Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The Rolex / Tudor Watches Club V1, Is time to have this now?

Kelvw
post Nov 18 2017, 07:47 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

Whilst I was at Harrods, I decided to pop in to an AD nearby.
I never knew they had a second floor with more Rolex. They were nice to show me around including the VIP room.

Plenty of datejusts, however no professional models
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

A bit of privacy. You can take your time to decide on your purchases. Probably for guests buying Patek

user posted image

and a bar

user posted image
ck77
post Nov 18 2017, 09:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Harrords? Should get this

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
avantasia
post Nov 19 2017, 02:33 AM

a while in dreamland!!!

Hai Kelvw....i've been at london last september and i really forgot that u r stay here. Perhaps a cup of coffee with u whenever i travel there again.
Kelvw
post Nov 19 2017, 07:13 AM

Regular

ck77 already have my name down on the Harrods list.

avantasia Do drop me message next time you're here. Could should you around a bit as well smile.gif
Jenn77
post Nov 19 2017, 11:38 PM

Look Ma' Im Flyin! Gee~

QUOTE(ck77 @ Nov 18 2017, 09:41 PM)
Harrords? Should get this
Wow.. beautiful! dry.gif How much roughly?
Kelvw
post Nov 20 2017, 05:15 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Jenn77 @ Nov 19 2017, 11:38 PM)
Wow.. beautiful!  dry.gif How much roughly?
You're looking at around £2600 (RM14,300)
chiahau
post Nov 20 2017, 05:26 PM

Fatthau StalKer

QUOTE(Kelvw @ Nov 20 2017, 05:15 PM)
That's cheap! laugh.gif

Despite my best effort over the week, I am still watch hunting.

Went to many stores over the weekends, can't seems to find something to distract me from the Hulk tongue.gif

But at the same time, I can't stomach the premium for the Hulk.
Kelvw
post Nov 20 2017, 07:26 PM

Regular

chiahau

Yeah, it's the same price as the normal Black bays. Problem is if you can get one doh.gif

More hulk poison for you?

user posted image

user posted image

Also just got my Submariner book from Mondani. Got a complementary bracelet which I doubt I would wear. Not good to wear on the watch wrist anyway, I can't imagine all the scratches from bangles, bracelets and beads. vmad.gif

user posted image

The superheroes biggrin.gif

user posted image

This post has been edited by Kelvw: Nov 20 2017, 07:41 PM
Apple_DarreN
post Nov 20 2017, 08:04 PM

Tesla is Yummy.

QUOTE(Kelvw @ Nov 20 2017, 07:26 PM)
chiahau

Yeah, it's the same price as the normal Black bays. Problem is if you can get one  doh.gif

More hulk poison for you?

user posted image

user posted image

Also just got my Submariner book from Mondani. Got a complementary bracelet which I doubt I would wear. Not good to wear on the watch wrist anyway, I can't imagine all the scratches from bangles, bracelets and beads.  vmad.gif

user posted image
The superheroes  biggrin.gif

user posted image
Amazing how the hulk's sunburst dial react to different lighting. Almost black dial for the first pic and yet flashy sunburst in the rest

Amazing piece

ck77
post Yesterday, 11:04 AM

Look at all my stars!!

https://www.chrono24.com/magazine/is-tudor-...betterthanRolex
r3kahsttub
post Yesterday, 11:21 AM

IG: @MTHRFKNWIN

Good article. Sure, in terms of quality, I think Tudor is doing a fantastic job of creating desirable pieces and at much more affordable prices. However, to me at least, Rolex still has an appeal that is undeniable. Snob image or not, I wanted a 114060 simply because I wanted a Rolex (if that even makes sense haha).

To put this in perspective, even after getting a Pelagos and Black Bay, I desired a Sub (very badly). If I had to get rid of one, you already know which one I'd put up on the chopping block.

I think Rolex already have a fantastic line-up of watches, and honestly I think the same can be said for Tudor. But have both brands sit side-by-side and the Tudor is noticeably cheaper. That's not a bad thing; they do not compete anyway.

