx
post Dec 15 2007, 04:42 PM

~Aviation Freak~
3,854 posts

QUOTE(super macgyver @ Dec 15 2007, 04:09 PM)
wat is ur cpu tempature tat time?
temperature is idle at 36-40 degrees celcius...thats very normal right?

ok just noticed another thing..after my pc auto-offs..
-i will have to turn off the switches where my plugs are connected,and then turn it on again..this will cause my pc to on without pressing the 'on' button

-but when i turned off the 'main' power supply,and turn it on again,my pc will not on until i press the 'on' button.. rclxub.gif

another thing i noticed is..when my pc auto-offs..the optical mouse and keyboard lights are on while the fans,LEDS on my cpu and just about everything else is off..

however when i press the on button for 6 seconds,the lights on the keyboard and mouse turns off..i looked around in the cpu when this problem occured..and noticed this led on my mobo..it stays on all the time..
user posted image

hope this info helps.. smile.gif

This post has been edited by aztechx: Dec 16 2007, 02:16 AM
afosz
post Dec 16 2007, 02:15 AM

Justice, My Foot!
1,413 posts

i can't reformat my cousin's Compaq NX6320 laptop with any OS cd. whenever i reformat it, after windows setup, copying files, reboot, then there's stop error. this one if i try to reformat its hdd as external (after taking it out). if from internal, after windows setup, there's msg saying that no hdd found or something has to do with manufacturer diagnostic or something.

i tried reformat the hdd on another laptop, it works. then i switch the hdd back, but after bios, there's a msg saying 'disk read error, press ctrl+alt+del to restart'.

i dont know where to post, so i decided to post here since there's stop error related

EDITED: problem solved

This post has been edited by afosz: Dec 16 2007, 10:04 AM
super macgyver
post Dec 16 2007, 11:21 AM

★~13k Spam Club~★
All Stars
19,321 posts

QUOTE(aztechx @ Dec 15 2007, 04:42 PM)
temperature is idle at 36-40 degrees celcius...thats very normal right?

ok just noticed another thing..after my pc auto-offs..
-i will have to turn off the switches where my plugs are connected,and then turn it on again..this will cause my pc to on without pressing the 'on' button

-but when i turned off the 'main' power supply,and turn it on again,my pc will not on until i press the 'on' button..  rclxub.gif
another thing i noticed is..when my pc auto-offs..the optical mouse and keyboard lights are on while the fans,LEDS on my cpu and just about everything else is off..

however when i press the on button for 6 seconds,the lights on the keyboard and mouse turns off..i looked around in the cpu when this problem occured..and noticed this led on my mobo..it stays on all the time..
user posted image

hope this info helps.. smile.gif

tat light is MB light indicator lah. laugh.gif it is used to indicate tat ur MB is connected to ur electric plug mar successfull.
i wonder is the psu or mb got sumthing wrong.
Scandal
post Dec 16 2007, 12:09 PM

๑۩۞۩๑ 努力 ๑۩۞۩๑
902 posts

now my pc keep restart/shutdown few days ago. dunno why.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date: 2007-12-16
Time: 12:01:33
User: N/A
Computer: SCANDAL
Description:
The 7F560762 service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7000
Time: 12:01:33
Description:
The npkcrypt service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the path specified.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Save Dump
Event ID: 1001
Time: 12:00:36
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x100000ea (0x81a6e190, 0x82236d80, 0xf8373cb4, 0x00000001). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini121607-01.dmp.

can anyone help me ?? i noob in system one yawn.gif blink.gif

This post has been edited by Scandal: Dec 16 2007, 12:10 PM
fcuk90
post Dec 24 2007, 08:15 PM

ef eg ek es
7,863 posts

when me open the nfs pro street game ..the computer will auto restart .can some1help me?
SUSfred_lee
post Jan 11 2008, 02:44 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(fcuk90 @ Dec 24 2007, 08:15 PM)
when me open the nfs pro street game ..the computer will auto restart .can some1help me?
i also have this problem, but is when i playing DOTA on my pc, please help.

30 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0195sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:14 PM