Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

IMP Comfort Absorber, Reliable?

views

justin_chia
post Oct 24 2016, 11:04 AM

6 posts

Well, after i changed to this absorber it tend to have tok tok tok sound while driving on uneven road. Is it normal to have this sound after I just had it installed for 3 months?
justin_chia
post Oct 25 2016, 10:01 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Oct 24 2016, 06:06 PM)
Afraid if it have some defects. Better check n claim warranty. Worst is the installation under our own cost
Sure bro, I'll make an appointment with the dealer. Luckily it came with one year warranty. rclxms.gif
justin_chia
post Dec 4 2017, 02:29 PM

6 posts

First of all, I'm quite grateful for speedmod who assisted me to claim full set of IMP dampener after 1 year due to 4 of those already got sound from shaft.

Manatau just right after 2 months, my driver side front dampener still came out with knocking sound which is so irritating for me.

I'm somehow wondering if the QC quality can compare with Original Honda dampener as it can be so disappointed for a driver to spend a thousand bucks and get this kind of build quality for twice. bangwall.gif bangwall.gif bangwall.gif
justin_chia
post Jun 8 2018, 09:40 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(outpace @ Jun 5 2018, 08:02 AM)
any related part had already worn? absober mounting, suspension link, spring?
I've replaced it back to original Honda absorber and it's working well since last December.

thumbsup.gif
justin_chia
post Jun 12 2018, 03:24 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Jun 8 2018, 02:44 PM)
any particular reason to change back to original setup?
The stiffness of IMP comfort is good enough for daily drive in Malaysia, but compromise a lil bit of comfort-ness.

Reason why I replaced it back to Honda original absorber is due to the knocking sound on uneven road even I've claimed another new set from seller.

The first pair, got a lil knocking sound after I first drove back and after few months later, the sound become louder and make me feel uneasy.
The second pair, at the beginning after i've just replaced with the claimed set, it'd worked well for two months.
Just right after the second month, the knocking sound came back and I couldn't tahan anymore.

FYI, the full set including front 2 rear 2 are having this problem.
Thus, I've changed it all. bangwall.gif

justin_chia
post Feb 11 2019, 11:23 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(lil_flank @ Feb 11 2019, 09:48 AM)
May i know how much did u spent on the stock Honda abs (front and back)?
Should be around 1k+, don’t remember clearly πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0151sec    0.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:37 PM