My only "problem" with Tudor is that they have been dropping too many watches over the last 5 years! How many variants of BBs are there already? I think they're tip toeing towards Omega and Panerai, and I think those are dangerous waters.
ck77
post Yesterday, 11:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(r3kahsttub @ Nov 21 2017, 11:21 AM)
Good article. Sure, in terms of quality, I think Tudor is doing a fantastic job of creating desirable pieces and at much more affordable prices. However, to me at least, Rolex still has an appeal that is undeniable. Snob image or not, I wanted a 114060 simply because I wanted a Rolex (if that even makes sense haha).

To put this in perspective, even after getting a Pelagos and Black Bay, I desired a Sub (very badly). If I had to get rid of one, you already know which one I'd put up on the chopping block.

I think Rolex already have a fantastic line-up of watches, and honestly I think the same can be said for Tudor. But have both brands sit side-by-side and the Tudor is noticeably cheaper. That's not a bad thing; they do not compete anyway.

My only "problem" with Tudor is that they have been dropping too many watches over the last 5 years! How many variants of BBs are there already? I think they're tip toeing towards Omega and Panerai, and I think those are dangerous waters.
I think Tudor fill up nicely in the gap of old Rolex (<RM20k range).
Besides, they are more creative and dare to experiment newer design and materiel, i.e PVD, bronze etc
Eventually, like you, Tudor owners will tend to 'upgrade' to Rolex in some point of time, which is not a bad thing for the company as a whole. Much like Seiko Prospex update to GS biggrin.gif

r3kahsttub
post Yesterday, 11:43 AM

IG: @MTHRFKNWIN

I think its a smart strategy actually; remember the BB used to be <10k and Pelagos <15k. With Rolex moving so high up the chain, Tudor has swept in to now <20k, significantly more premium than where they were positioned before.

This post has been edited by r3kahsttub: Yesterday, 11:44 AM
St. Teh
post Yesterday, 05:11 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

DELETE

This post has been edited by St. Teh: Yesterday, 05:12 PM
chiahau
post Yesterday, 11:12 PM

Fatthau StalKer

QUOTE(ck77 @ Nov 21 2017, 11:28 AM)
I think Tudor fill up nicely in the gap of old Rolex (<RM20k range).
Besides, they are more creative and dare to experiment newer design and materiel, i.e PVD, bronze etc
Eventually, like you, Tudor owners will tend to 'upgrade' to Rolex in some point of time, which is not a bad thing for the company as a whole. Much like Seiko Prospex update to GS  biggrin.gif
That’s the thing la.

You get a Tudor because a Rolex seems so expensive and out of reach at the moment. As you use the Tudor, you’ll feel like it’s good, but not great.

That’s when the Rolex fascination or attraction would comes kicking in. I had my Pelagos for 3 months and man, the Rolex vibes keeps getting stronger and stronger.

In the end, I shipped out the Pelagos for minimal loss and now hunting for a fairly priced Rolex in the market. I would definitely get a Black Bay and a Pelagos some day down the road but at this juncture, I’d get a Rolex and use it till I’m bored tongue.gif
Jenn77
post Today, 12:08 AM

Look Ma' Im Flyin! Gee~

QUOTE(chiahau @ Nov 21 2017, 11:12 PM)
That’s the thing la.

You get a Tudor because a Rolex seems so expensive and out of reach at the moment. As you use the Tudor, you’ll feel like it’s good, but not great.

That’s when the Rolex fascination or attraction would comes kicking in. I had my Pelagos for 3 months and man, the Rolex vibes keeps getting stronger and stronger.

In the end, I shipped out the Pelagos for minimal loss and now hunting for a fairly priced Rolex in the market. I would definitely get a Black Bay and a Pelagos some day down the road but at this juncture, I’d get a Rolex and use it till I’m bored tongue.gif
Agree with you bro.. for me is more about design. After Tudor, I'll look for another, probably IWC Pilot. Rolex will be my wishlist, for a long time. tongue.gif

QUOTE(Kelvw @ Nov 20 2017, 05:15 PM)
Great price.. price range almost similar with the black color back here.

This post has been edited by Jenn77: Today, 12:13 AM
rocketride
post Today, 12:09 AM

Group: Newbie

rolex sometimes feels a bit stuck in the past to me...like, the designs are nice, but always so similar.

62 Pages « < 60 61 62Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0652sec    2.42    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 01:25 AM