Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[FAQ] PC Restart/Auto Restart Problems, all question relating to these problems

views

be@rbrick
post Feb 4 2020, 09:26 AM

Getting Started
61 posts

Strange random restart problem, hope someone have some experience on this and the solutions.
My PC using the latest Windows 10 and all hardware drivers updated.
When i start my PC for the first time, it will random restart after a while (within 1 hour). After the first random restart, my PC will behave and will not random restart again until i shutdown my PC and the cycle will start again.
Any ideas what happens?
Thanks!
iZuDeeN
post Feb 17 2020, 02:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,334 posts

yeah.. need help too...

my pc will random hang (blank screen) on IDLE ; will not hang / crash on gaming or during stress test..

Did a clean reformat (new install, new OS) but same problem occurs..

check windows 10 reliability report but couldnt find any issue ...

sigh..

even crash on stock settings...

using i5-7600k @ 4.8@Ghz (stable with Prim95 360mm rad) and R9 290 @ 1077 Mhz (stable with Furmark 240mm rad) ... on Seasonic 850Watt platinum series ..

kding2
post Nov 28 2020, 07:43 PM

Regular
1,001 posts

Something wrong with my PC these few days.

On the PC. The PC running but nothing appears on the monitor. The monitor is working fine. Then I forcibly OFF the PC and press the Power/ON button again and this time the PC running and things (window 10 loading) appear on the monitor.

Except for the issue that I need to press Power button for 1 time, Then force to close it, and press the power button again, nothing weird happening during the whole time I am using the PC.

mikidookie
post Dec 6 2020, 10:41 PM

13 posts

nice information.. really appreciated
David jack P
post Dec 11 2020, 02:28 PM

Probation
5 posts

PC start problem is to check your power supply as per need of the system. then you can check BIOS try to trouble shoot
RectangleX
post Jan 9 2021, 02:34 PM

On my way
642 posts

QUOTE(kding2 @ Nov 28 2020, 07:43 PM)
Something wrong with my PC these few days.

On the PC. The PC running but nothing appears on the monitor. The monitor is working fine. Then I forcibly OFF the PC and press the Power/ON button again and this time the PC running and things (window 10 loading) appear on the monitor.

Except for the issue that I need to press Power button for 1 time, Then force to close it, and press the power button again, nothing weird happening during the whole time I am using the PC.
Could be the PSU, graphics card or RAM contact issue. Take out the graphics card and RAM, clean the contact with a "contact cleaner" or a good "rubber eraser". Then clean the motherboard graphics card and RAM slots with a clean dry brush before reinserting them back inside, usually fixed the problems.

This post has been edited by RectangleX: Jan 9 2021, 02:38 PM
Charsiupao
post Feb 3 2021, 08:30 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

My current PC is a few years old as follows:-

Processor Intel Core™ i3-7100 @ 3.90GHz
8Gb RAM
Windows 10 Home 19041.746

It used to work okay, if REALLY sluggish, and I suspected that it was infested with all kinds of processes in the background because my whole family used it, so after we moved house and set it up, I decided to stop ignoring Malwarebytes' messages and upgrade to premium to really try and scan the whole thing inside out. Something went wrong, and the PC started getting BSODs regularly. Sometimes immediately upon logging in, sometimes after a few minutes, and the BSOD messages ranged from "driver irql_less_or_not_equal" to "bad_pool_caller" and "tcpip,sys failed". There were one or two more, but I can't recall them.

I tried booting in safe mode and scanning the PC using Malwarebytes Premium and Bitdefender Free, and both returned a few infected files which were duly quarantined, but rebooting into normal Windows 10 resulted in crashes again. I thought Malwarebytes may be the problem and uninstalled it, but the problems persisted, so I reinstalled it. Searching forums everywhere, I found people saying that network drivers needed to be updated, but upon checking, they were all latest version. I disabled the wifi driver (D-Link DWA-548 Wireless N PCIe Desktop Adapter) and somehow the BSODs stopped completely. Unfortunately, operating without wifi is not really an option, and so I tried deleting the driver and letting Windows reinstall it, but it still crashed. I downloaded the latest driver manually from D-link's website and it still crashed. I then left the driver installed, but turned off the wifi, upon which time it didn't crash. I tried leaving the wifi on, but not letting the PC connect to any available wifi network, and it still doesn't crash. So it feels like the problem isn't the driver, but the actual connecting to the the internet, almost as if some thin malware is getting instruction from hq to BSOD my pc or something.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can go about fixing this, or even how I can try to narrow down the root of the problem even further? I tried running Malwarebytes and Bitdefender Free on the normal Windows without wifi, but both scan excruciatingly slowly when not connected, and I'm not sure if they'll even find anything they couldn't find while scanning in safe mode. The one thing I'm hoping to avoid having to do is connecting the PC to the internet via LAN cable and bypassing the wifi, as I don't have a LAN cable with me, and the router is in the next room .....

Thank you so much for any advice anyone can give!
RectangleX
post Feb 28 2021, 02:00 PM

On my way
642 posts

QUOTE(iZuDeeN @ Feb 17 2020, 02:43 PM)
yeah.. need help too...

my pc will random hang (blank screen) on IDLE ; will not hang / crash on gaming or during stress test..

Did a clean reformat (new install, new OS) but same problem occurs..

check windows 10 reliability report but couldn't find any issue …

sigh..

even crash on stock settings...

using i5-7600k @ 4.8@Ghz (stable with Prim95 360mm rad) and R9 290  @ 1077 MHz (stable with Furmark 240mm rad) … on Seasonic 850Watt platinum series ..
Have you installed your motherboard chipset driver?
Have you checked your RAM? If not, do this: Click Start, Windows Administrative Tools, Windows Memory Diagnostic to check your RAM stability.
iZuDeeN
post Mar 2 2021, 08:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,334 posts

QUOTE(RectangleX @ Feb 28 2021, 02:00 PM)
Have you installed your motherboard chipset driver?
Have you checked your RAM? If not, do this: Click Start, Windows Administrative Tools, Windows Memory Diagnostic to check your RAM stability.
thanks..but bro u do realize that the post was in *2020* right? and we are in *2021* biggrin.gif
RectangleX
post Mar 2 2021, 02:00 PM

On my way
642 posts

QUOTE(iZuDeeN @ Mar 2 2021, 08:55 AM)
thanks.. 
biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by RectangleX: Mar 2 2021, 05:00 PM
ccyapkch
post Dec 18 2023, 12:19 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(samliang @ Dec 29 2006, 11:25 AM)
the auto restart onli comes when i am playing warcraft III dota .... i dunno why sometimes it restart and sometimes it doesnt restart ... anyone have clue to solve it ? thx in advance
RAM issue, try upgrade RAM
ghs06565
post Feb 26 2024, 02:54 PM

Casual
361 posts

Would like to check
acer laptop unable to start..

initial problem is unable to charge and plug in adapter, the notification light under Battery will keep flash

the last time i used was with adapter, that time i think the battery no longer can charge, and slowly battery exhausted and cannot on anymore...

question, any shop can fix to the problem?

30 Pages « < 28 29 30Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0208sec    0.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:51 PM